How to add text to TikTok videos
- Open TikTok and tap +.
- Record or upload your video.
- In the editor, tap the Text button.
- Type your caption.
- Select the font and color.
- Tap Done.
- 1 Can you send messages on TikTok?
- 2 Why can’t I send messages on TikTok?
- 3 How do I enable text on TikTok?
- 4 Where is the text option on TikTok?
- 5 Why does TikTok need my phone number?
- 6 Why did TikTok remove direct messaging?
- 7 Who can send me messages on TikTok?
- 8 How do you add text to TikTok after posting?
- 9 How do you make TikTok videos with dialogue?
- 10 How do you insert text into a picture?
- 11 Direct Messages
- 12 How To Send a Message on Tik Tok
- 13 Navigating TikTok
- 14 The Interface
- 15 Send a message on TikTok
- 16 Stop users sending you messages
- 17 Unable to send messages on TikTok
- 18 How to add text on TikTok and customize it to your video
- 19 How to add text on TikTok
- 20 How to edit text you’ve added on TikTok
- 21 How to customize duration of text on TikTok
- 22 How to DM Someone in TikTok
- 23 Direct Messaging
- 24 How to Opt-Out of DMs
- 25 Why Can’t I Send a DM?
- 26 Frequently Asked Questions
- 27 In Closing, TikTok Community Guidelines
- 28 How to add text to a TikTok, plus step-by-step instructions
- 29 How to add text to a TikTok video in Vimeo Create
- 30 Why add text to your TikTok?
- 31 Repurposing your TikTok for your marketing
- 32 Get started on your first TikTok
- 33 How to Add Text to TikTok Videos
- 34 How to Edit Text on TikTok
- 35 Set the Duration for TikTok Video Text and Make Text Disappear
- 36 Convert Text to Speech on Your TikTok Video
- 37 Make Your TikTok Videos More Interesting
- 38 How to Chat on TikTok on Android
- 39 About This Article
- 40 Is this article up to date?
- 41 (1) How to add text to TikTok from within the TikTok app:
- 42 (2) How to add text to certain parts of a TikTok (Set duration)
- 43 (3) How to add text to TikTok: The easiest way!
- 44 How to Add Text on TikTok
- 45 How to Add Text on TikTok with Kapwing
Can you send messages on TikTok?
Send a DM Using the Inbox Icon When you open the TikTok app, you’ll see an inbox icon at the bottom. At the top right corner, you’ll see the icon for direct messages. Press it and you’ll see a list of people you’re following. Tap on a person and you’ll be promptly directed to compose your message.
Why can’t I send messages on TikTok?
You can’t send messages on TikTok either because you’re under the age of 16, you’re not mutual followers with the user, or the user has set their safety setting to “Nobody”. Secondly, if you’re not mutual followers with the user, you may not be able to send a message to them.
How do I enable text on TikTok?
If this is something you’re interested in, here’s how to set it up:
- Record your video.
- When you’ve finished recording, press the Text button at the bottom of the screen.
- Type what you want to say and press elsewhere on the screen to finish the text.
- Press and hold the text you just typed out.
- Select “Text-to-Speech.”
Where is the text option on TikTok?
Once TikTok takes you to the video editing menu, tap the Text icon (Aa) at the bottom of the screen. Type the text you want to place on your video. Select your preferred color by tapping one of the round color dots. Just above the color icons, select your preferred font by tapping any of the font names.
Why does TikTok need my phone number?
You must be aware that Like Whatsapp and many other similar apps, TikTok needs your phone number for registration. Without which you won’t be able to create an active account on TikTok.
Why did TikTok remove direct messaging?
The company on Thursday announced its decision to disable private messaging for under-16s, it announced in a blog post. TikTok said the change was “part of our commitment to improve safety on TikTok.” The change will take effect on April 30 and TikTok said it will send a notification to users soon alerting them.
Who can send me messages on TikTok?
Who can send me a DM? Only your friends can send you a direct message. That means that you need to follow each other for a user to communicate with you privately. It doesn’t matter if you have a private or public profile.
How do you add text to TikTok after posting?
You can add a text caption to your TikTok videos after you finish recording your video in the app and you have tapped on the checkmark. You click the text field in the right-hand corner, then more video options appear, including text color and font.
How do you make TikTok videos with dialogue?
Using an edited audio dialogue clip
- Record an audio dialogue in video or find a clip with a dialogue you want to use.
- Edit the video using a third-party app.
- Open the TikTok app and tap on +.
- Tap on Upload.
- Upload the clip with the audio dialogue you want to use.
- Tap on Next, then tap on Next again.
How do you insert text into a picture?
Add Text to Photos on Android Using Google Photos
- Open a photo in Google Photos.
- At the bottom of the photo, tap Edit (three horizontal lines).
- Tap the Markup icon (squiggly line). You can also select the color of text from this screen.
- Tap the Text tool and enter your desired text.
- Select Done when you’ve finished.
Direct messaging on TikTok allows you to send a message to someone else who is also using the app. There are a few things you should know regarding direct messaging: Direct messaging on TikTok is only available to registered account holders who are 16 years old or older, according to the company. Through the use of Family Pairing, parents and caregivers can place limits on this function. Find out more about the Family Pairing program. It is not possible to share private videos. It will be inaccessible and you will be unable to see the video if the author of the video changes the video status from public to private after you shared it in an email message.
Take note that if you change your direct message option from Everyone to No One, you will no longer be able to receive direct messages.
Send a direct message
To send a direct message to someone on TikTok, follow these steps: 1. TapInboxat the bottom of your screen. 2. Type the message you want to send. 2. Select the aircraft icon in the upper right corner of your Inbox. 3. From here, you may do the following: In the event that you follow someone and they return the favor, you can tap their name to send a direct message to them. Followers who do not follow you back can send a direct message by tapping the Plus symbol in the upper right corner of the screen and then tapping their name.
To share a video that has been posted on TikTok, follow these steps: 1. To share a video, click on the arrow symbol to the right of the video you want to share. 2. From here, select the profile photo of the individual you like to share with from the drop-down menu belowSend to. Message may be found underneath the Share to section.
Then click on the circle next to the name of the person you want to share it with and select Send. You have the option of sharing with numerous persons.
Please keep in mind that private movies cannot be shared. It will be inaccessible and you will be unable to see the video if the author of the video changes the video status from public to private after you shared it in an email message. To share an effect, a hashtag, or a sound, use the following syntax: 1. Locate the effect, hashtag, or sound that you’d like to share with others. To search, select Discover from the drop-down menu at the bottom of your screen and type what you’re searching for into the search box.
Then click on the circle next to the name of the person you want to share it with and select Send.
Get to your direct messages
TikTok videos can be shared in the following ways: Step 1: To share a video, select it and tap the arrow button on the right. 2: Select the profile photo of the individual you like to share with from the drop-down menu belowSend to. Message may be found underneath the Share to field. To share it with someone, select them by tapping their circle and then selecting Send. Several persons might be chosen to get the information from you at once. Please keep in mind that private movies cannot be shared with others.
- To share an effect, a hashtag, or a sound, use the following format: 1.
- If you want to search, go to the bottom of your screen and press Discover.
- A video effect, hashtag, or sound may also be shared by just tapping on it while it’s still playing.
- Click on the arrow in the upper right corner of your screen.
- To share it with someone, select them by tapping their circle and then selecting Send.
Manage direct message conversations
A discussion can be deleted or muted from your message list if you want to remove or turn off alerts for that chat. When you delete a communication, it merely removes it from your view point. The person to whom you sent the messages can still view the messages you sent them to. 1. SelectInboxfrom the drop-down menu at the bottom of your screen. 2. Select the aircraft icon in the upper right corner of your Inbox. Delete the discussion by swiping left on an iPhone or long pressing on an Android device, or Mute to turn off alerts.
- Toggle notifications on and off by tapping thetoggle symbol next toMute notifications.
- You are strongly encouraged to contact us if you receive a communication that violates our Community Guidelines.
- On TikTok, you may block someone.
- Learn how to block someone else on TikTok by watching this video.
Change privacy settings for direct messages
To alter who has the ability to send you direct messages, follow these steps: 1. To access your profile, selectProfilein the bottom right corner of the screen. 2. To access your settings, select the three-line symbol in the upper right corner. 3. Select Privacy, then Direct Messages from the drop-down menu. 4. Select the people that you want to be able to send you direct messages. Take note that if you change your direct message option from Everyone to No One, you will no longer be able to receive direct messages.
You may still see your previous direct messages in the Direct messages area of your Inbox, but you will not be able to send or receive new direct messages in those discussions.
How To Send a Message on Tik Tok
What is the best way to send a message on TikTok? TikTok is becoming increasingly popular, and you’re not alone in your enthusiasm. Every month, thousands of new users join, and it appears that many of you are still learning how to utilize our video program. The design is extremely simple, but unless you’re under the age of 16 or have someone who can show you how to do it, it may take some time to perfect. Today, we’ll go through the fundamentals of TikTok, such as how to send a message to someone.
With any case, you may be conversing with friends or making new acquaintances in this app in a very short period of time.
As soon as you download and install the TikTok app, you’ll be prompted to establish an account using your phone number, email address, or Facebook login credentials. After that, you may choose a username and upload a profile photo. If you want to include a video in your bio, you may do it right away or go back to the settings and do it later. After that, you’ll be sent to the app. This is a system feed of videos selected at random for you, which you will watch underFor You. As the app gets to know you better, it will fine-tune this to reflect what it believes you will like the most.
An symbol representing the user’s profile is displayed to the right of each video, followed by a heart icon that acts in the same way as Facebook Likes and a speech bubble for comments.
Under that is a sharing icon, which allows you to share the video on other social media networks, and lastly, a tracklisting for the audio that is played during the video.
Understanding the UI (or all of the buttons and choices available in the TikTok app) is a rather straightforward process. It does make it easy to distinguish between the different roles. As soon as you launch the app, videos begin to play without any delay. Despite the fact that the algorithm behind TikTok is a closely guarded secret, the videos you watch are almost always related to your location, language, and hobbies.
- You can access the choices from the home screen, which are located at the top of the screen to the right, and at the bottom of the app. By selecting the home option, you will be sent to the main page of the app, where videos are immediately played. It is possible to search for other users using the ‘Search’ feature (which is only accessible in the app version). If you want to create your own fabulously faultless and original TikTok videos, you should press on the ‘Plus’ symbol in the centre of the screen. You will be able to check your activity by selecting the symbol to the right of the ‘Plus’ button. This includes any comments, mentions, and new followers that may have occurred. The ‘Me’ option, which is located on the far right, allows you to access the settings, your profile, and other administrative-type features
- Click on it.
Send a message on TikTok
When communicating with someone on TikTok, you have a few of options. They allow you to remark on a video they have published, react to a comment they have made on one of your films, and contact them directly through their profile. To send a message on TikTok, you must first be friends with or follow the account in question. For messages, it depends on the receiver’s privacy settings, which may be set to either public or friends only for the recipient. In the TikTok app, go to the ‘Me’ menu and then to ‘Following,’ which will take you to your list of friends who have followed you.
If the user is someone who you have recently friended, you may visit their profile by tapping on the symbol that appears like a message next to the plus sign, which looks like a message. Using this shortcut will send you to your recent activity, which is a tiny shortcut to the messaging option.
TikTok has tightened its regulations in order to safeguard its younger viewers and to avoid spam. There are a few things you can’t do using TikTok’s messaging function, including the following:
- Those under the age of sixteen do not have access to messaging (there’s a whole law about it, and they’ve paid millions of dollars in fines for breaking it, if you’re wondering why)
- Those under the age of eighteen do not have access to messaging
- And those under the age of eighteen do not have access to messaging. To be able to send messages, you must first create a legitimate phone number. If you’re interested, there’s a whole anti-spam stuff going on here
Even while it’s fair that some users be dissatisfied with these limits, they do serve to preserve the general user experience. Those who do not adhere to the criteria can still leave comments on videos and follow the makers who interest them the most. The small speech-bubble symbol to the right of the video will be visible if you navigated through the For You screen shown above throughout your navigation. You will be able to post a comment on it from this point forward. To make a remark, click on the speech bubble or the text “Say Something Nice” and type your message.
By selecting the video in question and pressing the speech bubble, you will be able to see any comments that have been left on it.
You may respond to a remark by tapping it, giving it a heart, or like it.
Stop users sending you messages
TikTok makes every effort to avoid abuse when at all feasible, but nothing is flawless. If you discover that someone is constantly contacting you and creating a nuisance of themselves, you may want to restrict who has the ability to send messages to you.
- From the main screen, click on your profile symbol to access it. Select Settings or the three-dot symbol situated in the top right corner of the screen. In your profile screen, click on the Privacy option. Continue scrolling down to Safety and making changes to the settings for Who can send you direct messages, Who can Duet with your videos, Who can Stitch with your videos, Who can browse your favorite videos, and Who can comment on your videos.
You have the option of making your account private, public, or only accessible to friends. Set the above to Everyone if you want your account to be visible to the public, and Friends if you want it to be visible to friends only. You get the gist of it. Changing this option can assist you in dealing with any negativity you may be experiencing while on TikTok. That should be the exception rather than the rule, yet it does happen.
Unable to send messages on TikTok
It is possible that you will receive a ‘Unable to transmit’ notice while attempting to leave a remark or message on TikTok from time to time. This is frequently a temporary issue caused by a fault with the TikTok messaging system or a requirement to download an updated version of the program. There were a couple of instances when I saw this, and each times it was an update to the TikTok app that I hadn’t noticed or downloaded previously. TikTok does not provide you with an explanation as to why you are unable to execute certain tasks, thus you should always check for an update.
How to add text on TikTok and customize it to your video
- By hitting theAabutton on the screen, you may add text to a TikTok that has already been recorded. In addition, you may make changes to the text you’ve entered by touching on it and selecting theEditbutton
- You may also dictate the length of your text using the app’s timing slider feature, if that is what you want. More stories may be found in Insider’s Tech Reference collection
- Click here.
You could be overwhelmed by the number of tools and editing choices available if you’re new to TikTok or it’s been a long since you’ve posted something. Text may be used to enhance your films in a variety of ways. You may also change the location and timing of where and when the text shows on the screen. This video will show you how to utilize the text tool on TikTok.
How to add text on TikTok
The following steps will guide you through the process of adding text to your TikTok video once you’ve recorded it on your iPhone or Android and selected the check mark in the bottom-right corner of the screen: 1. Select the Text option from the drop-down menu (it has theAasymbol above it). Select “Text” from the drop-down menu.
Devon Delfino is an American football player who plays for the Los Angeles Lakers. He is a member of the Los Angeles Lakers’ first-round pick, the Los Angeles Lakers. 2.Fill up the blanks with your wording. 3.Customize the text by selecting one of the choices available:
- By touching theA button on the left-hand side of the screen, you may highlight certain parts of the text. Changing the font is also possible through the options mentioned on the top-left side of the text menu, and changing the color is accomplished by picking an option from the colored circles at the bottom of the screen
- Other possibilities include:
Fill in the blanks with your content and adjust it to your liking using the options provided on the screen. Devon Delfino is an American football player who plays for the Los Angeles Lakers. He is a member of the Los Angeles Lakers’ first-round pick, the Los Angeles Lakers. 4.When you’re finished, tapDonin the top-right corner of the screen, having in mind that you will only be able to adjust the text’s positioning and timing once you have done so. 5. To place the text where you want it to appear, drag it to the desired location on the screen.
How to edit text you’ve added on TikTok
Using your TikTok draft, tap the text to show a variety of possibilities. 2.SelectEdit. In the pop-up menu, select “Edit.” Devon Delfino3 is a member of the Devon Delfino3 basketball team. After making the adjustments you wish, hit the “Done” button when you’re finished.
How to customize duration of text on TikTok
1. Tap the text on your TikTok draft to make it visible. 2.Choose a duration and press OK. Upon clicking on this, you will be sent to a screen where you may customize when the text shows and, if wanted, when it vanishes. 3.To choose a start and finish time, move the timing bar so that it corresponds with the timings you choose. Drag the timing bar to change the length of time the text shows on the screen and the time it appears. Devon Delfino is an American football player who plays for the Los Angeles Lakers.
- 4.By tapping on the playbutton, which is placed directly above the editing bar, you can preview how your content will appear.
- If you want to make your timing adjustments official, click on the check mark.
- He is a member of the Los Angeles Lakers’ first-round pick, the Los Angeles Lakers.
- He has written for a variety of publications, including the New York Times.
- Follow her on Twitter, where she goes by the handle @devondelfino.
How to DM Someone in TikTok
TikTok drafts may be created by tapping the text on your screen. The duration is set in step two of the selection procedure. Upon clicking on this, you will be sent to a screen where you may control when the text shows and, if desired, when it vanishes. 3.To choose a start and finish time, move the timing bar so that it corresponds to the times you want to use. If you want to customize how long and when the text shows on the screen, you may alter the timing bar. Devon Delfino is an American football player who plays for the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Using the playbutton, which is placed right above the editing bar, you may preview how your text will appear once it has been edited.
- To make your time changes official, click on the check mark button.
- He is a member of the Los Angeles Lakers’ first-round draft pick in the 2007 NFL Draft.
- He has written for publications such as the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal.
Published in magazines such as The Los Angeles Times, Teen Vogue, Entrepreneur, Business Insider, and CNBC, her work has received national attention. Follow her on Twitter at @devondelfino for the latest news and information.
Direct messaging is a kind of communication between two people that is kept secret. For example, the term “direct” suggests that it is not visible to others, as opposed to comments, for example. In the case of Facebook direct messaging, it is entirely up to you whether or not to engage in it. Some people prefer not to entirely disable it since, after all, you can always ignore anybody you choose. This is an option available on TikTok, just like it is on all other apps. This is the procedure to follow if you want to know how to send someone a Direct Message on TikTok: On TikTok, you may send a direct message in one of two methods.
Send a DM Using the Inbox Icon
When you first use the TikTok app, you’ll see an inbox icon at the bottom of the screen. When you click on it, you will be sent to the activity page. The symbol for direct communications may be found in the top right corner of the screen. When you click on it, you’ll be presented with a list of the individuals you’re following. When you click on a person, you will be sent to a page where you may create your message.
Send a DM Through a Users’ Profile
Another method of sending a direct message to one of your followers is as follows:
- Visit their profile page without leaving your current page. Click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen. A panel will appear on the screen. Select the “Send message” option from the drop-down menu.
How to Opt-Out of DMs
TikTok does allow you a bit more control over your mailbox than other popular social networking platforms, but it is still not perfect. It is possible to configure your settings to only accept DMs from specific sorts of individuals, in addition to just barring undesired persons. Choose whether to receive communications from ‘everyone,’ “friends,” or “no one” as they arrive. To make changes to these settings, simply follow these steps:
- Go to your profile page and fill out the form. To access the three dots in the upper right corner, click on them. Choose “Privacy”
- Choose “Who can send you messages.”
- Choose “Who can send you messages.” The solution that best meets your requirements should be selected from the list.
Take note that even if you set this option to ‘Friends’ or ‘No one,’ anyone with whom you have already communicated will be able to continue to contact you through message.
Why Can’t I Send a DM?
There have been a number of complaints from users on TikTok who have been unable to send direct messages for a variety of reasons. When compared to social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram, where you can send a message to someone who isn’t your friend (though the message will go to a ‘Message Requests’ inbox), TikTok doesn’t always allow you to send messages. The first thing to keep in mind with TikTok DMs is that in order to send them, you must be friends with the person who will receive them and you must have registered your phone number with the app.
- The second point to mention is that TikTok has prohibited individuals under the age of 16 from sending messages (although this may vary by region).
- As a result, if you see an error notice, double-check that you entered your phone number correctly while setting up the app.
- Next, verify your internet connection to make sure everything is working properly.
- If you’re currently connected to WiFi, consider switching to cellular data.
While there has never been any confirmation of message constraints, it is possible to follow too many people at the same time without receiving an error. As a result, we may infer that some users are sending an excessive number of random DMs in a short period of time.
Frequently Asked Questions
As previously indicated, you have the option of fully disabling the DM feature. However, this does not restrict the problem down to one or two bothersome users; instead, turning off this function means that no one may message you. It’s normal to worry if you’ll be able to prevent merely one or two persons from sending you direct messages. The only method to accomplish this is to fully disable that individual’s account. We’ve written a full essay on it specifically for you.
Can I DM someone on TikTok without a phone number?
Unfortunately, this is not the case. In order to use all of the features of TikTok, you will need to provide your phone number. However, you can make use of a Google Number or another temporary phone number resource to make the feature available. It’s important to remember that using this option may result in difficulties logging in and recovering your account in the future. You should contact theTikTok support team for assistance if you receive an error code when sending a DM to someone stating that you require a phone number, but you already have one registered with the app.
In Closing, TikTok Community Guidelines
TikTok’s meteoric rise to fame in recent months, although interesting, has also raised some worries. Because the vast majority of the app’s users are extremely young people, primarily youngsters under the age of majority, the firm has developed strict community standards. Direct texting is included in this category. It is possible to restrict users from sending improper messages, in addition to denying them the ability to DM anybody who is not following you. This may be accomplished by going to that discussion and clicking on the three dots, followed by “Report” or “Block.” This will forward the message in issue to the appropriate moderators for evaluation, as well as blocking the individual from seeing your profile or contacting you in any other manner while doing so.
How to add text to a TikTok, plus step-by-step instructions
Let’s be honest about this. TikTok has a very addictive quality to it. Users of the TikTok app spend an average of more than 850 minutes every month on the app, and that figure is only increasing. TikTok’s algorithm is also well-known for being extremely targeted, which is a godsend for companies and small businesses trying to get their films in front of a certain audience. Because TikToks allow you to include text, you may include a great deal of useful information in your films. You will have learned the following by the conclusion of this post:
- In the TikTok editor as well as in Vimeo Create, you may add text to your videos. Why captions are crucial, as well as suggestions for writing effective ones
- Techniques for repurposing your TikToks for other marketing purposes
- In addition, there are some useful suggestions.
Let’s get this party started.
New to Tiktok marketing?
Using the TikTok editor, you can easily add text to your videos on TikTok. It’s a rather straightforward process. Take the following six steps: Step 1: Create a new Tik Tok by pressing the “+” button on your keyboard. You have the option of creating a new video, editing an existing one, or uploading a video from your camera roll. Step 2: Edit your video until you are satisfied with the results, then click “Next.” Step 3: Select “Text” from the drop-down menu at the bottom of the screen. Make use of the keyboard to type whatever you want to say.
Changing the size and placement of your text may be accomplished by pinching and dragging it around on the screen.
To have your text show and disappear at specific times, pick “Edit” and then select “Duration” from the drop-down menu next to the text.
Choose when you want your text to appear and disappear by moving the scale to the right or left, and then play it back to be sure you’ve got the time down pat. Step 6: To save your results and ready your TikTok for publishing, click on the checkmark in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
How to add text to a TikTok video in Vimeo Create
Using the TikTok onVimeo Create technique (which is also simple!) you may add text to your video: Step 1: Either use one of our TikTok templates to start your film from scratch or tweak one of our existing templates. As soon as your movie has been modified and is ready to be used, locate the scene where you want to insert your text. Step 2: Select “Text” from the dropdown menu that appears when you click the “+” sign in the top-left corner of the screen. A text box will be added to the scene as a result of this.
- Additionally, you have the ability to highlight your text in this box.
- You have now successfully added text to your TikTok!
- Alternatively, you may edit your content even further by following the remaining steps outlined below.
- Using the slider, you may change the size of your text.
- Choosing a font from our list of compatible fonts and aligning your text in the text box are the final steps.
- Step 9:You may also use the highlight tool to draw attention to certain words within the text scene.
- These symbols, arranged from left to right, represent:
- To modify your text, use the pen tool
- To copy and paste, use the duplicate icon
- To move your text up or down, use the shift icon
- And to delete your text, use the trash icon.
Why add text to your TikTok?
Not only can understanding how to utilize text on TikTok make your material more entertaining for everyone to watch, but it can also be used as a strong storytelling tool to elevate your video to a higher level of quality. The following are three advantages of using text in your TikTok:
Make your content more accessible
Accessibility is sometimes disregarded in the digital arena, but it is critical that your TikToks are accessible to everyone in your target audience if you want them to be successful. Text may be used to construct your own subtitles and to explain the audio that plays in the background of your video. It is advised that you describe the substance of the video in your caption, include a physical description of the persons in the video, and provide links to the things you discuss or utilize in the TikTok video in your caption.
This makes it easier for individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing (HoH) to appreciate your films, and it also makes it easier for those who have learning difficulties or attention deficits to grasp the content of your movies.
Tell complex narratives within the constraints of a tiny video
However, despite the fact that TikToks are generally brief, individuals utilize them to express rich narratives and even educate viewers on serious subjects. This is made feasible by the inclusion of textual material. The length option allows you to add text to different time codes in your movie, which helps to put what you or the sound are saying in context with one other. This manifests itself in a variety of ways, including:
- You can watch TikToks that take you through a whole routine (they can be anywhere from 60 seconds to 3 minutes long) and makeup-of-the-day TikToks that take you through an entire routine (they can be anywhere from 60 seconds to 3 minutes long). Promotional TikToks that communicate your brand’s narrative or those that feature talking head testimonials from satisfied consumers are examples. Tossing in some text to TikTok slideshow-style films is an excellent method to demonstrate a variety of items.
Use text to build suspense
Text may also be utilized to create tension and suspense. You’ve undoubtedly seen a TikTok where the entire video was spent building up to the climax of the tale, only to have the video finish with a text box reading “Follow for Part 2” or “Part 2 is Up Now.” This is not uncommon. In order to build tension, these creators are utilizing text to drive viewers away from their “For You Page” (the page of material that the algorithm tailors to each user) and onto the creator’s TikTok page, where they may watch the next video.
Repurposing your TikTok for your marketing
The possibilities for expression on TikTok are virtually limitless. Almost every time you open the app, there’s a new trend that you can take advantage of to ingeniously market your company or product. In addition to being entertaining on TikTok, the videos you create on the app make for amusing contributions to your other social media networks. This is most effective with platforms that have a comparable aspect ratio to the screen (like Instagram Stories and Reels). Using Vimeo Create, you can always re-edit your films to fit the right aspect ratios for all of your social media accounts and then post them with a single click.
The Reels tool works in tandem with TikTok’s platform, making it simple for users to either repost saved TikToks to Reels with the TikTok branding still visible, or re-edit the same films using the Reels editor to make them more appealing to their audiences.
You can also utilize a TikTok video for your next social media advertisement.
Because of the methodology used by TikTok, the “For You Page” (hashtagged asfyp, by the way) is a gold mine for discovering patterns that may be replicated for your commercial purposes.
Know before you go!
Do you want to make your first TikTok video but aren’t sure where to begin? TikTok templates that are already tailored for the platform have been made to make the editing process more efficient. Using Vimeo Create, small companies are able to create their own visually attractive films for use on TikTok. Here’s some inspiration from some of our favorite brands:
Angela Caglia Skincare
Are you promoting or launching a new product? Take a cue from the TikTok advertisement for Angela Caglia Skincare.
The firm has put together a debut film that includes statements from genuine individuals who are enthusiastic about their product. Using influencer unpacking film or user-generated material, you can even create a similar style of TikTok like this one (UGC).
Although Power Wearhouse, an athletic apparel brand, was only established in January of 2021, they were rapidly up to speed on creating both organic and paid TikTok assets. The video for their weighted vest showcases the product wonderfully, and the discussion is simple to follow thanks to a text overlay. In addition, the video reads with a clear next step. It was the ability to focus the dialogue that we gained from the Vimeo Create TikTok templates that was the most valuable aspect of the experience.
Michelle Lerner, Chief Strategy Officer of Power Wearhouse, discusses her career path.
On TikTok, Perfect Sculpt employs language to draw attention to good press and quotations, such as the winning superlative “The greatest leggings for workouts,” which is featured in their 22-second video for the app.
Vegan cookie dough is available. Deux is clearly “deux-ing” something on TikTok, and it’s a good thing. (We’re sorry, but we had no choice.) They’re dishing out visually stunning videos that make you want to reach through your phone and consume them. When it comes to debuting on TikTok, where creativity is key, we believe that video creation is one of the most challenging aspects. Fortunately, Vimeo handled this for us flawlessly. Sabeena Ladha is the founder and CEO of Deux. All you have to do is customize a template to meet your specific company requirements, and you’ll be ready to go.
Ready to become a TikTok darling?
It’s reasonable to say that TikTok has swept the internet like a wildfire in recent years. The app is extremely addictive, and the number of views on popular videos is really high. Because of the algorithm, TikTok is a location where you can ascend rather rapidly. Because other social media platforms are becoming more pay-to-play, the visibility that advertisers can gain on TikTok is a significant benefit for their businesses.
Get started on your first TikTok
Want to include, tweak, and edit text in your TikTok videos? Check out this guide. It’s a piece of cake! Here’s all you need to know about the process. Whether you’re just getting started with TikTok and are ready to create your first video with captions, or you’ve been using the program for a while and want to enter some relevant text immediately on your video, we have the solution for you. It simply takes a few minutes, so don’t be concerned. In this section, we’ll walk you through the process of adding text to your TikTok movies step by step.
How to Add Text to TikTok Videos
Text and text boxes may be easily added to your TikTok movies, and the process is straightforward. This may be done in the same editing menu where you can apply effects, noises, and sticker overlays. On your mobile device, open the TikTok application. You may add text to your video directly after it has been shot or selected by following these steps: After you have captured or selected the video you wish to use, follow these procedures for adding text directly to your video:
- To access the video editing menu on TikTok, hit the Text icon (Aa) at the bottom of the screen once the app has taken you there: You can type in the text that you wish to appear on your video. Choose your favorite color by tapping on one of the spherical color dots on the screen. By pressing any of the font names located just above the color symbols, you may choose your chosen font. For italicized text, for example, you may choose the Handwriting option from the drop-down menu. To align your text to the left, right, or center, use the text alignment bars that are directly to the left of the font options
- Otherwise, use the font options. The highlighted symbol designated with anA, located to the left of that bar, allows you to apply multiple styles to your text. For example, you may use this feature to make your text bold or to place it in a box. Continue to press this icon to see all of the available options
- Once you’ve completed inputting and customizing the text, press the Done button. By dragging the text across the screen, you may manually alter the location of the text. To access the uploading menu, press the Next button.
As a result of the fact that TikTok allows users to stitch videos together, you can also add text to each of the stitched movies if you so like. To complete the process, simply repeat the procedures outlined previously. You may also add numerous pieces of text or multiple words to your TikTok movie by repeating these steps and treating each piece of text as if it were a new element or sticker, as seen in the following example.
Following completion of this step, you may add your captions and tags to your TikTok video and upload it to your account or store it to your drafts folder.
How to Edit Text on TikTok
You may also make changes to the text in your video if you aren’t pleased with the results. However, keep in mind that you will be unable to do so once the video has been released. To make changes to the text in your TikTok video, follow these steps:
- Select the appropriate text by tapping it. TikTok will draw a box around the text to draw attention to it. Select Edit from the drop-down menu that appears
- Then redo your text to your liking by following the same methods you used to add text to your movie
- Then save your work. Make sure you click Done after you’re through making your changes.
Set the Duration for TikTok Video Text and Make Text Disappear
In order to make things a little more interesting, you may choose how long you want the text to display in your video and whether or not you want it to fade while the movie plays. Moreover, you have the option of specifying the point in your movie at which you wish the text to begin showing. Use the following procedures to determine how long you want words to appear on a TikTok video and how long you want them to appear:
- Select the necessary text by tapping it. SelectSet duration from the drop-down menu that appears
- Alternatively, you may drag the duration slider at the bottom of the next menu to either the left or right, depending on your preferences: To see a preview of how the text will appear in the video, click on the play button above the time slider. When you’re finished, click on the checkmark icon in the lower-right corner of the screen.
When you choose the length option, you may determine when your text is displayed and while it is hidden when people watch your movie online.
Convert Text to Speech on Your TikTok Video
You may also use TikTok’s text-to-speech tool to translate the words you’ve put on your video into speech if you wish. To accomplish this, transform the TikTok video text into speech as follows:
- Make physical contact with the written text
- SelectText-to-speech. There is no need to remove the original text because this turns all of the words you’ve typed on your TikTok video to audio.
Make Your TikTok Videos More Interesting
It is possible to reach a broader audience by posting short and lively videos on TikTok. Adding responsive text to your videos is another option you may explore if you want to spice up your material and add a little variation to your films. However, depending on your motive for utilizing TikTok, there are a variety of additional methods to express yourself creatively on the platform. And if you’re no longer pleased with TikTok, there are a variety of other options you may explore instead. The 6 Best TikTok Alternatives You Should Try Instead of TikTok In the event that you’re hesitant about utilizing TikTok yet appreciate the app’s video style, there are a few options you might experiment with.
Idowu Omisola is a Nigerian singer and songwriter (121 Articles Published) Idowu is a technology enthusiast who is particularly interested in smart technology and productivity.
His enthusiasm for guiding others through the complex world of contemporary technology inspires him to write more.
Sign up for our newsletter to receive tech tips, reviews, free ebooks, and special offers! To become a subscriber, please visit this page.
How to Chat on TikTok on Android
Documentation Download Documentation Download Documentation Learn how to use Android to send a message to a friend on TikTok and to check your incoming messages in your inbox by following the steps outlined in this wikiHow.
- 1Start TikTok on your Android device. The symbol is represented as a black square with a white music note in the center. It may be found under the Apps section of your menu
- 2 To access the icon, go to the bottom-right corner of the screen. This button will take you to your personal profile page. 3 TapFollowingbelow your profile photo to see more options. This icon is located at the top of your profile and displays the total number of people you are following. It will bring up a list of all the people you are following in Twitter
- To see a list of users who follow you, you may tapFansnext to Following, which is located beside Following.
- 4Click on the name of the person you wish to communicate. Locate the individual with whom you wish to communicate and tap their name on the list to visit their profile page. 5Click on the Messagebutton on their profile page to contact them. This button can be found at the top of this user’s profile, just below their photo, just below their name. It will bring up the message screen, which you may read. 6 You can write your message in the text space provided. Text messages should be typed into the text area located towards the bottom of the message screen
- 7 Select the red paper plane icon from the drop-down menu. This button may be found on the right-hand side of the page, near to the text box. It will transmit your message
- It is that simple.
- To message someone, tap on their profile picture. Locate the user with whom you wish to communicate and tap their name on the list to see their profile information. Tap theMessagebutton in their profile to send them a private message. This button can be found at the top of this user’s profile, just below their photo, just below the text “Contact Us.” Upon clicking it, the message screen will be shown. 6 Fill up the blanks with your message. Text messages should be typed in the text area located at the bottom of the message screen
- 7 Select the red paper aircraft icon from the drop-down menu. This button may be found on the right-hand side of the screen, near to the text box. You may use it to send a message to someone.
Create a new question
- QuestionHow can I send a private Tik Tok message to someone else’s account? Question by Zhongli, Archon of Liyue (Aasim)Community Response In order for you to be able to message someone, their private account must be following you back. Question What is the best way to transmit photographs with Tik Tok messages? Question by Zhongli, Archon of Liyue (Aasim)Community Response You are unable to do so for your own safety as well as the protection of others. GIFs from GIPHY, stickers, TikTok videos, noises, hashtags, and plaintext words are the only kind of communications you may send. Question Is it possible to share my mobile number to a Tik Tok fan via a Tik Tok message? Question by Zhongli, Archon of Liyue (Aasim)Community Response You are unable to and should not. On Tik Tok, you may only share information with friends who also use the app. Question: How can I know whether or not someone is following me? Answer: Look for a double arrow next to the Follow button, or look for “Friends” instead of “Following.” My Tik Tok acquaintance has requested that I send her a text message. I attempt to text her, but even though her privacy constraints are turned off, it claims I am unable to do so. What am I supposed to do? Question by Zhongli, Archon of Liyue (Aasim)Community Response To send a DM on Tik Tok, you’ll need the other user’s phone number. In order to use Tik Tok, make sure that both you and your friend have your phone numbers registered and that you are both in each other’s contacts list. Question When using TikTok, is there a cost to send messages? Question by Zhongli, Archon of Liyue (Aasim)Community Response With the exception of costs for mobile data consumption in general, the answer is no. The DM function on TikTok is completely free. Question How can I send a message to someone who does not have a phone number? That’s not something you can do. You must link your phone number to your TikTok account in order to message someone. What is the best way to unsend a message on Tik Tok? Question by Zhongli, Archon of Liyue (Aasim)Community Response Select “Delete” from the drop-down menu after tapping on the message. This will not erase it from their device, as previously stated. Question Is it possible to talk without providing a phone number? Question by Zhongli, Archon of Liyue (Aasim)Community Response You will not be able to chat without giving a phone number as a safeguard against spam. Continue with one more and see how it goes. Question What is the address where TikTok sends verification codes? Question by Zhongli, Archon of Liyue (Aasim)Community Response Verification codes are delivered to the phone number or email address associated with your account. Check it out and put them in there
- Question Is it feasible to register for a TikTok account without providing a phone number? Mary SlobeAnswer from the Community Yes, you may use your email account instead of your Facebook account.
More information on the replies Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Submit Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration!
About This Article
Summary of the ArticleX 1. Launch the Tik Tok application. 2. Select the person symbol in the bottom-right corner of the screen. 3. SelectFollowingorFansfrom the drop-down menu at the top. 4. Select a user from the drop-down menu. 5. Click on the Message button on their profile. Enter your message and tap the paper aircraft to send it out into the world! 7. Select the square speech bubble icon located at the bottom of the screen.
8. Click on the inbox symbol in the upper-right corner. 9. Select a conversation thread to see all of the messages in that thread. Did you find this overview to be helpful? The writers of this page have together authored a page that has been read 128,255 times.
Is this article up to date?
Consumers in the United States are more inclined to view videos if they have text or subtitles, according to research. This is consistent with our own analysis on how the top 300 businesses would use TikTok in 2022, in which we found that more than half of the 650 popular videos we examined had videos with on-screen text (over 50%). That’s why we’ve put together this article, which will teach you how to add text to TikTok videos in less than 5 minutes. We’ll cover: 1.How to add text to your TikTok video from within the TikTok application 2.How to include text in certain areas of a TikTok video (using the Set duration feature) 3.The quickest and most straightforward method of adding text to TikTok
(1) How to add text to TikTok from within the TikTok app:
Simple and user-friendly, the TikTok text editor is a great way to express yourself. If you’re acquainted with other social media sites such as Instagram, figuring out how to add text to TikTok will be a piece of cake for you. Step 1: Begin by producing a brand new video on YouTube. Creating a new video or uploading footage from your camera roll to TikTok is Step 2. Step 3: Edit your video, and when you’re finished, click on the green checkmark in the upper right hand corner. 4. Once your video has been uploaded, select the Text icon (Aa) in the bottom row to insert text into the video.
- Step 6: Make your text more personalized by picking from the alternatives that display above your keyboard.
- Text background: This option alters the color of the backdrop of your text.
- Upon completion of your typing and satisfaction with your adjustments, tap ‘Done’ to close the window.
- Four alternatives will display in each corner of the text field, one for each letter of the alphabet.
- Text can be edited by tapping on the pencil.
- To zoom in and out, you can also use your fingers to resize the text.
- Make certain that there are no typos or other problems!
(2) How to add text to certain parts of a TikTok (Set duration)
‘Set duration’ is one of the most crucial text editing options you’ll ever use, and it’s one of the most overlooked. Customizes the length (or timing) of time that your text is shown on the screen.
Knowing how to add text to specific portions of a TikTok might assist you in telling tales in a more effective way than you could otherwise. On TikTok, there are two different methods to access the ‘Set duration’ option.
1. Set duration while editing text
If you are presently altering text in TikTok, you may simply press the text box to exit the editing mode. The following two choices will be displayed: Set duration and Edit. Select ‘Set duration’ from the drop-down menu.
2. Set duration after editing text
If you’ve completed altering your text but want to go back and adjust the duration, press the text box you’d like to update and then tap the back button. Each corner of the text box will have four possibilities, one for each corner of the text box. To access the ‘Set duration’ options, select the timer icon from the toolbar. The following is what your screen will look like when you’ve clicked on ‘Set duration’: You may use the sliding scale to make your text appear or disappear whenever you want it to appear.
The Play button will play a preview of your TikTok video, which will allow you to see how your video will seem.
You might need to try several times before you get it perfect the first time.
(3) How to add text to TikTok: The easiest way!
For those that want greater accuracy when synching text to their TikTok or wish to maintain consistency with business identity by utilizing their own font styles and colors, an external video editor such as InVideois the most convenient solution. The powerful capabilities of InVideo allow you to quickly match your writing to the beats of your favorite songs and offer hundreds of font variations and styles (unlike TikTok, which has limited options).
Follow these simple steps to add text to TikTok using InVideo:
Step 1: Log in or create an account with InVideo. Step 2:Once you’ve signed in, pick ‘Blank Canvas’ from the drop-down menu and then ‘Vertical’ from the Screen dimension drop-down menu. In terms of compatibility with TikTok, this is the best size. To get started with TikTok video creation, visit this blog on viral TikTok trends, which provides free pre-made templates to help you get started. Step 3: Select ‘Create a video’ from the drop-down menu. This will launch the video editing software. To add a video to the editor, drag and drop it into the left-hand panel, or click on ‘Upload Media’ to browse for a file on your computer.
- According to what can be seen, this offers up a variety of text alternatives.
- Step 6:Click on the text choice you’d like to include in the video, and it will show on the video with some placeholder text to guide you through the process.
- Step 7: In addition, you may choose from a variety of animation possibilities.
- Step 8:Selecting the ‘Font’ option brings up a side panel that contains a variety of font types and styles that you may choose from.
The easiest approach to become comfortable with the various text editing capabilities and choices is to try them out and experiment with different text styles until you discover the one that works best for your particular video project.
How to add text to TikTok with precision and sync it with music
Here’s where we’ll demonstrate how to add text to a TikTok video using the timeline function of InVideo. This will assist you in synchronizing text and audio with an extremely high degree of accuracy. Step 1: To begin, click on the ‘Timeline’ option, which is located below the video sample. This will bring up a timeline where all of the material in your TikTok will appear one after the other, one after the other. The timing of the text’s appearance or the duration of the text may be changed by dragging the text box to the moment you want it to appear or remain visible.
In Step 4, if you have audio in a scene that you’d like to alter, choose the scene and then click on the ‘Timeline’ option, which will open a timeline for that specific scene exclusively.
Make use of the advice to ensure that your material is properly synchronized.
Pre-view your video to ensure that everything is as it should be before publishing it.
Export your video to TikTok
Now that you’ve finished editing your TikTok video, it’s time to upload your video to the application. Step 1:Click on the ‘Download and Share’ icon located at the upper right-hand corner of your computer’s screen. Step 2:After your video has finished exporting, you will be presented with the following screen. Downloading the movie will be available only when it has completed rendering, which may take some time depending on the length of the video. Upon completion of the rendering process and availability for download, you will also receive an email notification of this.
- Share a link to your video with other members of your team to get feedback and comments before submitting it to TikTok.com.
- While duplicating, you have the option of changing the video’s proportions; however, we recommend that you keep with the original measurements because changing the dimensions might cause the video to stretch or break.
- In order to continue, pick ‘Next,’ add a description to your video, and then hit ‘Post,’ as you would normally do on TikTok.
- You now understand how to quickly and accurately add text to your TikTok videos while also timing them.
- Or, for more content ideas, check out our guide to theViral TikTok Trends of 2022 that every business should be aware of!
For more information on how to make highly engaging social media videos, or if you want to continue the conversation, go over to theInVideo community, where you can collaborate and learn from 25k other marketers who are exactly like you.
How to Add Text on TikTok
Text can enhance the accessibility of your videos while also providing additional context. Text can also be used to create visually appealing content. I’ll teach you how to add text to your TikTok video in a few simple steps so that your video is more fascinating, engaging, and easier to comprehend. Afterwards, I’ll teach you how to alter text using an online video editor before uploading the finished product to the TikTok app.
- Open TikTok and hit the +icon to begin recording. Record a video and choose the appropriate checkbox, or upload a video and select the next option. Text may be found at the bottom of the screen by tapping it.
You may select from 16 different colors and five different font types, as well as highlight or outline your text. The length may be modified by long-pressing the text and then tappingset duration. Otherwise, your text will be shown throughout the full video clip. Drag the ends of the clip to adjust the length, then hit the checkmark to save your changes. Allowing your voice to rest is made possible by the text-to-speech capability of most computers. To use this function, long-press your text and then taptext-to-speechto have it converted into a voiceover, as seen below.
- When you hear the repetitive voiceover play, an ordinarily serious conversation takes an unexpected turn.
- Here’s one more piece of advice!
- Before clicking record, pick effects, then trending or new, and finally 90s Word Art from the drop-down menu.
- Using your finger, pinch the text to move it and modify its size.
How to Add Text on TikTok with Kapwing
TikTok’s text feature provides you with all of the functionality you want. Almost, anyhow. Although required, manually entering captions is a time-consuming task. Additionally, the color palette is restricted and the font options are not the finest. I’ll teach you how to use Kapwing to add stylish text to a video, and then I’ll show you how to publish the finished results to TikTok.
- To upload a video to Kapwing, first open the application
- Then add text
- Export and download
- And last post to TikTok.
Step One: Open Kapwing and Upload a Video
Let’s get started by going toKapwing and clicking on the start editing button. Kapwing is a free browser-based video editor that is simple to use even for inexperienced video editors. To complete this instruction, I’m working on my laptop with the Chrome web browser. Upload a video or copy and paste a video URL into the video field. In order for your movie to be the proper size for TikTok, make sure the output size is 9:16.
Step Two: Add Text
To begin typing, clicktext and select a basic type style from the drop-down menu. You may also include emojis and GIFs to add some personality to your writing. Position:Use the drag and drop interface provided by Kapwing to position the text layer on the TikTok in the location you like. To modify the size of the text, move the sliders in the purple corners. Typeface, color, and size may all be customized after the text layer has been correctly positioned in the composition. In my example, I used the typeface Bebas Neue and added a drop shadow to make it more interesting.
To draw attention to the text, use the “Effects” tab to add a drop shadow or blur, the background color to create a TikTok-style backdrop, or the “Animate” option to create a fade effect that fades in and out as the text is displayed or hidden.
Drag and drop the text layer to a specified point in the timeline to make it appear at a specific time.
It is possible to create as many text and picture overlays as you like with Kapwing. Kapwing provides producers with complete control over the look and feel of their vertical video.
Step Three: Export and Download
To begin processing your MP4 for TikTok, click the export video button. When it’s finished, click the download button to save it to your computer or smartphone. By registering for a free account with Kapwing, you can easily erase the watermark from your photos.
Step Four: Upload on TikTok
To upload your video to TikTok, open the app and hit the plus symbol followed by upload. Continue to tapnext until you reach the final page, and then click publish to share your TikTok video with others. Everything is in place for you to share your TikTok video with your fans! Keep in contact with us by following us on Twitter and subscribing to our YouTube channel for contemporary TikTok lessons to stay up to date. If you’re interested in learning more about TikTok, you might want to check out the articles listed below.
- How to Edit Sounds on TikTok
- How to Stitch on TikTok With Any Video
- How to Edit Sounds on TikTok
- Instructions on how to save TikTok drafts to your phone. Tips and Tricks for Making Transitions on TikTok (A Step-by-Step Guide)
More about our experiences as a scrappy media company may be found here.