Go to Photos and select the photo you want. Tap Edit, then tap the Markup button. Tap the Add button to add text, shapes, and more. Tap Done, then tap Done again.
How do you add text to photo?
- Add text to your photo book by following these steps: With your photo book open, select a page with a text box. Click the text box, and then type some text. To change the text in places where iPhoto has already added text, such as on the cover, select the existing text in the text box, and then type your own text.
- 1 How do I put text onto a picture?
- 2 Can you add captions to iPhone pictures?
- 3 Can we edit text in image?
- 4 How can I add text to a picture for free?
- 5 How do you add descriptions to Photos on iPhone?
- 6 How do you add a description to a photo?
- 7 How do I edit words in a picture?
- 8 How do I edit text in a screenshot?
- 9 How to Add Text to a Photo on an iPhone
- 10 About This Article
- 11 Is this article up to date?
- 12 How to access the Markup editor in the Photos app on iPhone and iPad
- 13 How to draw on your photos with the Markup editor in the Photos app on iPhone and iPad
- 14 How to make a callout in the Markup editor in the Photos app on iPhone and iPad
- 15 How to add text to a photo in the Markup editor in the Photos app on iPhone and iPad
- 16 How to undo or redo a move in the Markup editor in the Photos app on iPhone and iPad
- 17 Questions?
- 18 How to Add Text to Photos on iPhone & iPad with Markup
- 19 How to Add Text to a Picture on iPhoneiPad with Markup
- 20 Adding Text to Photos on Your iPhone and iPad
- 21 Using Markup on your iPhone or iPad
- 22 Best Apps for Adding Text to Photos
- 23 Transform Your New Photos Into a Story
- 24 Add Captions and Notes to Your Photos With These Simple Tools
- 25 Add Text to Photos on iPhone Using the Photos App
- 26 Add Text to Photos on Android Using Google Photos
- 27 How to Use Photoshop Express for iOS and Android
- 28 Add Text to Pictures on Mac Using Apple Photos
- 29 Microsoft Photos and Microsoft Paint for Windows
- 30 Best iPhone Apps For Adding Text to Photos in 2021
- 31 1. Canva
- 32 2. Typorama
- 33 3. Word Swag
- 34 4. Over EditAdd Text to Photos
- 35 5. Photo Editor
- 36 6. Hype-Type
- 37 7. Phonto
- 38 8. Typic
- 39 9. Quotes Creator – Quote Maker
- 40 10. Over: Graphic Design Maker
- 41 Wondershare Fotophire Online Support Center
- 42 Adding text to photos with the built-in Photos app on iPhone
- 43 Top 10 Best iPhone Apps for Adding Text to Photos in 2017
- 44 Best Online Platform for Adding Text to Photo in 2018
How do I put text onto a picture?
Add Text to Photos on Android Using Google Photos
- Open a photo in Google Photos.
- At the bottom of the photo, tap Edit (three horizontal lines).
- Tap the Markup icon (squiggly line). You can also select the color of text from this screen.
- Tap the Text tool and enter your desired text.
- Select Done when you’ve finished.
When the photo opens, swipe up on the photo to reveal the Add a Caption area. Tap on Add a Caption. Type in your caption using the keyboard that appears. When you’re done adding a caption, tap Done to save it.
Can we edit text in image?
Edit text in an image Edit the style and content of any Type layer. To edit text on a type layer, select the type layer in the Layers panel and select the Horizontal or Vertical Type tool in the Tools panel. Make a change to any of the settings in the options bar, such as font or text color.
How can I add text to a picture for free?
How it works
- Upload a single photo from your computer, Google Drive or Dropbox. Add a text or a logo.
- Edit your text or logo using the editing toolkit. Drag your text or logo to any place within the picture.
- Click on “Save image” and download a copy of your image with the text or logo.
How do you add descriptions to Photos on iPhone?
iOS 14: How to Add Captions to Your Photos on iPhone and iPad
- Launch the native Photos app on your iOS device.
- Tap a photo in your library that you want to add a caption to.
- Swipe upwards on the photo.
- Tap the Add a Caption field.
- Use the onscreen keyboard to add your caption.
How do you add a description to a photo?
When the picture expands, tap the Info button at the bottom; the icon looks like an “i” in a small circle. When you are on the picture’s Info screen, you should see an “Add a description” line at the top. Tap it to type in your caption information. Tap the Back button when you’re done.
How do I edit words in a picture?
On the Insert tab, in the Text group, click Text Box, click anywhere near the picture, and then type your text. To change the font or style of the text, highlight the text, right-click it, and then select the text formatting you want on the shortcut menu.
How do I edit text in a screenshot?
Ways to Edit Screenshots on Android
- Take a screenshot on your stock Android phone using the shortcut: pressing the power button and volume down button simultaneously.
- When it is captured, you will see three options- Edit, Delete and Share.
- Tap on Edit and it will take you to Google Photos editor.
How to Add Text to a Photo on an iPhone
- 1Go to the Photos app on your iPhone. An image of a colorful pinwheel in a white box depicts the Photos symbol. It will appear on your Home screen
- 2open the photo that you wish to alter in Lightroom. Photos from your Albums, Moments, Memories, and iCloud Photo Sharing collections may be opened. Advertisement
- s3 Select Edit from the drop-down menu. Four sliders are visible on the toolbar at the bottom of your screen when you click on this button. To learn more, use the More button. This button appears as three dots inside a circle in the bottom right corner of your screen
- Click it to activate it. 5 TapMarkup. On the pop-up menu, this is the icon for the toolbox. This will open the Markup editor and allow you to alter your photo.
- Alternatively, press More and move the Markup switch to the On position if you do not see Markup. The switch should be turned to the green position.
- 1Click on the Text button. This is represented by the T icon contained within a box on the toolbar at the bottom of your screen. With this button, you may add a textbox to your photo, which will contain some dummy text. 2Press the text twice with your finger. This will allow you to change and replace the dummy text that has been placed in the textbox. 3Enter your text into your computer using your keyboard
- 4Press the Donebutton, which is located above your keyboard. This is a separate button than the Done button, which is located in the top-right corner of the screen. Choosing a color for your text is step five. The color of your text may be changed by selecting a color from the color palette at the bottom of your screen. 6Press the AAnext to the color pallet to activate it. This button will allow you to change the font, text size, and positioning of your text
- 7Choose a font style. You have a choice of three fonts: Helvetica, Georgia, and Noteworthy. 8Adjust the font size of your content. Text size may be changed by dragging the slider to the right for larger text or to the left for smaller text. 9Choose a text alignment for your document. At the bottom of the pop-up menu, there is an alignment button to select. You have the option of aligning to the left, center, justified, or right. 10Press the AAbutton one more. This will bring the pop-up window to a close. 11Select the text and drag it. You have the ability to move it around the image. Do not forget to double-tap Donein the top-right corner of your screen and Doneagain in the bottom-right corner of your screen. This will save the text you’ve written to your photo. Advertisement
Create a new question
- QuestionIs it possible to add captions to images taken with my iPhone? Owner and operator of Pleasure Point Computers in Santa Cruz, California, Luigi Oppido has been in the computer industry for almost 20 years. Over the course of his career, Luigi has gained extensive knowledge in regular computer repair as well as data recovery, virus eradication, and system upgrades. He has also been the host of the Computer Man Show!, which has been carried on KSQD, a station serving central California, for more than two years. Answer from a ComputerTechnology SpecialistExpert If you want to add text or markings to your image, you may do so with the Markup editor included into your iPhone. Question What is the best way to delete text from a saved picture? Owner and operator of Pleasure Point Computers in Santa Cruz, California, Luigi Oppido has been in the computer industry for almost 20 years. Over the course of his career, Luigi has gained extensive knowledge in regular computer repair as well as data recovery, virus eradication, and system upgrades. He has also been the host of the Computer Man Show!, which has been carried on KSQD, a station serving central California, for more than two years. Answer from a ComputerTechnology SpecialistExpert Yes, you may make changes to the original photo at any time, even after it has been sent to someone else. If you save your modifications in a copy of the photo, you will not be able to alter it afterwards. Question What if the letter “T” does not appear at the bottom of my screen? For example, if you want to add text to a photo, simply place the photo in the text and then click after the photo and input your message
- Question What is the best way to turn the text? Apply pressure to the two blue dots on either side of the text box, then hold your fingers down while rotating the box in the direction you want it to go.
Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. SubmitAdvertisement
About This Article
The writers of this page have together authored a page that has been read 168,416 times.
Is this article up to date?
Apple debuted a Markup editor in the Photos app a few iOS versions ago, and it has since been widely available. In the Photographs app on both iPhone and iPad, you can use the Markup editor to draw on photos and highlight certain areas with callouts, as well as add text for interesting captions and other effects. The following steps will show you how to get the most out of the Markup editor in the Photos app without ever having to download a third-party program!
How to access the Markup editor in the Photos app on iPhone and iPad
Though you may draw on images and videos within Messages for spontaneous fun, you can also get a more comprehensive Markup editor from within the Photos app on your iPhone. (Unfortunately, the tools are only accessible for photos at this time; there are no video editing capabilities available.)
- Photos will be launched from your home screen. Then, in the lower-left corner of the screen, tap thePhotostab button. Choose the photo that you wish to alter
- Image courtesy of iMore
- Press the More(.) button to learn more. Source: iMore
- Source: TapMarkup
Photographs will now be able to include drawings, callouts, and text.
How to draw on your photos with the Markup editor in the Photos app on iPhone and iPad
Once you’ve gotten inside the Markup editor, the real fun can begin.
- Select your favourite drawing tool from the drop-down menu at the bottom. A pen, a highlighter, and a pencil are among the tools at your disposal. Aside from that, there is aneraser. To select a color for your drawing tool (excluding the eraser), tap thecolor pickercircle to the right. Start doodling on your photograph
- More information may be found at iMore.
How to change the thickness of your drawing tool in the Markup editor in the Photos app on iPhone and iPad
Do you prefer a narrower or thicker line? Here’s how to go about it in the proper manner.
- If you haven’t already, select your favourite drawing tool from the drop-down menu at the bottom. To bring up the sizes for that tool, tap on your drawing tool once again. Choose the thickness of your paintbrush as well as the color opacity of your paint
- More information may be found at iMore.
How to make a callout in the Markup editor in the Photos app on iPhone and iPad
If you want to draw attention to a particular area of your photograph, you may use a callout. Here’s how to do it!
- While in Markup mode, press the plus (+) button, which is situated in the bottom right corner of the screen. SelectMagnifier
- To draw attention to any part of your image, simply touch and drag the callout. To change the size of the callout circle, tap and drag the blue dot that runs beside it. Using your finger, tap and move the green dot around the callout circle to modify the magnification of the callout. More information may be found at iMore. To change the color of your callout, just touch on the color you wish to use from thecolor menu at the bottom of the screen and select it. If you wish to use a color that is not conventional, there is also a color picker. More information may be found at iMore.
How to add text to a photo in the Markup editor in the Photos app on iPhone and iPad
Do you want to make a witty caption for your photo? You’re in luck, because markup allows you to add text as well.
- While in Markup mode, press the plus (+) button, which is situated in the bottom right corner of the screen. TapText
- Click and dragthe blue handlesat each end of the box to make it larger
- Touchand dragthe whole box to move it around
- More information may be found at iMore. Double-tap the text to bring it into editing mode, and then write in the text you like
- If you wish to alter the color, tap acolorat at the bottom of the screen
- If the color you want isn’t available among the basic selections, use the acolor picker. To complete, tap anywhere outside of the text area on the screen. More information may be found at iMore.
How to change the font face in the Markup editor in the Photos app on iPhone and iPad
- The Fontbutton (which has two As on it) is located in the lower-left corner of the screen. The font face may be selected by tappingHelvetica, Georgia, or Noteworthy. More information may be found at iMore.
How to change font size in the Markup editor in the Photos app on iPhone and iPad
- The Fontbutton (which has two As on it) is located in the lower-left corner of the screen. Slide the slider to the right to change the text size. More information may be found at iMore.
How to change text alignment in the Markup editor in the Photos app on iPhone and iPad
- The Fontbutton (which has two As on it) is located in the lower-left corner of the screen. To change the text alignment (left, center, right, or justified), select it from the drop-down menu that appears
- More information may be found at iMore.
How to undo or redo a move in the Markup editor in the Photos app on iPhone and iPad
The Fontbutton (which has two As on it) may be found in the lower-left corner. In the resulting menu, select the text alignment you like (left, center, right, or justified). More information is available at iMore.
Interested in learning more about the Markup editor in the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad? Please share your thoughts in the comments section! August 2020: This page has been updated. Updated to work with the most recent versions of iOS.
How to Add Text to Photos on iPhone & iPad with Markup
What if I told you that your iPhone and iPad have the ability to annotate photos? Because of the built-in Markup capability in iOS, you won’t even need to download and install a third-party program from the App Store such as Annotable or Skitch to get started. This application may be quite useful when you need to annotate screenshots, sign papers, or add a description to photographs. Even though it was initially released in iOS a few years ago, Apple has continued to improve it over time by introducing new capabilities and making small adjustments to the user interface.
Are you excited by the prospect of using this tool to draw your images and screen captures?
In this post, we’ll go through the specifics of how to add text to an image on the iPhone and iPad using the Markup application.
How to Add Text to a Picture on iPhoneiPad with Markup
On iOS devices, the Markup tool is pre-installed in the stock Photos application.
You may easily add captions to any of the photos in your photo library by simply following the procedures shown below.
- On iOS devices, the Markup tool is pre-installed in the default Photos app. To add captions to any of the photos in your photo collection, just follow the instructions outlined below.
These are pretty much the only steps you’ll need to take in order to correctly annotate your images on iOS utilizing the built-in Markup tool. This application is frequently used by users to annotate screenshots and then share them with their social network contacts. Some users also use this function to doodle and draw on photographs in iOS and ipadOS, and you can use this feature to doodle and draw on emails on the iPhone and iPad as well. Beyond the ability to describe images, Markup tool can also be used to sign PDF documents, and it even has the capability of saving multiple signatures for fast access.
- However, you can always undo the markup with a simple hit on the edit menu, so it isn’t a deal-breaker in every situation.
- However, don’t be concerned, since the App Store contains several third-party annotation applications for both the iPhone and iPad, including Annotate, Skitch, LiquidText, and PDF Viewer, to name a few.
- Did you have a good time using Markup on your iPhone and iPad to add captions to your photos?
- Do you want to point out some disadvantages?
Adding Text to Photos on Your iPhone and iPad
Reading Time: Approximately 10 minutes
How to add text to photos on your iPhone and iPad
Adding text to your photographs may give your photograph a distinctive edge. Using Apple Markup, you may express yourself in this manner more easily than ever before. Our step-by-step instructions will walk you through the process of utilizing Markup to add text to photographs and pictures while working with Photos with Photos, Email, or the Facebook Messenger app. Understanding that you may occasionally want more creative possibilities, we’ve also included some of our favorite third-party picture editing tools in this section of the guide.
- Incorporating Markup into Photographs
- Incorporating Markup into Email
- Incorporating Markup into Messenger
- The Best Apps for Adding Text to Photographs
You’ll be adding text to photographs in no time at all — and with no effort.
Using Markup on your iPhone or iPad
Apple’s built-in applications on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch let you to edit images by adding text, signatures, doodles, and other objects. Markup is available in the Photos app and other Apple apps. There are a plethora of imaginative alternatives. In this post, we’ll go through how to add text on iOS devices running iOS 12 and higher versions. So whether you’re seeking to utilize Markup in pictures, Markup in Mail, or Markup in Messenger, our straightforward step-by-step guidelines will walk you through the process step by step.
Using Markup Editor with the Photos App
1. Open the Photos application. To access the Photos app, simply tap on its icon on your home screen. To see all of your photographs, go to the Photos tab in the lower left corner of your screen and choose all of them. You may also browse through albums if you choose. 2. Choose the photo that you wish to use. Have you found the image you were looking for? To open it, simply tap on it. 3. Select the Edit option from the drop-down menu. To access the More option, go to the top-right corner of the screen and select Edit, then More (the three dots).
- Tap the Plus button (+ symbol in a circle) located at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Select Text from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your textEnter any additional text you’d like to include.
- Make it your own To change the color of your text, just select it from the Color drop-down option.
7. Press the Done button twice. After you’ve finished, click Done in the upper right corner of the screen. You can now see the text you’ve added to your image in your Photos app, which you can access by tapping on it.
Using Markup Editor with the Mail App
1. Open the Mail application. If you wish to transmit a photo that has been modified, you can do so within the Mail application. To open it, simply tap on its symbol. 2. Begin crafting an email message. Alternatively, press the pen on paper logo in the bottom right corner to begin a new email conversation with someone who has already seen your message. 3. Select Insert Photo from the drop-down menu within the body of your email. Tapping anywhere inside the body of your email will bring up a pop-up menu with a variety of alternatives.
- If you are unable to view this, you may access further options by tapping the icon of a little triangle in a box.
- Choose the photo that you wish to alter.
- The photo (or PDF file) that you wish to attach to the email and modify is selected, and then the Choose button is pressed.
- Double-click the attachment to launch Markup.
- To access the Plus button (the + sign in a circle), go to the bottom-right corner of the screen and tap it.
- Make a selection Text to include any writing of your choosing.
Write your content in the seventh position.
Alternatively, if you choose Signature (and do not wish to include any further text), proceed to step 9.
Make it your own To change the color of your text, just select it from the Color drop-down option.
After you’ve finished, click Done in the upper right corner of the screen.
Using Markup Editor with the Messenger App
1. Open the Messages application. To send a recently altered photo to someone by SMS or iMessage, choose the Messages app icon from the Messages menu. Step 2: Decide who you want to email the picture to. You may either open an existing chat thread or create a new one by tapping on the pen on paper symbol on the right. 3. Select the Photos application icon. To choose a photo, choose it by tapping the Photos icon. Once you’ve located the image you want, press it to make it your selection. 4. Select the photo from the message and tap it.
- Markup this photo by tapping it here and then tapping Markup.
- Select what you’d like to include by pressing the Plus button.
- This will provide you with a list of possible actions.
- Selecting the aA button will allow you to modify the font face, font size, and/or text alignment (next to the Plus button).
8. Select Save and then Done. Save your work when you’ve done it, and then click Done (top right corner). 9. Send a message To send your design, click on the blue up-arrow logo on the right.
Best Apps for Adding Text to Photos
Markup is a terrific method to quickly add simple text to your photographs without having to download an app to do so. But, you may desire something extra to go even more imaginative. Benefits of an app may include:
- Markup has more fonts and functionality than HTML
- Various applications provide stickers and animations
- These are available for purchase. In contrast to Markup, gradients and other effects may be applied to text through the use of applications, allowing it to stand out more clearly.
The following applications have been selected for their outstanding features and favorable consumer evaluations.
These applications have been selected for you based on their outstanding features and favorable customer ratings.
Phonto is a straightforward application that allows you to add text to photographs. It’s accessible for free, and there are optional add-ons to remove advertisements and purchase extra kits and packs. The program has more than 400 typefaces accessible, and you can even upload your own custom fonts to the program. It provides you with the ability to customize text size, color, gradient, stroke, shadow, rotation, kerning, spacing, and many other aspects of the text. If you’re seeking for adaptability, Phonto is the answer.
Transform Your New Photos Into a Story
After learning how to add text and several other aspects to photos, the possibilities are virtually limitless. Creating an eye-catching photobook from your unique photographs will help you tell a story about them. Start creating right away by downloading the Motif app. Let me know what you thought of this article. Based in New York City and the Catskills, I’m a natural-born storyteller. Putting tales together with photographs for safekeeping and sharing. Pete’s most recent blog entries (see all)
Add Captions and Notes to Your Photos With These Simple Tools
- Mobile devices: On an iPhone, use the Markuptool in the Photosapp to create a markup document. If you’re using an Android device, you can utilize the Texttool in Google Photos. On a Mac, open the Photosapp and choose a photo from your computer. Select the EditMoreMarkupTexticon (T) from the drop-down menu. On Windows 10: Select the image and open it in the Photos app. SelectEditCreateEdit with Paint 3DText
- SelectEditCreateEdit with Paint 3DText
On Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android, this article will show you how to add text to a photo using the Text tool. The information is applicable to iOS 13, iOS 12, and iOS 11; Android 8 and 7; macOS Catalina (10.15) to macOS Sierra (10.13); and Windows 10, 8, and 7 (with the latest updates).
Add Text to Photos on iPhone Using the Photos App
If you have an iPhone with iOS 11 or later, you may add text to an image by following these instructions.
- Open the Photosapp and choose a picture to work with. In the upper-left corner, choose Edit
- Toggle theMenuicon (three horizontal dots) in the upper-right corner to the off position. Markup may be found in the pop-up menu. To add text, click on the addition sign (+) in the tools section at the bottom of the Markup screen. A pen, a highlighter, and a pencil are all available as options. Text can be found in the pop-up menu. An picture with a text box emerges on the screen. By touching and dragging it, you may move it around or resize it as needed. Click and hold on theFonticon (big and smallAinside circle) to change the font of the text. A floating navigation bar will appear when you tap the text field. Click onEdit to make changes to the text, and then write in the text you wish to include in the image
Add Text to Photos on Android Using Google Photos
Google Photos includes a similar tool for adding text to photos: Google Photos Text Editor.
- Open a photo in Google Photos and click on it. Towards the bottom of the photo, select Edit (three horizontal lines). Select the Markupicon from the drop-down menu (squiggly line). In addition, you may change the color of the text from this screen. Select theTexttool and type in the text you want to use
- You should selectDone after you’re finished
How to Use Photoshop Express for iOS and Android
Launch Google Photos and select a photo. A three-line edit menu will appear at the bottom of the photo. The Markupicon should be tapped to begin (squiggly line). From this page, you may also change the color of the text. Input your chosen text into theTexttool by tapping it. When you’re finished, click Done.
- Open thePhotoshop Expressapp and select a photo to work with. Please double-check that you have granted the app permission to view your photographs if you do not see any when you first start the app. Five icons are located at the bottom of the screen. TheTexticon may be found and selected by swiping that toolbar to the left. You may now swipe through an assortment of text boxes in a variety of forms and designs
- To add a text box to your photo, choose a text style from the drop-down menu. To move the box around on the image, tap and hold it. The text may be changed by clicking on the editing icon (paper with pencil) in the upper-left corner of the text box. To make further changes, selectFont,Color,Stroke, orAlignmentfrom the drop-down menu at the bottom of the screen. To validate the changes to the picture, use the Back button in the upper-left corner of the screen and then Save.
Add Text to Pictures on Mac Using Apple Photos
If you have a Mac, you may also add text to photographs using the Apple Photos application. The Markup tool is used in the same way as it is on the iPhone.
- Open the Photosapp on your Mac and choose an image to view it in full-screen mode
- At the top of the screen, selectEdit
- Select theMoreicon (three vertical dots) in the upper-right corner of the screen, and then Markup from the drop-down menu that appears. Select theTexticon (Within a Box) option at the top of the screen to insert a box that readsTexton the picture. Move the text box around by clicking and dragging it. The Text Styleicon (an uppercaseA) may be used to modify the font style, size, and color. After making your changes, click on the Save Changes button.
Microsoft Photos and Microsoft Paint for Windows
Microsoft Images allows you to add text to photos taken on a Windows 10 computer. In order to utilize Microsoft Paint on a computer running Windows 8 or Windows 7, you must first install it. In Windows 10, the following features are available:
- Open the Photosapp and choose a picture to work with. Select EditCreateEdit with Paint 3D from the drop-down menu in the upper-right corner of the screen. Select Text from the drop-down menu at the top of the screen. To draw a text box, click and drag the mouse. Fill up the blanks with the wording of your choice. Make your selections from the right-hand panel for the font, size, color, and other formatting options. Menu may be found in the upper-left corner. SelectSaveorSave as
- Then click OK.
On Windows 8 and Windows 7
To add text to images in Microsoft Paint on Windows 8 and 7, follow these steps:
- Open a picture in Microsoft Paint by clicking on it. Using the toolbar, selectA, and then choose the photo
- Click and drag to create a text box
- TheTextoption will appear in the menu when you’ve finished drawing it. You may customize the font, background, and colors in this section. Fill up the blanks with the wording you want.
Thank you for informing us about this!
Best iPhone Apps For Adding Text to Photos in 2021
We all live in a digital age, and taking photographs and uploading them to social media platforms has become second nature to us. Taking and publishing Instagram-worthy photos is something I like doing, but I frequently wish for them to have a distinct style of their own. My images have text and captions added to them in order to give them a distinct personality.
However, using high-end photo editing programs to add text to my photographs gets more difficult. Fortunately, I came across some of the greatest iPhone applications for adding text to images, which I will share with you.
This is, without a doubt, my favorite program for creating typographic artwork. Hundreds of different template options are available on Canva, and you may personalize them to meet your specific needs and preferences. However, the feature that I appreciate the most about this software is its adaptability, which allows me to make anything and anything. Avoid limiting yourself to simply adding descriptions to your photographs; instead, use stunning layouts and themes to build your typographic visuals.
Photographs and text are transformed into gorgeous designs by Typorama, which works “magically.” You won’t need any advanced design abilities to produce visually appealing photographs with text overlayed on top of them. This software does not have any pre-defined templates; instead, it produces styles that it believes would look excellent. When compared to professional and high-end software and apps, it is far less time intensive. Price:FreeDownload
3. Word Swag
The Word Swag software transforms your images into visually appealing text postings. With this tool, you can create visually appealing Facebook and Instagram Stories or Quote postings. Non-stop templates for your social media posts and tales, as well as templates for creating blog banners and other infographics, are all available. Make sure to try them all. Price:FreeDownload
4. Over EditAdd Text to Photos
Over is also one of my favorite tools for overlaying text on top of photographs. You may use it to make your articles stand out from the crowd because it includes over 10,000 attractive layouts, images, and fonts. All that remains is for you to consider the words that you would like to link with a particular image at this point. Allow this app to propose some incredible designs that would match perfectly with your photo and text. The most appealing aspect of this app is that it requires significantly less time to use than the majority of other applications in this category.
5. Photo Editor
Choose from a broad choice of typefaces that go well with your photo and combine them to create a striking typographic image. You may resize, rotate, and modify the text on your photograph to suit your preferences. The program also allows you to generate text drop shadows, which add a layer of depth to plain text or images. Price:FreeDownload
Is it second nature to you to give your own unique spin on things? And if you’re not interested in just basic items, then this is the app for you, my buddy. Animate your text and it will generate these fantastic text animations for you to enjoy. Just one piece of advice: don’t use this app when you want your audience to be drawn in by the beauty of the photo you’re about to share. Use it just when you have a blended backdrop and you want your users to concentrate on the text rather than the background.
The Phonto software comes in useful when you want to add typefaces to your images. It features a large selection of fonts to pick from, and you can also download fonts to this app to have them available at your fingertips.
A playground for all those who have a gift with words, it would be a wonderful experience. Make your typefaces as quirky and one-of-a-kind as possible, and your words will have a feeling of distinctiveness. Price:FreeDownload
All those seeking for a professional brand-building software will find it in the Typic application. It allows you to add text to your images while maintaining a professional appearance. As a result, if you are seeking for an app with professional features and details, you should seriously consider acquiring this application. On top of being able to add text to images, you can also make memes and a variety of other graphic components. Price:$3.99Download
9. Quotes Creator – Quote Maker
Here’s a quick and easy method to share your thoughts and ideas with the rest of the world in a creative way. You may use backdrop pictures from the app or your photo collection, as well as beautiful-looking text, to create posts that will appear great when shared on social media. You may also use watermarks, logos, and QR codes to enhance the image’s visual appeal. It has an easy-to-use user interface that is intuitive to navigate. Furthermore, it has a large quotations library that contains lovely phrases about life, love, creativity, and inspiration, among other things.
Price:Free ($3.99 for the Pro version) Download
10. Over: Graphic Design Maker
This is a one-stop shop for photo and video templates that may be customized. It assists you in creating visually appealing photos with text that stand out as valuable material. Other graphic upgrades might also be used to distinguish your material from the competition. It’s ideal for anybody who wants to establish their brand, develop a consistent image, or expand their social media presence. The layouts and typefaces offered in the wide library will almost certainly provide you with ideas. Price:FreeDownload I’d want to sign off.
Please give these applications a try and report back to me on your experience.
- Apps for taking 360-degree panoramic photos and videos with your iPhone
- Best iPhone Photo Filter Apps
- Best text editors for the iPhone and iPad Create animated images on your iPhone with the Avatarify app
Please share your thoughts with me in the comments section below. Dhvanesh, the proprietor of iGeeksBlog, is a die-hard Apple fan who can’t abide even the slightest hint against the company’s goods on the internet. The editor-in-headgear chief’s he dons in order to ensure that articles meet the quality level before they are published in the journal.
Although the cameras built into the current iPhone models are capable of producing gorgeous images, adding text to the photographs you take with your iPhone may help you express yourself more effectively. Fortunately, there is a large range of applications available on the App Store that allow you to add text to your photos as well as make entertaining poster-like visuals from your photographs. Despite the large number of applications that are available, some apps simply provide more functions and are easier to use than other apps.
Consider some of the best iOS photo editing applications that will take your photographs to a whole new level.
CheckTop 10 Best Android Apps for Adding Text to Photos on Phones in 2018.
In addition to text, you can use Fotophire to enhance your photographs with bokeh effects, textures, or frames, among other more than 200 photo effects.
- Adding text to photographs using the Photos app that comes with the device
- Adding Text to Photos on Your iPhone in 2018
- Best Online Platform for Adding Text to Photos in 2018
- 10 Best iPhone Apps for Adding Text to Photos in 2018
Adding text to photos with the built-in Photos app on iPhone
iOS 10 users who have the Images app installed on their devices may add text to photos taken with their smartphones using the built-in Photos app. It is important to note that the app only provides basic functionality; thus, if you would like access to more complex capabilities, you may want to investigate some of the applications on the list below.
- Opening the Photos app by tapping on it and selecting the photo you want to modify are the first steps in adding text. Then, when you’ve chosen your photograph, select it by tapping on the Edit button at the bottom of your screen and then selecting the Markup option. Following the completion of this phase, your photo will be shown in the Markup Editor. Internet is the source of the image. Double-tap on the text box to remove the placeholder and add text to your photo once you’ve chosen Text as your photo’s background. Internet is the source of the image. As soon as you have completed typing, click Done, and then proceed to alter the text’s color, size, and alignment by selecting the Pen icon in the bottom left corner of your screen or the Font icon in the lower right corner of your screen, respectively. After you’ve made all of the necessary modifications, press the Done button once more.
Top 10 Best iPhone Apps for Adding Text to Photos in 2017
When using the iPhone’s built-in picture app, if you find it too complex to use, or if you just would want to have additional options available to you, you might consider using one of these iPhone applications for adding text to photographs.
There is no charge for this service. iOS 9 or later is required for compatibility. With this program, you will have access to all of the tools you need to quickly and easily add text to photographs without having to spend a lot of time doing so. A significant quantity of ready-to-use artwork is included with Over, which will help to make your inspiring photographs even more aesthetically appealing. In addition to an excellent variety of fonts, Over includes a large amount of ready-to-use artwork.
In case you’ve been searching for an app that allows you to edit your images in a professional manner from your iPhone, this could be the answer to your prayers.
- Take a new photo or utilize an existing photo from your photo library, and then access it from the Over application. To create a text box on your photo, select the Add Text or Add Artworks item from the toolbar. Make any changes to the font, such as increasing or decreasing its size, selecting a color, or formatting the text in any manner you desire
- Save your adjustments and then upload the photo to your social media sites to promote it.
The cost is $3.99. iOS 11 or later is required for compatibility. In terms of popularity, the fact that Typic is available on the App Store in more than 120 countries says much about the app’s widespread availability. With 165 typefaces and 500 design components, it provides users with an almost limitless supply of text and visuals to utilize in their photographs. Typic, on the other hand, provides roughly a hundred picture filters, as well as the ability for users to include logos in their photographs.
- 3.99 dollars (USD) iOS 11 or later is required for use. Typic’s widespread availability on the App Store in more than 120 countries speaks loudly about the app’s widespread appeal. It includes 165 typefaces as well as 500 design components, providing users with an almost limitless supply of text and visuals to utilize in their photographs. More than that, Typic provides approximately a hundred different picture effects, as well as the ability for users to include logos in their photographs. Those who want to use the free version of the software will have to get used to spinning advertisements at the bottom of the screen, and more experienced picture editors may find the color spectrum offered by Typic to be a little too restricted.
Price:Free iOS 9 or later is required for compatibility. It will be a pleasure for owners of social media accounts who have no prior picture editing knowledge to utilize Typorama because it offers a wealth of options that make adding text to photographs simple and straightforward. If you opt to install Typorama on your iPhone, you’ll have access to a library of stock photographs, as well as quotations that are ideally matched to the images in the collection. Despite the numerous advantages that this program provides, its users are unable to do much more with the text than simply move it about the photo frame.
- Activate the app and choose a stock photo from the library or open a photo that you have already generated in the app. Select the preset and put in your inspirational quotation or any other form of text into the text box that appears after you select the preset. Alternatively, you might rely on the general quote offered by the application. Change the text’s position, color, and opacity to your liking. Make a copy of the inspirational image you generated
Price:Free iOS 9 or later is required for compatibility. This feature-rich software is ideal for all iPhone users who want a quick and effective way to add text to images taken directly from their devices. Additionally, Phonto offers a diverse range of badges, text bubbles, and placecard designs in addition to a seemingly endless number of font options. You may simply customize the text by changing the color and size of the text, as well as adding new fonts to the app’s already extensive library.
Phonto is simple to use, and it gives its users complete creative power over the text that they add to their images, allowing them to express themselves more freely.
- Download the app from the App Store and then open the photo that you’d like to text-edit with it. Choose a shape, a badge, or a decorative typeface that you’d want to put on your photograph
- The text can be formatted in whatever way you like using the tools supplied by the program
- You should save your photo and post it on social media once you’ve finished with the editing procedure
Price:$4,99 iOS 7.0 or later is required for compatibility. iPhone users who wish to generate original material for their social network accounts will undoubtedly have a lot of fun with this app, which is free to download. Word Swag enables you to add more than one layer of text or graphics to your images, making it an ideal tool for the creation of inspiring quotations, photo captions, and even visual content for a blog or website. The program has approximately 600,000 backdrops, hundreds of phrases that you can place on your images, and a wide variety of font styles for you to choose from.
The program is straightforward to use, and navigating via its user interface (UI) is so basic that even a toddler could figure it out quickly.
- Download and install the app, and then open the photo you’d want to modify in the program. You may then choose the preset you want to use, as well as whether or not you want to use the quotation supplied by the app or your own content
- Transparency, color, size, and other formatting parameters can be used to customize the text. To get the ideal visual style for your shot, play around with different characteristics until you find one that works for you. To conclude the editing process, select Save and Close from the menu bar.
Price:Free iOS 9 or later is required for compatibility. Typography is a complicated art form, but the Font Candy app makes it appear simple by displaying almost 50 distinct aesthetic fonts in a single interface. It is possible to apply effects to text and photographs in the program, and it also has extensive text editing tools that allow you to curve text, modify opacity, and add shadows. Font Candy also provides the possibility to animate text and trim photographs to ensure that they are the correct fit for your Facebook cover photo.
The cost of removing the watermark is $0,99, but the cost of unlocking everything is $2,99 (plus tax).
- Price:Free iOS 9 or later is required for use. Typography is a difficult skill to master, but the Font Candy app makes it appear simple by displaying over 50 distinct aesthetic fonts on the screen. Text and photographs may be enhanced with filters, and text can be curled, adjusted in opacity, and shadows added with the app’s advanced text editing features. Aside from text animation and photo cropping, Font Candy also provides the chance to customize your Facebook cover photo. While the app’s download and installation are completely free, it may be necessary to make a number of in-app purchases in order to fully access the app’s features. It will cost $0,99 to remove the watermark from your photos, while $2,99 to unlock everything.
Price:Free iOS 7.0 or later is required for compatibility. This program, as its name implies, is intended to allow its users to rapidly add text to images and post them on social media networks without the need to download other software. Selecting a photo immediately from the camera roll, creating a text box on your shot, and changing the color of your text are all possible with Quick. Despite the fact that Quick is a free software, it lacks more complex capabilities compared to the majority of other free apps.
The app is ideal for folks who want to deliver a fast joke or tell a short narrative quickly.
- Go to your camera roll to choose a photo after you have downloaded and installed the Quick app. Type the text and use the slider in the app to change the color of the text
- To share the photo, simply tap on the arrow.
Price:Free iOS 10 or later is required for compatibility. The After Photo app’s nicely designed user interface will instantly win you over since it is straightforward to use and neatly structured, and it is easy to navigate. Furthermore, the program allows you to employ a variety of alternative text choices, such as Text Behind Object, Torn Text, and Broken Text, to enhance your photos. Text may also be readily edited, with the ability to choose the location of the text on your photo, rotate it, and change its color.
Despite the fact that the After Photo app is free, in-app purchases are necessary to remove the watermark and obtain access to the many packages made available by the app’s maker.
- Once the app has been downloaded and installed on your iPhone, launch it by tapping on it and then tapping on the yellow arrow situated on the right side of the screen
- To access your photo library, select the photo option from the drop-down menu that appears on the screen. Click on the edit photo option to begin adding and altering text after the photo has been shown
- Text can be added and edited. Choose the finish option, and then choose where you want to store or share your shot from the menu that appears on the left side of the screen
- When you have finished, tap on the finish option again.
Price:$1,99 iOS 6.0 or later is required for compatibility. For iPhone users who want to produce amazing images without wasting too much time, the Stickr app is the ideal alternative. Stickers are entertaining and give an artistic touch to photos, which is why it is the perfect choice for those who enjoy having fun while doing so. In all, the app has three hundred built-in stickers that are available in a variety of shapes and sizes. The program allows you to apply a scrapbook effect to your images, but applying too many stickers and filters might result in a shoddy shot, so always pay attention to how your photo appears.
The built-in assortment of stickers, on the other hand, is more than sufficient for creating unique images that your friends will appreciate.
- Upon installing the app, go ahead and choose the photo you’d want to work with
- Select the sticker that best complements the photo and input the words that you like to include in the photo
- Choose a typeface and make changes to its size, color, and opacity
- Make a copy of the snapshot and save it or post it on your Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter account.
Price:Free iOS 10 or later is required for compatibility. PicLab includes typefaces designed by some of the most talented designers of our age. This program was initially intended to be used as a picture editing app, which is why it still has some quite complex photo editing tools. Photo editing software PicLab allows you to rotate and shape text in a variety of ways, and it also provides users with access to a gallery of artwork that they can use to enhance their photographs. The Collage function allows you to merge many photographs into a single image, and the Overlays and Masks choices may be used to further improve your images.
If you want to take use of all of the capabilities offered by the PicLab app, you may need to make additional in-app payments.
- Choose a photo from your photo library after you’ve installed the application. Make any necessary adjustments to the photo and then double-click on it to add the text
- The text should be formatted and its location on the photo should be adjusted. Keep the snapshot on your computer
Best Online Platform for Adding Text to Photo in 2018
There is no charge for this service. Compatibility:Browser on PC WondersharePixStudioallows you to undertake online image editing without the need for any installation, and you can also obtain high-quality output as well as additional text writing options at no additional cost. When compared to Photoshop, this tool is far simpler to use, and you can make outstanding changes to your images even if you have no prior graphic design experience. Wondershare PixCut is the greatest picture editing toolkit online as an alternative to Photoshop other software editors.
Go toPixStudioand select the desired design in step one of the process. For example, if I was planning on posting my photo to Instagram, I may opt for Instagram Post. Step 2: Choose your beautiful template. In Step 3, you will upload your image to which you will be adding text, and then you may begin designing your image. Step 4: After you’ve created your design, you may download for free and share it to your social network instantly.
The mix of text and images may be quite successful, and it can be used to convey hilarious stories or to generate inspiring statements that encapsulate the essential values that your company represents, among other things.
It is possible to add text to images using the apps on this list, regardless of your level of expertise in photo editing. More significantly, you will be able to improve your photos and turn them into viral successes on social media using the applications on this list.