How to Text a GIF
- On the GIPHY mobile app, tap on the GIF that you’d like to share. Get the GIPHY App!
- Tap on the Text Message button.
- Your GIF will automatically appear in the Message app on your iPhone or Android.
- Hit send and watch your GIF autoplay in the text thread!
- Just like texting a written message, texting a GIF is easily accomplished through the Messages app. 1. Open the Messages app. 2. Select the “Images” icon from the menu bar below the new message field. It looks like a pink circle with a white magnifying glass in the middle. Select the pink “Images” icon. 3.
- 1 How do you put GIFs into text messages?
- 2 How do you text a GIF on iPhone?
- 3 Why can’t I send a GIF in a text message iPhone?
- 4 How do I send a GIF in iMessage?
- 5 How do you download a GIF on iPhone?
- 6 How do you download a GIF?
- 7 What happened to the GIF option on my iPhone?
- 8 How do you get a GIF keyboard on Snapchat iPhone?
- 9 How do you add words to a GIF on iPhone?
- 10 Can iphones send GIFs to androids?
- 11 Why are my GIFs not moving?
- 12 Why are my images not showing up in iMessage?
- 13 Can I send GIFs on iPhone?
- 14 Send and save GIFs on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- 15 Add a GIF fromimages
- 16 Save a GIF
- 17 Report a concern with an image
- 18 Ifimages is missing from app drawer
- 19 Learn more
- 20 How to Text a Gif: For Android and iOS Users
- 21 How to Add Gifs on iMessage?
- 22 How to Text a Gif on Android?
- 23 How to Add Gif on Keyboard?
- 24 Time to Text? GIF ’em Instead
- 25 Send GIFs on iOS
- 26 Missing the Images Button in IOS?
- 27 Send GIFs on Android
- 28 How to Use GIFs In Text Messages
- 29 What is a GIF?
- 30 Why Are GIFs so Popular?
- 31 Why Do GIFs Work?
- 32 When to Use GIFs in Text Messages
- 33 How to Use GIFs in an iMessage
- 34 How to Use GIFs on an Android
- 35 How to Use GIFs in Text Messages With SimpleTexting
- 36 Using a GIF Successfully Comes Down to Audience
- 37 How to text a GIF on your iPhone using the built-in GIF keyboard in Messages or a third-party app
- 38 How to text a GIF on aniPhoneusing a third-party app
- 39 Related coverage fromHow To Do Everything: Tech:
- 40 How to Text a GIF
- 41 How to text a GIF
- 42 How to text a GIF
- 43 How to send a GIF in a text: Android
- 44 How to send a GIF in a text: iPhone
- 45 How to send a GIF in a mass text message
- 46 How to make your own GIF
- 47 What is the difference between an animated GIF and a single image GIF?
- 48 Are there advantages to texting a GIF vs video?
- 49 A GIF says 1,000 words
- 50 2022 Tips on How to Text a GIF on Android and iPhone
- 51 Part 2. Tutorial of How to Text a GIF on Android or iPhone
- 52 Part 3. How to Create a DIY GIF, Let EaseUS Video Editor Help
- 53 Conclusion
- 54 How to Text a GIF
- 55 What Is a GIF?
- 56 How to Text a GIF on iPhone
- 57 How to Text a GIF on Android
- 58 How to Text a GIF on Samsung Galaxy
- 59 How Do You Save a GIF?
- 60 How to Text a GIF From Twitter?
- 61 How Do You Put a GIF on Instagram?
- 62 Insert and Send GIF via Text
- 63 Part 1. How to Send GIFs through Text on iOS
- 64 Part 2. How to Share GIF in Text with GIPHY
- 65 Part 3. How to Attach a GIF to a Text on Android
- 66 Summary
How do you put GIFs into text messages?
How to Text a Gif on Android?
- To send GIF in text message android, open your default messaging app.
- Look for a smiley face emoji on the keyboard, and tap it.
- Look for the GIF button among all the emojis and tap it.
- Use the search field to find your desired GIF or browse through the collection.
How do you text a GIF on iPhone?
How to Select a GIF Saved on Your iPhone
- Go to the message you want to add a GIF to.
- In the Messages toolbar, tap the Photos app icon.
- Tap All Photos.
- Tap the GIF you want to add to the message.
- Tap Choose to add the GIF to your message.
- Complete the message and send it.
Why can’t I send a GIF in a text message iPhone?
Open Settings on your iPhone and then tap on General > Accessibility. Tap on “ Reduce Motion ” and toggle it off if it is enabled. On your iPhone, head to Settings > Cellular. Locate #images and if it turned off, turn it on.
How do I send a GIF in iMessage?
How to Send GIFs, Stickers, and GIPHY Text in iMessage
- Open a text message and select the App store icon just below the text bar.
- Search “GIPHY” and download or open the GIPHY app.
- Toggle between GIFs, Stickers, or Text. Once you’ve found the content you want to share, just tap to share.
How do you download a GIF on iPhone?
- Open the email or message with the GIF you want to download.
- Tap on the GIF.
- Tap the share icon in the upper right. It looks like a box with an arrow.
- Tap Save Image to download the GIF to your Camera Roll.
How do you download a GIF?
How to Download Animated GIFs on Android
- Open your browser and go to the website containing the GIF you want to download.
- Click on the GIF to open it. Press down to open a pop-up window.
- Select Save Image or Download Image from the list of options.
- Exit the browser and open your photo gallery to find the downloaded GIF.
What happened to the GIF option on my iPhone?
The simplest solution if the GIF Search isn’t working is to re-add the #Images app to the iMessage apps. #Images is the built-in GIF app for iMessage which you use to send GIFs. Open the Messages app and go to any conversation. Scroll right on the iMessage app bar and tap the App Drawer (the More option).
How do you get a GIF keyboard on Snapchat iPhone?
How to send GIFs on Snapchat using GIPHY Keyboard
- Launch the Snapchat application and click on Chat.
- Select any friend to open their chat.
- Open the keyboard and long tap on the globe icon.
- Select GIPHY to launch the keyboard.
- A number of GIFs will appear, tap on any GIF to send them.
- Finally, click on the send option.
How do you add words to a GIF on iPhone?
Section 1. FAQ of Making GIF
- Step1. Launch the Messages app on your iPhone.
- Step2. Open to send a new message or choose an existing message.
- Step3. Next, go to the iMessage app toolbar and then tap on the red magnifying glass button. (
- Step4. Go to ‘Find Images’ for searching a GIF and enter a keyword.
Can iphones send GIFs to androids?
iOS: In Messages, choose App drawer > #images. Android: In message app, tap Smiley icon. Choose a GIF or the search button to browse. Tap desired GIF, then choose Send.
Why are my GIFs not moving?
To play animated GIF files, you must open the files in the Preview/Properties window. To do this, select the animated GIF file, and then on the View menu, click Preview/Properties. If the GIF does not play, try re-saving the animated GIF in the collection in which you want to put it.
Why are my images not showing up in iMessage?
That’s when iMessage is unavailable. If you have MMS disabled on your iPhone, you won’t be able to send or receive multimedia messages like photos, videos, or audio clips. Scroll down and check to see if the MMS Messaging switch is toggled on. If not, tap it to enable it.
Can I send GIFs on iPhone?
So to add one of your GIFs to a iMessage or text in the Messages app, you simply have to tap the camera icon, then tap Photos, and find the Animated folder. Tap the GIF you want to send, then confirm by tapping Choose, and it will be dropped into a message ready for sending.
Send and save GIFs on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
With Messages, you may locate hundreds of popular GIFs in photos to use as attachments in your communications. images is accessible in the following countries: the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, India, Singapore, the Philippines, Japan, and others.
Add a GIF fromimages
GIFs may be found and shared with your friends using the pictures feature in the Messages app. Here’s how it’s done:
- Messages may be opened by tapping and entering a contact’s information, or by tapping and entering an existing chat. Click on Find pictures, then enter a phrase, such as “birthday,” to search for a specific animated GIF. To include a GIF in your message, simply tap on it. To send a message, simply tap it.
Apple smartphones only have the Messages app, which is where GIFs from photographs may be animated.
Save a GIF
It is possible to save a GIF that you have received in a message to the Photos application on your iOS device. Here’s how it’s done:
- Messages should be opened. Select and open the message in which the previously transmitted GIF that you wish to preserve is contained
- Tap and hold the GIF for a few seconds, then tap Save. If you have an iPhone 6s or later, you can save a GIF by pressing the 3D Touch button. Simply push down on the GIF for a long period of time, swipe up, then hit Save
Report a concern with an image
If you discover a problem or have a concern about the content included in photographs, you may report it as follows:
- Tap and use the search bar to find the picture you wish to report
- To see a bigger preview of the image, touch and hold it after you’ve located it. Take a screenshot, then press the thumbnail to access a preview of the document. Then select Mail from the drop-down menu. To report a problem, send an email to [email protected] with a description of the issue.
If you have a claim or a question regarding copyright infringement, please submit it here.
Ifimages is missing from app drawer
Check to verify that the images application is enabled:
- Use your left swipe to open the app drawer, then touch
- Select Edit from the drop-down menu, then press to add the pictures app.
Check to be that your keyboard is configured to a language and area that is supported. Go to SettingsGeneral and choose LanguageRegion from the drop-down menu. Currently, the pictures app is accessible in the following countries: the United States, the United Kingdom; Canada; Australia; New Zealand; Ireland; France; Germany; Italy; India; Singapore; the Philippines; Japan; and the Philippines.
Utilize iMessage applications to communicate with people, send stickers to embellish messages, and exchange music, among many other things. Information on items that are not made by Apple, as well as information about independent websites that are not managed or tested by Apple, is offered without endorsement or recommendation. Apple disclaims any and all liability in connection with the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites, goods, or services. Apple makes no guarantees as to the truth or reliability of information included on third-party websites.
Date of Publication: The maximum number of characters is 250.
How to Text a Gif: For Android and iOS Users
Sending animated GIFs is a far more convenient method to communicate feelings without having to say anything. For whatever reason, not everyone is completely conversant with the art of sending animated GIFs, and this is partly our responsibility. Every OS system keyboard has its own technique of sending animated GIFs in a conversation, and we’ll show you precisely how to send GIFs on some of the most popular platforms in this tutorial. So, what is the best way to text a gif? Texting a GIF is a simple process.
Simply clicking on it will expose a collection of GIFs, from which you may choose and send one by selecting and clicking on it.
Additionally, users may search for the most suited one for their requirements by entering in terms that best represent the feeling they desire to communicate.
How to Add Gifs on iMessage?
Inserting GIFs into messages is straightforward, thanks to the extensive library of GIFs available on the default keyboard given by the operating system. Follow these instructions to utilize the default keyboard capability on your iPhone to insert a GIF into text:
- To create a message, use the default messaging app on your device. On the left-hand side, select the icon with an A in it, which represents applications. See whether there is an app named images that has all of the GIFs that are contained in the database
- Make a selection from the pictures app and then select the GIF of your choosing
How to Text a Gif on Android?
Every Android phone comes pre-installed with a dedicated messaging application. They may, however, appear and function in a variety of ways. However, they all come with animated GIFs for texting. There isn’t much of a difference between Android and iPhone GIFs; nevertheless, the process of transmitting GIFs across both operating systems is a little more complicated on the iPhone. If you are using the Google keyboard as your primary keyboard, you may send a GIF over a text message by following the procedures outlined below:
- For Android, launch your default messaging app in order to send GIFs over text message. On the keyboard, look for the happy face emoji, and tap it
- Look locate the GIF button among all of the emojis and touch it to activate it. Use the search form to locate the GIF you’re looking for, or browse through the collection. Select your chosen GIF and tap it to see a preview of it before pressing the Send button.
How to Add Gif on Keyboard?
Despite the fact that the default keyboard is likely to have a GIF choice, if you are seeking for a GIF keyboard that offers a more broad selection of GIFs, you may create a customized one on your own. Follow these steps to accomplish this:
- Navigate to the app store on your phone and look for a GIF keyboard
- Install the one that appears to be the most appropriate for your requirements
This keyboard will not replace the default keyboard that is available in your phone’s messaging apps, but will instead be offered as a separate application. In order to include a GIF in your message, simply open this keyboard and pick the GIF of your choosing to send as a message using your favourite messaging application.
How to Add Gif Keyboard to iPhone?
GIFs have grown more popular among iPhone users, and as a result, Apple has introduced the ability to text GIFs as part of the default iMessage experience in iOS versions 10 and above. Alternatively, if you find that the default iPhone typing GIF collection does not meet your requirements, third-party alternatives are available. You may also use third-party GIF applications to send animated GIFs using your iMessage application. GIPHY is the most well-known of them, although there is another one called GIF Keyboard as well.
First and foremost, you may make use of the App Store, which is available on the iPhone.
The following are the methods to add a GIF keyboard to the iMessage application:
- By selecting the Plus icon on the iPhone messaging app, you may get to the App Store. When you download an app from this store, it will not only be installed in your messaging app, but it will also most likely be shown on your iPhone’s home screen as well. If these applications are installed, they will be integrated into the messaging app and may be used using the usual keyboard.
How to Use Gif Keyboard on Android
All you have to do to make advantage of the GIF keyboard function is follow these simple steps:
- To compose a message, open the messaging app and select the compose message option. On the keyboard that is displayed, select the GIF symbol at the top of the screen by clicking it (this option may only appear for users operating the Gboard). In the event that this symbol is not accessible, choose the smiling emoji from the keyboard and then go to the GIF icon by tapping it. Once the GIF collection has been shown, locate the GIF you want to send and press it.
Using third-party programs to access the GIF keyboard on Android phones is an additional method of accessing the GIF keyboard. With a vast GIF library on both the Android and Apple platforms, GIPHY appears to be a highly popular application in both worlds. To utilize the GIPHY (or any other third-party GIF software) on your Android phone, follow the procedures outlined below. If you want, you may convert any video to a gif and then send the gif directly from your messaging application.
- After you’ve downloaded and installed the app from the Google Play Store, you may use it. Choose a GIF of your choosing by either searching for it or looking through the selection of available images
- If you want to share the GIF with another app, choose any option that permits you to do so and then hit the icon that represents your phone’s messaging app. It will now be possible to include the GIF within the write message part of your messaging app. Also, keep in mind that your message would have automatically been converted to an MMS rather than an SMS in order to enable for the transmission of graphical material
- Choose your recipient and send the animated gif to them.
Unlike the main messaging program on the iPhone, the Android messaging applications do not include an in-built app store, which means that you will be unable to integrate third-party GIF keyboards into your default keyboard.
In contrast, the collection of GIFs available to you remains the same, regardless of the operating system you are now using.
Time to Text? GIF ’em Instead
- IOS: Select App drawer images from the Messages menu. Enter a search word and then select a GIF from the results. Send it as if it were a text message
- Android: Select the Smileyicon from the messaging app. To browse, select a GIFor thesearchbutton from the drop-down menu. Select Send from the drop-down menu after selecting the appropriate GIF. Gboard Keyboard (also known as Google Keyboard): To make a smiley face, click on it. Swipe to view GIFs, or type a GIF search word to get what you’re looking for.
Learn how to text a GIF using iOS 10 and later devices, Android phones and tablets and the Google Gboard keyboard in this tutorial!
Send GIFs on iOS
GIFs may be used to assist express your ideas or responses through humorous images, or they can simply be used to communicate in a ridiculous or enjoyable way. With an iPhone (or any iOS device), sending animated GIFs is as simple as texting a picture. Apple incorporated a GIF function into its Messages app, making it simple to find and share the ideal GIF to your contacts.
- Open the Messages app on your phone. Click on theWriteicon (a square with a pencil) in the upper-right corner of the screen
- Fill in the blanks with the name of the person you’d like to message
- On the left side of the screen, click the App drawerbutton (triangle). Click on the imagesbutton (magnifying glass) at the bottom of the page. Enter the search word you’re looking for in a GIF
- Select the GIF you wish to send by tapping it. To send a message, use the Send (arrow pointing up) button.
Missing the Images Button in IOS?
If you are unable to locate the images button in your app drawer, follow the steps below to add it:
- To open the App drawer, click on the drawer symbol (triangle). Swipe left on the app drawer and press theMorebutton (.) to see more options. To add the imagesapp, choose Edit, then press the addition symbol (+) at the bottom of the screen.
You may also download and transmit GIFs from third-party apps available in the App Store, giving you access to a greater variety of material.
Send GIFs on Android
When it comes to messaging GIFs with Android smartphones, you have a few alternatives. Using the built-in Messages app is quite similar to using the Messages app on your iPhone. The instructions listed below are valid for Android Oreo and newer (unless otherwise stated).
Add a GIF From a Messaging App
It is possible to use the first technique directly from your chat app.
- Open the Apps drawer (if it isn’t already visible on your home screen)
- To access the text bubbleicon at the bottom of the screen, press it. Type in the name of the person you wish to text
- Then click Send Text. Start by pressing theStartbutton. By touching on the built-inGIF button (smiley), which is positioned within the text entry box, you will be able to choose it. You’ll be given the choice to browse among stickers or GIFs. Alternatively, you can use the search box to discover a certain GIF. Enter the text you want, then swipe to get a GIF that matches it. Select the desired GIF by tapping it. To send a message, press theSendbutton (which looks like a paper aircraft or triangle).
Add a GIF Using the Gboard Keyboard
If you have the Google Gboard keyboard, you may use another approach to include a GIF in your message.
- Then, using the keyboard, type thes miley
- Using the swipe gesture, you may explore stickers and GIFs (or input search terms to get the GIF you’re looking for)
- Select the GIF you want by tapping on it. To send a message, use the Send button.
Thank you for informing us about this!
How to Use GIFs In Text Messages
No matter how you say it (‘gif’ or ‘jif’), the odds are that you’re familiar with the term “gif.” A terrific technique of incorporating pictures into words, and you can generally find one to suit any occasion or situation. While animated GIFs are typically linked with humour, they may also be used as an effective marketing tool. Because we digest pictures 60,000 times quicker than words, understanding how to correctly use a GIF into your content will significantly improve your marketing strategy.
In this post, we’ll go over all you need to know about GIFs, including how to distribute them to the general public without coming across as unprofessional.
What is a GIF?
Graphics interface format (GIF) is an abbreviation for graphics interface format, which is a sort of low-resolution format. Despite the fact that we identify GIFs with moving images, they may also be stationary images; the low-quality and formatting of the image are what distinguishes them from other types of images. In this post, we’ll set the still photographs to one side and focus on the well-loved animated images that can be found on practically every messaging and communication platform available.
Meanwhile, as millennials were busy destroying the real estate and restaurant industries, as well as the print journalism sector, they were also hard at work making GIFs a completely normal mode of communication.
How did GIFs become so popular, and why should you use them in your marketing messages? What is the science behind their enormous popularity, and why should you use them in your marketing messages? courtesy of Giphy
Why Are GIFs so Popular?
Typically, as seen by the example above, GIFs have a little amount of movement followed by some type of text. Anyone who has spent weeks preparing a short video would attest to the fact that creating that type of material requires effort and time. The amount of engagement achieved by video is higher than that achieved by photographs, which are significantly more difficult to come by. So, what is it about GIFs that makes them so popular? Due to the fact that they are a simple and elegant mix of the two mediums.
And building them is simple and quick, necessitating little or no technical knowledge on the part of the creator!
As it turns out, this is actually the sole reason why you need GIFs to function in the first place in the first place.
Receive Our Latest Posts
Delivered to your mailbox once a week, our finest marketing and business texting content will help you grow your business.
Why Do GIFs Work?
Although they can be amusing at times, animated GIFs have a surprising amount of psychological effect on their viewers’ minds. Emotional manipulation is a crucial tactic in persuasive communications, dating back to its origins in ancient Greece and Rome. By eliciting a certain emotional response from your reader, you may establish trust, reinforce crucial themes, and leave a lasting impression. Although it is similar to the science underlying emoji marketing, it is slightly more advanced.
- And they do so by demonstrating rather than telling.
- Are you young, witty, bright, or eccentric?
- You may even bridge social and cultural divides if you use information that has been specifically designed to appeal to the populations you wish to reach out to.
- Create deliverables (or takeaways) for consumers that will motivate them to share their experiences with others.
- courtesy of Giphy Because Dell was interested in putting these concepts into action, they did a case study in which they transformed a product picture for their convertible laptop into a product GIF and used it as the focal point of one of their email marketing messages.
- Increases in open rate (6 percent), click rate (42% rise), conversion rate (103 percent increase), and revenue (109 percent increase) have all been observed in recent years.
When to Use GIFs in Text Messages
The following questions should be asked of oneself while deciding whether or not to include a GIF in a text. 1. Is this a main or a secondary mode of transmission? When you want to add a little additional flair to a communication, a GIF might be the ideal finishing touch. Consider it a visual type of emphasis in its own right. You do not, however, want to employ a GIF as your principal mode of communication with your audience. It irritated a lot of people when YouTube answered to a reporter with an animated GIF rather than a professional “no comment.” Avoid allowing the indicated emotions of a GIF to serve as the whole content of your message or you risk coming across as flippant and unprofessional.
Do you have a strategy for reinforcing your brand messaging?
Investigate the effects of swapping an animated GIF for a comprehensive call to action (CTA) and tracking how your audience responds to the change.
Are you attempting to convey a story?
An additional visual aid that makes material more memorable for readers and a simple technique to practice “show don’t tell” content development can be found here. courtesy of Giphy Other convincing circumstances in which to employ a GIF are as follows:
- In order to liven up a visual or infographic
- To explain how a product or service works
- To demonstrate how a product or service works In order to inject some personality into an email or text (if the circumstance calls for it, of course). Make the best decision you can in this situation. Informing someone that they’ve been fired, for example, is not made any easier by including a “hang in there” GIF)
- To engage in social media conversations with customers
How to Use GIFs in an iMessage
For iPhone users, Apple has made it quite simple to send animated GIFs as part of your text messaging communications.
- Activate your iMessage application and compose a new text message
- Choose the blue app store icon that appears next to the text message field. To locate photos connected to your message, tap the pink magnifying glass icon and then use the search field to look for them. If you change your mind about a GIF, you may delete it from your message by clicking on the ‘x’ in the top right corner. Fill in the blanks with your own message, and then press submit to email them all at once.
How to Use GIFs on an Android
GIFs, much like they are on iMessage, have become a must-have feature for native Android messaging apps, just as they are on iMessage. GIFs are quite easy to find and send; the only difficulty you’ll have is deciding which one(s) to send to whom.
- Text message: Open your native messaging program and write your text message Select the happy face, then tap on the GIF icon in the lower right corner of the screen. You can either search for a GIF using the search box or browse through the most popular ones that appear automatically
- Choose the GIF you wish to use, and then click Send to send your message.
How to Use GIFs in Text Messages With SimpleTexting
Including a GIF in your text message is simple when using SimpleTexting. There are only four steps involved!
- Create a new marketing campaign
- Make certain that it is an MMS message. Upload your GIF by clicking on the paperclip symbol that says “media.” In your upload library, select the GIF you want to include and hit the blue “Include” button. Type out and submit your campaign in the same manner as you would usually
Your receiver will receive the full-size GIF in the body of their text message, precisely as it appears in the example below! – Today, at 12:10 p.m., Thank you for your purchase! We’ll send you an email when it’s ready to ship. -The Chewy Group
Using a GIF Successfully Comes Down to Audience
When sending a GIF, the most important thing to consider is who you are sending it to. Your audience is important, regardless of the medium you choose to distribute it. Similarly to how you modify messaging to different audiences, the GIF you choose must be appropriate for the audience to which it is being sent. GIFs come with a lot of responsibility, but if you pick correctly, you’ll be able to successfully improve your communication with minimal work. courtesy of Giphy
How to text a GIF on your iPhone using the built-in GIF keyboard in Messages or a third-party app
- Using your iPhone, you may send a GIF that will give expression to your communications. In order to text a GIF, you may use either the built-inGIFkeyboard in yourMessagesapp or a third-party app. More articles may be found on the Business Insider homepage.
With your iPhone, you may SMS a GIF to express yourself in your texts. You may either use the built-inGIFkeyboard in yourMessagesapp or a third-party app to type a GIF. For more stories, go to the Business Insider homepage.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
1. Launch the Messages application. 2.Click on the “Images” icon in the navigation bar underneath the new message box to open the image gallery. It has the appearance of a pink circle with a white magnifying glass in the center. Choose the pink “Images” icon from the drop-down menu. Photo courtesy of Kelly Laffey/Business Insider 3.A GIF keyboard will appear, with the word “Find pictures” on it. Browse through the GIFs to see which ones are most popular or have been used recently. If you’re looking for a certain GIF, put the word or phrase you’re looking for into the “Find pictures” search area to discover GIFs that are the most appropriate for the message you’re sending.
Photo courtesy of Kelly Laffey/Business Insider 4.Scroll through the images on the screen until you find the proper one.
5.The GIF will show in the text area when you click on it.
To send it, click on the “Send” button, which is the blue arrow symbol on the right side of the screen.
How to text a GIF on aniPhoneusing a third-party app
You may also send a GIF by using a third-party app to communicate. GIF Keyboard and GIPHY are two of the most popular choices. It is possible that you have downloaded them from the App Store and that they will display on the same menu bar as the “Images” keyboard in Messages.
To access the app’s GIF collection, click on the icon of the app. This is the GIPHY icon, which provides access to the GIF keyboard within the app. Photo courtesy of Kelly Laffey/Business Insider
Related coverage fromHow To Do Everything: Tech:
When you make a purchase after clicking on one of our links, Insider Inc. earns a commission.
How to Text a GIF
GIFs are a terrific way to utilize images to improve your text discussions, and utilizing them isn’t difficult provided you know how to send a GIF in the first place. Animated GIFs may be used to provide an amusing or hilarious touch to a message that might otherwise be heavy on text. Because around 65 percent of people are visual learners, and because most people respond to visuals rather than blocks of text, adding a GIF to enhance your message may be an excellent strategy. Check out the information below to discover all there is to know about GIFs, including how to pronounce the word, how to text a GIF, and even how to create your own GIF.
How to text a GIF
Everything you need to know about animated GIFs is right here in this comprehensive reference guide.
What is a GIF?
A GIF is formally described as Graphics Interchange Format, and it is a type of picture file that is widely used for graphics with a lower resolution than the resolution of the original image. Due to the fact that the normal GIF has a lower file size, it can only include a limited number of colors when compared to other file formats such as JPEG, which is often used for better quality images. GIFs can be used as images on their own, or a sequence of photos can be combined to create a short film or animated GIF.
You may even send GIFs to huge groups of individuals at the same time by texting them all at the same time.
How do you pronounce GIF?
Before we get started, let’s talk about how to pronounce the word GIF correctly. Regarding the correct pronunciation of GIF, there are two opposing schools of thought to consider. Some pronounce GIF as “jiff,” with a harsh J at the beginning, while others pronounce it as “giff,” with a hard G at the beginning. Which one is it, then? Although the actual pronunciation, according to the GIF’s developer, is “jiff,” both pronunciations are acceptable. Although there are two ways to pronounce the word “tomato,” both are considered appropriate in most cases.
How to text a GIF
The process of texting a GIF is actually fairly simple, and it is incorporated right into the messaging function on your mobile device. There are a variety of approaches that may be used to text a GIF. A huge range of animated content is available through apps such as GIPHY, which provides a large selection of culturally relevant GIFs that are organized by emotion category or phrase. If you’ve never sent a GIF before, you’ll probably be shocked by the vast number of options accessible to you.
You can always create something similar.
How to send a GIF in a text: Android
There are some changes in the way an Android and an iPhone operate, although they are typically minor in nature. The following steps will show you how to send a GIF through text message on an Android device: Step 1: Open your messages and start drafting a new text message. In step two, click on the happy face and then scroll down through the numerous emojis to the “GIF” option, which can be found at the bottom right of the screen.
Step 3: Select “GIF” from the drop-down menu and browse through the numerous GIFs. If you want to narrow down your possibilities, you may use the search box. Step 4: To conclude the procedure, select a GIF by pressing it and then tap Send.
How to send a GIF in a text: iPhone
The procedures for sending a GIF using iMessage are quite identical to those for sending a GIF through Android. Images is the app that is used for GIFs on the iPhone, and it is represented by a little hot pink circle with a magnifying glass within. The following instructions will show you how to send a GIF over text using the iMessage application: Step 1: Open your messages and start drafting a new text message. Step 2: Select the hot pink magnifying glass icon, which is normally located near the iTunes logo.
To select a GIF, simply touch it and then select “Preview before sending.” If you don’t like the GIF that has been picked, you may select a another one by pressing the tiny “X” in the upper right corner of the screen.
How to send a GIF in a mass text message
It’s possible that you’ll want to send a GIF in your company text messages to assist express your personality and get a stronger message out to your consumers if you’re sending mass text messages. It is really simple to include a GIF in an MMS message. Here’s how it’s done: Step 1: Create a new campaign from your SlickText platform, and while you’re crafting your text, pick the camera icon beneath the message box to take a picture of it. Step 2: Choose a GIF from among your saved files. Step 3: Send your message now or postpone it for later.
As you can see, sending a GIF to a group of any size is a straightforward process.
How to make your own GIF
Do you want to create a GIF of your own? There are a plethora of websites where you may create your own GIFs, however some will include their logo at the bottom or charge a fee for their services. MakeaGIForIMGUR and GiFMaker are two excellent solutions for creating your own animated GIFs for free, respectively. If you’re already familiar with Photoshop, you can create a GIF using that program as well. The users of all of these online services have the opportunity to download fragments of previous YouTube videos or to add their own graphics in order to create a more personalized outcome.
What is the difference between an animated GIF and a single image GIF?
This page focuses on animated GIFs, which are often a succession of images or short video snippets that are animated in a single frame. Animation GIFs should not be mistaken with single file GIFs, which are identical to JPEGs and PNGs in appearance. As contrast to a still image, an animated GIF has been assembled from many frames rather than a single frame, which is why it has movement rather than being a still image.
Are there advantages to texting a GIF vs video?
When it comes to texting, GIFs are beneficial since they aren’t restricted to what is currently in your camera roll, which is convenient. In addition, GIFs often take up less phone storage space than traditional videos. Using animated GIFs in text messages may also help you develop a more personal connection with your consumers if you’re in a business like ecommerce marketing.
There is a time and a place for both animated GIFs and traditional videos. You could wish to utilize a video from your ordinary camera roll to share video material that you created yourself, and it might be useful to use a GIF to make a specific pop culture reference in a certain niche.
A GIF says 1,000 words
We are all aware of the fact that visuals have the capacity to improve communication. When it comes to texting, GIFs are a fun way to liven things up, whether you’re trying to make someone laugh or transmit a strong sentiment, or you’re just trying to throw in an adorable movie of a dog for good measure. After learning how to send a GIF using text, you can take your mass text messages to the next level by include animated GIFs.
2022 Tips on How to Text a GIF on Android and iPhone
Nowadays, mobile communication is getting more visual, and smartphone users are increasingly incorporating emojis, stickers, and GIFs into their texting and messaging applications conversations. The widespread use of smartphones is undoubtedly contributing to the trend away from written communication and toward visual communication. People are increasingly including emoticons and GIFs into their smartphone communications to make them more memorable. GIFs are picture files that may be sent as text messages to others to express themselves.
- GIFs may be used to assist express your views through humorous images, and they can also be used to communicate in a ridiculous or humorous manner.
- Some of these services are integrated into popular social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook Messenger.
- Texting a GIF is similar to sending an emoji.
- There is no need for you to download anything.
- Android Messages, which you can get through the Google Play store, has a feature that allows you to send GIFs straight to other people.
- Use a GIF keyboard, which is automatically included in any iPhone running iOS 10 or later, or use third-party apps such as GIPHY to create animated GIFs on your iPhone or iPad.
Part 2. Tutorial of How to Text a GIF on Android or iPhone
There are several text messaging programs available because they are quick and simple to use, and you do not have to interrupt a phone conversation in order to send a message. Messaging applications for Android smartphones are functional based on the Android version and the texting behavior of the user. Among them are the following:
- Textra SMS, Chomp SMS, Facebook Messenger, Mood Messenger, Pulse SMS, Signal Private Messenger, and more similar services are available.
Signal Private Messenger is our top recommendation. Signal Private Messenger is a text messaging application for Android users that is quite handy. It is available for download through Google Play. However, unlike Hangouts and Facebook Messenger, this program uses military-grade encryption to protect all communications from beginning to finish. There are no in-app purchases, and it is completely free to use. It’s also free and open-source, and it enables group conversations as well as high-definition phone and video calls.
The establishment of an account is required by the majority of messaging apps.
The app authenticates your device by delivering a unique text message to your phone.
It is possible to send encrypted communications to a group of Signal users or unencrypted messages to anybody who is not a subscriber to the service using the App’s group messaging feature.
You may also take a new shot while still in Signal mode. The new waveform representations of audio communications can assist you in visualizing the distinction between social distancing and someone who is just standing a long distance away from the microphone, for example.
2. Choose a Reliable iPhone Text App
There are a plethora of messaging applications available for iOS devices, including Signal Private Messenger, Viber (which is popular in Eastern Europe), WhatsApp, WeChat (which is the most popular app in China), Snapchat, and many others (a hit with the young users). However, if you are concerned about your privacy, you must try Telegram Messenger. The app is already used by millions of active users (more than 400 million) and is compatible with all of your mobile devices. It is straightforward, but quite powerful, since it allows you to form group conversations with up to 200,000 users and exchange huge films and documents of any sort with them.
You have the option of storing your conversation history in the cloud without having to worry about your personal information being compromised.
Furthermore, the App is absolutely free, even when there are no advertisements.
3. Select Desired GIF
GIFs are currently incorporated into every popular texting application, and you could search for the proper image within the program and send it to the recipient. If your keyboard supports GIFs, you could accomplish the same thing with it. However, if you want to access libraries containing hundreds of imaginative pictures, you will need to look for dedicated GIF programs, which can be found in both the Google Play Store and the Apple AppStore. GIPHY is one of the most popular apps for both Android and iOS devices.
- GIPHY is one of the world’s largest collections of animated GIFs.
- You might pick GIFs from popular television shows, video games, movies, and other media.
- If you are unable to locate a GIF on GIPHY, it is possible that this picture does not exist and that you must make your own.
- The software is completely free to use and does not include any in-app purchases.
- Searching for and sharing GIFs, stickers, and short-form films across all of your social applications channels, including iMessage, Facebook Messenger, and other messaging apps, is a breeze with GIPHY for iOS.
It’s a flexible program that allows you to design your own GIFs. If you want to create your own GIFs, you can proceed to the next section:
4. How to Send or Text a GIF
Finally, you locate the proper animated GIF or make your own from scratch. Let’s walk through the process of sending this GIF using the Text App, as demonstrated above, in a few short steps. What is the best way to text a GIF on Android? Signal Private Messenger operates on a phone number system, and if your contact does not have the software, it will just send a text message to them. It’s easy to use, and it looks fantastic when used with Material Design. To transmit a GIF from inside Signal, simply follow the procedures outlined below: Step 1: Launch the Signal application.
- To begin a new conversation, select Start chat from the drop-down menu.
- Step 2.The software will open a link to GIPHY for Android, which you may see.
- When you select the GIF you want, simply touch on it to include it in the message.
- Step 3: To include a GIF in your message (such as “the smiling piggy”), tap on the image you wish to send.
- That’s all there is to it.
- Earlier this year, Telegram launched a picture editor that could be integrated into a chat application.
- To make any photo or video more interesting, animated stickers may now be added.
Sending the GIF is simple and just requires a few simple steps: Step 1.
It may be found on the home screen of your device.
It will open a list of all of your friends who also have a Telegram account and initiate a new conversation with them.
Step 2: Next to the message area, select the sticker symbol by tapping it.
When you tap the GIF button, Telegram’s GIF library will be shown.
Step 3: Select a GIF image.
Part 3. How to Create a DIY GIF, Let EaseUS Video Editor Help
Graphics in motion (GIFs) are an excellent method to make your message or blog post more interesting. It can take a long time to find the correct GIF, even in enormous collections, and sometimes it is preferable to build your own, which reflects your feelings better. Making your own animated GIFs is extremely entertaining and gives you a world of new possibilities. Thanks to a variety of GIF creator applications, everyone may participate in this creative process. GIPHY CAM (which is accessible for both iOS and Android platforms) and GIF Maker (which is also available for Android and iPhone devices) are two popular apps for creating Do It Yourself (DIY) GIFs.
Your source material can come from YouTube, Vimeo, or Giphy Links, and you can choose any segment of the video to transform into a GIF.
Using the camera on your iPhone and the GIPHY CAM, you might create amusing animated GIFs.
However, if you are looking for the finest program for creating excellent GIFs, you might consider downloading EaseUS Video Editor.
For creating your own GIF pictures, the program gives a number of tools, including free templates of words, filters, components, overlays, transitions, and music, among other things. Add them to the GIF file if you’d like. Pros：
- Video editing and managing multiple videos and audio tracks on the timeline are also supported. Converting MP4 to GIF, MP4 to MP3, and YouTube video to MP3 are all possibilities. The video effects collection includes video filters, overlays, and transitions. Add various effects and filters, as well as captions, subtitles, and music to your video.
Two Ways Create a GIF using EaseUS Video Editor:
What is the best way to create or make a GIF? Step 1: Importing the Images Start EaseUS Video Editor by clicking on the icon. To import your photographs, go to the “Import” button on the main screen and select your images. Then click on the “+” button to include your video in the timeline of the project. Step 2: Make the necessary adjustments to the images After selecting the photo, you will be able to modify the photographs, alter the image size, and adjust the image speed. You may also use zoom-in and mosaic effects to enhance the appearance of your photographs.
- You may now export your photographs by selecting “Export” from the drop-down menu.
- When you complete your operation by following the procedures outlined above, you may use EaseUS Video Editor to add text, filters, overlays, transitions, components, and music to your video.
- To import your photographs, go to the “Import” button on the main screen and select your images.
- Step 2: Make the necessary adjustments to the images After selecting the photo, you will be able to modify the photographs, alter the image size, and adjust the image speed.
- You may now export your photographs by clicking the “Export” button at the bottom of this screen.
GIFs are rapidly rising in popularity these days, since they are great for expressing jokes, emotions, and ideas to friends, family, and coworkers, among others. If you are someone who is concerned about the privacy and security of your conversations, you should use a text messaging app such as Signal Private Messenger for Android users or the popular Telegram Messenger for iPhone users (which is also accessible for Android users). It is recommended that you use EaseUS Video Editor to create GIFs if you are looking for the finest program to do so.
Undoubtedly, unique animated graphics generated with EaseUS Video Editor and based on a photograph or video from your previous meeting will wow your friends and family.
How to Text a GIF
The use of a well selected reply GIF is particularly helpful when you need the right nonverbal answer to a friend’s text and an emoji simply won’t do. If a picture is worth a thousand words, a GIF is worth at least ten thousand thousand words! Given the wide variety of platforms available, sending GIFs can be difficult, despite the fact that they can simplify communication by creating a bold (and preferably humorous) visual message.
GIFing will become second nature to you after you get the hang of it on your device, but it is up to you to select the most appropriate GIF for the situation. Make an informed decision. How to Send a GIF through Text Message Featured Image courtesy of lechatnoir/E+/Getty Images
What Is a GIF?
A GIF file is a digital picture file, similar to a JPEG or a PNG file. GIFs, in contrast to JPEGs and PNGs, are frequently animated; they display a brief animation that normally plays for a few seconds on a loop. GIFs are commonly used in web design. However, while the animation might be about any subject matter, it is frequently a brief segment from a longer film, such as a movie or television show. Typically, GIFs are used to portray an emotional reaction to something, in a similar way to how emojis are used to express emotions.
How to Text a GIF on iPhone
Using your iPhone’s native messaging software, Messages, hit the camera icon, then choose your Photos folder and the “Animated” folder from the drop-down menu. From here, you may choose any GIF that you have saved on your phone and then touch “Choose” to insert it into your text message. Apple’s pictures feature, on the other hand, allows you to explore and send hundreds of the most recent and fashionable GIFs. Imagery may be used by selecting a message recipient, tapping on the drawing symbol next to the message field (the icon looks like a little easel), and then tapping on the magnifying glass icon next to “Find pictures.” Sort in a keyword for the type of GIF you’re searching for – for example, “clapping” or “thumbs-up” – and then select the GIF of your choice to include it in your message or send it directly to a friend.
This GIF usage procedure is common on iOS 10 devices and higher, but it is virtually identical – with the exception of a few minor differences in folder and button names – on previous devices.
The iPhone 5S and above, as well as the iPhone X, are all iOS 11-compatible smartphones from Apple.
How to Text a GIF on Android
Texting a GIF on Android Messages is quite similar to the method in iOS Messages. From your message, hit the “+” sign to add media, and then tap the photo icon to enter your gallery and select a previously saved GIF from your collection. If you want to search for a GIF by keyword, you may do so using Android’s own “GIF Search” feature, which you can access after hitting “+.” Simply tap the GIF to add it in your message. On Android 7.1 Nougat and higher, the use of GIFs is very uniform across devices, including phones such as the Google Pixel, Nexus, Huawei Mate, LG V, HTC U series, and others.
How to Text a GIF on Samsung Galaxy
It is the same process on Samsung cellphones, including the company’s flagship Galaxy series, as it is on Android smartphones – and this is because Galaxy phones all use the Android operating system, which is the same as on Android smartphones. Since the introduction of the Samsung Galaxy S in 2010, Android has been the operating system of choice for Samsung’s smartphone portfolio.
One example of a Galaxy phone with Android 8.0 Oreo is the Galaxy Note 8, which is followed by the Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8 Plus, and the Galaxy S7, among other models.
How Do You Save a GIF?
For your benefit, storing GIFs is a simple procedure on both the iOS and Android platforms, allowing you to maintain your hilarious timing. You may add GIFs to your library by holding down on the picture when you come across one you wish to save. On Apple devices, you can save a GIF that you get in a message by selecting “Save,” whereas on an Android smartphone, you may select “Download.” You’re now ready to use the picture you’ve saved to incorporate it into your next text.
How to Text a GIF From Twitter?
In order to share a GIF from Twitter, the quickest and most straightforward method is to save the GIF by pressing and holding on it and adding it to an Android or iOS message. If you wish to share the entire tweet, including the GIF and text, click on the tweet’s downward-facing arrow symbol and select “Copy link to Tweet” from the pop-up menu that appears. The link gets copied to your clipboard as a result of this action. Once you’ve done that, you may copy and paste it into your outgoing text message.
Open up the venerable “What’s on your mind?” box on Facebook and select “Photo/Video” from the list of available options to attach a GIF that has been stored to your device.
How Do You Put a GIF on Instagram?
Instagram does not currently accept photos in the GIF format as of January 2018. It does, however, enable videos, prompting app developers to develop ways for fast converting your GIFs into short films so you can continue to GIF away on the ‘gram. GifLab is the app of choice for iOS users, while Giphy Cam is the app of choice for Android users. To post a GIF on Instagram, you must first open the GIF in the app, convert it, and then select the option to “Share on Instagram.” You’ll be requested to connect your Instagram account to your account.
Insert and Send GIF via Text
ByKendra D. Mitchell| Tuesday, September 16, 2020 21:20 p.m. | When communicating a message or adding a little levity to a discussion, GIFs are an engaging and dynamic medium to use. In addition to being utilized on social networking platforms, PowerPoint presentations, and other kinds of communication, GIF animations may also be used in advertisements. On iOS and Android smartphones, GIFs may also be sent as text messages in a text message. Consequently, if you are also seeking for ways to communicate a GIF in text, the solutions listed below may be of use to you.
Part 1. How to Send GIFs through Text on iOS
iOS 10 and subsequent versions of Apple’s operating system provide the capability of transmitting GIF files using the company’s messaging application. In this way, distributing animations through iOS is a snap; all you have to do is choose a suitable GIF file from among the available possibilities and send it to the appropriate recipient.
In addition to the built-in messaging software, third-party apps may be downloaded on your iOS devices to allow you to include animated GIFs into text messages.
Steps on How to Send GIF in Text on iOS using the Built-in Messaging App
The first step is to open the Messages app on your iOS smartphone. To begin composing a new message, select the compose symbol in the upper right corner of the screen (a square with a pencil). Fill up the To:tab with the name or phone number of the person to whom you want to send the GIF. Select the pictures option by tapping on theA -App drawerbutton, which is located to the left of the text field, in Step 2. You may then input the phrase or a keyword to search for the GIF you’re looking for in Step 3.
Lastly, as soon as the GIF has been put to the message text box, click on the upward pointing arrow to send the GIF to the recipient you have chosen.
GIPHY is both an internet search engine and a database that has a vast collection of GIF animations organized into several categories. You may use the site to generate GIFs, text them, share them on social networking platforms, store them to your local system, add GIFs to URLs, and do a variety of other things. The GIPHY software, which can be downloaded on iOS and Android smartphones, may be used to add animated GIFs to text messages. The required animation can be selected from the app’s extensive library and sent.
Steps on How to Send a GIF in Text using GIPHY
In step one, download and install the GIPHY application on your iOS or Android smartphone. Step 2: Launch the app and look for the animation you’re looking for. You may search for a GIF in a certain category by entering a term in the search box. After you have picked the animation, click on the message button that is located on the left-hand side of the screen below the animation. After selecting the GIF, the smartphone messaging program will open and prompt you to input the name of the person to whom the animation should be sent.
Step 4.Finally, to submit the GIF file, click on the upward pointing arrow on the toolbar.
Part 3. How to Attach a GIF to a Text on Android
With the built-in Messaging software for Android smartphones, sending a GIF to a text message is also simple and quick. A good variety of GIF animations is available in the messaging app, and you may search for the one you want from among them. On top of that, third-party apps such as GIPHY may be used on Android smartphones to get a larger range of animations.
How to Send a GIF in a Text on Android Devices?
The first step is to open the Messages app on your Android device and then click on the text bubble symbol that is located at the bottom of the device’s screen. Step 2.Type in the name of the person’s phone number to whom you desire to send the GIF and then press the Startbutton to begin. Click on the smiling face symbol that appears within the text entry box and then select the GIF option from the drop-down menu that appears. The GIF animations that are currently accessible will be shown.
By putting the desired GIF file’s keyword into the search box, you may find the file you’re looking for. Selection of the chosen GIF, which will then be placed into the message compose files, is completed in Step 4. Last but not least, press theSendbutton.
So now you know how to send a GIF using the built-in messaging apps on iOS and Android devices, as well as using GIPHY. When words fail to adequately communicate your ideas and emotions, turn to animation and deliver it through a text message in one of the methods already discussed. GIF Maker is one of the most popular functions in Wondershare UniConverter, as it allows users to convert their short movies or photographs into animated GIFs for sharing on social media. Save their amusing GIFs so that you may share them with your friends more easily.
- UniConverter supports both Windows and Mac operating systems
- It is simple to convert multiple files at the same time
- It allows you to transfer videos from your computer to your iPhone or Android mobile device without the use of iTunes
- It has a UniConverter Toolbox function that allows you to convert images, create GIFs, burn CDs, rip CDs, cast to TV, and fix Meta tags with a few clicks
- It can also burn video and other media files to DVD. Wondershare UniConverter is available