How to block text messages on your iPhone
- Tap the number or contact at the top of the message, then click the small info button.
- On the Details screen, tap the right facing arrow next to the name, phone number, or address which texted you.
- Tap “Block this Caller.”
How to block spammy text messages on an iPhone?
- Here’s how to block spam texts on your iPhone: Open the Messages app and open a conversation with the person or company you want to block. Tap the contact icon at the top of the screen, then tap the Info icon to bring up quick actions for that contact. Tap Info again to view a contact card. Scroll to the bottom and tap Block this Caller, then confirm you want to Block Contact.
- 1 How do I block unwanted text messages on my iPhone?
- 2 How do I block unwanted text messages?
- 3 Why can’t I block a text message?
- 4 How do I block text Messages not in my contacts?
- 5 Does blocking on iPhone Stop texts?
- 6 How do you only text contacts on iPhone?
- 7 How do I block a number on my iPhone that’s not in my contacts?
- 8 Block, filter, and report messages on iPhone
- 9 Block messages from a specific person or number
- 10 Filter iMessage messages from unknown senders
- 11 Report spam or junk messages
- 12 iPhone: How to block texts
- 13 About the Author
- 14 How to block a text message’s source on iPhones
- 15 How to block or filter texts from all unknown numbers
- 16 Why am I still getting texts from a number I blocked?
- 17 You can easily block text messages on iPhone: Here’s how
- 18 How to block text messages from an individual
- 19 How to filter messages and calls from people you don’t know
- 20 How to Block Text Messages in iOS and Android
- 21 Block texts from the Messages app in iOS
- 22 How to block texts from known contacts in iOS
- 23 Block texts from numbers that appear as unknown or private
- 24 Report spam iMessages
- 25 Blocking texts on a Google Pixel from the Messages App
- 26 How to block texts on a Samsung phone from a conversation
- 27 How to block texts on a Samsung phone in the Messages app settings
- 28 How to block texts on (most) other Android phones
- 29 How to block texts using your carrier
- 30 Block texts with apps
- 31 Apple iPhone 12 (A2172) – Block or Unblock Messages
- 32 Unblock messages
- 33 View blocked contacts and numbers
- 34 Filter iMessages from unknown senders
- 35 How to Block Text Messages on an iPhone : HelloTech How
- 36 How to Block Text Messages on an iPhone
- 37 How to Block a Group Text on an iPhone
- 38 How to Block Text Messages on iPhone
- 39 Block Text Messages on iPhone(iOS 14) in 2021
- 40 Keep Your iPhone Inbox Free of Spam Messages
- 41 Manage messages: Apple iPhone on iOS 13
- 42 The almost-secret hidden iPhone switch that blocks spam text messages and notifications
- 43 iPhone: How to Block SMS From Any Sender Including Bulk Messages
- 44 How to Block Text Messages on iPhone
- 45 How to Block MessagesTexts on iPhoneiPad
- 46 How To Block Text Messages On iPhone
- 47 Block Caller(s) from your iPhone Contacts
- 48 Block Unwanted or Spam Text Messages from Unknown on iPhone
- 49 Contact Your Carrier for Phone Spam Tools
- 50 How to Block Text Messages on iPhone Easily
- 51 Part 1: How to block text messages from a certain number on iPhone
- 52 Part 2: How to block text message from unknown numbers on iPhone
How do I block unwanted text messages on my iPhone?
iPhone: How to Block SMS From Any Sender Including Bulk Messages
- Open the spam text in the Messages app.
- Tap the i icon on the top-right.
- Tap the name of the sender at the top, located just below Details.
- Tap Block this Caller.
- Tap Block Contact.
- This will block spam SMS from that sender.
How do I block unwanted text messages?
Here’s how to block unwanted texts on your Android phone:
- Step 1: Open your messaging app and find the text you want to block. Then, select the three-dot icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Step 2: Tap the Block number option and confirm your decision in the pop-up.
Why can’t I block a text message?
If you can’t find the option to block, you can install the Google Messages app and use that app instead. To block a message, select it and choose “Details” from the menu, then choose “Block & report spam.”
How do I block text Messages not in my contacts?
Go to Settings and tap on Messages. Scroll down to Filter Unknown Senders and toggle the setting on. If you are an Android user, open your phone app and tap on the three-dot icon and choose Settings.
Does blocking on iPhone Stop texts?
When you block a contact, their texts go nowhere. The person whose number you’ve blocked won’t receive any sign that their message to you was blocked; their text will simply sit there looking as though it were sent and not yet delivered, but in fact, it will be lost to the ether.
How do you only text contacts on iPhone?
Launch “Settings” and tap on “Notifications” Choose “Messages” and scroll down to find the section titled “Show iMessage Alerts From:” and choose “ My Contacts Only ”
How do I block a number on my iPhone that’s not in my contacts?
Go to “Settings”, scroll down and select “Phone”, scroll down to the bottom and enable the feature:
- Block calls from non-contacts in one tap on iPhone (iOS 13 and 14)
- Block all calls except from contacts on iPhone.
Block, filter, and report messages on iPhone
When iOS 11.4 was released, the ability to sync Messages with the cloud was enabled. However, certain older attachments may be deleted from your device and stored in the cloud if you have this option set. iMazing will still be able to see and extract your messages if you have this option enabled. This does not have an effect on the text content.
Block messages from a specific person or number
- Messages sync through ICloud was first offered in iOS 11.4. In the event that you activate this option, iMazing will continue to be able to view and extract your messages in the same manner as previously
- However, certain older attachments may be deleted by iOS from your device and stored in the cloud. The content of the text remains unaffected.
You may manage your banned contacts and phone numbers by going to the SettingsMessagesBlocked Contacts section of your account. Apple Support provides the following article:Blocking phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (in English).
Filter iMessage messages from unknown senders
It is possible to turn off iMessage alerts from senders who aren’t in your contacts by filtering messages from unknown senders. The messages are sorted into the Unknown Senders tab in the Messages list when you filter messages from unknown senders.
- Go to SettingsMessages and choose Filter Unknown Senders from the drop-down menu. Please keep in mind that you will not be able to open any links in an email from an unknown sender until you either add the sender to your contacts or respond to the email.
Report spam or junk messages
When using iMessage, a message you receive from someone who isn’t already in your contacts list may be flagged as spam or junk mail. Apple can be contacted if you receive any of these messages. Hit Report Junk in the message, then tap Delete and Report Junk again. Information about the sender as well as the message are transmitted to Apple, and the message is permanently wiped from your device. Keep in mind that reporting trash or spam does not prohibit the sender from continuing to send messages; however, you can block the number in order to stop receiving texts.
The maximum number of characters is 250.
iPhone: How to block texts
When sending or receiving messages from someone who is not already in your contacts list, the message may be flagged as spam or garbage. Apple can be contacted if you get these notifications. Delete the message and then Report Junk from the message’s menu bar. Information about the sender as well as the message are provided to Apple, and the message is permanently removed from your device. Keep in mind that reporting trash or spam does not prohibit the sender from continuing to send messages; however, you can block the number in order to avoid receiving them.
Characters are limited to a total of 250 in length.
How to block texts on iPhone
- In the Messages app, choose a message from a phone number that you’d like to ban
- To contact someone, select the contact icon directly above the phone number at the top of the screen. Choose information towards the top of the page
- If you are using iOS 13, press thearrow to the right of the number
- If you are using iOS 14, tap info again. At the bottom of your screen, selectBlock this Caller from receiving calls.
Here’s what it looks like on iOS 14 and iOS 13 respectively:
How to manage blocked numbers
- Navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone and selectPhone from the drop-down menu. Once again, pick Blocked Contacts from the drop-down menu. You’ll be able to see the whole list of numbers you’ve banned (which includes both texts and phone calls)
- Then, to unblock a number, select it and press the Edit button in the upper right corner. When completed, press the Done button.
How to block texts in iOS 12
- In the Messages app, choose a message from a phone number that you’d like to ban
- In the top right corner, tap the arrow to the right of the phone number
- In the lower right corner, tap the arrow to the left of the phone number
- In the lower left corner, tap the arrow to the right of the phone number
- In the lower left corner At the bottom of the screen, selectBlock this Caller.
How to manage blocked numbers
- Swipe down and touch on Messages after opening Settings. Swipe down and choose Blocked from the drop-down menu. In the upper right corner, choose Edit, and then delete any numbers you’d like to unblock.
Read more 9to5Mac tutorials:
- Here’s how to make advantage of the new iPhone home screen widgets in iOS 14
- IOS 14: How to multitask while watching a video in Picture in Picture mode on your iPhone
- Instructions for using iOS 14 to watch 4K YouTube videos on your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV
- What is the small call interface on the iPhone and how does it work? iOS 14
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has approved the use of auto affiliate links that generate money. More. More Apple news may be found on 9to5Mac’s YouTube channel:
About the Author
@michaelpotuck Michael works as an editor for the 9to5Mac website. Since joining in 2016, he has produced more than 3,000 pieces, which include breaking news, reviews, extensive comparisons, and tutorials, among other things.
Michael Potuck’s favorite gear
(Image courtesy of Apple Inc.) Understanding how to block a source of infuriating text messages on your iPhone isn’t that tough to figure out either.
It might be more difficult if the sender is employing spoofing to SMS you repeatedly from fictitious phone numbers. In fact, it’s possible to get SMS from a number that you’ve banned, if you don’t fix a little-known security flaw.
The following image is courtesy of Apple, Inc. It’s not too difficult to figure out how to block a source of unwanted text messages on your iPhone. Especially if the sender is employing spoofing to text you repeatedly from fictitious phone numbers, it might be more difficult to track down. In fact, unless you close a little-known loophole, it’s possible to get SMS from a number that you’ve banned.
How to block a text message’s source on iPhones
Consider the scenario in which you receive a strange and unpleasant text message, like I did yesterday with the extremely sarcastic wording seen in the image above. You can block that phone number in a matter of minutes by following a few simple steps.
- Upon opening the text, choose the blank profile symbol to the right of the phone number. TapInfo. Then tapInfoagain in the succeeding menu
- There will be an option to Block this Caller at the bottom of your next page
- Click on it.
This strategy is effective for spam SMS that have just been received. However, if you’ve already erased someone’s text messages, or if you haven’t gotten any yet but want to preemptively block them, you may do so using your Phone Contacts — provided you know the phone number you wish to block. Spammington, your spamming days have come to an end. (Image courtesy of Future)
- Open the Phoneapp and select the Contactstab from the drop-down menu. If you already have the person in question registered, tap their name and then go to the bottom of the menu choices to findBlock this Caller
- If you don’t already have the person in question registered, tap their name and then scroll to the bottom of the menu options to findBlock this Caller
- If you don’t have a Contact entry, you’ll need to establish one. To access the Contacts page, click on the +symbol in the top-right corner. Enter a name and phone number, and then clickDone. Then scroll all the way down to the bottom to block them
If you ever decide to unblock a phone number, you may do it quickly and easily by contacting them using their phone contact page. You can also get a list of all the numbers you’ve banned by going to SettingsMessagesBlocked Contacts.
How to block or filter texts from all unknown numbers
Using their phone contact page, you may quickly unblock a number if you wish to do so at a later time. You can also get a list of all of the numbers you’ve banned by going to SettingsMessagesBlocked Contacts.
Why am I still getting texts from a number I blocked?
Using their phone contact page, you may quickly unblock a number if you ever decide to do so. To get a list of all the numbers you’ve banned, click to SettingsMessagesBlocked Contacts. He began his freelance writing career with TechRadar in 2016, where he wrote on upcoming technologies such as virtual reality and self-driving automobiles. In his current position as a staff editor at Android Central, David still publishes TR reviews, how-tos, and explainers on smartphones, tablets, smart home products, and other technology on a regular basis.
You can easily block text messages on iPhone: Here’s how
Whatever your reason for wanting to block text messages from someone, whether it’s to avoid spam or simply to keep undesirable people out of your life, there will almost certainly come a time when you’ll want to do so. It is rather simple to block text messages on an iPhone if you are using the iOS operating system. The same is true whether you’re attempting to restrict access to a single individual or using a more “scorched earth” approach, and we’ll explain how both strategies operate in this section.
How to block text messages from an individual
The procedure of barring texts from a certain person or phone number on an iPhone is basic. To start a new chat with that person in Messages, first open the conversation with them in Messages and then touch on their name (if they are in your contacts) or number at the top of the screen. Following that, pick “Info” from the panel that opens, and then click the “Block this Contact” option that is highlighted in red on the screen. Confirm your selection, and the offending individual is no longer accessible.
Just keep in mind that blocking someone is an all-or-nothing affair, which means that when you block someone, you’re effectively shutting down all modes of communication with them, including phone calls, FaceTime, email, and texts, among others.
Alternatively, if you change your mind in the future, you may access your banned callers list by navigating to SettingsPhoneBlocked Contacts on your smartphone.
This approach for blocking callers is functional in iOS 15, although it may be significantly different in previous or legacy versions of the operating system, such as iOS 7.
Though not identical across contemporary editions of iOS, the method should be comparable enough that following these steps will put you in the correct way. More information on how to restrict calls or texts on an iPhone may be found on Apple’s support website.
How to filter messages and calls from people you don’t know
When using an iPhone, you may also mute the constant stream of spam messages that arrive in your inbox through the use of an app. When using an iPhone, you may filter texts and calls from numbers that are not in your contact list, which might be handy if you receive a large volume of spam on a daily basis. To filter messages, navigate to SettingsMessages and turn on the “Filter Unknown Senders” toggle switch. That’s all there is to it. Using this method, you can also silence unknown callers by heading to SettingsPhoneSilence Unknown Callers and turning on the feature.
- For starters, these texts and phone calls will not be blocked outright by your iPhone’s security settings.
- Additionally, Apple states that you will not be able to open any links contained in such messages unless you either add that phone number to your contacts or react to the message in question, according to the company.
- If you receive a large number of trash messages or spam calls, this option may be beneficial; nevertheless, we recommend that you first block particular callers before relying on this service.
- In this day and age of two-factor authentication, many SMS messages received by unknown persons have some validity to them.
- In any case, regardless of who you want to ban or why you want to block them, the iPhone makes it rather simple to do so.
How to Block Text Messages in iOS and Android
When dealing with a continual stream of spam messages or a persistent ex who won’t take “no” for an answer, it’s important to learn how to block communications on your computer. Regardless of whether you’re using iOS or Android, the procedure is typically less time-consuming and painless than you anticipate. You can easily block text messages — and even unwanted phone calls — no matter what sort of phone you have, and we’ll show you how. No matter what kind of phone you have, you may be wondering how to stop text messages — and even unwanted phone calls.
Block texts from the Messages app in iOS
Text messages may be blocked with relative ease in iOS.
The Messages app on your iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, or earlier iPhone is the quickest and most convenient method to block a message.Step 1:Open the message from the contact you wish to block.Step 2:Tap theirnameorprofile photoat the top of the message.Step 3:Tapinfo.Step 4:TapBlock this caller.
How to block texts from known contacts in iOS
An alternative method of preventing messages from known contacts is to include them on yourBlocked list. It is possible to block not just texts, but also phone calls and FaceTime calls using one of the two methods discussed in the previous section. This saves you the time and effort of having to go into both the Phone and FaceTime applications to block the same person. Step 1: Launch the Settings application, scroll down, and select Messages. Step 2: Tap on the contacts that have been blocked.
Choose the contact you wish to prevent from contacting you.
To delete a contact, go to the Edit menu in the upper-right corner of the screen and choose theminus sign next to the name of the person you want to remove from the list.
Block texts from numbers that appear as unknown or private
Unfortunately, unlike known contacts, you are unable to completely block unknown and private numbers in the same manner that you may block known contacts. You may, on the other hand, screen and isolate them from the folks you are familiar with. The Unknown Senders tab will be created in your Messages app, and you will not get alerts for messages from unknown senders. It’s not the ideal solution, but it’s a respectable compromise. Step 1: Open your Settings app and scroll down to the Messages section.
Report spam iMessages
An other action you may do is to report spam and trash iMessages. In the event that you get an iMessage from someone you do not know, there will be a link to Report Junk in the message. Apple will receive the information and message from the sender if they click on the link. This should be handled by corporate personnel who should ultimately prevent the individual or bot from contacting you in the future. You may also send an email to [email protected] to complain about spam. Keep in mind that you’ll need a screenshot of the message, as well as the email address or phone number that sent the iMessage, as well as the date and time that you got it to prove you received it.
For example, AT&T recommends sending the spam message to the number 7726.
Following that, the carrier will check into the message further.
Blocking texts on a Google Pixel from the Messages App
There are two methods for blocking SMS on a Google phone, such as the Pixel 6 or the Pixel 6 Pro, which are described below. Both occur within the Messages application. Begin the Messagesapp first, and then open or start a chat with one of your contacts from there. TapMore (which is symbolized by three vertical dots), selectDetails, and then tapBlockReport Spam to complete the process. Step 1: Go to the Messages tab. Step 2: Tapping and holding on a message from someone you wish to block will do the trick.
Step 4: Press the Button. To open a message in a different way, you can hit the three dots in the top right corner after you have tapped on it. Step 6: Tap the Details button. Step 7: TapBlockReport Spam to report spam.
How to block texts on a Samsung phone from a conversation
Samsung phones such as the Galaxy S20 FE, Galaxy S21, and Galaxy S21 Ultra, which are similar to Google phones, feature two methods for blocking texts. The first occurs while a user is engaged in a chat in theMessagesapp. Start by opening the Messages app and selecting the discussion you want to ban. Step 2: Verify that the contact is not a previously stored contact by tapping it, then tapBlock Numberat the top of the message to confirm. Please keep in mind that if the person you wish to block is a known contact, the procedure will be different.
- Tap Delete discussion in the dialogue box that appears to complete the process of removing a particular chat from your list.
- Step 5:Once more, in the dialogue box that appears, you may select Delete chat to erase the conversation from your list of conversations.
- Select “Block Contact” from the drop-down menu.
How to block texts on a Samsung phone in the Messages app settings
If you prefer, you may block messages, contacts, or phone numbers straight from theMessagesapp’sSettings menu item. Step 1: In the app, press the three dots in the upper-right corner to open the settings menu. Step 2: Select Settings from the drop-down menu. Step 3: Use the tap button to block numbers and spam. Step 4: Tap the corresponding block numbers. Using this dialogue box, you may manually input phone numbers to block, or you can acquire the numbers from your Contacts or via Conversations, whichever is appropriate.
How to block texts on (most) other Android phones
Android is a fantastic operating system that is available in a variety of forms, sizes, and tastes. As a result, there are a variety of methods for blocking texts and contacts in each Android operating system version. Messagesapp will be your primary destination for the majority of your communications. In most cases, a three-dot menu will appear, and inside it will be the option to access the Settings menu. If you receive a message, you may touch on it and check for a block option in the message body.
How to block texts using your carrier
In order to assist their clients in blocking texts from certain numbers, such as those belonging to telemarketers, several mobile carriers offer services and extra settings. T-Mobile offers Message Blocking, Verizon offers Calls and Messages Blocking, and AT T offers Secure Family.
Block texts with apps
There are hundreds of applications available in both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store that give you with additional options for blocking phone numbers and text messages. If you decide to proceed with this option, we urge that you look into it more. However, you should be aware of the potential privacy risks associated with sharing your contacts.
Should I Answer? (free)
Is it appropriate for me to respond? If you’re looking for a call-blocking app, is one of the greatest options available. It features an active forum where users can discuss and rate different phone numbers, as well as other information that makes it simple to determine if a phone number is authentic, a bot, a telemarketer, or a scam. It’s simple to block numbers, whether online or offline, and you have the option of blocking any or all numbers that are not in your contacts list. Text-blocking software does, in fact, have access to your contacts list.
The developer, on the other hand, claims that your contacts will stay private, with no sharing or uploading, and that contacts will only be accessible to check for incoming phone calls. Unfortunately, this application is not compatible with iPhones. Android
Hiya Caller ID and Block (free)
Using a vast database containing millions of phone numbers, this call-blocking application can identify and flag telemarketers, robocalls, scammers, and debt collectors, among other things. This program allows you to create a list of numbers to block or search for numbers in your phone call log using the reverse search feature. On the negative side, Hiya accesses your contacts and stores them in an encrypted database, which is accessed by third parties. In addition, the organization ensures that your contacts will never be sold and that they will only be used to generate white lists and match information.
Hiya was created by the same team that created Mr.
Truecaller, the follow-up to the well-regarded Truemessenger app, operates in a similar manner to its predecessor in that it notifies you when you get a spam call or text message. As soon as the program identifies spam, it will ban the senders, preventing them from calling or texting you in the future. The app’s powerful Caller ID algorithm quickly and accurately detects any strange numbers that are harassing you. This software is used by over 250 million people worldwide. Truecaller has told us that, despite the fact that your phone book will be accessed in order for the service to combat spam, your privacy will not be compromised.
While the app will access your phone book in order to provide its Caller ID feature, it will not collect or use any of the information that you have saved in your phone book.
- How to make a FaceTime call with a group of people
- How to utilize Screen Time on iOS to cut down on your phone use
- The most common iPad Pro issues, as well as how to resolve them
- When will my phone be updated to Android 12? This month’s top iPad Pro bargains and offers are listed below.
Apple iPhone 12 (A2172) – Block or Unblock Messages
1. From the home screen, go to the Messagesapp icon. 2. To contact someone, first choose the desiredmessage thread, then click ontheContact iconat the top of your screen. Select the Information icon from the toolbar. SelectBlock this Caller from the drop-down menu, then selectBlock Contact to confirm your selection.
Unblock this Caller may be found under the desired contact’s name.
View blocked contacts and numbers
Pick theSettings applications from the home screen, then scroll to and select Messages, then scroll to and select Blocked Contacts from the list. Also, by selecting theSettings appscroll to and selectingPhoneBlocked Contacts, or theSettings appscroll to and selectingFaceTimeBlocked Contacts, you may get access to banned numbers and contacts on your phone. More information may be found in the Apple support articleBlock calls and filter or block texts on your iPhone.
Filter iMessages from unknown senders
When viewing your messages, scroll down to and select theFilter Unknown Senders option from the Messages page.
The Messages app will transport filter-filtered iMessages to a whole different tab, as noted above. Filtered messages will not be notified to you, and you will not get them. More information may be found in the Apple support articleBlock calls and filter or block texts on your iPhone.
How to Block Text Messages on an iPhone : HelloTech How
Being inundated with text messages that you do not wish to receive may be quite annoying. There is a technique to block unwanted text messages from reaching your phone, whether they are from an old flame or spam texts from a less-than-reputable organization. The following steps will show you how to block text messages from a single caller as well as group messaging on an iPhone.
How to Block Text Messages on an iPhone
Select a text message from the number you wish to block in the Messages app on your iPhone to begin blocking text messages from that particular number. Then selectBlock this Caller from the profile information information menu.
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone and compose a message. On your home screen, look for the app with a speech bubble symbol in green and white
- Then open a text message from the number you wish to block
- And last, close the app. Following that, hit the profile symbol at the top of your screen
- Then tap the information button that appears. After that, press the infobutton. The little profile symbol will be located directly below the large profile icon on the following screen. Then selectBlock this Caller from the drop-down menu. Finally, from the pop-up menu, selectBlock Contact. You will notice an option to Unblock the Caller at the bottom of your screen if you have blocked a text message from a certain phone number. You may touch this at any moment to unblock the phone number
- However, it is not recommended.
As a result of doing so, you will no longer receive text messages or phone calls from that number in the future. In the event that you ever wish to unblock them again, the number will stay in your contact list for future reference.
How to Block a Group Text on an iPhone
You will no longer receive text messages or phone calls from that number as a result of taking these steps. In the event that you ever wish to unblock them again, the number will stay in your contact list until you do so.
- Start by opening the Messages app on your iPhone
- Next, choose the group text that you wish to block
- And last, tap Block. Next, at the top of the screen, tap the profile symbol
- Then, press info
- And so on. After that, select the option to “Leave this Conversation.” Finally, selectDone from the pop-up menu after selectingLeave this Conversation. In the upper-right corner of your screen, you’ll notice this message
Start by opening the Messages app on your iPhone; Next, choose the group text that you wish to block; and last, press Block. Next, at the top of the screen, tap the profile symbol; then, hit info; and so on. Afterwards, select End this Conversation from the drop-down menu Once you’ve finished, selectDone from the pop-up menu after tappingLeave this Conversation. In the upper-right corner of your screen, you will notice the following:
How to Block Text Messages on iPhone
Getting bombarded with spam texts is the nightmare of every mobile phone user on the planet. Spam messages are despised by everyone, and most of us have screamed at the top of our lungs when we get one. Spammers, on the other hand, are persistent and may be quite irritating. Find out how to block text messages on iPhone, whether it’s from an annoying business sending you new offers you don’t care about or from a random individual who keeps messaging you for no apparent reason with this guide.
Block Text Messages on iPhone(iOS 14) in 2021
Apple has lacked a reliable SMS filtering tool for some years. However, with the introduction of iOS 14, Apple has finally added several essential new functions to the iPhone that were previously unavailable. Throughout this post, I’ll go through the numerous strategies you may use to prevent text messages from being sent or received on iOS 14. These solutions will only work if your iPhone is running the most recent version of iOS 14, which is currently available. But don’t worry, iOS 14 is compatible with practically every new iPhone that has been released recently.
Block Spam Messages on iPhone
Spam messages are probably the most irritating sorts of communications that you might get on the internet. Not to worry if, like me, you are bothered by unsolicited email communications (spam). If you want to filter spam texts on your iPhone, here are a handful of things you may try: Opening the spam message you wish to block and tapping on the sender’s name or number at the top of the message will do the trick. Here, select the ‘Info’ button from the drop-down menu.
2. Then, tap on ‘Info’ once more, followed by the ‘Block this Caller’ option one more. If you receive a large number of spam messages from a single sender, this strategy may be beneficial. Only by blocking the sender will you be able to stop receiving any future texts from that person or group.
Method 2: Filter Spam Messages
Spam messages are frequently the most irritating sorts of communications that people receive. Not to worry if, like me, you are bothered by unsolicited emails (spam). If you want to stop spam texts on your iPhone, here are a handful of things you may try. 1. Locate and touch on the sender’s name or number at the top of the spam message you wish to ban. Then, select the information button from the drop-down menu. Tap ‘Info’ once more, followed by the ‘Block this Caller’ option, and then ‘OK.’ If you receive a large number of spam messages from a single sender, this strategy can be very useful to you.
Block Marketing Messages on iPhone
When I initially started using my iPhone XR, I had already come to terms with the fact that I would be bombarded with commercial messages. That’s because iOS didn’t have an effective means to prevent these notifications from becoming a source of irritation. The usage of third-party SMS organizers allowed me to get things organized on my Android phone, but that option is not accessible on my iPhone.
Method 1: Use Native SMS Filter in iOS 14
My destiny with marketing messages had been pretty well sealed by the time I received my iPhone XR for the first time. As a result, there was no effective method for iOS to prevent these notifications from becoming obnoxious. The usage of third-party SMS organizers allowed me to get things organized on my Android phone, but that option was not accessible on my iPhone.
Method 2: Use Third-party SMS Filter Apps
The default SMS filter on your iPhone’s iOS 14 operating system is not the most effective at capturing spam and marketing texts. However, third-party SMS filters are now available for download on iOS devices. For example, Truecaller (Free) has its own SMS filter, which you may use on iOS 14 on your iPhone 6s and above to avoid receiving needless messages from unknown numbers. UnknownSpam may be found in the Settings section of Messages.
- Check to ensure that the ‘Filter Unknown Senders’ option has been turned on. Then, instead of SMS Filter, choose ‘Truecaller’ from the drop-down menu that appears
Now, it is fantastic. Make certain, though, that you are employing an SMS filter from a reputable supplier. You might wonder why. Because of the Truecaller filter’s activation, it will receive text, attachments, and sender information in SMS and MMS messages, as seen in the screenshot below. Yes, that is a significant amount of personal information to be shared with a third-party application. I don’t use the Truecaller SMS filter since I am cautious about my privacy, but I recommend only sharing data with developers that have earned your confidence.
Block Text Messages from a Particular Contact
Spam messages and commercial communications are without a doubt the most irritating kind of texts. However, there are situations when you may come into contact with obnoxious individuals, someone with whom you no longer desire to maintain communication, or if some random contact sends you an SMS message. In this situation, here’s how to disable SMS messages from certain individuals on your iPhone. Opening the conversation with the person you desire to block, tapping on their name, and then selecting the ‘Info” option are the first steps.
Then, tap on ‘Info’ once again, followed by the ‘Block This Caller’ option to complete the process.
This strategy will prevent the user from sending you texts or making phone calls or FaceTime calls to your iPhone when using this method. It is the quickest and most straightforward method of preventing a specific contact from texting you on your iPhone.
Keep Your iPhone Inbox Free of Spam Messages
The fact that we still have to go to this much bother in order to prevent spam messages from reaching our iPhones is a positive development, as Apple is attempting to make the message filter function even more effective. With iOS 14, you can quickly block senders, as well as employ native or third-party SMS filters, to prevent inbound spam messages from arriving on your iPhone. So, do you find spam mails to be a source of irritation as well? Which SMS filter application do you have installed on your iPhone?
For those who are worried about their personal information, we recommend that you read our comprehensive guide on how to increase security and privacy with iOS 14.
Manage messages: Apple iPhone on iOS 13
Learn how to block, delete, and preserve SMS / MMS messages on an iPhone running Apple iOS 13 by following the steps below. Check out the Software versions and updates section for the latest version of the software.
Block messages or spam
- Alternatively, from the Home screen, choose SettingsMessagesBlocked ContactsAdd New. Select the contact you wish to block by tapping on his or her name.
From the number
- Messages may be accessed from the Home screen. Select the text message from the number you wish to block and press “Enter.” Then, after selecting the contact’s name or phone number, choose the information icon, which looks like the letter “i.” Select the contact’s name or phone number by tapping it. Block this CallerBlock this ContactBlock this CallerBlock Contact
- To access the Settings menu, go to the Home screen and select the Settings icon. Select MessagesBlocked ContactsEdit from the drop-down menu. To unlock a number or contact, press the button next to the number or contact you desire to unblock. TapUnblock
From the number
- Messages may be accessed from the Home screen. Select the text message from the number you wish to block and press “Enter.” Then, after selecting the contact’s name or phone number, choose the information icon, which looks like the letter “i.” Select the contact’s name or phone number by tapping it. Unblock this caller by pressing the Unblock button.
Delete picture messages (MMS)
- Messages may be accessed from the Home screen. Select the thread that contains the message you wish to remove and tap it. Tap and hold the message you wish to erase until it disappears. TapMore
- Select the trash icon from the toolbar. Select Delete Message from the drop-down menu.
Delete text messages (SMS)
- Select Messages from the Home screen. To remove a message, choose the thread in which it is contained. To delete a message, tap and hold the message you want to remove it. TapMore
- Choose Trash from the drop-down menu. A message may be deleted by selecting it and then pressing Delete.
Save pictures received in a message (MMS)
- Select the photo from the desired picture message by tapping on it. Select the up arrow symbol in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Save the image by using the Save button.
SMS service center number
- Open the Phoneapplication by selecting it from the Home screen. After then, press the Keypad button and dial the following number:**50057672*12063130004
- Select the greenCallicon from the drop-down menu. The message “Setting Succeeded” should appear on screen.
Are you receiving a large number of unsolicited text messages? When you are stopped by a notification on your iPhone, only to discover that it is yet another spam message, it may be really frustrating. Here’s a little secret: you can make them disappear by utilizing a function that is already there in iOS. Here’s how to go about it. To begin, go to the Settings menu. Scroll down and down and down until you reach the section titled “Messages.” It should be tapped. After that, keep scrolling down and down and down until you reach “Filter Unknown Messages” at the bottom of the page.
- Toggle it on.
- That’s all there is to it.
- “ContactsSMS” will be located on the left side of the screen and will feature messages from recognized contacts in your address book.
- When you receive a message from a sender who is not included in your address book, you will not be notified.
- Warning:Once “Filter Unknown Senders” is activated, it is critical that you add all genuine senders to your address book in order to avoid receiving spam.
- In order to ensure that you receive an SMS from someone you know, make sure to add their phone number to your address book.
- Warning about a related issue: Gig workers from businesses such as Door Dash, Uber Eats, and InstaCart frequently utilize rotating unique text message numbers to communicate with consumers while they are shopping or picking up their order from their location.
- Likewise, see: I downloaded and installed Verizon’s free junk call filter, and it appears to be somewhat effective.
- For new iOS users who have an empty contacts app, all messages will be from contacts who are not included in the address book by default.
Let us know whether you’re looking forward to this new feature in the comments section. How many spam mails do you receive on a daily basis these days? Please share your thoughts in the comments box below.
More iOS tips
- IOS 13 introduces some new features that you may have overlooked previously. Today, take a look at your security and privacy settings. Instructions on how to completely delete your Siri and dictation history from Apple’s servers
- Is your iPhone’s battery life suffering? This article will show you how to detect and resolve battery drain issues. Tips for iPhone users: If you are in a hurry, turn off this iOS setting.
The latest version of iOS has several new features that you may have missed previously. To make sure you are protected and private, check your security and privacy settings right now. Instructions on how to delete your Siri and dictation history from Apple’s servers are provided. Does your iPhone’s battery life seem to be suffering? Following are instructions on how to identify and resolve battery drain problems. Tip for iPhone users: If you are in a hurry, turn off this iOS setting.
iPhone: How to Block SMS From Any Sender Including Bulk Messages
IOS 13: New features you might have missed out on previously; Today, take a look at your security and privacy settings; Instructions on how to completely delete your Siri and dictation history from Apple’s servers. Is your iPhone’s battery life inadequate? Here’s how to identify and resolve battery drain problems. When you’re in a rush, turn off this iOS setting on your iPhone.
- IOS 13: New features you might have missed out on
- Today, take a look at these security and privacy options
- How to delete your Siri and dictation history from Apple’s servers
- Is your iPhone’s battery life lacking? Here’s how to identify and resolve battery drain concerns. When you are in a hurry, turn off this iOS setting on your iPhone.
These are the procedures to take for iOS 9.
- Open the spam text message in the Messages app on your smartphone. TapDetailson the top-right of the screen
- The button next to Do Not Disturb will allow you to stop receiving notifications from this sender but will not prevent you from receiving any alerts from this sender at all. Although you will no longer get alerts, you will continue to receive SMS messages. Theibutton should be used if you wish to completely block this sender. Scroll down and selectBlock this Caller from the drop-down menu.
You will no longer be receiving spam communications from that bulk sender as a result of this action. It is possible for spammers to SMS you from many IDs, such DM-SPAM, LM-MORESPAM, BZ-SPAM, and so on. Each of these bulk sender IDs has a unique number, which you may find out by following the steps in step 4. You’ll have to ban each of these phone numbers one by one if you want to entirely stop getting spam. Once you’ve completed this step, these IDs will be unable to contact you. If you want to unblock any of these spammers, simply follow the instructions outlined below.
- You will no longer be receiving spam communications from that bulk sender as a result of this decision. You may get texts from a variety of spammers using numerous IDs, such as DM-SPAM, LM-MORESSPAM, BZ-SPAM, or similar. You will be able to view the numbers for each of these bulk sender IDs if you follow the steps in step 4. To entirely stop getting spam, you’ll need to block each of these phone numbers one by one. Those IDs will be unable to contact you once this has been completed. The following actions should be followed if you want to unblock any of these spammers.
Did you successfully stop spam text message senders on your iPhone? If so, please share your experience. Please share your thoughts in the comments section. Visit our How To section for additional information on how to do things. On Gadgets 360, you can keep up with the latest news from the Consumer Electronics Show, including our CES 2022hub.
How to Block Text Messages on iPhone
What percentage of spam text message senders did you manage to ban on your iPhone? If you have any suggestions, please share them in the comments section. Visit our How To section for further instructions. Get the latest news from the Consumer Electronics Show on Gadgets 360, and check our our CES 2022hub for the newest updates.
How to Block MessagesTexts on iPhoneiPad
Blocking a contact on an iPhone or iPad is a rather easy and straightforward operation, regardless of the iOS/iPadOS version that is currently in use.
- Starting from the home screen of your iPhone, open the “Messages” application
- Go back to the original message thread or chat with the person you wish to block
- As demonstrated in the picture below, choose the contact’s name from the list at the top of the page. Increasing your alternatives will be made available to you. Continue by tapping on “Info” to go on to the next stage. In order to display the contact information, touch on “Info.” You’ll find the option to block the contact at the bottom of the page if you scroll down to the bottom. Select “Block this Caller” from the drop-down menu. When requested to confirm your action, select “Block Contact” from the drop-down menu and you’re done
There you have it. That’s pretty much the whole story. You now understand how to prohibit communications and text messages from being sent to you by someone by blocking them. Remember that by following the methods outlined above, you will be able to block all of their phone calls as well. When they contact your phone number, all of their calls will be automatically routed to your voicemail box. However, these messages will not appear in your regular voicemail box since they are concealed beneath the Blocked Messages area at the bottom of the Voicemail menu.
- On your iPhone, simply navigate to Settings – Messages – Blocked Contacts and manually remove the individuals from the list.
- They may be able to find out that they have been blocked in this manner.
- Instead of banning someone, you can choose to mute chats and disable alerts if you believe you’re receiving an excessive number of unwelcome messages from them instead of blocking them.
- Filtering text messages from unknown senders might also be beneficial if you receive a large number of messages from unknown senders.
Has your phone been blocked from sending you unsolicited texts and messages from any obnoxious contacts, weird phone numbers, or any other nonsense? What are your thoughts on the blocking function and the fact that it can be accessed via Messages? Please share your ideas in the comments section.
How To Block Text Messages On iPhone
Because (short) text messages, or SMS, are so well-known and can be used to swiftly deliver a message without requiring much effort on the part of the sender, advertising organizations are increasingly utilizing them to market their products, provide information, and so forth. On top of that, you can receive unwanted texts from someone you’ve just met a handful of times. In recent versions, beginning with iOS 7, Apple has included new security capabilities for their iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad users, allowing them to have greater control over their privacy and to prohibit certain phone numbers from sending text messages (normal SMS) and iMessages to their devices.
This article will teach you how to block undesirable iPhone calls, and this one will teach you how to block common phone numbers.
Block Caller(s) from your iPhone Contacts
iPhone contacts include a built-inBlockfeature that lets you to prevent a phone number from contacting you, sending you text messages, or even facetiming with you. The procedure is really straightforward, and it can be discovered directly on your iPhone without the need to download any third-party software or connect the device to a computer.
- A phone number may be blocked from calling, sending text messages, or even facetiming you using the built-inBlockfeature in the iPhone contacts. Without the need to download third-party software or connect the device to a computer, the procedure is really easy and can be found directly on your iPhone.
A phone number may be blocked from calling, sending text messages, or even facetiming you using the iPhone’s built-inBlockfeature. Without the need to download any third-party software or connect the device to a computer, the procedure is quite straightforward and can be completed immediately on your iPhone.
Block Unwanted or Spam Text Messages from Unknown on iPhone
The aforementioned strategy works pretty well for persons in your Contacts list. However, it has little effect on spammers or advertising firms who attempt to send different promotions and offers for their products to your phone number in an attempt to gain your business. These individuals are referred to as “spammers” or “unknown,” and they can also be prevented from accessing your iPhone.
- Navigate to the Messages app and tap on the message from the spammer to open it. In the upper right-hand corner, choose details
- There will be a phone icon and a letter I icon across from the number. Select the I symbol from the toolbar. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and choose Block this Caller from the drop-down menu.
As previously said, after you click on Block this Caller, the phone number associated with the blocked number will no longer be able to contact you by phone, text message, or Facetime you.
Contact Your Carrier for Phone Spam Tools
The two approaches we discussed earlier were quite effective for the majority of users; but, if you are unfortunate enough to get spam text messages, the best course of action is to contact your mobile service provider. It’s probable that cellphone operators such as Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile have phone spam tools on their systems. Others should follow the lead of companies like Verizon, which already has one. Using the facility provided by your wireless carrier, you may add an email address that is used to send text messages, as well as input a specific phone number that you desire to block.
Simply go into your online account, where you pay your bills, view your mobile data use, and so on, and you should find an opportunity to sign up for the ability to construct your own block list. I’ve filed it away. Learn more about phone calls, text messages, and other forms of communication.
How to Block Text Messages on iPhone Easily
Receiving unwanted text messages from a recognized phone number or receiving spam texts from an unknown sender may be extremely inconvenient and frustrating. Instead of deleting texts from your iPhone, you should learn how to block these text messages in order to make your iPhone more quiet and to make you feel less troubled while using your iPhone. Continue reading to find out how to ban text messages on your iPhone.
Part 1: How to block text messages from a certain number on iPhone
Receipt of unsolicited text messages from a recognized phone number or of spam texts from an unknown sender can be quite inconvenient. As an alternative to deleting texts from your iPhone, you should learn how to block these text messages in order to make your iPhone more silent and to make you feel less interrupted. To understand how to ban text messages on your iPhone, continue reading this article.
Method 1: Block text messages on iPhone via Messages App
The first step is to open the ” Messages ” application on your iPhone. Step 2: Select the message from the contact from the drop-down menu. Then, in the top right-hand corner, click on the I button to bring up a menu. Step 3: Select the contact’s name from the drop-down menu. Step 4: Select ” Block this Caller ” from the drop-down menu, and then click ” Block contact ” to confirm your selection. You will be able to block not just text messages from the contacts, but also phone calls and FaceTime from him/her as a result of this action.
Method 2: Block text messages on iPhone via Settings App
Step 1: Go to ” Settings ” and then to ” Messages ” to get started. Step 2: Select ” Blocked ” from the drop-down menu. Afterwards, you’ll see a list of the numbers that you’ve entered into the block list. Step 3: Scroll down to the bottom of the page and then select “Add New.” Step 4: Select the people from whom you do not wish to receive text messages. For example, after clicking ” Blocked ” in step 2, tap on ” Edit ” on the screen to choose the phone number or contact you wish to unblock. Then click on ” Unblock ” next to the phone number or contact you want to unblock.
Part 2: How to block text message from unknown numbers on iPhone
Unknown phone numbers are responsible for the vast majority of spam texts you get. It is vital to block text messages from unknown numbers if you do not want to be bothered by their calls or texts.
Method 1: Block text messages from unknown numbers by filtering unknown senders
Step 1: Open the ” Settings ” App on your iPhone and choose ” Messages ” from the drop-down menu. Step 2: Enable the ” Filter Unknown Senders ” feature. Using this method, you won’t have to worry about losing crucial messages from unknown phone numbers since you will still get the messages (which will be placed on a separate list), but you will not be told that they have been received.
Method 2: Block text messages from unknown numbers by reporting spam iMessages
If you have enabled iMessages on your iPhone and wish to prevent undesired iMessages in order to free up some storage space on your device, follow these steps. When you receive a message from an unknown number, you may click on ” Report Junk ” to transmit the information and message to Apple through the Internet. Alternatively, you may snap a screenshot of the message on your iPhone, together with the sender’s email address and the date and time you got the message, and submit these to Apple ().
After Apple has handled with the information, you will no longer receive any unsolicited iMessages from that phone number in the future.