How do you send a text anonymous?
- Create a new e-mail account for yourself. You don’t want to use your personal account since the sender will be able to view your personal
- Get the person’s phone number. Make sure to find out and confirm the phone number of the person you’d like to text .
- Discover the person’s carrier. The person you want to text has a phone carrier,like AT T,T-Mobile,Verizon Wireless,Sprint,Metro PCS,or others.
- Combine your contact’s phone number with their phone carrier e-mail. In other words,you’ll compose an e-mail that will reach the person’s phone,
- 1 Can you send a text anonymously?
- 2 How can I text without showing my number?
- 3 Can you * 67 a text message?
- 4 Can I block my number when I text?
- 5 Can texts be traced?
- 6 How do I send an anonymous text from my iPhone?
- 7 What is a ghost text message?
- 8 How do I disguise my phone number?
- 9 What is * 82 on the phone?
- 10 Anonymous Texting: How to Hide Your Phone Number When Sending Texts
- 11 Send anonymous texts by email
- 12 Send anonymous texts through messaging websites
- 13 Send anonymous texts with a smartphone app
- 14 How to Send an Anonymous Text Message That Can’t Be Traced Back to You
- 15 How to Send an Anonymous Text Via Email
- 16 Mobile Apps That Allow You to Send Anonymous Texts
- 17 How to Send an Anonymous Text Online
- 18 Send Messages That Can’t Be Traced Back to You
- 19 How to Send an Anonymous Text
- 20 About This Article
- 21 Is this article up to date?
- 22 Sending Anonymous Text Messages via Email
- 23 Sending Anonymous Text Messages with Instant Messagers
- 24 Free Anonymous Text Messaging Websites
- 25 Smartphone Apps for Anonymous Texting
- 26 How to Send an Anonymous Text
- 27 Anonymously Texting Someone
- 28 Apps to Send an Anonymous Text
- 29 Websites That Let You Send an Anonymous Text
- 30 Anonymous Texting: How to Text Privately
- 31 Send an Anonymous Text With SMS Gateways
- 32 Send an Anonymous Text via Instant Messenger Apps
- 33 How to Block Your Number When Texting
- 34 Use a “Burner” Number for Anonymous Texting
- 35 How to Call and text anonymously
- 36 Calling anonymously
- 37 Texting anonymously
- 38 Encrypted VoIP and text messaging
- 39 Final thoughts
Can you send a text anonymously?
Using the Sealed Sender option released in late 2018, users can send anonymous messages to anyone who accepts sealed ones (there is an option to turn this off in the settings). It’s available for Windows, Android and iOS.
How can I text without showing my number?
Follow the following steps:
- Open the phone app on your device. This is the app you use to call others.
- Tap on the three dots in the top right corner and select “Settings”.
- Open “Call Settings”.
- Select the SIM card you’re currently using.
- Go to “additional settings”.
- Tap on “Caller ID”.
- Select “Hide Number”.
Can you * 67 a text message?
If you want to hide your number and make a private call, just dial *67 before entering the destination number you want to contact. But keep in mind that this only works for phone calls, not text messages.
Can I block my number when I text?
Text Burner is another option for blocking your number when texting. Download the app for free from the Google Play or App Store and then type in the desired area code for your number. Select a number and then tap the “New Message” icon to send an anonymous text. Type in your message and then tap “Send.”
Can texts be traced?
Text messages can be traced. Mobile service companies must keep logs of text data for law enforcement, including a general location. The average person has a few ways to track the origin of texts.
How do I send an anonymous text from my iPhone?
Send anonymous texts with a smartphone app Both Google Play and the iOS App Store also have plenty of apps from which you can do some anonymous texting. They include Text Me, Text Free, TextNow, and textPlus. Typically, you can send and receive texts from a number the app assigns you.
What is a ghost text message?
Ghosting is done without any explanation for the lack of communication. Ghosting includes not responding to any text messages, social media posts, phone calls or any other form of communication.
How do I disguise my phone number?
To block your number on Android:
- Open the Phone app, and open the Menu.
- Select Settings, then Call settings.
- Click on Additional settings, then Caller ID.
- Choose “Hide number” and your number will be hidden.
What is * 82 on the phone?
This Vertical Service Code, *82, enables calling line identification regardless of subscriber preference, dialed to unblock withheld numbers (private callers) in the U.S. on a per-call basis. *82 can be dialed from U.S. land-line house phones and business lines, as well as most cell phones and mobile devices.
Anonymous Texting: How to Hide Your Phone Number When Sending Texts
Apple iPhone photo courtesy of Claire Nowak/Rd.com As society grows increasingly reliant on technology, there has been a significant increase in worry about online privacy. The most skilled hackers have progressed beyond merely stealing your credentials to the point where they can spy on you using your own laptop. Fortunately, these cyber security tips can assist you in preventing your computer from being hacked. In addition, your smartphone is equally as vulnerable as your PC in terms of security.
In the same way that it is possible to browse the web in incognito mode, it is also feasible to write without disclosing sensitive personal information.
Send anonymous texts by email
The majority of major cell phone providers enable consumers to receive texts sent to them via email. (Tip: if you wish to text entirely anonymously, create a temporary email address for that purpose.) In order for this to function, you’ll need to know who the recipient’s carrier is. Then, using one of the following templates, send your message to the specified phone number: AT Metro PCSSMS/MMS:SprintSMS:MMS:T-Mobile TSMS (a text-only message):MMS (a message that contains multimedia such as photos, audio, or video):Metro PCSSMS/MMS:T-Mobile Verizon Wireless provides SMS/MMS services.
Any responses you receive will be in the form of a TXT file, which you must open in order to view them.
For those of you who are sending these texts to people you know, here are some general guidelines for texting in relationships.
Apple iPhone photo courtesy of Claire Nowak/Rd.com
Send anonymous texts through messaging websites
Another option for anonymous messaging is to use one of the many free texting websites available. However, you do not need to create an account with a username and password since you may access your messages at any time from any device, even if your computer is turned down. If your scenario necessitates the usage of a “one-and-done” text message, look for a website that allows you to send messages without creating an account. TextEm, TextSendr, and OpenTextingOnline are some of the most popular.
Send anonymous texts with a smartphone app
Both the Google Play Store and the iOS App Store feature a plethora of apps that allow you to communicate anonymously via text message. Text Me, Text Free, TextNow, and textPlus are just a few of the options. Typically, you will be able to send and receive messages using a phone number that the app will provide you. For those who genuinely prefer anonymous messaging, though, Burner could be a good option for them. You may create as many throwaway numbers as you desire with the program. Do you like to send anonymous text messages from your own phone number instead?
Your SMS message has been successfully delivered! Perform not, under any circumstances, do any of these 11 things by text message. Also, be familiar with the meanings of these texting abbreviations so that you can communicate more quickly.
How to Send an Anonymous Text Message That Can’t Be Traced Back to You
Sometimes it’s preferable not to reach out to someone in a public setting when you want to express your feelings. Perhaps you’re concerned about your own personal privacy or the sensitivity of the material, and you’re seeking for a means to communicate with someone without disclosing your identity to them. Create an anonymous Facebook account to communicate with someone, or use a private email service to communicate with someone. Instead of going to the trouble of sending them an anonymous text message, you may send them an anonymous text message instead.
To be clear, virtually all of the applications and services described will allow you to conceal your identify; nonetheless, should any law enforcement agency enquire about your account, the firms will all be required to provide them with your true identity under applicable laws.
Second, the vast majority of the services that genuinely operate are those that require a financial investment from you.
How to Send an Anonymous Text Via Email
Sending anonymous SMS does not necessitate the use of a mobile phone. In order to send messages from your computer, you can choose from a number of various options. One of these methods is to send text messages to cell phones using your email address. You will, however, need to first register a new email account that does not contain any indication of your identity or use an anonymous email account that does not reveal your personal information in order to keep your content anonymous. Then, using this email address, send an anonymous text message to the recipient by following the instructions outlined below.
- Make certain that you have the correct phone number of the person to whom you will be texting. In fact, it’s a portion of the email address that you’ll be using to send the text message
- Find out which phone service provider they are using: Choose between AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, or another provider. To create an email-to-text address, you’ll need the domain names for the cell phone carriers that you’ll be using. You may either ask them personally or use one of the services that allow you to search up the person’s carrier to find out what they are using. Make a list of all of the people’s email addresses. Take the first four digits of the phone number and add the carrier domain
Here are some examples of popular carrier domains that are currently available:
- T-email Mobile’s address is @tmomail.net, whereas Verizon’s is @vtext.com (for SMS), and VZWPix.com (for MMS). Other mobile phone companies’ email addresses are: Boost Mobile’s is @myboostmobile.com, Cricket’s is @sms.mycricket.com, Cricket’s is @mms.mycricket.com, Metro PCS’s is @mymetropcs.com,
- Create an email in your usual manner and send it to the recipient’s phone number
To make your email appear more text-like, be sure to arrange it in the same way that you would a text message and keep the subject line blank. Given that you do not have any personal information associated with this email account, the individual will get an anonymous SMS message.
Mobile Apps That Allow You to Send Anonymous Texts
If you want to send messages anonymously from your phone, you may do it by utilizing one of the mobile messaging applications that provide anonymous texting features. Check that the app you’re going to use is secure, and that it has robust encryption measures before proceeding. Here are two applications that we think you’ll enjoy:
Signal has strong end-to-end encryption and does not keep any data, earning it the reputation of being one of the most secure messaging services available. The software has an option to hide your caller ID, allowing you to phone or text without being identified.
Keep an eye out for theSealed Senderoption, which allows you to send anonymous communications to anybody who has agreed to it on their end. Signal is compatible with both Android and iOS devices, and it is available for free download and usage.
TextMe Up allows you to send free unlimited messages to any phone number in the United States and Canada while using numerous phone lines. Texting does not require the purchase of any plan minutes in order to send messages to anyone, regardless of whether or not they are also TextMe Up subscribers. Using TextMe Up, you may now send photographs, audio recordings, and video calls to your friends and family. TextMe Up is a free app that works on both iOS and Android devices. A premium membership provides unlimited calling and messaging to phone lines in the United States and Canada.
Phoner is yet another excellent option if you want to send an anonymous text message that can’t be linked back to your account or identity. If you use the program, you may choose between sending secret texts from a random phone number every time or getting a set second phone number for messaging and making calls. The registration process is simple and simply needs that you provide your email address. Following that, you will be able to text and call for free while remaining anonymous. When you initially launch the app, you will be given 100 credits, which is equivalent to 5 minutes of talk time, as well as 5 SMS that you may use for free.
Phone provides a variety of tier credit packs that can be purchased for a range of prices starting at $7.99 for a Silver Credit Pack that includes 5500 credits and going up from there.
If you’re searching for a paid app for private texting and calling, CoverMe is definitely your best bet. It’s available for iOS and Android devices. A safe program that allows you to obtain a second phone number that you can use to send messages around the world anonymously is called iMessage. It’s also possible to make a private phone call to someone using the same (or a different) number, send vanishing messages, and retrieve previously sent messages. CoverMe employs end-to-end encryption, so you don’t have to be concerned about your messages and call history remaining private and confidential.
When you initially sign up with CoverMe, you’ll be asked to provide an email address, a password, as well as your age and gender identification.
After that, you may begin making phone calls and sending text messages.
The application is accessible for both Android and iOS devices.
How to Send an Anonymous Text Online
In order to send an anonymous text message to someone’s phone, you do not need to download and install any additional software on their computer.
Instead, you might make use of a web-based application to do the task on the internet.
Anonymous Text is the greatest website for sending an anonymous text message to anyone in the globe. It is available 24/7. There is a $1.49 fee to send a single text message up to 160 characters in length, which is a significant amount of money, but the text message really got through in my test and was received relatively immediately. If you want to send an international text message, just replace the +1 with the country code for the destination country. I tested all of the free services listed below, and they were all found to be lacking in functionality.
Unfortunately, there is no way to see whether or not you have received a response to your text message.
Send Messages That Can’t Be Traced Back to You
Although you may employ a service that purports to conceal your identity from the receiver, this is insufficient to ensure that your communication is genuinely anonymous. Use your work phone or computer to send a message instead of your personal phone or computer if you’re concerned about your privacy. Using a proxy server or a virtual private network (VPN) increases your chances of being entirely anonymous. If you find yourself having to send a message through your browser, make sure you do it in Incognito mode.
What approach or program did you use to do this?
How to Send an Anonymous Text
Article in PDF format Article in PDF format The prospect of communicating with others in an increasingly virtual society may be both exciting and intimidating at the same time. Despite the fact that most individuals value their anonymity, they have a difficult time maintaining it. If you’d want to send a text message while remaining anonymous, there are several options available to you. Continue reading to learn how to send an anonymous SMS message.
- 1Start by setting up a new e-mail address for yourself. If you use your personal account, the sender will be able to see your personal information, which is something you do not want to happen (name, e-mail address, etc.). Opt instead for a completely new, free e-mail service provider (such as Google or Yahoo) and create a whole new e-mail account that does not contain any of your personal information. 2 Obtain the phone number of the individual. Make careful to find out and confirm the phone number of the person you intend to text before sending the message.
- While sending an e-mail, you’ll need the recipient’s phone number as part of their e-mail address
- Even though you’re sending a letter.
- 3 Identify the person’s mode of transportation. The person you wish to text is connected to a phone carrier, such as AT T, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Metro PCS, or another provider of similar services. All of these service providers allow you to send a text message to a person’s phone from an e-mail address. You may either ask your contact personally or use one of the free look-up services listed below to determine a person’s phone carrier:
- 4 Combine your contact’s phone number with the e-mail address associated with their phone provider. In other words, you’ll create an e-mail that will be delivered to the recipient’s phone, rather than his or her email account. Simply enter the person’s ten-digit phone number (without hyphens or spaces) and then select one of the following e-mail templates for their individual carrier from the drop-down menu:
- T-Mobile sends SMS/MMS messages to [email protected]
- Verizon sends SMS/MMS messages to [email protected] and MMS messages to [email protected]
- Sprint sends SMS/MMS messages to 10digitphone[email protected] and MMS messages to [email protected]
- And AT&T sends SMS The following SMS/MMS addresses are available: Metro PCS: [email protected]
- Alltel: [email protected]
- Virgin Mobile: [email protected]
- 5 Create a new e-mail message using your newly created e-mail account. Following the completion of your research on the person you wish to text, log into your new e-mail account and begin writing a new e-mail to that individual. In the addressee line, enter the person’s phone number and the appropriate e-mail address template from the list above, followed by a period. Then press the Send button.
- The Subject line should be left blank in order to make the e-mail look more like a real text message
- Your contact will get an anonymous text message.
- 1 Choose an app for your iPhone from the list below. Although there are no iPhone applications that can disguise your real phone number, there are a plethora of apps that will generate a new, fictitious phone number from which you may send messages to others. The following is a list of a few examples of probable applications
- 1 Choose an app for your iPhone from the available options. Even while there are no iPhone applications that can disguise your real phone number, there are a variety of apps that will generate a new, fictitious phone number from which you may send messages to your contacts. There are several examples of potential applications in the list below:
- Keep in mind that while certain programs, such as Burner, are free to download, you will be required to spend credits in order to send anonymous messages
- This is something to keep in mind.
- 6 Send your text message. Once you’ve configured your texting application, you can simply compose a message from within the application. Simply enter the phone number of your contact and press the Send button.
- 1 Choose an application for your Android device. When it comes to blocking your phone number while maintaining the ability to send messages from your Android phone, there are a few choices. The following is a list of a few probable alternatives
- Anonymous texting
- Private text messaging
- Anonymous SMS
- 2Go to the Google Play Store and sign in. Tap on the Google Play icon, then on the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner of your screen to open the Google Play Store. 3 Select Store Home from the drop-down menu. Select the search icon from the toolbar. Look for the search icon in the upper right corner and press it. Then, enter the name of the application of your choosing. Alternatively, you may do a more broad search by typing Anonymous Text
- 4 Select an anonymous messaging application. Once you’ve made your decision, pick the app you’d want to download by tapping on it. Some apps are available for free, while others need a purchase.
- Based on whether or not the app is free, you will either press on Install or on the price of the app
- Depending on whether the app is free or not.
- 5Select your application and launch it. Then, once the software has done installing, you can just launch it. Some applications may supply you with a limited number of free messages, while others will need you to pay a price before you can begin utilizing the app’s features. 6 Please provide the phone number of your contact. To begin texting, select the option and then enter the phone number of your contact. Fill up the blanks with your message and click Send. The majority of applications are simple to use, and they will walk you through all of the procedures necessary to get started messaging.
- An anonymous text message will be sent to your contact’s phone.
- 1Select a web-based messaging service that is anonymous. Simple web searches may be conducted by putting keywords such as Anonymous Texting or Free Anonymous Text Messaging into a search engine. The search engine will return a variety of results
- 2 Check out the regulations of the website you’ve chosen. The service’s basic regulations often restrict you from using it to perpetrate fraud, stalking, or other types of criminal activity. In addition to the restrictions listed above, there may be rules pertaining to costs, frequency of usage, privacy, and other issues.
- Some free text messaging providers have been known to be forced to close their doors owing to misuse. Double-check to see sure the service you’re using is still operational, and pay particular attention to the Terms of Service posted on the website. It’s important to remember that these services have the capability of tracking you down depending on your IP address. In other words, if you do use the service for something illegal or shady, you will be apprehended and charged.
- Free text messaging services have been known to be suspended or even terminated due to misuse. Double-check to see that the service you’re using is still operational, and pay particular attention to the Terms of Service posted on the website
- Keep in mind that these services have the capability of tracking you down depending on your IP address, so exercise caution. In other words, if you attempt to use the service for illicit or shady purposes, you will be apprehended.
- Services that specialize in sending fully anonymous messages will often bypass the stage of requiring you to enter your phone number in their system. The provider will often produce a bogus phone number with which to send the text message in lieu of this.
- In most cases, services that specialize in purely anonymous SMS will not need you to enter your phone number. The provider will often produce a phony phone number with which to send the text message in its place.
- An anonymous text message will be sent to your contact
- Character limitations are imposed by certain free messaging services. In most cases, these character restrictions correspond to the character limits that are prevalent for messages received through mobile phone, and they can range anywhere from 130 characters to 500 characters.
Create a new question
- Question Using an email or a website, would I be able to view the answers of the person with whom I am anonymously texting? No, that’s why apps are preferred in this situation. Many websites charge for sending anonymous SMS, whereas applications are completely free. Question Someone has been sending my child scary anonymous text messages from a fictitious phone number, and I’m not sure who it is. I’m interested in knowing if they can be tracked down. Yes, you will be able to trace them down. Go to the police station so that they can assist you in tracking down the IP address of the phone, and they will have the resources necessary to do it successfully
- Otherwise, call the police. Question When someone sends an SMS using a fictitious number, would the fictitious number be recorded as having “sent SMS”? RLMARIO003Community Answer It shouldn’t be the case. The ‘Sent’ message record is saved in the phone’s records of the person who sent the message. The only time a message is returned to the sender’s phone is when the message fails, the destination is inaccessible, or some other error occurs. Question Will a response from the person to whom I sent the anonymous SMS appear on my phone if I do not get it? If you utilize an app or a website-based anonymous text messenger, the answer will vary depending on your preference. As long as you are using an app, notifications from that app should display in the notification bar just like a normal text message (if notifications are enabled for that app). Question Will it work if I use the carrier email to send a text message through my usual text messaging service? It does function when using iMessage with a Verizon wireless provider
- Question Is it possible for the person who gets the anonymous text message to reply to it? It is dependent on the application you are using. Others allow you to text back and have a real discussion with your recipient, but some applications merely allow your recipient to read the message. Question How can I find out if the phone number I used to register for a Yahoo account will appear in my phone’s contacts?RLMARIO003Community Answer It is not possible to link your phone number to your Yahoo or other Web-based mail accounts unless you provide it to them for purposes such as password recovery. If you’re using a different phone, it will only appear if you add it to your Contacts list. Question Is it still possible to track down an anonymous SMS message if I delete it? RLMARIO003Answer from the Community In cyberspace, nothing is ever truly erased out of existence. For the most part, “delete” is a fallacy that only serves to “hide anything from view.” The identification number of a phone as well as its location are recorded. The routing logs that are used to go to and from a web server are kept track of. To effectively conceal your identity on the internet, you’ll need specialized equipment and skills. Question What happens if your regular phone number is blocked? Will your fake phone number also be blocked? RLMARIO003Answer from the Community At least, not at first. You can’t send a text message to someone who has already blocked you if you go to a website and use a “fake” phone number to deliver the message. However, if they don’t like the SMS, they may also block the new, fictitious phone number. Thus, you’d have to start over with a fresh set of fictitious numbers. Question Currently, I have a Verizon iPhone plan, and the individual to whom I wish to send an anonymous text message also has a Verizon plan. Will they be able to tell who the text is from if I type their phone number without including a name in it and send it to them? Yes. They can check up your name on any of the reverse lookup websites available. If they already have your phone number and have you on their contact list, your name will appear on the list anyway. Making the mistake of entering their phone number instead of their name makes it more difficult for you and has no effect on the receiver.
More information on the replies Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Submit
- There are valid reasons to send anonymous text messages. Here are a few examples. For example, you may utilize anonymous texting to report unlawful actions to the police, report fraud to your company’s management, or to communicate sensitive information to someone about whom you are unsure whether or not that person knows who you are
- When utilizing an anonymous messaging software or service, you should think about employing a virtual private network (VPN). There are several privacy advantages to doing so
Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration!
- It is strictly prohibited to utilize anonymous texting in any manner in order to stalk, threaten, or harass someone, as well as to send scams or viruses, or to engage in any other criminal activity. Even if a service or technique is otherwise considered “anonymous,” it is possible to track out the individual who used it if necessary.
About This Article
Summary of the ArticleXIf you wish to send an anonymous text, download an app such as Pinger, Wickr, or Anonytext and open it up in your browser. Send you text messages from that location, and the recipient will never know your true phone number. It’s also possible to find anonymous texting websites on the internet, which can produce a unique phone number for you and allow you to send messages through it for free. Always read their privacy policies first to ensure that you are aware of what they do with your information.
Follow the instructions below to learn how to send text messages using email! Did you find this overview to be helpful? The writers of this page have together authored a page that has been read 1,602,703 times.
Is this article up to date?
When I’m perusing the web, I like the fact that I can be alone. That I can browse the internet without being concerned about my activities being tracked back to me is reassuring, and it allows me to write amusing, anonymous remarks when the need to troll strikes. When sending a message, it might be vital to remain anonymous, and because to the efforts of like-minded developers, it is simple to download an app or visit a website to send a message that does not include a recipient’s name or phone number.
Due to the large number of options available for sending anonymous text messages, we’re going to take care of the legwork for you.
Sending Anonymous Text Messages via Email
You may send an anonymous text message to any phone number using your email account, as long as you use a throwaway account so that it cannot be traced back to your identity. Providing you know which carrier the person you’re messaging uses, you can just put that person’s phone number into one of the following templates to send an SMS or MMS message to that individual. TELEPHONE TELEPHONE TELEPHONE TELEPHONE TELEPHONE
Verizon Wireless is a telecommunications company that operates in the United States.
For any of these carriers, the recipient of your SMS can respond to it, and you can interact back and forth between them by email and mobile device. When you get a text message in your email, the message will display as a TXT file, which you may open to see the text message. Respond to it in the same manner as you would any other email.
Sending Anonymous Text Messages with Instant Messagers
If you still use instant messaging software such as AIM or oriChat (which was deprecated in Mac OS X Mountain Lion), you may send text messages to any phone number in the world. Simply select “File” and “Send SMS” from the drop-down menu and enter the phone number and area code. Only thing you need to remember is to create bogus accounts with such instant messaging services in order to keep your identity completely hidden. You won’t be able to launch iChat for the first time until you first connect to an AIM, Me.com, Mac.com, Jabber, Google Talk, or Yahoo!
iChat is available for Mac and PC.
Free Anonymous Text Messaging Websites
As an alternative, you may quickly and simply send text messages using any one of the myriad free text messaging services available online, and you don’t even need to know which carrier the recipient uses. Pinger, which now has mobile applications available, is a fantastic alternative for secretly communicating while online. Simply create an account by providing a username and password (or logging in if you already have an account) and sending a text message to a random phone number. Additionally, you’ll receive replies directly through the website.
Register (or create an account), enter your phone number, and you’ll be all set.
You may check your messages on your mobile device if you have the necessary mobile applications.
In order to send a few text messages without receiving a response, you don’t have to sign up for anything. Instead, you may pick from one of the several dozen free text messaging services available online, such as:
The only thing you have to do is choose a nation, input the phone number of the person you’re seeking to reach, then click on “Send Message.” A place where you may put your email address indicates that the person to whom you’re sending a message has the option of replying through email. When you receive a response, the phone number that you texted will appear on the website, along with the carrier email that the system has determined. It is unfortunate that not all websites will have the ability to receive messages; thus, be careful to double-check before sending a message.
Smartphone Apps for Anonymous Texting
While there were just a few anonymous text messaging applications available a few years ago, there are currently a large number of them available in both the iOS App Store and the Google Play Store. Because there are so many applications available, I’ve narrowed the list down to just a few of my favorites, which you can see below.
- No texting required (Android and iOS)
- TextNow (available on Android and iOS)
- The textPlus app (available for Android and iOS)
- Send Me a Text Message! (AndroidandiOS)
- Apps like as Burner (for Android and iOS)
- Mustache (available exclusively for Android)
- Smiley Private Texting (available exclusively on iOS)
(1) Text for Free, (2) Text Immediately With all of the applications listed above, you’ll be able to send and receive text messages from a phone number that has been provided to you, which may be local in some cases but not others. Either an email address or a username and password will be required, but the process is simple and will have you messaging anonymously in less than a minute after completing the sign-up process. In addition, if you don’t mind spending money, there’s another fantastic software that provides you with as many burner, or throwaway, phone numbers as you want to use for phone calls and text message sending.
- Credits for extra numbers can be purchased with cash.
- Any additional applications that you use, whether on your computer or on your smartphone, please let us know in the comments area below and we will be sure to check them out!
- Plenty of suggestions are available to you.
- Maintain the security of your connection without having to pay a monthly fee.
- Purchase Right Away (80 percent off) Other great discounts to consider are as follows:
- 41 percent off a Wi-Fi analyser for the house
- A learn to code package is available for 98 percent discount. A 98 percent discount on an accounting bootcamp is available
- XSplit VCam video backdrop editor is on sale for 59 percent discount.
Cover picture courtesy of Digital Journal
How to Send an Anonymous Text
Occasionally, you may find yourself in the position of needing or wanting to send a text to someone without your phone number appearing on the other end of the text. In a world when privacy and anonymity are both gradually eroding, knowing how to send a message to someone’s phone without revealing your identity may be quite beneficial.
The ability to send an anonymous text message is a tiny measure of privacy protection, but it may prove to be one that you require in the future. This article outlines many methods for sending a text message anonymously or semi-anonymously, as well as the risks associated with doing so.
Anonymously Texting Someone
What is the procedure for sending anonymous text messages? First, let’s have a look at how it functions in its usual state. SMS messages are often sent in a package that includes the sender number, the destination number, and the text of the message. Because of this, individual packets (your text may take up one or many packets, depending on how lengthy it is) may reach the destination number and be reassembled to form a coherent message, which is the goal. By include the sending number with the packet, the sending carrier will be able to determine who should be billed for the service.
This way, the phone company will know that you sent the text and will charge you for it, but they will not provide your phone number to the person who received the message.
It is common practice for the platform to replace your sending number with its own for billing purposes; nonetheless, the service’s number is the one that is sent along to the recipient.
Because many services come and go, what follows is a list of the applications and websites that are currently operational in May of 2019.
Apps to Send an Anonymous Text
When it comes to texting, apps provide a plethora of features. For example, you may utilize applications to route text messages to your email account or to modify the fonts and layouts of your texts. Anonymous messaging is available in a few apps, either as a major feature or as an extra bonus. Here are some examples. The majority of them will function on both Android and iOS devices. All of these programs are completely free to use and provide end-to-end encryption for the highest level of security.
Private Text MessagingCalls
Calls is a private text messaging software that is exclusively available for Android devices. It has the ability to handle SMS, calls, image/file sharing, and self-destruct messages after a certain amount of time. It also offers a number of additional privacy-enhancing features that are well worth exploring. Privacy is becoming increasingly difficult to come by in our modern world. While this program allows you to send anonymous messages and conduct anonymous phone calls, it also provides end-to end encryption as well as a convenient’shake to conceal’ message feature.
Signal is an encrypted messaging software that appears to have the endorsement of Edward Snowden (the well-known and controversial leaker/whistleblower who disclosed the National Security Agency’s massive data-gathering program back in 2013). Signal encrypts conversations and texts, and it also allows you to transfer files and photographs in an encrypted format. It also has the ability to hide your caller ID while calling or messaging, which is useful if you want to send a text anonymously or contact someone in the privacy of their home.
Users can send anonymous messages to anybody who accepts sealed messages by utilizing the Sealed Sender feature, which was introduced in late 2018. (there is an option to turn this off in the settings). It is accessible for use on Windows, Android, and iOS devices.
Websites That Let You Send an Anonymous Text
For those who don’t want to download an app, there are a few websites that enable you to send anonymous SMS without having to register. Many of them have a limit on the number of messages you may send in a day, but they are generally trustworthy. We’ve tested each of these websites and found them to be adequately functional. The fundamental appearance and functionality of all of the websites are the same, and the messages evaluated were sent within two minutes of being submitted. Because these services are free, it is crucial to realize that message delivery cannot be assured.
You may send anonymous texts to any phone number in North America or internationally using the TxtEmNow website, which is a really sleek service. You will have to navigate through the advertisements in order to discover the alternatives to send a message to someone. However, the good news is that you are not need to register or provide any personal information in order to utilize our website to counteract those intrusive advertising escapades.
- Make your way to the bottom of the page by scrolling. Enter the phone number and a message, then press the Continue button. On the following page, you will be asked to confirm the information and submit the message. Your message is delivered as soon as you click on the confirmation button.
The transmission of messages might take some time, especially if the website is experiencing a significant volume of traffic. Fortunately, just reloading your web browser will provide you with the most recent information.
However, although the website appears to be from the 1990s, the text ’emis is virtually same. Whatever the case, the website accomplishes its objectives. Fill out the form with the phone number, the carrier, and the message. Complete the Captcha and agree to the Terms of Service before clicking Send Message. The site appears to include the vast majority of North American airlines, with a few overseas carriers thrown in for good measure.
SendAnonymousSMSdoes exactly what it says on the tin: it sends an anonymous message to any receiver in virtually any country. The website is well-organized and simple to navigate. Fill out the form with the sender’s phone number, the country, the delivery number, and the message you want to send. Then you’ll need to input the Captcha code and send an SMS. Delivery was quite slow with this one, and it’s not entirely apparent why you had to provide your phone number before sending the message. It might be that this website aims to track or eradicate unlawful behavior.
TextForFree.net is another another website with a very simple design that does the job well. Despite the fact that this site appears to only function in the United States, it does transmit the message as long as you use one of the permitted carriers. Enter the phone number, the message header, and the message itself, and then select the appropriate phone service provider from the drop-down menu. Click on Send Free Text Message at the bottom of the page, and delivery will take some time, but it will eventually arrive.
In all, there are two excellent applications and four excellent websites that will allow you to send anonymous messages for no cost. Each has its own set of advantages and disadvantages, but they are all successful.
Anonymous Texting: How to Text Privately
- Using SMS gateways is a good idea: Fill out the form phone [email protected] gateway address to send texts to other phone numbers through email
- Disable caller identification: TapPhonethree dotsSettingson Android andSettingsPhone to access the settings menu. Show My Caller IDon iOS
- Show My Caller IDon Android
- Show My Caller IDon iOS
- As an anonymous phone number, use a second phone number from a VoIP provider such as Google Voice or Skype.
Sometimes we need to text someone, but we don’t want them to know who we are or what our phone number is. Fortunately, there is a solution to preserve your privacy by just showing a certain email address on the internet.
Send an Anonymous Text With SMS Gateways
The most straightforward method of texting anonymously is to utilize SMS gateways, which require only an email address. Any email sent to your phone number is sent to your phone as a text message, and all major carriers provide this service. Your phone number acts as both an email address and a text message delivery service. Example: If your friend’s phone number is 555-867-5309 and they use Sprint, you may send an email to [email protected] from your email address to let them know you’re thinking of them.
This is especially beneficial if you’ve been contacting someone you don’t know well or if you can’t recall their email address from the previous email.
However, there are two drawbacks to this approach:
- Because to the nature of the SMS gateway protocol, messages longer than 160 characters are split up
- Messages longer than 160 characters are not broken up. It is possible that lengthier messages will be delivered out of order, or that certain messages in the series will not be sent at all
- Fees: Text messaging fees will be charged to the individual who receives your message, so be kind in your use of the service.
Your email address will display as the “sender” of the text message when using text-to-email functionality. You may establish a “burner” email address, which is an email account that does not have any links to your identity, in order to make this more anonymous. Consider jotting down these email addresses and putting them in your address book for close friends and family members who you see frequently. It’s a convenient method to send them a text message without having to switch to your phone.
Simply swap their ten-digit number for the following:
- Sprint: SMS/MMS:@messaging.sprintpcs.com
- T-Mobile: SMS/MMS:@tmomail.net
- Verizon Wireless: SMS:@vtext.com
- AT&T: @txt.att.net
Keep in mind that if you wish to send an image or video, you should use an MMS (multimedia messaging service) address instead. Use an SMS address if you just want to send text messages.
Send an Anonymous Text via Instant Messenger Apps
If you had an older Mac, you might recall using chat apps like AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) or iChat. These also allow for the transmission of messages to mobile phones. Many current services allow you to send text messages to phone numbers, generally by entering the phone number into the “send” section on the service’s website. Depending on the program you use, this may also include capabilities such as end-to-end encryption and self-destructing messages, among other things. You’ll need to create a new account that has no connections to your identity, as well as a new email address, in order to protect your privacy.
How to Block Your Number When Texting
Another approach is to configure your phone to withhold your phone number until you call it back. In order to keep your phone number as private as possible and prevent it from being shared with outsiders, this is the ideal option. However, this will not prevent you from doing operations such as dialing a number that has sent you a text, and depending on your phone and carrier, it may cause other functionalities on your phone to malfunction. After selecting this option, you will often receive a warning informing you of the functions that have been disrupted.
Make it clear to everyone that your phone number has been withheld, and be prepared for a few of your initial texts to go unanswered. Many individuals still link withheld phone numbers with scam calls, even if this has changed.
Withhold Number on Android
- Open your phone’s application and choose the keypad
- SelectSettings from the three dots in the top right-hand corner of the screen. On your phone, select eitherCall Settings orPhone Settings, depending on your preference. TapCaller IDHide the caller’s identity. Look for and tap eitherAdvanced SettingsorAdditional Settings if you don’t see Caller ID when you first log in.
Withhold Number on iOS
- SelectPhoneShow My Caller ID
- Toggle theShow My Caller IDtoggle to the off position to turn off the function.
Use a “Burner” Number for Anonymous Texting
Additionally, you may utilize a throwaway phone number, which is commonly referred to as a “burner,” to send text messages without being identified. The usage of these services is especially beneficial for persons who do not want their phone number to be shared or who wish to communicate in a one-way fashion. It is also possible to keep burner numbers and use them for other purposes, such as a number to enter contests or to reroute annoying calls to a voicemail box that you can check later. There are various options for obtaining a second phone number that is functionally anonymous, but the quickest and most straightforward is to sign up for a VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) number.
Several services, such as Skype, will need you to “purchase” a phone number, whilst others, such as Google Voice, will just provide you with one as part of your Gmail account.
A free number linked to your Gmail account, for example, will be assigned to you, and you will be able to make free phone calls and text messages, but only to numbers in the United States or Canada.
Thank you for informing us about this!
How to Call and text anonymously
The seemingly limitless array of applications on our smartphones makes it easy to forget that we can still use our phones to send text messages and make phone calls from time to time. Since privacy and internet safety issues have been increasingly prevalent in recent years, you might feel that there is no way to text or phone anonymously. This is not always true. Fortunately, there is. When setting up their smartphone, the vast majority of users use their real name and attach the device to their personal email account.
- However, with a few easy tactics or the use of third-party programs, it is possible to phone and text anonymously in several situations.
- Use a virtual phone number instead.
- It’s possible that you’d just want to interact with someone in a safe and encrypted manner, so that no one other than the two of you has access to your conversation.
- Here’s how to go about it.
There are a variety of reasons why you might not want specific individuals or organizations to have access to your personal telephone number. You may wish to avoid telemarketers, frauds, robocalls, or even stalkers, to name a few potential dangers. When you make a phone call, the default setting on every smartphone is for your phone number to be displayed on the screen. Caller ID must be hidden in your phone app’s settings in order to make an anonymous call, therefore make sure to do so. In this case, the person you call will not see your actual phone number, but will only be aware that they have been contacted by a “private number,” rather than your actual phone number.
Different mobile operating systems have different options for concealing your caller ID, but we’ll walk you through the basics of hiding your caller ID on smartphones running on Android or iOS operating systems.
Hiding caller ID in Android
There are several Android versions available on the market. The settings menu is frequently modified as new versions are released and as new features are added. Depending on whether or not your phone is completely updated, as well as whether or not it is running a different developer skin (such as one created by Samsung or Motorola), your settings menu may appear somewhat different from the photos shown here. Alternatively, you may simply search for the appropriate keywords and finally come across what you’re searching for.
Want to keep your Android device’s caller ID hidden?
Take the following steps to get started:
- Launch the phone application on your smartphone. This is the app that you use to communicate with people. In most cases, the app is located in the bottom left corner of the home screen and has the appearance of a (green) square with a phone inside it. Select “Settings” from the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen. “Call Settings” should be opened. Make a selection from the SIM card that you are presently using. It is possible to skip this step if your smartphone only has one SIM card installed. Select “more settings” from the drop-down menu. Select “Caller ID” from the drop-down menu. Select “Hide Number” from the drop-down menu.
Your phone number will no longer be accessible to anybody who calls you from this point on. This is beneficial in terms of privacy, but it can also have negative consequences. Don’t be shocked if you see a decrease in the number of people who answer their phone when you call them.
Hiding Caller ID in iOS (iPhone)
As with Android, hiding your caller ID on iOS is a straightforward process that takes only a few seconds. Here’s how to go about it:
- Open the settings application on your iPhone
- Select ” Phone ” from the drop-down menu. Select ” Display my Caller ID” from the drop-down menu. Toggle the “Show my Caller ID” setting so that it is not displayed
Making a single anonymous call
It is also feasible to make a secret phone call to someone by prefixing the number you are calling with a tiny number code. You will save time by not having to go through all of your settings and then change them back when you want your phone number to be visible again. If all you want is to make a single private phone call, all you have to do is figure out which country code to append to the end of the phone number you want to contact.
|*67||United States (except AT T), Canada (landline), New Zealand (Vodafone phones)|
|31||United States (AT T phones), Australia (mobile), Albania, Argentina (mobile), Bulgaria (mobile), Denmark, Canada (mobile), France, Germany (some mobile providers), Greece (mobile), India (only after network unlock), Israel (mobile), Italy (mobile), Netherlands (KPN phones), South Africa (mobile), Spain (mobile), Sweden, Switzerland (mobile)|
|*31||Argentina (landline), Germany, Switzerland (landline)|
|*31*||Greece (landline), Iceland, Netherlands (most carriers), Romania, South Africa (Telkom phones)|
|0197||New Zealand (Telecom or Spark phones)|
|1167||Rotary phones in North America|
|*9||Nepal (NTC prepaid/postpaid phones only)|
|*32||Pakistan (PTCL phones)|
|*23 or *23||South Korea|
|141||United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland|
If your phone operates on the GSM network (as do the vast majority of Android devices), you can always dial 31 to have your caller ID blocked. The same holds true if you’re still unsure about which code to employ. 31works in the majority of situations.
It is also feasible to send anonymous text messages with the use of dedicated websites. If you choose to do so, please be advised that there are several fraudulent messaging services available on the internet, and that you should exercise caution when doing so. They claim to transmit your text messages, but instead attempt to infect your device with malware by installing malware on it. In the meantime, your text is never even received. If you ever receive an unusual text message from an unknown sender, make a point of never clicking on any links contained within the message.
Anonymoustext.com is a reputable website that truly sends out your anonymous SMS on your behalf.
This service can be accessed by following the instructions outlined in this document:
- Choose how you want the sender’s identity to appear on the recipient’s device by going to the anonymoustext.com website. Keep this set to “Anonymous” is the most apparent decision here. You may, however, specify whether a phone number from the United Kingdom or the United States is shown. Fill in the recipient’s phone number in the appropriate field. Do not forget to include the appropriate country code. Fill in the blanks with the message you want to send
- Decide whether you want it to be sent immediately or at a later time. Continue by pressing the enter key. Pay for your text message. You may pay using PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, or a credit card
- However, you cannot pay with a debit card.
Anonymoustext.com provides a dependable service, although it is not very inexpensive. A single text message might cost you as much as $1.25 per message. However, if you desire to send more than one anonymous text message, there are specific alternatives available: “Sending a text message costs $1.25 each message. A text message that is more than 160 characters is charged $0.25 more every additional message.
You may make a payment using PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, or a credit card, among other methods. It is a one-time payment, and there is no subscription associated with it. “There will be no payment to the person who received the text message.”
Encrypted VoIP and text messaging
The fact that you don’t want to be identified by the individual with whom you’re interacting is not always a source of concern. When communicating privately, there are a variety of third-party applications available that might help you remain anonymous from any strangers who might be listening in on your communication. Fortunately, most of these alternative applications are completely free and accessible to everyone with an internet connection. The default apps that are pre-installed on your smartphone are frequently insufficiently safeguarded against possible spying by other parties.
Therefore, they are excellent tools for whistleblowers, journalists, those living in authoritarian nations, or anybody who just wishes to interact in a secret manner with others.
The website privacytools.io is a helpful resource for evaluating private communication applications.
Signal: encrypted calling and texting
Signal was created expressly for the purpose of secure, encrypted communication. All of its messages and phone calls are safeguarded throughend-to-end encryption. Aside from that, Signal has a variety of handy features, such as a timeframe for messages to self-destruct and a message deletion function. Signal is a 100% free app that is accessible for Android, iPhone, and Windows devices, among other platforms.
Linphone: encrypted VoIP
Linphoneis a really good alternative if you want to make a video call to someone in a safe and secure environment. The program is fully free and open-source, and it is available on the internet. Android, iOS, and Linux are the platforms on which it is available. Linphone uses end-to-end encryption to ensure the security of all messages exchanged over the service.
There are a variety of options for communicating safely and anonymously by text and phone call. Hide your caller ID, send out your messages through an external website, or utilize a third-party software that enables end-to-end encryption for any communications you send are all options available to you. Finally, we’d like to point out that these advice and tools are in place to ensure that users’ privacy and security are protected. They are not intended to be used in an abusive or harassing manner.
It is crucial to maintain your privacy, but doing so should not come at the price of others.