How to forward someone’s text to your phone?
- Set up text message forwarding On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings Messages Send Receive. On your Mac, open Messages, choose Messages Preferences, then click iMessage. On your iPhone, go to Settings Messages Text Message Forwarding.* Choose which devices can send and receive text messages from your iPhone.
- 1 How do I forward text messages to another number?
- 2 How do I forward a text I received to someone else?
- 3 How do I forward text messages from my iPhone to another phone?
- 4 How do you share a text message on iPhone?
- 5 Can we forward SMS?
- 6 How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac
- 7 Set up text message forwarding
- 8 Forward older text messages
- 9 How to forward a text message from your Android device to any contact, including multiple texts at once
- 10 Related coverage fromHow To Do Everything: Tech:
- 11 How to forward a text message
- 12 How to Forward a Text Message on iPhone
- 13 How to Forward a Text on an iPhone – Techlicious
- 14 How to forward a text on an iPhone
- 15 Got a Great Text Message? Learn How to Forward It
- 16 How to Forward Text Messages on iPhone
- 17 How to forward a text message you received to someone else
- 18 How to Forward a Text on Android
- 19 How to Forward a Text on Android (Stock)
- 20 How to Forward a Text on Samsung Phones
- 21 Why Can’t I Forward a Text on Android?
- 22 Forward Your Calls on Android
- 23 How to Automatically Forward Text Messages To Another Phone? [SOLVED]
- 24 Forward Multiple Texts at Once on your iPhone
- 25 iPhone Text Message Forwarding Feature
- 26 How to forward a message on iPhone using copy and paste
- 27 Forward a Text Message, Photos or Document in the Messages App
- 28 Video Demonstration and Coaching
- 29 How can I forward an SMS with Samsung mobile?
- 30 Thank you for your feedback!
- 31 Contact Us
How do I forward text messages to another number?
Open the texting app you usually use and tap on the conversation that includes the text message(s) you’re trying to forward. 2. Tap and hold one of the text messages that you want to forward. When a menu pops up, tap on “Forward Message.”
How do I forward a text I received to someone else?
If you have an Android phone… 1 – Tap and hold the message you’d like to forward until it becomes highlighted. 2 – Tap the Options icon in the top-right corner of the screen (it looks like three vertical dots). 3 – Tap Forward. 4 – Select the recipient you wish to forward the message to, then tap the Send button.
How do I forward text messages from my iPhone to another phone?
Set up text message forwarding
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.*
- Choose which devices can send and receive text messages from your iPhone.
How to Forward Text Messages on iPhone
- Tap Messages.
- Select the conversation that includes the message you want to forward.
- Tap and hold the message you want to forward until a pop-up menu appears.
- Tap More.
- The message you selected has a blue checkmark next to it.
- Tap Share (the curved arrow).
Can we forward SMS?
Touch and hold the message bubble that you want to forward, then tap More. Select any other text messages that you want to forward. Tap Forward and enter a recipient. Tap Send.
How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac
Text Message Forwarding allows you to receive and send SMS/MMS messages from your iPhone and have them show on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch. After then, you may continue the discussion from any device you like to use. On your iPhone, when you receive an SMS or MMS message from someone, the message shows as a green bubble. iMessages show as blue bubbles on the screen. You may send and receive SMS and MMS messages from your iPhone on any Mac, iPad, or iPod touch that fulfills the Continuity system requirements once you set up Text Message Forwarding on your device.
Set up text message forwarding
- Go to SettingsMessagesSendReceive on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to access this feature. Open Messages on your Mac, select MessagesPreferences, and then select iMessage from the drop-down menu. In order for iMessage to work properly, you must be logged in with the same Apple ID on all of your devices. Navigate to the SettingsMessagesText Message Forwarding* menu on your iPhone. Select the devices that will be able to send and receive text messages from your iPhone. A verification code shows on each of your other devices if you are not utilizing two-factor authentication for your Apple ID: inputting the code into your iPhone
All you have to do now is make sure your iPhone is turned on and connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network in order for fresh SMS/MMS texts to be sent and received on the devices you’ve added. iCloud now maintains your complete communication history up to date and accessible on all of your devices – even if you switch to a different device or delete an old one. Find out how to keep all of your texts in iCloud’s cloud storage. * Does the Text Message Forwarding option on your iPhone not appear to be available?
Forward older text messages
Date of Publication:
How to forward a text message from your Android device to any contact, including multiple texts at once
- Text messages may be forwarded from your Android phone utilizing the most common messaging applications. Even though various applications have varied techniques for passing text messages to others, most apps follow a similar fundamental procedure
- You may forward several text messages to multiple contacts at the same time with the Message+ software for your Android handset. More articles may be found on the Business Insider homepage.
Is it possible that you’ve needed to send a text message to someone else but weren’t sure how to go about it? If you’re using anAndroiddevice, the procedure is rather straightforward. You may forward a text message in the same way you would an email if you are familiar with the process. The specific procedures will vary based on the messaging app you are using, but the general concept will stay the same regardless of which app you are using. Find out how to forward a text message on Android mobile devices in this guide.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
This instruction will make use of theVerizon Message+ software, which can be downloaded from the App Store. Opening the messaging program you normally use and tapping on the conversation that contains the text message(s) you’re attempting to forward will begin the process. Find a text message that you’d like to share to someone else. Chrissy Montelli of Business Insider contributed to this report. 2.Press and hold the forward button on one of the text messages that you wish to send. When a menu appears, select “ForwardMessage” from the list.
- Chrissy Montelli of Business Insider contributed to this report.
- You may forward the message by tapping on the arrow symbol in the upper-right corner of the screen when you’re ready.
- Chrissy Montelli of Business Insider contributed to this report.
- The icon that appears next to their name or phone number should be a circle with a check mark inside it, as seen below.
Choose the recipients of your messages from the drop-down menu. Chrissy Montelli of Business Insider contributed to this report. After a successful transmission, your text message(s) should have been transferred to the recipient you specified.
Related coverage fromHow To Do Everything: Tech:
It is preferable to demonstrate rather than to tell. It is for this reason that it is sometimes preferable to resend an SMS message. For example, perhaps you need to notify people that a buddy is coming over for dinner or that your schedule has changed. Do you want to know how to send a text message to someone else? For Android devices, the good news is that forwarding text messages to others is rather straightforward, and we will walk you through the process in further detail below. This solution works for the basic Android Messages app, but it should also work for manufacturer-specific messaging apps.
Note from the editor: All of the information in this post was compiled using an aPixel 4a with 5G running Android 12.
How to forward a text message
- Make sure your Android smartphone is turned on and unlocked. Open the Messages app on your phone. Navigate to the thread that contains the message that you wish to forward
- Select the precise SMS message you wish to resend and tap and hold on it. To delete a message, select it and then touch on the three vertical dots symbol in the upper right of the screen. SelectForward
- On a list, you will see a list of everyone who has recently received or sent you an email message. If you tap on a person’s name, you may send the message to them. If you wish to forward the message to a different phone number or another contact, select New Message from the menu bar. Choose or do a search for a contact
- If you’d like, you may also include some of your own content in the initial message that you’d like to distribute
- When you’re ready to send the message, press the Send(right arrow icon) SMS button on your phone.
Simply said, that’s all there is to it. It is technically equivalent to copying and pasting in terms of effectiveness. How well did you do in your attempt to forward a text message using this method? Next: How to configure call forwarding on an Android device
How to Forward a Text Message on iPhone
It is possible that you will want to forward a text or SMS message from the iMessage app on your iPhone to another individual at some point in the future. Here’s how to do it. It is possible that you may receive an essential text message and will need to pass it to another person. It may appear to be a time-consuming and complicated procedure, but once you understand how it is carried out, it is a piece of cake. The following video shows you how to send a message from your iPhone using the Messages app.
- Then locate the text message that you wish to transmit to another individual.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, select the More option.
- If you choose, you may also select other messages to be forwarded to your friends.
- This will bring up the “New Message” page, where you can choose who you wish to forward the message to by selecting their name from the drop-down menu.
- When you are ready to send the message, click on the “Send” icon, which is represented by a circular arrow pointing upward.
- Simply said, that’s all there is to it.
- It is important to note that when you forward a message, just the body of the original message is transmitted.
- For additional information about recent versions of iOS, see How iPhone Messages Have Changed in iOS 14 and Above for more information.
There are new features such as pinned discussions, group images, mentions, better Memoji styles, stickers, and more. There are also new features such as stickers. As for Mac users, find out how to utilize iMessage on macOS Big Surand learn how to become a messaging ninja.
How to Forward a Text on an iPhone – Techlicious
Suzanne Kantraon contributed to this article. 2 thoughts on August 27, 2021 in Tips and How-Tos, Phones and Mobile, Mobile Apps, iPhone/iPad Apps, Tech 101: Techlicious editors do their own product evaluations. We may get affiliate income from links on this page, which will allow us to continue to support our purpose. You’d think Apple would make it simple to forward a text message on iPhones, but that hasn’t happened. And it is — if you know what you’re doing. My mother-in-law often captures texts and then texts the image to me (which is very useless when the text has a link to a website or news item), but, reminds me that this isn’t always the case for everyone.
But once you do, sending messages the appropriate manner – and keeping all links intact – is a piece of cake.
How to forward a text on an iPhone
1. To forward a text message, press and hold the message you wish to forward. 2. Select “More” from the drop-down menu. In the third step, the message you want to forward will be marked with a blue checkmark. Messages can be forwarded many times by tapping the circle next to each of them. 4. Tap on the arrow in the lower right corner of the screen. 5. Select the contact you wish to forward the message to and press the green arrow to send the message. 6. 6. When you’re finished forwarding your messages, click “Cancel” to return to your inbox.
If you want to demonstrate a text discussion, taking a snapshot of the engagement and messaging the image is the best option.
Suzanne formerly worked as the Technology Editor for Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia and the Senior Technology Editor for Popular Science magazine, before joining Techlicious.
Got a Great Text Message? Learn How to Forward It
- After tapping and holding a message you’d like to pass along, select More from the pop-up menu and then Share (the curving arrow). Using theplus(+) button on the right-hand side of theTofield, choose a recipient and then tapSend. To forward photographs and videos from the Messages app, follow the same instructions as above.
It is explained in this post how to forward text messages on an iPhone running iOS 12 or later. When using iOS 7 or later, the procedure is the same, however the particular stages may alter depending on the version of iOS you are using.
How to Forward Text Messages on iPhone
Follow these steps to forward a text message on an iPhone using the Messages app, which comes pre-installed on all iPhones and iPads:
- Then, choose the conversation that contains the message you wish to transmit by tapping Messages. Hold the message you wish to forward in your hands until a pop-up option displays on the screen. In addition to the options Copy and More, there are response options above the text message on the menu. TapMore
- With a blue checkmark next to the message you picked, you may proceed. This indicates that it is ready to be forwarded. If you wish to send many messages at the same time, you can tap other empty circles. Share by tapping on the screen (the curved arrow). A new text message screen appears, with the message or messages you’re forwarding already copied into the text space
- A new text message screen appears
- To field, enter the name or phone number of the person to whom the message should be forwarded. If you want to send a group message, you need include more than one individual. Tap the+on the right side of theTofield and browse through your contact book for the person to whom you wish to forward the message
- Then tapSend.
You are not restricted to only forwarding text from messages while using this feature. You may also forward a photo or video that someone sends you via text message. Follow the procedures outlined above to pick a photo or video to upload. Thank you for informing us about this!
How to forward a text message you received to someone else
This is where you will find information on how to forward a text message you have received to someone else. Do you like my suggestions? Sign up for my free Daily Tech Tips Newsletter by clicking here, and you’ll never miss a tip again! Is it possible that you’ve received a text message that you felt should have been transferred to someone else (for example, a message from your employer with instructions)? The process of forwarding a text message to another person is actually rather simple if you understand how to do it.
- To forward a text message that you have received to another individual, follow the procedures outlined below: If you have an iPhone, you can.
- 2 – Press the More button.
- 4 – Enter the name of the person to whom you wish to convey the message, and then click “Send Message.” If you own an Android smartphone.
- Consequently, I urge that you follow the general guidelines outlined in the following section.
- In the top-right corner of the screen, click on the Optionsicon to open the menu (it looks likethree vertical dots).
- Four, choose the receiver to whom you want to forward the message, then press the Send button.
Isn’t it straightforward? If you found this post beneficial, would you mind helping me out by sharing it with your friends and colleagues? Simply use one of the convenient social network sharing links provided below. Thank you very much!
How to Forward a Text on Android
Have you received a message that you’d want to share with others? Learn how to forward a text message in both the Android and Samsung messaging applications by following these steps. Instead of typing or copying and pasting a text message to send it to someone from your Android device, you may just forward it. As an alternative, you can make use of the forwarding feature. Depending on the messaging app you are using, the procedure will be slightly different. Having said that, the procedures are straightforward and nearly identical.
How to Forward a Text on Android (Stock)
- Open the text conversation that contains the message you wish to forward in the standard Android Messages app
- Then press the forward button. Keep pressing and holding on the message. Toggle between the three vertical dots in the top-right corner. Select the person or group of people to whom you wish to send the message from the list. Alternatively, to send it to someone who isn’t already on the list, select New Message from the drop-down menu. The message box will display the contents of the forwarded message. You have the ability to modify or add to this message if necessary. When you’re finished, click on the Send button (right arrow) to send the message to someone else.
How to Forward a Text on Samsung Phones
- Open the text conversation that contains the message that you wish to transmit to the recipient
- And Keep pressing and holding on the message. TapForward
- Locate the intended recipient, either by using theConversationsorContactstab options. Select their name from the drop-down menu. You have the option of selecting additional recipients if you so want. TapDone
- The message box will display the contents of the forwarded message. You have the ability to modify or add to this message if necessary. When you’re finished, click on the Send button (right arrow) to send the message to someone else.
Why Can’t I Forward a Text on Android?
This is most likely because you’ve selected the full conversation or many texts and so aren’t seeing the forward option. The majority of SMS applications, in contrast to some of the greatest messaging apps, such as WhatsApp, do not enable you to transmit numerous texts at the same time. If you experience this problem, be certain that you are only picking one text.
Forward Your Calls on Android
Not many people are aware that you can send more than just text messages with your Android device. You may also set up call forwarding so that your calls are routed to a different phone number if necessary. Instructions on how to forward calls on an Android or iPhone Do you want to know how to set up call forwarding on your phone? Learn how to route calls on both Android and iOS devices in this tutorial! Continue reading this article a little bit about the author Joe Keeley is an American actor and director.
He holds a BA (Hons) in Business and is now a full-time freelance writer who likes making complex technology understandable to the general public.
Sign up for our newsletter to receive tech tips, reviews, free ebooks, and special offers! To become a subscriber, please visit this page.
How to Automatically Forward Text Messages To Another Phone? [SOLVED]
Almost everyone who has ever used a phone has had the need to forward a text message to another phone number or an email address at some point in their life, and this is true for almost everyone. There are a variety of reasons why you would want to forward text messages to another phone number or email address. One cause would be if you have a number of different phone numbers. You will also require text forwarding if you are traveling to a foreign nation and will be utilizing a different phone number than your home country.
You can accomplish this through your service provider; however, this is not always the most advantageous method.
Fortunately, developers have created third-party apps that can automatically send text messages to another phone or email address of your choosing. Some of the most handy text message forwarding applications may be found in the list below:
AutoForward Text is a fantastic SMS forwarding tool for Android smartphones that is easy to use. Text messages may be forwarded to an email address with the help of the app. The forwarded information also contains the phone’s contact information as well as the phone’s GPS position information. You just download and install it on the other phone, and then set it to forward all or specific messages to your current smartphone. One advantage of this software is its high degree of security, which is provided by the use of SSL, which ensures that personal data is protected during the sending process.
In accordance with your preferences, the text messages are delivered to your email address immediately or in daily reports.
It may also send call logs to you, allowing you to stay on top of any missed calls.
Phone Leash, which has been designed specifically for Android handsets, is another excellent text forwarding application. Phone Leash enables you to automatically transmit text messages and MMS to another phone number or to your email address using a single click. For example, if you have two phones (one for personal use and one for business), you wouldn’t have to have all of them with you all of the time. Installing the app on one phone, most likely the one you intend to leave behind, and having it automatically link to your second phone or email account would be all that is necessary for you to get the messages that are delivered to the other phone would be simple.
In addition, the software allows you to export text message history to an email address and obtain the GPS position of the other phone using GPS technology.
Easy SMS Texts ForwarderManager
This is a straightforward and completely free software for Android smartphones that allows you to forward text messages in their entirety or in part to another mobile phone number. Text forwarding and email forwarding may be done automatically using the app. It provides you with a variety of forwarding choices, including the ability to forward all text messages, texts containing specified keywords, and messages from specific phone numbers. You just download and install the program, after which you may choose the features you desire.
When you download and install the SMS Forwarder APK, you may have SMS text messages automatically sent to any phone number or email address you specify. All you have to do is enter the phone numbers or email addresses to which SMS messages should be sent, as well as the types of messages to be forwarded, and the software will handle the rest.
You may also choose which days of the week and which times of the day messages should be forwarded by selecting certain days and hours of the day.
MightyText is a top-rated text forwarding tool with a slew of handy features. Download it today! You may use the app to forward texts to another phone number and respond to them from any computer or tablet device you have access to. Additional alerts are received from other applications like as WhatsApp, Snapchat, Tinder, and others. MightyText will also synchronize the multimedia files on your smartphone with your computer, generate a backup of your text messages and phone conversations, and allow you to make phone calls from your tablet or desktop computer.
Text Forwarding for iPhone
Unfortunately, there aren’t many text messaging choices available for iPhones and iPads. Apple iPhones, in contrast to Android phones, do not presently offer an app (not even a third-party software) that allows text messages to be instantly forwarded to another phone or an email. The only option available to you is to have the same iMessages on two or more iDevices by checking in with the same Apple ID on all of the devices in question. Alternatively, you may utilize the Continuity function of Apple’s iPhone to send SMS messages.
Choose which devices may send and receive text messages on your iPhone by going to SettingsMessagesText Message Forwarding on the device you’re working with.
Family Orbit: The Best Text Monitoring App
The majority of the text forwarding applications listed above will perform a satisfactory job of monitoring your child’s interactions if you’re seeking for one. Family Orbit, on the other hand, is the ultimate text surveillance program, designed to make it easier for parents to keep a watch on their children and the individuals with whom they communicate. The SMS tracker in Family Orbit allows you to keep track of what your child is texting, who they are messaging, and when they are communicating.
Family Orbit will allow you to keep track of the specifics of your children’s communications, which will provide you with the piece of mind that you seek.
Family Orbit is capable of much more than just text surveillance.
These characteristics are as follows:
- PhotosVideos– This feature allows you to keep track of the images and videos that your child is sharing, receiving, and keeping on their smartphone. GPS Tracker– This allows you to know their current position in real time, allowing you to rest certain that they are secure. Check your child’s phone history to confirm that no questionable individuals are talking with your youngster. WhatsApp– This feature allows you to keep track of the messages that have been sent or received over the WhatsApp chat messenger.
Conclusion It is possible to forward all of your text messages to a single phone number if you have numerous phone numbers but only want to get messages in one of them.
This is especially useful if you have many phone numbers but only want to receive messages in one of them. However, if you want to keep track of the text messages that your child or any other individual is getting, Family Orbit is the greatest solution available to you.
As a child, Lindsay L. Moore was reared in a place where family concerns are dismissed as unimportant; this is the primary reason she has developed an interest in discussing family issues and finding solutions to them. She graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in English from Harvard University and is presently pursuing her Master’s degree in the same field. She is the mother of three gorgeous children. Lindsay has years of expertise writing articles, blogposts, press releases, and journals for a variety of clients, including large and small businesses.
She is also a strong advocate for parental education.
Moore’s most recent blog entries (See all of them)
Forward Multiple Texts at Once on your iPhone
It’s always possible to copy and paste individual text messages into new conversations when forwarding text messages, however if you need to forward several text messages, follow these steps:
iPhone Text Message Forwarding Feature
- Opening Messages and selecting the discussion you’d like to share will do the trick. Alternatively, press and hold on any of the individual messages to bring up the More menu. Select the messages you wish to send by going through the list. The messages you choose will be available for you to send to someone else as soon as you touch the arrow at the bottom right of the screen.
How to forward a message on iPhone using copy and paste
- Messages may be accessed from the iPhone’s home screen. Select and copy the text from the message you want to paste
- Maintaining pressing and holding the message until the black pop-up menu appears is recommended. Tap “Copy” – the message has now been transferred to the clipboard of your iPhone. After that, create a new message thread and pick a contact to whom you want to send the copied text message. Double-tap the text box in the thread’s text area to make it larger. “Paste” should be selected.
Forward a Text Message, Photos or Document in the Messages App
It is almost guaranteed that if you are a frequent user of text messages in the Messages app to communicate with family and friends, you may experience a situation in which you have received a photo or a long message in a text message that you would like to share with someone else. This Nugget will outline the steps you will take to forward a message, saving you the time of having to retype everything. The fact that this operation is not included in the Apple iPhone User Guide makes it a clear candidate for a Senior Tech Nugget.
- To begin, use a long press.
- Here is a step-by-step breakdown of the procedure.
- A popup menu opens on the screen.
- You have the option to include extra goods if you so choose.
- You will then be presented with a new message screen that contains the things that have been forwarded.
- Those are the simple actions to take.
Video Demonstration and Coaching
When it comes to texting, whether you’ve just gotten crucial business information or you just want to convey a lighthearted exchange to a coworker, your Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G smartphone is the perfect tool for the job. It is possible to forward an existing text message to another phone number through text message; however, there is no direct connectivity for transferring text messages as emails at this time. Instead, you must copy the text message and paste it into the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G’s native email client before sending it from within the device itself.
- Select the discussion in which the text message you wish to transmit is contained.
- To return to the Home screen, press the “Home” button on the phone’s screen.
- Tap the “Menu” icon, then select “Accounts” from the drop-down menu.
- After selecting “Inbox,” click on the “Menu” button, and then select “Compose.” In the “To” area, type in the email address or phone number of the person who will receive the message.
- Touch and hold anywhere inside the email text box, and then press “Paste” when the option appears on the screen.
- References Andrew Tennyson is a writer who has been writing on culture, technology, health, and a range of other topics since 2003.
His work has appeared in several publications. He has been published in The Gazette, DTR, and ZCom, among other publications. He possesses a Bachelor of Arts degree in history as well as a Master of Fine Arts degree in creative writing.
How can I forward an SMS with Samsung mobile?
Date of the most recent update: 2021-05-16 Please follow the procedures below if you want to forward an SMS or MMS on your Samsung phone: 1Find the message you wish to forward and copy its address. To access Messages, go to the homescreen and choose it. 2Click on the name of the contact who received the SMS/MMS in the conversation that you wish to transmit to the recipient. 3Press and hold the SMS baloon that you wish to forward for a few seconds. 4A pop-up menu opens, from which you may choose Forward.
By pressing on the box next to the Contact name, you may choose a contact to work with.
The message will be sent on to the intended recipient.
Our friendly representatives will be on hand to assist you.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please respond to all of the questions.
There are a variety of various methods to get in touch with us, including Live Chat, Email, and more.
Speak with a member of our knowledgeable and devoted staff.
Face to face Support
Find the Samsung Service Centers in your region that are the most convenient for you.