To Bold text in Discord just wrap the text you wish to bold with a pair of double **asterisks**. To italicize the text, wrap it with a pair of single *asterisks*. See it in action in the images below.
How to make small text in discord?
- Another thing that you can’t change on Discord is font size. So by default on Discord, small text is not possible, but using this generator, you can create ₛₘₐₗₗ ₜₑₓₜ that you can use in your messages! 😀 How does this work? Well, all the characters that you’re reading right now are Unicode characters.
- 1 How do you underline and bold in discord?
- 2 How do you type in bold?
- 3 How do you highlight text in discord?
- 4 How do you make fancy text in Discord?
- 5 How do I make text blue in Discord?
- 6 How do you italicize text?
- 7 What is bold computer?
- 8 How do you highlight text in Discord yellow?
- 9 How do you color your text in Discord?
- 10 Is Whitney font free?
- 11 How do I black out text in discord?
- 12 What is discord’s font?
- 13 How to Bold in Discord
- 14 How to Bold in Discord
- 15 How to Bold in Discord
- 16 How to Make Your Discord Status Bold
- 17 How to Make Text Bold in Discord on iPhone
- 18 How to Make Text Bold in Discord on Android
- 19 How to Italicize Words in Discord
- 20 How to Use Strikethrough in Discord
- 21 How to Underline Words in Discord
- 22 How to Combine Effects in Discord
- 23 How to Write Spoilers in Discord
- 24 Additional FAQs
- 25 Personalize the Discord Message
- 26 How can I make bold text in Discord chat?
- 27 Discord Text Formatting Guide: Colors, Bold, Italics, Strikethrough
- 28 From humble beginnings on Discord…
- 29 Behind the Scenes: Discord’s Text Formatting Engine
- 30 How to Format Text in Discord
- 31 Combining Text Formatting Options Even Further
- 32 How to ‘Escape’ Text and See All Your Underscores and Asterisks
- 33 Advanced Text Formatting in Discord: Writing in Color
- 33.1 Single Line Code Blocks in Discord
- 33.2 Multiple Line (Multiline) Code Blocks in Discord
- 33.3 How to Format Colored Text in Discord
- 33.4 How to Color Text RED in Discord
- 33.5 How to Color Text YELLOW in Discord
- 33.6 How to Color Text GREEN in Discord
- 33.7 How to Color Text BLUE in Discord
- 33.8 Color Formatting Takeaways
- 34 Markdown Text 101: Digging Deeper
- 35 Now It’s Your Turn
- 36 Discord Text Formatting: Bold, Color, Italic, Strikethrough
- 37 How To Bold In Discord – Easy Method – Solved 8/20/21
- 38 Discord Text Formatting – Understanding Markdown
- 39 Steps on How to Bold Discord Message
- 40 Making Your Discord Status Bold
- 41 Bolding Text in Discord Using Your iPhone
- 42 Steps on How to Bold Text in Discord Using Your Android
- 43 Steps on Italicizing Words in Discord
- 44 Steps on Using Strikethrough in Discord
- 45 Underlining Words in Discord
- 46 How to Bold and Italicize Word or Message in Discord
- 47 How to Bold Italicize and Underline Text in Discord?
- 48 Writing Spoilers in Discord
- 49 How To Bold In Discord – Final Words
- 50 How to Format Text in Discord: Font, Bold, Italicize, Strikethrough, and More
- 51 How to Bold Text in Discord
- 52 How to Italicize Text in Discord
- 53 How to Underline Text in Discord
- 54 How to Combine Different Text Formatting Options
- 55 How to Create Strikethrough Text in Discord
- 56 How to Make All Symbols Visible in Discord
- 57 How to Write Code Blocks in Discord
- 58 How to Color Text in Discord
- 59 How to Hide Text in Discord
- 60 How to Change Font in Discord
- 61 How to Create a Blockquote in Discord
- 62 Are Other Text Manipulations Possible in Discord?
- 63 How to Bold in Discord: Various Formatting Texts in Markdown
- 64 TL;DR
- 65 What is Markdown and how does it work?
- 66 How To Bold Text in Discord
- 67 Italics, underlining, strikethrough, and combinations – text formatting options available on Discord.
- 68 [New] Discord Text Formatting: Color/Bold/Italics/Strikethrough
- 69 About Discord Text Formatting
- 70 How to Format Text in Discord?
- 70.1 How to bold in discord?
- 70.2 How to Do Italics in Discord?
- 70.3 Discord Text Formatting Underline
- 70.4 How to Do Discord Strikethrough Text?
- 70.5 Discord Chat Formatting with Mixed Format
- 70.6 Discord Text Formatting Block Quotes
- 70.7 Discord Code Block Formatting
- 70.8 How to Go Done a Line in Discord?
- 70.9 Discord Formatting Color
- 70.10 Discord Text Formatting Spoiler
- 71 Discord Disable Formatting
- 72 Finally
How do you underline and bold in discord?
Discord bold and underline – How to Create Bold Underlined Text in Discord. To make text bold as well as underline it, place two asterisks (*) as well as two underscores (_) at the start and end of your desired text.
How do you type in bold?
Make text bold
- Move your pointer to the Mini toolbar above your selection and click Bold.
- Click Bold in the Font group on the Home tab.
- Type the keyboard shortcut: CTRL+B.
How do you highlight text in discord?
Discord doesn’t have a built-in text highlight function, but Highlight. js runs in the background of Discord, which enables us to add some color to our messages. Type into the textbox one backtick, and then paste your code. End the code using just one backtick.
How do you make fancy text in Discord?
To create italics or italicized text in Discord, you have to type the asterisk once again, but this time use only one asterisk. Again, the asterisk (star) is SHIFT+8 on your keyboard.
How do I make text blue in Discord?
Blue Discord Text There are two ways to turn your text color to blue in Discord. You will need to use the brackets before and after the text to turn it blue. Once you send the message, your blue text will appear in a box. You will need to use a period before your text to turn one word dark blue.
How do you italicize text?
To make text italic, select and highlight the text first. Then hold down Ctrl (the control key) on the keyboard and then press the I on the keyboard. To underline text, select and highlight the text first. Then hold down Ctrl (the control key) on the keyboard and then press the U on the keyboard.
What is bold computer?
A set of type characters that are darker and heavier than normal. A bold font implies that each character was originally designed with a heavier appearance rather than created on the fly from a normal character. See boldface attribute.
How do you highlight text in Discord yellow?
Type one line, then hit “ shift-Enter ” to create another line without actually sending the message to Discord. Type the second line, and hit shift-Enter again.
How do you color your text in Discord?
Type the second line, and hit “Shift+Enter” again. Then type the third line and hit “Enter” to send it to Discord. There are some limitations to this method. First, you have to do it for every line of text you want to colorize—you can’t just turn color on or off. 5
Is Whitney font free?
Whitney Font Family: Download Free for Desktop & Webfont.
How do I black out text in discord?
You can do this by wrapping the message in two guardrails (this thing: |). Writing || Spoiler! || in discord will trigger it, of course, “Spoiler!” is the text you want to become blacked out, and remember that the text is interchangeable with any text/emoji.
What is discord’s font?
The Uni sans font is the basic Discord font that is used all over the platform. It can be used in various different ways, and the weights range from thin to heavy.
How to Bold in Discord
Despite the fact that there are no apparent formatting tools in Discord, some users are bolding text. What methods do they use to do this? It turns out that Discord formats its messages using a reduced version of the Markdown language. Put the text you want to be bolded between two pairs of asterisks. This is how it looks: Enter the information when you’ve completed this step. Your words will be highlighted in bold. That wasn’t all that difficult, was it? Italics and other formatting options function in a similar way.
- Put text between a pair of single asterisks, such as in*italics*, to create italics. In order to make text bold, place it between two pairs of asterisks, as in**bold**
- In order to use bold italics, place the text between two sets of three asterisks, as in***bold italics***.
There are a few of other possibilities, such as underline_ and Strikethrough_, as well. You can find out more about formatting in Discord’s formatting overview, which also explains how to utilize code blocks when you want to skip formatting completely. Not only does Discord make use of Markdown, but so does Reddit, which utilizes it to format comments in particular. Check out our guide to Markdown for more information on how to grasp this text formatting method.
How to Bold in Discord
In a sea of comments, a bold comment stands out as distinct from the others. Only Discord does not offer a clearly accessible option that allows members to bold terms in their conversations. So, what are the best practices for others? Is there a difference in the stages if you’re using an iPhone or an Android device? Furthermore, is it possible to italicize words or utilize a strikethrough option in the same way as you would in Microsoft Office? If you’ve been thinking about these issues, you’ve come to the correct spot.
How to Bold in Discord
Bolding text in Discord is a handy feature if you want to attract emphasis to a particular message or phrase. It also does not necessitate the use of any sophisticated commands. Instead, users may bold text on Discord with a few easy clicks, saving them time and effort. Here’s how you go about it:
- Fill in the blanks surrounding the words you wish to bold in the chatbox by typing “**.**.” In this case, the format should be something like this: Enter “**word**” in the chatbox and press “Enter.”
Fill in the blanks surrounding the words you wish to make bold in the chatbox with “**.**.” In this case, the format should be as follows: Fill in the blanks with “**word**” and press “Enter.”
- Discord should be launched on your PC. To send a bold message to a friend or to a channel, select the recipient from the drop-down menu. Double asterisks should be written before and after the message, and then press “Enter.” You will see that the text you transmit will now be bold
The content you’ve written has been highlighted in bold. It will draw the reader’s attention and highlight your message far more effectively than plain text.
How to Make Your Discord Status Bold
Many Discord users like creating their own unique statuses and posting them on their channel. Using this feature, individuals may communicate with other Discord users about the games they’re presently playing or the mood they’re currently in. Having said that, many of them are curious as to whether it is feasible to bold or italicize the status. After all, it would be a wonderful feature to be able to further personalize your Facebook status update. Unfortunately, it is not feasible to stylize one’s status on social media.
It is not possible to utilize the same bold command to make both the status and the message bold. The situation may be avoided, though. You may make advantage of a website that automatically converts your standard text into boldface type:
- Creating unique statuses on a Discord channel is something that many users like doing. Using this feature, people may communicate with other Discord users about the games they’re presently playing or the mood in which they’re currently found. Even yet, many of them are curious as to whether or not the status may be highlighted in bold or italics. To be honest, having the ability to further personalize your status would be a wonderful feature to have. Unfortunately, it is not feasible to stylize one’s position on the internet. This command cannot be used to make the status bold since it is a different command. A workaround for this problem exists, though. If you want to add bold text in your ordinary text, you may use a website like this one:
That’s all there is to it! As you can see, even though Discord does not now enable users to bold their status updates, it is feasible to do so using another website other than Discord.
How to Make Text Bold in Discord on iPhone
Discord users with iPhones who wish to stylize their writing will be pleased to find that making it bold is not difficult. To accomplish this, follow the procedures outlined below:
- Discord will be launched on your iPhone. Select a buddy or a communication channel to which you wish to send a message
- Sending the message is not necessary
- Simply type it. Double asterisks should be placed around the message. Ideally, it should look something like this: **message**.” To send a message, simply tap the screen.
That’s all there is to it! Text transmitted from your iPhone is highlighted in yellow.
How to Make Text Bold in Discord on Android
It’s simple to make text bold on Android devices if you follow these steps.
- Open Discord on your Android smartphone and start chatting. You must first choose a channel or a user to whom you wish to send a message. Double-asterisks should be used to denote the beginning and end of the message. To send the message, simply click the button.
How to Italicize Words in Discord
Satirical messages may be conveyed through text by italicizing the words in your sentence or paragraph. Alternatively, you could wish to italicize the content to draw attention to it. But how can you accomplish this if there isn’t an option to do so in Discord? With the aid of a few characters, it’s easy to understand. What you should do is as follows:
- Discord should be launched on your PC. Choose the location where you want the italicized words to appear
- Before and after the message, include the asterisk symbol. The text should be formatted as follows: “*text.*” Press the “Enter” key.
How to Use Strikethrough in Discord
Do you want to know how to use strikethrough in Discord? Read on. You’ve undoubtedly come to the conclusion that there isn’t a button that allows you to strikethrough text with a single click by now. There is, however, an other solution:
- Activate Discord
- Compose a message to a buddy or in a channel, but do not send it
- Make a double tidal character using your pen. Tidal characters are often found behind the “Esc” button or to the left of the “F1″ button on most keyboards. The message should look somewhat like this: text.”
How to Underline Words in Discord
Do you wish to highlight specific words in Discord? If this is the case, take the actions outlined below:
- Discord should be opened. Without sending the message, write it down. Before and after the text, type two underscore letters before and after the text. It has to look something like this “_text_.”
The text will now be highlighted in order to emphasize its importance.
How to Combine Effects in Discord
Now that you’ve learned how to bold and italicize text, as well as how to utilize the strikethrough feature, you’re probably wondering if it’s feasible to combine these effects. Check out the list below to see what kinds of combos Discord members can come up with.
Bold Italicized Text
Now that you’ve learned how to bold, italicize, and strikethrough text, you’re probably wondering if it’s feasible to combine these effects. View the list below to see what kinds of combinations Discord members can come up with.
- Following completion of the message, type the three asterisks before and after it. The message will be formatted as follows: “***message***.”
Bold Italicized Underlined Text
Do you want to produce a text that is bold, italicized, and underlined by combining three distinct styles of text? This is how it is accomplished:
- Send a message to a friend or post a message on the channel. Two underscores and three asterisks should be written on either side of the text. The message should be formatted as follows: “_***text_***.”
How to Write Spoilers in Discord
If you’re about to censor something, it’s critical that you write spoilers in Discord beforehand. It is feasible to do so regardless of whether you are using Discord on a computer or a smartphone. To learn how to write spoilers in Discord, follow the procedures outlined below:
- Open Discord on your computer or mobile device
- Choose a buddy to whom you want to send a message
- And type your message. Alternatively, you may touch on the channel where you wish to leave a message and type your message. To keep the message hidden from other users until they wish to view it, type the double pipes before and after the text (Shift+). Alternatively, type the double pipes after the text (Shift+). As an example, here’s how it should look: “[text|text].”
This will inform Discord that a message includes spoilers and that it should be hidden from view. Alternatively, it is possible to write spoilers in the form of the following:
- Because the message includes spoilers, this will inform Discord that a message has to be hidden. For another option, spoilers might be written in the form of the following:
This will inform Discord that a message contains spoilers and that it should be hidden. Alternatively, spoilers can be written in the following format:
Is there anything more you’d like to know about stylizing Discord messages that we haven’t already addressed? Then proceed to the next section to learn more about it.
How Do You Make Text Bold and Underlined in Discord?
We’ve already covered how to make text bold, how to italicize it, and how to utilize strikethrough in the earlier sections of this guide. You’ve also learnt how to mix the many functions you’ve studied. But what is the best way to make the text bold and underlined?
Follow this simple procedure: Discord should be open on your device. Fill in the blanks with your message but don’t press the send button. Before and after the text, type two underscores and two asterisks to separate them. Consider this example of how the text should appear as “text.”
How Do You Make Text Look Different in Discord?
There are a variety of options for customizing the appearance of text in Discord. Users can utilize the keyboard features to make text bold, italicize it, underline it, or strikethrough it if they like. Furthermore, it is possible to mix these options in order to generate a more personalized statement. Finally, it is even possible to include spoilers in messages such that other Discord users will not be able to read them unless they specifically want to do so.
Personalize the Discord Message
Despite the fact that Discord does not have any apparent features that allow users to modify their content, they may nevertheless do so by employing a few methods. You now understand how to make text bold or italicized in order to draw attention to a particular message. If you’ve made a mistake, you may also underline the text or use strikethrough to indicate that. Furthermore, you may mix the functionalities to produce a message that will stand out from the crowd. And last, understand how to write spoilers to prevent enraging other users by posting them in the wrong place.
Were there any issues that you ran into?
Please share your thoughts and experiences in the comments box below; the rest of the community would appreciate hearing from you.
How can I make bold text in Discord chat?
Using bold font on Discord will help your thoughts stand out more in the crowd. Discord’s chat messages, status messages, server names, channel names, and usernames are all examples of where strong text might be used. While using markdown syntax is the quickest and most straightforward method of making chat text bold on Discord, it is not the only one. You may also produce many various types of unicodebold text in addition to markdown, which will allow you to style bold text on Discord in a variety of ways.
Warning: While most users will have no trouble viewing strong text created with unicode, the text style may not appear properly on earlier versions of Android.
Instead of the unicode strong letters, users who are unable to view them will see their system’s default replacement character (which is typically represented by an empty square, a square with an X in it, or a question mark).
Bold in chat (using markdown)
- On Discord, you may utilize bold language to draw attention to your message. This post describes how to make text bold in a number of various locations in Discord, including chat messages, status messages, server names, channel names, and usernames, among other places. However, while using markdown syntax is the quickest and most straightforward method of making chat text bold on Discord, it is not the only one. You may also produce many various types of unicodebold text in addition to markdown, which will allow you to style bold text on Discord in a variety of different ways. Both markdown and YayText’s bold text generator will be demonstrated in this guide, which will teach you both how to use markdown and how to utilize the bold text generator. A small disclaimer: while most users will have no trouble reading strong text created with unicode, the text style may not appear properly on earlier versions of Android. Instead of the unicode strong letters, users who are unable to view them will see their system’s default replacement character (which is often displayed as an empty square, a square with an X within it, or a question mark).
Bold in chat (using unicode)
- Step 1: Compose your blog article. Simply type your words in the manner in which you would typically do so. Don’t press the “publish” button just yet. Step 2: Obtain your bold text information. Then, in the “Your Text” area of YayText’s bold text generator, type in the text you wish to style. Then, next to the bold style you wish to use, select it and click the “copy” option. The stylized text you created has been copied to the clipboard. Step 3: Replace the wording in your post with anything else. Using your Discord chat message, paste the bold language that you copied from the previous step
- Step 4: You’ve completed your task. You accomplished it! Give yourself a high five! Your Discord message has now been formatted with bold text
- Please keep in mind that you can use numerous bold styles. The bold styles available in YayText can be used in several chat messages at the same time. For example, you can alternate between serif, sans-serif, and bold italic styles one after the other
Bold channel names
- Step one is to create your bold text. Locate and click on YayText’s bold text tool, then input the channel name you wish to use into the “Your Text” section. To copy a text style, select it and then click the “copy” button next to it. The stylized text you created has now been copied to the clipboard. The bold with italics styles appear to stand out more prominently in Discord channel names than the plain bold variants. As a result, in this example, we’ll choose a style that is both bold and italicized)
- Step 2: Make a list of all of the things you want to do. Create a new channel on your website (or edit an existing one) Discord is where you will put the text you copied in the previous step into the channel name area when creating a new channel (or editing an existing one). Step 3: Click on the Save button. You’ve completed your task. Save your new channel and have a look at how your newly styled channel name appears in the channel list of your Discord server to see how well it works. Please keep in mind that there are many different text styles available on YayText. The text styles offered on YayText range from serious to crazy and include everything in between. Explore the different font styles available on YayText by navigating around the site. Alternatively, you could want something a bit less daring and a little more subtle. something very different
Discord Text Formatting Guide: Colors, Bold, Italics, Strikethrough
This page was last updated on August 16, 2019. We’ve included an extra “Markdown Text 101” section with three excellent resources to help you expand your Markdown knowledge even further. A new section on chat formatting while using international keyboard layouts has also been added to the site. This guide has been updated to include various “quality of life” improvements.
From humble beginnings on Discord…
When I initially joined a Discord channel, I was a complete noob. I had no idea what I was doing. Underlines, bolded letters, strikethrough text, italics, and even colors were being typed in by the thousands!
“How in the world do people type in different colors?!?” I wondered to myself. I attempted to enter “/bold hey people!” however, as you can see, that did not work. It just served to highlight the fact that I had absolutely no idea what I was doing.
YouCan Learn Awesome Discord Formatting
In the event that you’re reading this, you’ve undoubtedly been that guy or gal (or you’re attempting to prevent all of the disappointment by being a Discord formatting expert!) DISCORD FORMATTING GUIDELINES IN PDF FORMAT: You may get a PDF version of this tutorial that can be read on your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or any other electronic device by clicking here. In any case, I’m going to teach you how to type out virtually every single format that Discord has to provide today. Discord’s formatting engine (MarkdownHighlight.js), as well as fundamental formatting commands (bolding, underlining, etc.), will be covered in detail.
Save This Page as a Reference
Once you’ve mastered the fundamentals, Discord’s formatting isn’t that difficult. Even if you’re still learning the commands, it’s a good idea to have this page open for reference while you’re learning them (or bookmarked). Anyway, enough chit-chat — let’s get to work formatting!
Behind the Scenes: Discord’s Text Formatting Engine
While we’re talking away on Discord day after day, a beautiful, lightweight engine is working in the background, formatting all of the text we’re typing. Markdown is the name of this “engine.”
The Rundown on Markdown
Markdown, which was first developed in 2004 by John Gruber and Aaron Swartz, is a markup language that is intended to be lightweight and easy to read and write. It is entirely text-based and makes use of strategically placed symbols to format words in bold, italicized, underlined, and other ways. Despite the fact that it is most typically used to format readme files, forum conversations, and to convert plain text into rich text in simple text editors, Discord’s developers saw its potential and included it into the main program.
Highlight.js Makes Color Possible
Before we get started with markdown, I wanted to point you another useful function that the Discord devs implemented. It’s a library by the name of Highlight.js. Now, I’d like to make it obvious that Discord does not support genuine full-text highlighting in its current form. “I want this word to be in red, and this one to be in blue!” is not an acceptable response. There is no such thing as highlighting in HTML. What does exist, however, for the sake of text coloring, is a “hacked” version of text highlighting that makes use of syntax coloring techniques from the highlight.js library.
Instead, we can build a code block in discord and redirect it towards a specific syntax highlighting profile contained in highlight.js.
Remember This Going Forward
You don’t have to worry about remembering all of the minor things.
Discord utilizes Markdown for text formatting and Highlight.js for code block highlighting. That’s about all you need to know for the time being, anyhow. In the next part, I’ll teach you how to make use of these formatting possibilities to your benefit.
How to Format Text in Discord
And now comes the exciting part. As a starting point, I’ll teach you how to bold, italicize, underline, and strikethrough text using the Microsoft Word formatting tools. We’ll start with the fundamentals and work our way up to constructing code blocks for text coloring later on.
How to Bold Text in Discord
When using discord, all you have to do to produce bolded text is start and end the bolded text with two asterisks (*). The asterisk isSHIFT+8on your keyboard. Consider the image below, where you’ll note that I placed two asterisks, or stars, in front of and behind the text that I intended to be in bold. Here’s what I wrote and the outcome it produced: Here’s an example of **bolded text**
How to Italicize Text (Create Slanted Italics) in Discord
Italics or italicized text may be created in Discord by typing the asterisk symbol once more, but this time with only one asterisk. To make text bold, we utilized two asterisks, as shown below: **Italicized text** For italics, we would perform the same thing as above, but with a single asterisk instead of two: *The text has been italicized* The asterisk (star) key combination is SHIFT+8 on your keyboard once more. I typed the following into my computer in order to obtain the result displayed in the image below: Take a look at this example of italicized text:
How to Create Bold Italicized Text in Discord (Bold + Italics)
You could have guessed what the markdown for Bold + Italics was by this point, right? Instead of only one or two asterisks, there are three asterisks in total. As an illustration, below is an example of ***bold italicized text***
How to Underline Text in Discord
To make our text seem underlined, we must use two underscores (_) in the text. Because this is intended to be a comprehensive tutorial, I’ve included the following keyboard layout for an underscore (in case you’re reading this and have never had to write an underscore before!): I entered the following to obtain the result shown below: As an illustration, here is an example of _underlined text_
How to Create Strikethrough Text in Discord
To strikethrough text, we must utilize the tilde () key on our keyboard. Two tildes are used to delete, or’strike through,’ the text you are typing. The following is the keyboard layout (with the yellow highlighted keys) for entering a tilde character. It is necessary to press SHIFT +. Here’s what I entered in the text box below: Here’s an example of text that has been crossed out.
Formatting on International Keyboard Layouts
Using the tilde () key will allow us to strikethrough text. It is possible to strike through text using two tildes, which is equivalent to crossing it out with two tildes. A tilde may be typed using the following keyboard layout (highlighted in yellow). You must press SHIFT + in order to complete the operation. I typed the following in my notebook: Take a look at this sample of text that has been crossed out.
Combining Text Formatting Options Even Further
We may also use the underline to create bold, italicized, and bold+italicized text. Here’s an illustration:
Underlined and Italicized Text
Text that has been underlined and italicized
Underlined and Bolded Text
Text that has been underlined and bolded
Underlined, Italicized, and Bolded Text
Text that has been underlined, italicized, and bolded***
How to ‘Escape’ Text and See All Your Underscores and Asterisks
For situations when you actually want to see your underscores or asterisks in a message (such as in an emoji, for example), you may use the backslash ” key to skip markdown processing and display the content as-is. Observe the sample below (note the backslashes ‘| at the beginning of each character) for more information. Extra backslashes are required in this case due to the presence of underscores within my message. *** I want this to be displayed in all of its splendor!
*** However, you should keep in mind that the backslashes at the end aren’t necessary if you have them all in the beginning: If I didn’t have any underscores, I could just use a single backslash “: **Please note that there are no underscores in this message!**
That Concludes Basic Formatting
That’s all there is to it when it comes to basic formatting. It’s really straightforward, and you should be able to figure it out after a few messages. There are only three keys that you need to remember: the underscoring symbol (), the asterisk (), and the backslash.
Advanced Text Formatting in Discord: Writing in Color
After that, it’s time for the exciting part: formatting our discord messages in color! Once you begin to receive some eye-catching messages in the channels that you frequent, you will begin to receive inquiries as to how you are accomplishing this. We’ll start with the fundamentals (code blocks), and then we’ll get straight into coloring your messages! Let’s get this party started!
Single Line Code Blocks in Discord
The ‘tick’ or ‘backtick’ character (‘) is required in order to generate a single line code block in discord. Because this key might be difficult to locate if you’ve never had to use it before (at least up to this point), I’ve included a lovely highlighted keyboard layout diagram in the following section: You should be able to find the tick or backtick symbol in the top left corner of your keyboard, just below the escape (ESC) button. Let’s build a code block with a single line of code to get you acquainted with the ‘backtick’ key.
Here’s what I typed for the example in the next paragraph: A single-line code block is an illustration of what I’m talking about.
Multiple Line (Multiline) Code Blocks in Discord
Multi-line code blocks, like single-line code blocks, make use of the backtick (“‘) character to indicate the end of a line of code. With the exception of the fact that, instead of putting a single backtick (‘), you must write three (“‘) before and after your content, there is no difference. This is particularly useful since you can press enter and have your text spaced across numerous lines, with everything formatted in a single multi-line code block. The markdown for the sample below is as follows: For my code blocks, I’m trying out several new things, such as: “Experimenting with.
Please note that we have all of our text in a code block, but this time it is broken out into numerous lines, precisely as we desired in the previous image.
How to Format Colored Text in Discord
And now comes the moment we’ve all been looking forward to. Text in Different Colors! I looked all over the internet for a decent example of some colored text formatting in Discord, but couldn’t come up with anything that was apparent to me. It was possible to find a few examples, but they were all rather ambiguous. I couldn’t locate a single tutorial that properly explained how to style your text if you wanted it to be a specific color, which was frustrating.
We’re Essentially Hacking Syntax Highlighting
According to what I indicated in the introduction, what we’re going to be doing here is ‘hacking’ or ‘hijacking’ the syntax highlighting that is provided by Highlight.js, which is operating in the background of Discord.
We had to do this since, as of the time of writing, Discord does not have built-in text highlighting tools available. So we’ll need to devise a tiny workaround, but as long as it works, that’s all that matters.
Here’s How Text Coloring in Discord Works
Due to the fact that we will be relying on a workaround based on Highlight.js, here is how it will function. Making multiline code blocks with three backticks and setting the syntax highlighting language will be our method of choice for this exercise. Including the highlighted programming language reference at the beginning of the multiline code block will allow us to accomplish this goal effectively. For example, consider the following. As the syntax highlighting language, we are specifying ‘Apache’ in the following way: “`apache It is necessary to provide some text here.
I attempted to incorporate the most of the colors you’d expect to see in the image below, as well as the variances between the various language references.
Limitations to this Text Coloring Method
This approach does have certain limitations, which are (sadly) not insurmountable. When using some syntax highlighting languages (not all! ), the most common restriction is that your content must be linked in a single word. This implies that you will be unable to type: This is a sentence. You’ll have to input either this is a sentence or thisisasentence in order to complete the sentence. What is the reason behind this? We’re basically attempting to trick the multiline code block into thinking that our Discord messages are real programming code, which is why we’re utilizing syntax highlighting to highlight our Discord messages in the first place.
This works particularly well in code comments and strings, for example.
Look attentively and you’ll see that I did add certain variables and noted that you are not permitted to use spaces if you prefer to utilize those formatting techniques.
Now that’s done, I’ll shut up and get down to business with the drawing.
How to Color Text RED in Discord
Include the dashes (-) before the line where you wish the red colored text to be shown. Difference – Here’s some red colored writing! “‘DIFFERENT –
CSS Syntax Highlighting for Orange (Red-Orange)
Brackets should be used around the words that you wish to be highlighted. “`css“`
How to Color Text YELLOW in Discord
Everything you input in Fix is automatically highlighted in yellow! This is a simple and effective method of displaying yellow text. “`fix Fix has everything illuminated with yellow – no matter how long the queue is!
Apache Syntax Highlighting for Yellow (Limitation: NO SPACES)
To highlight your content in yellow in Apache syntax, include a percentage sign and right curly brace, percent, at the conclusion of your code. apache percent is an abbreviation for Apache percent.
How to Color Text GREEN in Discord
Make sure to place a plus symbol (+) before the line that you wish to make green.
Difference + Here is some green colored text! “‘diff + Here is some green colored text!
CSS Syntax Highlighting for Light Green
” ” should be used to denote quote marks surrounding the text you wish tinted Light Green. “‘css “Here’s some nice LIGHT GREEN colored text” “‘css “Here’s some nice LIGHT GREEN colored text”
Bash Syntax Highlighting for Dark Green (EASY)
Quotation marks should be used around your text.” “”‘bash “Here is some wonderful, dark green text.” “”‘bash Take note that this dark green hue and the use of quote marks around your content is applicable to a variety of different reference languages, not only “bash.” It is compatible with “coffeescript,” “cpp,” and several other programming languages.
JSON Syntax Highlighting for Dark Green (EASY)
In the same way that quote marks around the text you wish to tint dark green are used in Bash. “‘json “JSON object with green colored text” “‘
How to Color Text BLUE in Discord
Brackets should be placed around the words that you wish to be highlighted in blue. “`ini“`
CSS Syntax Highlighting (Limitation: NO SPACES)
To make the text you wish to be highlighted blue, surround it with brackets. “`ini“`
Color Formatting Takeaways
As you’ve already realized, there are several limits to utilizing this kind of data collection (such as having to type no spaces for certain colors). The most essential thing to remember is that we can still color our text with relative ease! I’d suggest that you make use of the DIFF, BASH, FIX, and CSS highlighting options listed above (for red, green, yellow, and blue respectively). In any case, the samples above feature a variety of shades of the major syntax highlighting colors, allowing you to explore with them in your communications.
Markdown Text 101: Digging Deeper
In case you want to delve even deeper into Discord Markdown and pick up some additional tips and techniques, here are a few really useful websites that you shouldn’t miss.
The Markdown Tutorial
The following are some really helpful resources that you should not miss if you want to delve even further into Discord Markdown and learn some more tips and tricks.
The Markdown Cheatsheet
If you’ve gone through several markdown lessons and want a fast reference to refer back to, there’s this awesomeMarkdown Cheatsheet that contains every single sort of formatting you’re likely to face in your markdown writing.
The Official Discord Markdown Guide
Also available on the Discord App website is theOfficial Markdown Guidefrom the Discord Team (which can be found at the domain discordapp.com). While it covers all of the ground we covered in this article (in terms of chat layout), it does not go into as much detail regarding how we actually obtain each of the different colors. It can still be a very valuable reference if you’re looking for a fast refresher on a certain topic or procedure.
Now It’s Your Turn
It is now up to you to format and color some text. So get out there and do it! Please remember to save this page as a resource for future reference. Good luck, and have a good time!
Discord Bot From Scratch
Our free video course (almost 2 hours of video) will teach you all you need to know about building a Discord Bot from the bottom up.
Discord Text Formatting: Bold, Color, Italic, Strikethrough
The syntax highlighting feature in Discord is being used as a workaround when it comes to colored text formatting in the chat room. On the surface, you may color your text by inputting the name of a syntactic language after three backticks and then pressing enter. Although Discord does not provide a built-in text highlight feature, the third-party application Highlight.js runs in the background of the application, allowing us to add some color to our messages.
Due to the fact that we are utilizing syntax highlighting, the colors that you may use are limited. In order to create each color, you must first input three backticks (“‘), then return, then enter your text, return again, and lastly three more backticks (“‘) to complete the process.
How To Color Text In Discord Red
The syntax highlighting feature in Discord is being used as a workaround for colored text formatting in Discord. Basically, you can color your text by typing the name of a syntactic language after three backticks and a colon. We can’t add color to our messages since Discord doesn’t have a built-in text highlight function, but we can do so by using Highlight.js, which runs in the background of the chat application. Given that we are making use of syntax highlighting, the color palette available to us is limited.
How To Color Text In Discord Orange
To make the text in Discord orange, we will employ “CSS syntax,” which necessitates the use of square brackets on either side.
How To Color Text In Discord Yellow
Using the “Fix syntax,” we will be able to turn discord text yellow.
How To Color Text In Discord Cyan
We shall employ “JSON syntax” in order to turn Discord text blue. The quotation marks (“) on each side of the text will be required with this syntax.
How To Color Text In Discord Blue
The “Ini syntax” will be used to turn the text in Discord blue. When using the ini syntax, you will need to surround the text with square brackets.
How To Highlight Text With Color
“Tex syntax” will be used to highlight text in a way that is distinct from the block codes. With this syntax, you will need to style the text in the same way as the steps before, but you will need to put a dollar sign ($) at the beginning of the text.
How To Bold In Discord – Easy Method – Solved 8/20/21
How to Be Bold in the Face of Discord – and more! If you are new to Discord, there are several things you may not be aware of at first. Some of your pals who have been using Discord for a long period of time may already be familiar with the many formatting options available to them. One of the first things you should learn in this lesson is how to bold text in Discord, which is the first trick in this guide. Yes, bolding text in Discord (or even playing music in Discord) is feasible due to the large number of formatting choices available on the platform.
In addition, we have included other text formatting choices in this post that you may find useful, such as how to strikethrough, italicize, and underline text on Discord, which you can read about here.
Discord Text Formatting – Understanding Markdown
For those who are unfamiliar with the phrase markdown, it is a lightweight markup language that was first presented in 2004 and has since gained popularity. The language is simple to read and write because it uses plain text formatting syntax and is easy to read and write. At first, it just supports HTML. Later, it will support other languages. However, Markdown is currently being used in a simple text editor, resulting in rich text that may be used for creating messages.
Furthermore, Markdown is not apparent because it is only active in the background, formatting the text as it goes. If you do not want to use markdown, you can just paste your message into a single line code block and you will be good to go.
Steps on How to Bold Discord Message
The bolding of specific text in Discord is one method of drawing emphasis to a particular piece of text. As a surprise, Discord employs relatively basic formatting, which means there are no complicated commands to learn or learn how to use. All it takes is a few mouse clicks to complete the process.
- Obtain Discord on your computer, mobile device (Android or iOS), or tablet. Make a selection of a buddy or group to which you want to send a bold message
- Before typing the word that you want to be bolded in the Discord conversation, write double asterisks. Then input the words into the computer. If you want to make the entire message bold, put two asterisks at the conclusion of the message without a space between them. When you hit enter, the text message you sent will appear in bold.
Activate Discord on your computer or mobile device (Android or iOS). Make a selection of a buddy or group to which you want to send a bold message; before typing the word that you want to be bolded in the Discord conversation, put two asterisks. Afterwards, enter the text. Type two asterisks at the end of the message without a space if you want to make the entire message bold; The text message you sent is now highlighted in bold; simply press enter to continue.
Making Your Discord Status Bold
The majority of Discord users choose to create their own unique statuses for their channels. This feature allows people to communicate with other users about what they are currently doing or how they are feeling at the time. It is possible to highlight and italicize your current state. When it comes to utilizing Discord, being able to customize your status gives you a sense of being one step ahead of the competition. The ability to stylize a status, on the other hand, is not currently available.
- Here are some suggestions on how to go about it.
- Take the actions outlined below: Launch your web browser and navigate to the bold generator page.
- Copy the bolded status and paste it into the status area of your Discord server.
- Despite the fact that Discord does not enable users to bold their status messages, it is possible to do so with the aid of a bold text generator website.
Bolding Text in Discord Using Your iPhone
On their Discord channels, the majority of users choose to create personalised statuses. Other users will be able to see what they are now doing and how they are feeling because of this feature. It is possible to highlight and italicize your status. When it comes to utilizing Discord, being able to customize your status gives you a sense of being one step ahead of the pack. The ability to stylize a status, on the other hand, is not now feasible. You also cannot utilize the same technique that you used to make a message bold in order to make your current status bold as well.
Look for a website that can convert your ordinary text into bold text in an instant.
In the next box, fill in your current state.
Then copy and paste it into the status area of your Discord server. A bolded version of your current status will be shown. Despite the fact that Discord does not enable users to bold their status messages, it is possible to do so with the aid of a bold text generator service.
- Open the Discord app on your iPhone and start chatting. To send a message to a buddy or a channel, choose it from the drop-down menu. Prior to typing your message, type two asterisks before the word or phrase you want to highlight, followed by the word or phrase you want to highlight, and then finish with two asterisks. There should be no space between the asterisks and the first and last words in the sentence, respectively. Essentially, it will look like this: **hello and goodbye** Then hit the “send” button. Your text message, which you sent from your iPhone, is bold
Steps on How to Bold Text in Discord Using Your Android
When using an Android device, bolding text in Discord is the same as it is when using an iPhone or a PC. The procedures are nearly identical. Open the Discord app on your Android smartphone and chat with other people. The individual or channel to whom you wish to send the message is selected from the drop-down menu. ** should be typed at the start of your text, followed by your message and the word ** at the conclusion. At the beginning and conclusion of the text, make sure there is no gap between the asterisks and the words that follow them.
** To use bold italics, place the text you wish to be italicized in bold between two sets of three asterisks, as in ***bold italics **.
You have the option of bolding a single word or the full message.
Steps on Italicizing Words in Discord
Use italics for your message in Discord if you want to communicate sarcasm, or if you just want to send an italicized message to a group of people. The question is, how will you go about it if there isn’t a way to accomplish it through Discord. It is simple. All that is required is that you choose a few characters. The following are the procedures to follow in order to italicize text in Discord. Open the application on your computer, Mac, or laptop. Make a decision on where you will place the italicized words.
It will have the appearance of this *text*.
Steps on Using Strikethrough in Discord
To strikethrough (cross out) text on your computer screen, you cannot just press a key on your keyboard. Instead, there are certain actions that must be followed in order to make a strikethrough text. Open the Discord app on your favorite device and sign in. Choose your friend’s name or the channel you’d want to communicate with by clicking on it. Make a message for the recipient. Starting with two tidal characters, and ending with two tidal characters, you may make your statement more memorable.
Your message will appear in the form of this word.
Underlining Words in Discord
Underlining text in your Discord conversations is another another technique to structure your communications. Again, the steps are fairly simple: Start by launching the Discord application. Type two underscore characters at the beginning of your message and two underscore characters at the conclusion of your message. The message should be written in the form of this _word_. Your message will now be highlighted in order to emphasize its importance. Discord combines effects in a number of ways.
Now that you know how to bold and italicize text, as well as how to utilize strikethrough, you may be wondering whether you can combine these techniques to produce a more visually appealing message.
How to Bold and Italicize Word or Message in Discord
Follow these easy procedures if you wish to bold or italicize a portion of your message: To begin, open Discord and choose your buddy or the channel you wish to communicate from the drop-down menu.
Type three asterisks at the beginning of your message and three asterisks at the conclusion of your message. The message will look somewhat like this. ***How are you doing today?***
How to Bold Italicize and Underline Text in Discord?
Follow these easy procedures if you wish to bold or italicize your message: In order to send a message, first open Discord and choose the buddy or channel you wish to message. Specify three asterisks at the start of your message and three asterisks at the conclusion of your message. Here’s an example of how the message will appear What’s up, how are you?
Writing Spoilers in Discord
If you wish to make your message bold or italicized, follow these simple steps: To begin, open Discord and navigate to the buddy or channel you wish to communicate. Type three asterisks at the start of your message and three asterisks at the conclusion of your message. The message will display in the format shown below. ***How are you doing?***
How To Bold In Discord – Final Words
If you wish to bold or italicize your message, follow these easy steps: To begin, open Discord and choose your buddy or the channel you wish to communicate. Type three asterisks at the beginning of your message and three asterisks at the conclusion of your message. This is how the message will appear: ***How are you doing today?***.
How to Format Text in Discord: Font, Bold, Italicize, Strikethrough, and More
Do you use Discord on a regular basis? On that case, you’ve most likely seen someone else utilize bolded or colored text in a Discord server or in their private messages previously. In this tutorial, whether you’re a total novice or have your own Discord server, you can learn easy commands to conduct basic text formatting such as writing in bold or italics and more complex instructions, such as utilizing code blocks. The Markdown text formatting system is operating in the background of Discord when you’re using it, and it’s in charge of all of the text formatting.
How to Bold Text in Discord
Discord is a messaging app that many people use every day. When someone posts on a Discord server or in your DMs, you’ve undoubtedly seen them using bolded or colored text. Whether you’re a total newbie or run your own Discord server, you may learn easy commands to do basic text formatting, such as writing in bold or italics, as well as complex text formatting, such as utilizing code blocks, on your messages. The Markdown text formatting system is operating in the background of Discord when you’re using it, and it’s in charge of all of your text formatting.
How to Italicize Text in Discord
Text should be capitalized One asterisk (*) should be used at the beginning and conclusion of your message in Discord. As an illustration, consider the text in italics.
How to Underline Text in Discord
Text should be underlined. If you want to utilize two underscores (_) at the beginning and end of your message in Discord, you can do so. As an illustration, _underlined text_.
How to Combine Different Text Formatting Options
Several of the text formatting choices listed above can be combined in one document. Italicized text is created by placing three asterisks (*) between the text and the end of the line. As an illustration, consider the following:***bold italicized text*** Using two underscores with one asterisk at the beginning of your message and one asterisk and two underscores at the conclusion of your message will highlight and italicize your content. For example, _*italicized text with underlining*_. Combining two underscores and two asterisks before your message and two asterisks and two underscores after your message will result in bolded underlined text.
As an illustration, consider the following: **bold underlined text**_. Starting with two underscores and three asterisks, and ending with three asterisks and two underscores, you can underline, bold, and italicize your text. As an illustration, _***underlined bold italics***_.
How to Create Strikethrough Text in Discord
You can utilize strikethrough text in Discord if you wish to input text that has been crossed out in your message. Text that is strikethrough is created by placing two tildes () at the beginning and end of the message. The Shift+tilde keyboard shortcut is used to type the tilde character. Strikethrough text is an example of this.
How to Make All Symbols Visible in Discord
The backslash () at the beginning of each symbol cancels Markdown’s formatting so that the symbols are displayed as part of the text. This is useful if you want other users to see all of the tildes, asterisks, and underscores that you’re using (for example, if you’re creating an emoji). As an illustration: ****see all symbols****
How to Write Code Blocks in Discord
If you surround your content with backticks (‘), you can build code blocks that are only one line long. Because it creates a black background for white text, users may more easily examine and share code snippets in an easily accessible style as a result of this. As an illustration, consider the phrase “single-line code block.” Use three backticks (‘) at the beginning and conclusion of your message to construct multi-line code blocks that allow you to share more sophisticated code with other developers.
How to Color Text in Discord
Using syntax highlighting, you may utilize colored text in your Discord discussions, which is a handy tool for developers. When coding, this function is commonly utilized since it enables you to specify the programming language and colorize crucial portions of the code to make it simpler to read and comprehend. Colored text may be created by using multi-line code blocks with syntax highlighting. The triple backticks will be required at the beginning and end of your message, but you will also require a keyword that identifies a certain color to be used.
- The keyword to use in order to color text inRed isdiff. Take note of the hyphen (-) that before your textwithdiff
“‘diff-red text”‘ is an example of this.
- Use the keywordini and square brackets to enclose your text if you want to color it blue.
Example:“`ini“` “‘fixyellow text”‘ is one example.
- Use the keywordcssalong with square brackets on each side of your text to make it orange
- Otherwise, use the color cyan.
- You may use the keyworddiff to make your text green instead of red. You must, however, include the plus symbol (+) at the beginning of each text line
“‘diff+ green text”‘ is an example of this. When it comes to colored writing in Discord, there are a few restrictions to consider.
- For each hue, you must keep track of which syntax highlighting you used last time. Other users will only be able to view the colors if they are running Discord on a desktop or laptop computer
- Nevertheless, On mobile devices, colorful text will always appear as black by default
How to Hide Text in Discord
When using Discord, you have the ability to include spoiler alerts and conceal content in your conversations.
- Adding the prefix /spoilrat at the beginning of your content will allow other users to decide whether or not they wish to read a spoiler. If you just want to conceal a portion of your message, simply add/spoilerat the end of the text you wish to conceal
- Otherwise, leave it as is. Once this occurs, the text will appear as a spoiler, and users will need to click on it in order to access the message’s contents.
How to Change Font in Discord
Uni Sans is the default typeface used throughout all of the Discord applications, and it is available in a variety of weights. This typeface served as the inspiration for the first Discord logo, which was created in 2009. While it is not possible to modify the typeface from within the Discord program itself, you may do so by using an online Discord font generator such asLingoJam to generate one.
- All of the Discord applications, from thin to heavy, use Uni Sans as their default typeface, which may be customized. When the original Discord logo was created in 2009, it was influenced by this typeface design. You may utilize an online Discord Font Generator like asLingoJam to alter the font, which is more convenient than changing it from within the Discord program.
How to Create a Blockquote in Discord
Uni Sans is the default typeface used throughout all Discord applications, ranging from thin to hefty in weight. This font served as the inspiration for the original Discord logo, which was created in 2009. While it is not possible to modify the typeface from within the Discord program itself, you may do it by using an online Discord font generator such asLingoJam.com.
Are Other Text Manipulations Possible in Discord?
The good news is that, in addition to the features stated above, Discord has a lot more to offer. You may learn how to add tables, links, photos, headers, and lists in Discord by using thisextensive Markdown cheatsheet from GitHub.
Have you ever experimented with text formatting in Discord? Is there anything you think we should have included on our list? Let us know about your Discord text formatting strategies and tactics by posting them in the comments area below.
How to Bold in Discord: Various Formatting Texts in Markdown
You can use Markdown to make text bold in Discord because the platform lacks built-in formatting features.
To make text bold in Discord, just enclose the text you wish to be bold with a pair of double **asterisks** to indicate that it is bold. If you want to make the text italic, use a pair of single *asterisks* to surround it. You can see it in action in the pictures below.
What is Markdown and how does it work?
The Wikipedia entry for Markdown states, “Markdown is a lightweight markup language with plain-text formatting grammar that was invented in 2004 by John Gruber and Aaron Swartz.” When creating readme files, writing remarks in online discussion forums, or creating rich content in plain text editors, markdown is a popular choice. It is widely used on Discord as well as social media sites such as Reddit. Take a look at how it works in Discord to see how it works.
How To Bold Text in Discord
Step 1 – Write your text, being sure to include everything you wish to be bold. Double **asterisks** should be placed before and after the text you wish to be bolded in Step 2. Step 3 -That’s all there is to it; your text is now bold.
Italics, underlining, strikethrough, and combinations – text formatting options available on Discord.
Add a pair of single (_) underscores or *asterisks* before and after the text you wish to italicize to make it appear bold.
In Discord, how do you highlight something?
Add a pair of double _underscores_ before and after the text to make it stand out.
In Discord, how do you strikethrough?
A double tilde should be used both before and after the text.
In Discord, how do you highlight bold?
Double tildes should be used before and after the text.
In Discord, how can you make italics bold?
Insert *** Text*** both before and after the text. David has spent the previous 18 years working in or around the web / digital economy in one capacity or another. He has extensive expertise in the software and web design sectors, having worked with WordPress, Joomla, and a variety of specialties related to these platforms. As a digital consultant, his primary focus is on assisting businesses in gaining a competitive edge through the use of a combination of their website and digital platforms now accessible.
[New] Discord Text Formatting: Color/Bold/Italics/Strikethrough
Compared to other Discord formatting guides, this one is more comprehensive, since it walks you through the process step by step with images to assist you understand what you’re doing. You will be able to locate practically all of the text message formats that are available for Discord. Visit minitool.com for further information about Discord and other relevant topics.
About Discord Text Formatting
Discord formatting textmeans giving specific styles to the text message you send to your pals. In order to accomplish this, Discord uses the Markdown system. To modify the style of the message, you only need to insert a few special characters before and after it.
How to Format Text in Discord?
When you use specific formatting on your text message, it will appear more appealing to the recipient. Learn how to format a Discord message using bold, italics, underlining, multiple colors, a code block, spoiler, and a blockquote by following the steps outlined below.
How to bold in discord?
To make your SMS message stand out, simply include two asterisks ** before and after the primary content, as seen below.
There is no gap between the two asterisks, nor is there a space between the asterisk and the message itself. **as an illustration**
How to Do Italics in Discord?
Do you want to put italics around your text? Okay, simply put one asterisk * or one underscore before and after the content, and you’re done. There is no gap between the asterisk and the rest of the text in this sentence. * as an illustration*_ as an illustration_
Discord Text Formatting Underline
Underlining your words requires the use of two underscores one before and one after the term. In addition, there is no space between the two underscores, nor between the underscore and the words after the underscore. Take, for example,
How to Do Discord Strikethrough Text?
Similar to this, to include a strikethrough into your sentence, place two tildes () before and after the phrase. In addition, there is no space between the two tildes, nor between the tilde and the rest of the text. Take, for instance, Text modifications in Discord are explained in this post, which also includes instructions on how to cross out text in the chat application.
Discord Chat Formatting with Mixed Format
Of course, you may use more than one format to present the same piece of information. Listed below is a list of the special characters that should be used behind and before the target material wherever possible.
- Italics:***for example***or** for example_**
- Bold underline:** for example_**
- Bold underline:***for example*** Bold strikethrough:**for example**
- Italicized underline:* for example *or for example_
- (three underscores before and after the text)
- Italics strikethrough:*for example*or for example_
- Underline strikethrough: for example_
- Bold italics underline:*** for example ***or** for example_**
- Bold italics strikethrough:*** for example ***or** for example_**
- Bold italics strikethrough: For example: ** for example **
- Italics underline strikethrough: *
In the mixed format writing, there is no hierarchy between the different format characters. For example, you can put a bold underline like this: **for example**_ in addition to the above. However, you are unable to separate the unique unit of a single format and add a bold underline like _*_*for example*_*_ in that unit of separation. In addition, special characters should be symmetrical both before and after the target message, exactly as they are with programming languages.
Discord Text Formatting Block Quotes
To make a single-line blockquote, start typing at the beginning of the line of text you want to quote. While putting before the material that contains many lines, make the whole content block quoted by using the quotation marks. There must be a gap between and the content, as previously stated. for instance, as an illustration
Discord Code Block Formatting
To generate code blocks in Discord, simply enclose your message in the backticks’mark, which is accessible through the same button as the tilde symbol. If there are more than one line required to be tagged within a single code block, just write three backticks “` before and following your message. In addition, there is no space between any two backticks, and there is no gap between the backtick and the message, which makes sense. ‘for example’ “‘for example”‘ “‘for example”‘ What are Discord backup codes, and how do they work?
How do I setup or disable two-factor authentication in Discord?
How to Go Done a Line in Discord?
If you want to generate code blocks in Discord, simply surround your message in the backticks’mark, which is accessible through the same button as the tilde. Simply write three backticks “‘ before and after your message if there are many lines that need to be tagged within a single code block. In addition, there is no space between any two backticks, and there is no space between the backtick and the message it precedes.
As an illustration, the phrase “for example” can be translated as “as an illustration.” Do you know what Backup Codes are for Discord? Where can I get the backup codes for Discord? Discord 2FA: How can I enable/disable it? This is where you’ll find all the solutions!
Discord Formatting Color
Discord does not have a built-in text highlight with color functionality, according to the company. Hightlight.js, on the other hand, operates in the background, allowing users to customize their messages using certain common but restricted colors. Actually, the solution outlined below is compatible with syntax highlight, and it is accomplished by entering the name of a syntax language after the code block characters “‘ 1. Text Formatting in Discord – the color red In the first line, type three backticks followed by the word “diff” (diff syntax highlight).
It makes no difference if your material spans more than one line; they will all be highlighted in red.
Unless otherwise specified, the default white color will be shown.
“‘diff -for example, for example, for example, for example, for example, for example, for example, for example, for example, for example, for example, for example, for example, for example, for example, for example, for example, for example “` 2.
“‘diff +for example for example for example for example for example for example for example for example for example +for example “‘diff +for example for example for example for example for example for example for example “‘diff +for example for example for example for example for example for example for example “‘diff +for example for example for example for example for example for example for example “‘diff +for example for example for example for example for example for example for example for 3.
- Text Formatting in Discord – Color Blue In order to write blue text, you must use the “ini” (ini syntax) character after the code block characters “‘ and enclose your text in brackets after that.
- Simply reading this text will provide you with information on how to mass delete Discord messages quickly and efficiently.
- Text formatting in Discord – Grayscale Using “ini” and character, you may make gray text in a manner similar to that used to create blue text.
- Text Formatting in Discord – Color Orange In order to generate orange message content, you must substitute the “ini” syntax used for creating a blue message with “css” (CSS syntax), while leaving the other parameters identical.
- The procedure for creating cyan color is quite similar to the procedure for painting blue text.
“‘json”” “for example, as an illustration, as an illustration, as an illustration, as an illustration, as an illustration, as an illustration, as an illustration, as an illustration, as an illustration, as an illustration, as an illustration, as an illustration, as an illustration, as an illustration, as an illustration, as an illustration, as an illustration, as an illustration, as an illustration, as an illustration, as an illustration, as an illustration, as an illustration, as an illustration, as an illustration, as an illustration, as an illustration, as an “As an illustration, “”‘Alternatively, you may substitute the word “Jason” with the word “bash” (bash syntax).
- Additionally, it will provide you with cyan.
- “‘yaml example example example”‘ yaml example example example”‘ yaml example example example”‘ “` You will learn how to add individuals to Discord and to invite friends to a Discord server by sending them an invitation link or friend request on either a computer or a mobile device.
- Text Formatting in Discord – Color Yellow The application of yellow color differs from the application of the other colors discussed above.
- To utilize yellow text codes in another paragraph, you must begin a new set of yellow text codes in the first paragraph.
In addition, the term “fix” (FIX syntax) is used in the yellow code. “‘fix for example for example for example for example for example for example for example for example for example “‘ “‘fix for example “‘ “‘fix for example “‘ “‘fix for example “‘ Note:
- There must not be a space following the first line that contains the words “diff,” “ini,” “json,” “bash,” “fix,” “ml,” “md,” “yaml,” or “css.” The syntax language “diff,” “ini,” “json,” “bash,” “fix,” “ml,” “md,” “yaml,” and “css” must be typed in lowercase
- The syntactic language “ini” must be typed in lowercase
- And the syntax language “diff” must be typed in lowercase. There is no need for a space between the character and the text unless you wish to include a space before or after your text. When you are in code block mode, the only thing you can do is start a new line by pressing the Enter key. If you are unable to achieve the desired color by simply copying and pasting the above commands into your Discord, it is recommended that you manually type them in, particularly the special characters (because the format of these characters in a web browser may differ from the format of these characters in the Discord app)
How can I change the color of text in Discord? This article will walk you through the process of changing the text color in Discord.
Discord Text Formatting Spoiler
The spoiler tag is typically used when you want to keep certain text hidden. What is the best way to generate a spoiler text on Discord? It’s quite simple. To ruin the target text, all you have to do is place two vertical lines before and after the text in question. I’ve hidden a word at the end of this phrase ||word|| for you to find. If you want to see the spoiled text, simply click on the link provided.
Discord Disable Formatting
Perhaps all you want to do is type and send your buddies underscores or asterisks as a form of communication. However, if you merely type them in a symmetrical manner, they will appear underlined, bolded, or italicized. As a result, you will need to take further steps in order to avoid text formatting in Discord. Text formatting Discord may be easily removed with a few clicks of the mouse. Backslashes are used to separate the underscores or asterisks from one another. This will turn out to be the case in some cases, such as ***_for example_***, *****_for example_***, and *****_for example_***, and so on.
Check out the in-depth instructions.
There is a more straightforward method of creating a basic format for Discord messages. When you have finished entering your message, before pressing Enter, place your cursor over the material that you want to format and pick the forms you want from the pop-up menu overlay, which includes bold, italics, strikethrough, blockquote, code block, and a spoiler, among other options. If you know how to adjust the size or font of text in Discord, or how to format a Discord link, channel, post, table, or list, please share your knowledge with our readers in the comment box below.
Thank you very much!