How to block text messages on your iPhone
- Tap the number or contact at the top of the message, then click the small info button.
- On the Details screen, tap the right facing arrow next to the name, phone number, or address which texted you.
- Tap “Block this Caller.”
How do I block unwanted text messages on my iPhone?
- Block Unwanted or Spam Text Messages from Unknown on iPhone. There will be phone icon and a letter “i” icon across from the number. Tap on the “i” icon Scroll down to the bottom of the page and then tap on Block this Caller Again, once you press on Block this Caller, the phone number that you just blocked won’t be able to make phone calls, send text messages, or Facetime you.
- 1 How do I block unwanted text Messages on my iPhone?
- 2 How do I block unwanted text Messages?
- 3 Why can’t I block a text on my iPhone?
- 4 How do I stop receiving texts from unknown numbers?
- 5 Why can’t I block a text message?
- 6 How do you block text messages on iPhone without number?
- 7 How do I block numbers that are not in contacts on iPhone?
- 8 Block, filter, and report messages on iPhone
- 9 Block messages from a specific person or number
- 10 Filter iMessage messages from unknown senders
- 11 Report spam or junk messages
- 12 You can easily block text messages on iPhone: Here’s how
- 13 How to block text messages from an individual
- 14 How to filter messages and calls from people you don’t know
- 15 iPhone: How to block texts
- 16 About the Author
- 17 How to block a text message’s source on iPhones
- 18 How to block or filter texts from all unknown numbers
- 19 Why am I still getting texts from a number I blocked?
- 20 How to Block Texts on iPhone: 5 Easy Methods
- 21 2. Block Unwanted Numbers
- 22 3. Filter Messages From Unknown Senders
- 23 4. Download a Call-Blocker App
- 24 Blocking Unwanted Text Messages on Your iPhone
- 25 iPhone: How to Block SMS From Any Sender Including Bulk Messages
- 26 Unblock messages
- 27 View blocked contacts and numbers
- 28 Filter iMessages from unknown senders
- 29 Manage messages: Apple iPhone on iOS 13
- 30 How to block and report text spam
- 31 Do not answer
- 32 Use the spam filter on your phone
- 33 Block specific texts
- 34 Forward the text to 7726
- 35 Block spam using your carrier’s services
- 36 Use a third-party spam-blocking service
- 37 How to Block Text Messages in iOS and Android
- 38 Block texts from the Messages app in iOS
- 39 How to block texts from known contacts in iOS
- 40 Block texts from numbers that appear as unknown or private
- 41 Report spam iMessages
- 42 Blocking texts on a Google Pixel from the Messages App
- 43 How to block texts on a Samsung phone from a conversation
- 44 How to block texts on a Samsung phone in the Messages app settings
- 45 How to block texts on (most) other Android phones
- 46 How to block texts using your carrier
- 47 Block texts with apps
- 48 How to Block Text Messages on an iPhone : HelloTech How
- 49 How to Block Text Messages on an iPhone
- 50 How to Block a Group Text on an iPhone
- 51 The almost-secret hidden iPhone switch that blocks spam text messages and notifications
How do I block unwanted text Messages on my iPhone?
iPhone: How to Block SMS From Any Sender Including Bulk Messages
- Open the spam text in the Messages app.
- Tap the i icon on the top-right.
- Tap the name of the sender at the top, located just below Details.
- Tap Block this Caller.
- Tap Block Contact.
- This will block spam SMS from that sender.
How do I block unwanted text Messages?
Here’s how to block unwanted texts on your Android phone:
- Step 1: Open your messaging app and find the text you want to block. Then, select the three-dot icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Step 2: Tap the Block number option and confirm your decision in the pop-up.
Why can’t I block a text on my iPhone?
Go to the conversation thread in the Messages app of the contact you’d like to block and tap on the contact’s name. Tap the “i” > Tap the name, phone number or email address and scroll down to tap on “Unblock this Caller.” Restart your iPhone. Then, go back and block the contact again.
How do I stop receiving texts from unknown numbers?
Go to Settings and tap on Messages. Scroll down to Filter Unknown Senders and toggle the setting on. If you are an Android user, open your phone app and tap on the three-dot icon and choose Settings. Under Settings, enable Caller ID & Spam.
Why can’t I block a text message?
If you can’t find the option to block, you can install the Google Messages app and use that app instead. To block a message, select it and choose “Details” from the menu, then choose “Block & report spam.”
How do you block text messages on iPhone without number?
Open the Phone app and go to the Recents tab to view your call log. The number for the spam SMS will be listed there. Tap the little ‘i’ button to go to its details page. Scroll down and tap the Block this Caller option.
How do I block numbers that are not in contacts on iPhone?
Go to “Settings”, scroll down and select “Phone”, scroll down to the bottom and enable the feature:
- Block calls from non-contacts in one tap on iPhone (iOS 13 and 14)
- Block all calls except from contacts on iPhone.
Block, filter, and report messages on iPhone
In the Messages app, you may block undesired messages, filter communications from unknown senders, and report spam or junk messages to the appropriate authorities.
Block messages from a specific person or number
- You can block undesired messages, filter messages from unknown senders, and report spam or junk messages using the Messages app.
You may manage your banned contacts and phone numbers by going to the SettingsMessagesBlocked Contacts section of your account. Apple Support provides the following article:Blocking phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (in English).
Filter iMessage messages from unknown senders
It is possible to turn off iMessage alerts from senders who aren’t in your contacts by filtering messages from unknown senders. The messages are sorted into the Unknown Senders tab in the Messages list when you filter messages from unknown senders.
- Go to SettingsMessages and choose Filter Unknown Senders from the drop-down menu. Please keep in mind that you will not be able to open any links in an email from an unknown sender until you either add the sender to your contacts or respond to the email.
Report spam or junk messages
When using iMessage, a message you receive from someone who isn’t already in your contacts list may be flagged as spam or junk mail. Apple can be contacted if you receive any of these messages. Hit Report Junk in the message, then tap Delete and Report Junk again. Information about the sender as well as the message are transmitted to Apple, and the message is permanently wiped from your device. Keep in mind that reporting trash or spam does not prohibit the sender from continuing to send messages; however, you can block the number in order to stop receiving texts.
The maximum number of characters is 250.
You can easily block text messages on iPhone: Here’s how
Whatever your reason for wanting to block text messages from someone, whether it’s to avoid spam or simply to keep undesirable people out of your life, there will almost certainly come a time when you’ll want to do so. It is rather simple to block text messages on an iPhone if you are using the iOS operating system. The same is true whether you’re attempting to restrict access to a single individual or using a more “scorched earth” approach, and we’ll explain how both strategies operate in this section.
How to block text messages from an individual
The procedure of barring texts from a certain person or phone number on an iPhone is basic. To start a new chat with that person in Messages, first open the conversation with them in Messages and then touch on their name (if they are in your contacts) or number at the top of the screen. Following that, pick “Info” from the panel that opens, and then click the “Block this Contact” option that is highlighted in red on the screen. Confirm your selection, and the offending individual is no longer accessible.
Just keep in mind that blocking someone is an all-or-nothing affair, which means that when you block someone, you’re effectively shutting down all modes of communication with them, including phone calls, FaceTime, email, and texts, among others.
Alternatively, if you change your mind in the future, you may access your banned callers list by navigating to SettingsPhoneBlocked Contacts on your smartphone.
This approach for blocking callers is functional in iOS 15, although it may be significantly different in previous or legacy versions of the operating system, such as iOS 7.
Though not identical across contemporary editions of iOS, the method should be comparable enough that following these steps will put you in the correct way. More information on how to restrict calls or texts on an iPhone may be found on Apple’s support website.
How to filter messages and calls from people you don’t know
When using an iPhone, you may also mute the constant stream of spam messages that arrive in your inbox through the use of an app. When using an iPhone, you may filter texts and calls from numbers that are not in your contact list, which might be handy if you receive a large volume of spam on a daily basis. To filter messages, navigate to SettingsMessages and turn on the “Filter Unknown Senders” toggle switch. That’s all there is to it. Using this method, you can also silence unknown callers by heading to SettingsPhoneSilence Unknown Callers and turning on the feature.
- For starters, these texts and phone calls will not be blocked outright by your iPhone’s security settings.
- Additionally, Apple states that you will not be able to open any links contained in such messages unless you either add that phone number to your contacts or react to the message in question, according to the company.
- If you receive a large number of trash messages or spam calls, this option may be beneficial; nevertheless, we recommend that you first block particular callers before relying on this service.
- In this day and age of two-factor authentication, many SMS messages received by unknown persons have some validity to them.
- In any case, regardless of who you want to ban or why you want to block them, the iPhone makes it rather simple to do so.
iPhone: How to block texts
Unwanted text messages, whether from someone you know, someone you don’t know, or someone you’d prefer to forget, may be a pain. Learn how to ban SMS on your iPhone by following the steps below. It’s easy to fall into the habit of deleting text messages from undesired senders instead of unsubscribing or blocking them, just as it is with email communications. However, it doesn’t take more than a few seconds to avoid future difficulties and time-consuming mistakes from occurring. It’s important to note that if you block texts from a certain number, it will also ban conventional phone calls and FaceTime calls from that number.
Since the method has evolved over time, we’ll look at how to block text messages on iPhone with iOS 14 and 13, as well as iOS 12, in the sections that follow.
How to block texts on iPhone
- In the Messages app, choose a message from a phone number that you’d like to ban
- To contact someone, select the contact icon directly above the phone number at the top of the screen. Choose information towards the top of the page
- If you are using iOS 13, press thearrow to the right of the number
- If you are using iOS 14, tap info again. At the bottom of your screen, selectBlock this Caller from receiving calls.
Here’s what it looks like on iOS 14 and iOS 13 respectively:
How to manage blocked numbers
- Navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone and selectPhone from the drop-down menu. Once again, pick Blocked Contacts from the drop-down menu. You’ll be able to see the whole list of numbers you’ve banned (which includes both texts and phone calls)
- Then, to unblock a number, select it and press the Edit button in the upper right corner. When completed, press the Done button.
How to block texts in iOS 12
- In the Messages app, choose a message from a phone number that you’d like to ban
- In the top right corner, tap the arrow to the right of the phone number
- In the lower right corner, tap the arrow to the left of the phone number
- In the lower left corner, tap the arrow to the right of the phone number
- In the lower left corner At the bottom of the screen, selectBlock this Caller.
How to manage blocked numbers
- Swipe down and touch on Messages after opening Settings. Swipe down and choose Blocked from the drop-down menu. In the upper right corner, choose Edit, and then delete any numbers you’d like to unblock.
Read more 9to5Mac tutorials:
- Here’s how to make advantage of the new iPhone home screen widgets in iOS 14
- IOS 14: How to multitask while watching a video in Picture in Picture mode on your iPhone
- Instructions for using iOS 14 to watch 4K YouTube videos on your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV
- What is the small call interface on the iPhone and how does it work? iOS 14
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has approved the use of auto affiliate links that generate money. More. More Apple news may be found on 9to5Mac’s YouTube channel:
About the Author
@michaelpotuck Michael works as an editor for the 9to5Mac website. Since joining in 2016, he has produced more than 3,000 pieces, which include breaking news, reviews, extensive comparisons, and tutorials, among other things.
Michael Potuck’s favorite gear
(Image courtesy of Apple Inc.) Understanding how to block a source of infuriating text messages on your iPhone isn’t that tough to figure out either. It might be more difficult if the sender is employing spoofing to SMS you repeatedly from fictitious phone numbers. In fact, it’s possible to get SMS from a number that you’ve banned, if you don’t fix a little-known security flaw. You’ve hopefully already put your number on theDo Not Call Registry, but fraudsters or the toxic individuals in your life won’t comply by the FTC.
Even if they claim to remove spam messages from your inbox, avoid clicking on questionable text links.
(Image courtesy of Future)
How to block a text message’s source on iPhones
Consider the scenario in which you receive a strange and unpleasant text message, like I did yesterday with the extremely sarcastic wording seen in the image above. You can block that phone number in a matter of minutes by following a few simple steps.
- Upon opening the text, choose the blank profile symbol to the right of the phone number. TapInfo. Tap Infoagain in the succeeding menu to return to the previous screen. There will be an option to Block this Caller at the bottom of your next page
- Click on it.
This strategy is effective for spam SMS that have just been received. However, if you’ve already erased someone’s text messages, or if you haven’t gotten any yet but want to preemptively block them, you may do so using your Phone Contacts — provided you know the phone number you wish to block. Spammington, your spamming days have come to an end. (Image courtesy of Future)
- Open the Phoneapp and select the Contactstab from the drop-down menu. If you already have the person in question registered, tap their name and then go to the bottom of the menu choices to findBlock this Caller
- If you don’t already have the person in question registered, tap their name and then scroll to the bottom of the menu options to findBlock this Caller
- If you don’t have a Contact entry, you’ll need to establish one. To access the Contacts page, click on the +symbol in the top-right corner. Enter a name and phone number, and then clickDone. Then scroll all the way down to the bottom to block them
If you ever decide to unblock a phone number, you may do it quickly and easily by contacting them using their phone contact page. You can also get a list of all the numbers you’ve banned by going to SettingsMessagesBlocked Contacts.
How to block or filter texts from all unknown numbers
If you are receiving an excessive amount of messages from unknown numbers, you may not want to go to the trouble of banning them one by one. The best course of action is to block out any SMS that do not originate from a confirmed Contact so that you do not get them. Navigate to SettingsMessages and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. Unknown senders are separated out into a separate list if you select the ‘Filter Unknown Senders’ option from the drop-down menu. Then, to locate the concealed texts, select theFiltersbutton, followed by theUnknown Senders option.
Of course, unless you’re meticulous about adding new phone numbers to your contacts list, using this method may result in you losing essential communications.
The majority of people use them to automatically block robocalls, but they also have technology that can block texts from known spam numbers. As a result, you won’t have to worry about auto-blocking messages from individuals who you’ll genuinely want to hear from. (Image courtesy of Future)
Why am I still getting texts from a number I blocked?
This is a frequently asked subject on iPhone support forums, and there does not appear to be a straightforward answer. According to reports, a large number of consumers reported getting calls and messages from previously prohibited numbers shortly after upgrading to iOS 14. To soft-reset their iPhone– or, in other words, to turn it completely off and on again– has proven to be a successful remedy for some people. According to reports, this appears to assist the phone in recognizing that it should block the new contacts you have just made.
Your phone number and Apple ID email address will be listed after the phrase “you may receive iMessages from and reply from.” It’s conceivable that barring a contact merely prevents someone from spamming your phone with SMS, rather than from spamming your email account with messages.
He began his freelance writing career with TechRadar in 2016, where he wrote on upcoming technologies such as virtual reality and self-driving automobiles.
How to Block Texts on iPhone: 5 Easy Methods
Everyone has gotten alerts on their iPhones announcing a new prize or informing them that there is a problem with one of their protected passwords, among other things. In addition to being distracting, these spammy communications have the potential to bring major harm to your life if you unintentionally click on the links contained inside the messages. Remove these spammers from your life for good by understanding the many methods for blocking unknown contacts and texts from unknown senders right from your iPhone or iPad.
Anyone who has lately fallen out of favor with a family member or acquaintance may find this function to be quite beneficial.
Follow the actions outlined below to prevent unsolicited text messages from being sent to your saved contacts:
- Open your Contacts folder. Choose the contact you wish to ban from further communication
- TapBlock this Caller to prevent further communication.
A person who has access to that contact’s phone number will no longer be able to send you text messages or make phone calls to your phone number. As of right now, there isn’t a built-in solution for you to solely block text messages while still allowing that person to call you on your iPhone, or the other way around. Having said that, you may download a call-blocking program, which we will discuss in greater detail later in this article, that has the characteristic of allowing one kind of communication but not another.
2. Block Unwanted Numbers
Blocking spam messages from unknown numbers is one thing, but blocking spam messages from a stored contact in your phone is quite another.
Fortunately, if you are receiving these sorts of communications, you still have the option to prevent the undesirable number from contacting you in the future in the future.
- Open the relevant text message in your inbox. Press the profile button at the top of the screen and selectinfo
- Tap info again
- TapBlock this Caller to prevent further communication.
A stored contact in your phone is blocked in precisely the same way as a blocked contact on your phone. The unknown number will no longer be able to send spam messages to your phone or call you as a result of this blockade.
3. Filter Messages From Unknown Senders
Blocking phone numbers one by one is OK until you start receiving spammy texts from various numbers every single day, numerous times a day, and on a consistent schedule. Fortunately, even if this occurs and spammers have gained control of your telephone number, you can still block all of them using a tool that is built right into your iPhone. Simply filtering out communications from unknown senders will ensure that you never have to be warned of another fraud in the future. Here’s how it’s done:
- EnableFilter Unknown Senders in the Messages section of the Settings menu.
You won’t have to look at this folder often if you don’t want to, but checking it on a regular basis will help you catch important messages from numbers you haven’t saved in your contacts.For example, if a friend changes phone numbers or uses a different number to message you, the message will be automatically filtered from your regular text messages.To check your regular text messages, go to Messages > Filtered messages.
4. Download a Call-Blocker App
If you are dissatisfied with the built-in iPhone alternatives, you might consider downloading a call-blocking application. These applications have one major function, which is to prevent unsolicited calls and texts from being received on your iPhone. Each program will have its own set of capabilities that may be used for a variety of purposes other than simply blocking unwanted text messages from your phone. Aside from that, you’ll receive phone security, caller identification, call filtering, number lookup tools, and other features.
One of the most appealing aspects of VeroSMS is that none of your SMS data is sent to the company’s servers. As an alternative, all of the filtering is performed directly through your iPhone. In order to prevent any messages containing such terms from ending up in your message inbox, you may add alternative keywords to your filter list using the app’s keyword editor. Download:VeroSMS(Free)
Robo Shield is more than simply a text message blocking software for your iPhone. It lets you to have caller ID, automated call filtering, number lookup, and automatic number banning. If you want, you may set up category-based filtering, which filters communications according to the sorts of spammers they come from, such as robocalls. Download:Robo Shield(Free, in-app purchases available) (Free, in-app purchases available)
Truecaller is one of the largest and most extensively used call-blocking applications available, and it is completely free. The software is brimming with features that will assist you in getting more security out of your iPhone.
A paid version of the program is also available that eliminates applications and adds features such as incognito mode, call recording, and the ability to monitor who has seen your social media pages, among other things. Truecaller may be downloaded here (Free, premium version available)
Even while Nomorobo is not as well-known as some of the other blocking applications, it does provide a 14-day free trial so that you can examine how its capabilities compare to those of its rivals. You can not only block spammy text messages, but you can also filter out spammy phone calls that come into your phone. The option to automatically filter out robocalls or to send them directly to voicemail is available to you. Following installation, you’ll have a better understanding of the many functions available and will be better able to choose if it makes sense to keep the app or remain with the built-in iPhone alternatives, as needed.
If you simply want to ban one or the other, you’ll need to make sure that function is included in your app’s features list before purchasing it.
This is due to the fact that fraudsters are continuously changing their phone numbers and techniques in order to exploit security flaws in your system.
You might also ask your carrier to provide you with more filtering options for unknown senders.
Blocking Unwanted Text Messages on Your iPhone
When it comes to sending you unwelcome texts directly to your iPhone, spammers are continually refining their techniques. When it comes to getting rid of spammy texts from your iPhone, there are various built-in methods as well as third-party programs that can assist you. Once you’ve gotten your SMS messages under control, you can use some of the same techniques to getting rid of unwanted emails as well. You should be aware of the following three methods for blocking emails on your iPhone: Do you want to ban emails on your iPhone?
Continue reading this article a little bit about the author Raul Mercado is a Mexican actor.
He has been working in digital marketing for almost four years and spends his leisure time working on Camping Helper.
Sign up for our newsletter to receive tech tips, reviews, free ebooks, and special offers! To become a subscriber, please visit this page.
iPhone: How to Block SMS From Any Sender Including Bulk Messages
Spam is something that the majority of people have come to accept as a normal part of their lives. While there are several simple methods for filtering email spam, the majority of people do not bother with blocking SMS or text message spam. On Android, a variety of fantastic SMS applications allow you to completely filter spam texts or to put them to a separate folder to be reviewed later. However, if you have an iPhone, there’s a good probability that you receive a large number of spam messages on a daily basis and haven’t yet found out how to prevent them.
Here’s how to stop them once and for all. The procedures to stop spam SMS on iOS 10 are slightly different than the steps to filter spam SMS on iOS 9. These guidelines will assist you in preventing spam communications from being sent.
- Open the spam text message in the Messages app on your phone. Select theiicon in the upper-right corner
- Tap the sender’s name at the top of the screen, which is positioned just belowDetails
- TapBlock this Caller to prevent further communication. Contact is blocked by pressing the TapBlock button. Spam SMS from that sender will be blocked as a result of this. To unblock, go toSettingsCall BlockingIdentification and follow the instructions. Using theeditand then thered buttons to the left of each number, make changes.
These are the procedures to take for iOS 9.
- Open the spam text message in the Messages app on your smartphone. TapDetailson the top-right of the screen
- The button next to Do Not Disturb will allow you to stop receiving notifications from this sender but will not prevent you from receiving any alerts from this sender at all. Although you will no longer get alerts, you will continue to receive SMS messages. Theibutton should be used if you wish to completely block this sender. Scroll down and selectBlock this Caller from the drop-down menu.
You will no longer be receiving spam communications from that bulk sender as a result of this action. It is possible for spammers to SMS you from many IDs, such DM-SPAM, LM-MORESPAM, BZ-SPAM, and so on. Each of these bulk sender IDs has a unique number, which you may find out by following the steps in step 4. You’ll have to ban each of these phone numbers one by one if you want to entirely stop getting spam. Once you’ve completed this step, these IDs will be unable to contact you. If you want to unblock any of these spammers, simply follow the instructions outlined below.
- Locate the phone number associated with the bulk sender ID. In India, this is typically represented by the prefix +91 followed by an eight-digit number, such as +91 36386563 (which is one of the numbers Dunkin Donuts India uses to send promotional text messages)
- In the United Kingdom, this is typically represented by the prefix +44 followed by an eight-digit number, such as +44 44444444
- And in the United States, this is typically represented by the prefix +44 followed by an eight-digit number, such as +44 44444444 Slide the number to the left until the redUnblockbutton is seen
Did you successfully stop spam text message senders on your iPhone? If so, please share your experience. Please share your thoughts in the comments section. Visit our How To section for additional information on how to do things. Follow Gadgets 360 on Twitter, Facebook, and Google News for the most up-to-date tech news and reviews. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for the most up-to-date videos about gadgets and technology. The bot who lives on the premises. If you email me, you will receive a response from a person.
1. From the home screen, go to the Messagesapp icon. 2. To contact someone, first choose the desiredmessage thread, then click ontheContact iconat the top of your screen. Select the Information icon from the toolbar. SelectBlock this Caller from the drop-down menu, then selectBlock Contact to confirm your selection.
Unblock this Caller may be found under the desired contact’s name.
View blocked contacts and numbers
Pick theSettings applications from the home screen, then scroll to and select Messages, then scroll to and select Blocked Contacts from the list. Also, by selecting theSettings appscroll to and selectingPhoneBlocked Contacts, or theSettings appscroll to and selectingFaceTimeBlocked Contacts, you may get access to banned numbers and contacts on your phone. More information may be found in the Apple support articleBlock calls and filter or block texts on your iPhone.
Filter iMessages from unknown senders
When viewing your messages, scroll down to and select theFilter Unknown Senders option from the Messages page. The Messages app will transport filter-filtered iMessages to a whole different tab, as noted above. Filtered messages will not be notified to you, and you will not get them. More information may be found in the Apple support articleBlock calls and filter or block texts on your iPhone.
Manage messages: Apple iPhone on iOS 13
Learn how to block, delete, and preserve SMS / MMS messages on an iPhone running Apple iOS 13 by following the steps below. Check out the Software versions and updates section for the latest version of the software.
Block messages or spam
- Alternatively, from the Home screen, choose SettingsMessagesBlocked ContactsAdd New. Select the contact you wish to block by tapping on his or her name.
From the number
- Messages may be accessed from the Home screen. Select the text message from the number you wish to block and press “Enter.” Then, after selecting the contact’s name or phone number, choose the information icon, which looks like the letter “i.” Select the contact’s name or phone number by tapping it. Block this CallerBlock this ContactBlock this CallerBlock Contact
- To access the Settings menu, go to the Home screen and select the Settings icon. Select MessagesBlocked ContactsEdit from the drop-down menu. To unlock a number or contact, press the button next to the number or contact you desire to unblock. TapUnblock
From the number
- Messages may be accessed from the Home screen. Select the text message from the number you wish to block and press “Enter.” Then, after selecting the contact’s name or phone number, choose the information icon, which looks like the letter “i.” Select the contact’s name or phone number by tapping it. Unblock this caller by pressing the Unblock button.
Delete picture messages (MMS)
- Messages may be accessed from the Home screen. Select the thread that contains the message you wish to remove and tap it. Tap and hold the message you wish to erase until it disappears. TapMore
- Select the trash icon from the toolbar. Select Delete Message from the drop-down menu.
Delete text messages (SMS)
- Select Messages from the Home screen. To remove a message, choose the thread in which it is contained. To delete a message, tap and hold the message you want to remove it. TapMore
- Choose Trash from the drop-down menu. A message may be deleted by selecting it and then pressing Delete.
Save pictures received in a message (MMS)
- Select the photo from the desired picture message by tapping on it. Select the up arrow symbol in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Save the image by using the Save button.
SMS service center number
- Open the Phoneapplication by selecting it from the Home screen. After then, press the Keypad button and dial the following number:**50057672*12063130004
- Select the greenCallicon from the drop-down menu. The message “Setting Succeeded” should appear on screen.
How to block and report text spam
If you make a purchase after clicking on a Verge link, Vox Media may get a commission. See our code of ethics for more information. Getting a spam SMS may be really inconvenient; you receive a notice and stop what you’re doing to check your phone, only to discover that someone is attempting to sell you something that you don’t want or need.
What can you do to avoid it? Unfortunately, when it comes to combating text spam, there are no absolutes. However, there are several measures you can do to at the very least reduce the quantity of spam SMS that make it through. Here are some ideas to get you started.
Do not answer
Most important is to never respond to spam texts and to never click on any links contained inside spam texts, which you are probably already aware of. If you’re not sure if a text message is spam or authentic, don’t respond until you’ve done some investigation.
Use the spam filter on your phone
Spam-filtering tools are available on Android phones and iPhones, and you can turn them on.
If you have an Android phone:
- Open the Messages app on your phone. Select the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen. Make sure that “Enable spam protection” is toggled on in the SettingsSpam protection menu
- Then click OK.
Activate the Messages application; and Simply click on one of the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen. Make sure “Enable spam protection” is toggled on in the SettingsSpam protection menu.
If you have an iPhone:
Apple’s spam blocking is a touch more basic than Android’s: it bans phone numbers that you don’t have recorded in your contacts list and with whom you haven’t previously communicated, which might be a problem (for example, if you’re anticipating a call from a car service), but it is still useful.
- Launch the Settings application. Scroll down to and choose MessagesUnknownSpam from the drop-down menu. Toggle the “Filter Unknown Senders” switch on.
Block specific texts
When you get a spam SMS, you can choose to prevent that particular number from contacting you in the future.
If you have an Android phone:
Whenever you touch on a message that Android identifies as suspicious, the operating system will frequently provide you with the option to report it as spam (or to confirm that it is not spam). However, if you get a spam text that has not been flagged:
- Select the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen. Select Blockreport spam from the drop-down menu. Simply blocking that number is an option, as is selecting “Report spam” to have the number reported both to Google and probably your carrier.
Please keep in mind that the procedure may vary based on whatever Android phone you are using.
If you have an iPhone:
- Open the spam text and then click on the user symbol at the top of the page to log out. To get more information, click on the “info” symbol. Select “Block this Caller” from the drop-down menu.
If you wish to report a spam iMessage that you got, search for the “Report Junk” link under the message, press it, then tap “Delete,” and then “Report Junk” to complete the process. Please keep in mind that this does not instantly ban that phone number; you will need to do it individually.
Forward the text to 7726
Sending a spam text to 7726 may be done if you’re using one of the main carriers (Verizon, AT&T, or T-Mobile), and the spam text will be reported. (On your phone’s keypad, this will appear as “SPAM.”) This may also be feasible with other carriers; to find out if this is possible with your carrier, contact them directly. By the way, this isn’t simply a problem in the United States. Ofcom, which oversees communications services in the United Kingdom, also takes allegations of spam SMS routed to the number 7726.
Block spam using your carrier’s services
Most major carriers now provide spam-blocking services for phone conversations, and these services may be extended to text messages as well. Information about security services supplied by carriers such as AT T, T-Mobile, and Verizon may be found on their websites; if you use a different carrier, you can consult its website for specifics.
Use a third-party spam-blocking service
If you’re feeling very annoyed and the tactics outlined above aren’t working for you, you might want to consider employing a third-party anti-spam service. These are not provided for free. When you sign up for a seven-day trial of RoboKiller, the cost is $4.99 per month or $39.99 per year. Nomorobo, on the other hand, is $1.99 per month per device after a 14-day trial. If you do decide that you require a third-party service, you may take advantage of the trial period to determine if it is a good fit for you before committing to it.
ET on June 30th, 2021: Original publication date: June 29, 2020; this page has been updated to include the fact that forwarding to 7726 may be accomplished in the United Kingdom.
Updated on December 9th, 2021, at 9 a.m. Eastern Time: The information has been updated to match the most recent options for applications and phones.
How to Block Text Messages in iOS and Android
When dealing with a continual stream of spam messages or a persistent ex who won’t take “no” for an answer, it’s important to learn how to block communications on your computer. Regardless of whether you’re using iOS or Android, the procedure is typically less time-consuming and painless than you anticipate. You can easily block text messages — and even unwanted phone calls — no matter what sort of phone you have, and we’ll show you how. No matter what kind of phone you have, you may be wondering how to stop text messages — and even unwanted phone calls.
Block texts from the Messages app in iOS
Text messages may be blocked with relative ease in iOS. The Messages app on your iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, or previous iPhone is the quickest and most convenient way to block a message. Step 1: Select the message from the contact you wish to block and tap “Block.” Step 2: At the top of the message, tap their name or profile photo to send them a message. Tapinfo is the third step. Step 4: TapBlock the person who is calling.
How to block texts from known contacts in iOS
An alternative method of preventing messages from known contacts is to include them on yourBlocked list. It is possible to block not just texts, but also phone calls and FaceTime calls using one of the two methods discussed in the previous section. This saves you the time and effort of having to go into both the Phone and FaceTime applications to block the same person. Step 1: Launch the Settings application, scroll down, and select Messages. Step 2: Tap on the contacts that have been blocked.
Choose the contact you wish to prevent from contacting you.
To delete a contact, go to the Edit menu in the upper-right corner of the screen and choose theminus sign next to the name of the person you want to remove from the list.
Block texts from numbers that appear as unknown or private
Unfortunately, unlike known contacts, you are unable to completely block unknown and private numbers in the same manner that you may block known contacts. You may, on the other hand, screen and isolate them from the folks you are familiar with. The Unknown Senders tab will be created in your Messages app, and you will not get alerts for messages from unknown senders. It’s not the ideal solution, but it’s a respectable compromise. Step 1: Open your Settings app and scroll down to the Messages section.
Report spam iMessages
An other action you may do is to report spam and trash iMessages. In the event that you get an iMessage from someone you do not know, there will be a link to Report Junk in the message. Apple will receive the information and message from the sender if they click on the link. This should be handled by corporate personnel who should ultimately prevent the individual or bot from contacting you in the future. You may also send an email to [email protected] to complain about spam. Keep in mind that you’ll need a screenshot of the message, as well as the email address or phone number that sent the iMessage, as well as the date and time that you got it to prove you received it.
SMS and MMS communications are not handled by Apple, however you may always report them to your mobile service provider. For example, AT&T recommends sending the spam message to the number 7726. (SPAM). Following that, the carrier will check into the message further.
Blocking texts on a Google Pixel from the Messages App
There are two methods for blocking SMS on a Google phone, such as the Pixel 6 or the Pixel 6 Pro, which are described below. Both occur within the Messages application. Begin the Messagesapp first, and then open or start a chat with one of your contacts from there. TapMore (which is symbolized by three vertical dots), selectDetails, and then tapBlockReport Spam to complete the process. Step 1: Go to the Messages tab. Step 2: Tapping and holding on a message from someone you wish to block will do the trick.
Step 4: Press the Button.
Step 6: Tap the Details button.
How to block texts on a Samsung phone from a conversation
Samsung phones such as the Galaxy S20 FE, Galaxy S21, and Galaxy S21 Ultra, which are similar to Google phones, feature two methods for blocking texts. The first occurs while a user is engaged in a chat in theMessagesapp. Start by opening the Messages app and selecting the discussion you want to ban. Step 2: Verify that the contact is not a previously stored contact by tapping it, then tapBlock Numberat the top of the message to confirm. Please keep in mind that if the person you wish to block is a known contact, the procedure will be different.
- Tap Delete discussion in the dialogue box that appears to complete the process of removing a particular chat from your list.
- Step 5:Once more, in the dialogue box that appears, you may select Delete chat to erase the conversation from your list of conversations.
- Select “Block Contact” from the drop-down menu.
How to block texts on a Samsung phone in the Messages app settings
If you prefer, you may block messages, contacts, or phone numbers straight from theMessagesapp’sSettings menu item. Step 1: In the app, press the three dots in the upper-right corner to open the settings menu. Step 2: Select Settings from the drop-down menu. Step 3: Use the tap button to block numbers and spam. Step 4: Tap the corresponding block numbers. Using this dialogue box, you may manually input phone numbers to block, or you can acquire the numbers from your Contacts or via Conversations, whichever is appropriate.
How to block texts on (most) other Android phones
Android is a fantastic operating system that is available in a variety of forms, sizes, and tastes. As a result, there are a variety of methods for blocking texts and contacts in each Android operating system version. Messagesapp will be your primary destination for the majority of your communications. In most cases, a three-dot menu will appear, and inside it will be the option to access the Settings menu.
If you receive a message, you may touch on it and check for a block option in the message body. As with anything Android, your findings may vary, but at the very least, you’ll have a solid sense of where to start looking.
How to block texts using your carrier
In order to assist their clients in blocking texts from certain numbers, such as those belonging to telemarketers, several mobile carriers offer services and extra settings. T-Mobile offers Message Blocking, Verizon offers Calls and Messages Blocking, and AT T offers Secure Family.
Block texts with apps
There are hundreds of applications available in both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store that give you with additional options for blocking phone numbers and text messages. If you decide to proceed with this option, we urge that you look into it more. However, you should be aware of the potential privacy risks associated with sharing your contacts.
Should I Answer? (free)
Is it appropriate for me to respond? If you’re looking for a call-blocking app, is one of the greatest options available. It features an active forum where users can discuss and rate different phone numbers, as well as other information that makes it simple to determine if a phone number is authentic, a bot, a telemarketer, or a scam. It’s simple to block numbers, whether online or offline, and you have the option of blocking any or all numbers that are not in your contacts list. Text-blocking software does, in fact, have access to your contacts list.
Unfortunately, this application is not compatible with iPhones.
Hiya Caller ID and Block (free)
Using a vast database containing millions of phone numbers, this call-blocking application can identify and flag telemarketers, robocalls, scammers, and debt collectors, among other things. This program allows you to create a list of numbers to block or search for numbers in your phone call log using the reverse search feature. On the negative side, Hiya accesses your contacts and stores them in an encrypted database, which is accessed by third parties. In addition, the organization ensures that your contacts will never be sold and that they will only be used to generate white lists and match information.
Hiya was created by the same team that created Mr.
Using a vast database containing millions of phone numbers, this call-blocking program can identify and report telemarketers, robocalls, scammers, and debt collectors, among other things. In this program, you may either manually create a blacklist of phone numbers to ban or manually search for phone numbers in your phone call record. The disadvantage of Hiya is that it has access to your contacts and stores them in an encrypted manner in a database. In addition, the firm promises that it will never sell your contacts and that it will only use them to generate white lists and match information.
- Telegram is planning to incorporate animated emoji replies into its platform. The most effective antivirus applications for the iPhone
- The greatest iPhone 7 covers that are waterproof
- Have you recently purchased a brand new iPhone? As an example, here is how we set ours up
- WhatsApp is developing a new voice-calling experience for its users.
How to Block Text Messages on an iPhone : HelloTech How
Being inundated with text messages that you do not wish to receive may be quite annoying. There is a technique to block unwanted text messages from reaching your phone, whether they are from an old flame or spam texts from a less-than-reputable organization. The following steps will show you how to block text messages from a single caller as well as group messaging on an iPhone.
How to Block Text Messages on an iPhone
Select a text message from the number you wish to block in the Messages app on your iPhone to begin blocking text messages from that particular number. Then selectBlock this Caller from the profile information information menu.
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone and compose a message. On your home screen, look for the app with a speech bubble symbol in green and white
- Then open a text message from the number you wish to block
- And last, close the app. Following that, hit the profile symbol at the top of your screen
- Then tap the information button that appears. After that, press the infobutton. The little profile symbol will be located directly below the large profile icon on the following screen. Then selectBlock this Caller from the drop-down menu. Finally, from the pop-up menu, selectBlock Contact. You will notice an option to Unblock the Caller at the bottom of your screen if you have blocked a text message from a certain phone number. You may touch this at any moment to unblock the phone number
- However, it is not recommended.
As a result of doing so, you will no longer receive text messages or phone calls from that number in the future. In the event that you ever wish to unblock them again, the number will stay in your contact list for future reference.
How to Block a Group Text on an iPhone
To ban a group text on your iPhone, open the Messages app and pick the group text that you wish to prohibit from sending any further messages. Then click on the infobutton and drag the slider next to the word “Leave Conversation” to the right. Members can leave a group text at any moment as long as there are other individuals (a minimum of three persons) in the group text.
- Start by opening the Messages app on your iPhone
- Next, choose the group text that you wish to block
- And last, tap Block. Next, at the top of the screen, tap the profile symbol
- Then, press info
- And so on. After that, select the option to “Leave this Conversation.” Finally, selectDone from the pop-up menu after selectingLeave this Conversation. In the upper-right corner of your screen, you’ll notice this message
Please keep in mind that you will only be allowed to quit a conversation if the topic was started by someone else and if everyone in the group chat is using iMessage. Because this option will be disabled if no one is using iMessage, it will be greyed out, and you will not be able to leave the group if no one is using iMessage. However, you will still be able to access individual messages from the other members of the group even if you will no longer receive alerts from this group text. The notifications can be hidden if you do not want to leave the chat but do not want to read the messages for a specific length of time.
After that, you will see a crescent moon icon next to the group chat you are participating in.
Are you receiving a large number of unsolicited text messages? When you are stopped by a notification on your iPhone, only to discover that it is yet another spam message, it may be really frustrating. Here’s a little secret: you can make them disappear by utilizing a function that is already there in iOS. Here’s how to go about it. To begin, go to the Settings menu. Scroll down and down and down until you reach the section titled “Messages.” It should be tapped. After that, keep scrolling down and down and down until you reach “Filter Unknown Messages” at the bottom of the page.
- Toggle it on.
- That’s all there is to it.
- “ContactsSMS” will be located on the left side of the screen and will feature messages from recognized contacts in your address book.
- When you receive a message from a sender who is not included in your address book, you will not be notified.
- Warning:Once “Filter Unknown Senders” is activated, it is critical that you add all genuine senders to your address book in order to avoid receiving spam.
- In order to ensure that you receive an SMS from someone you know, make sure to add their phone number to your address book.
- Warning about a related issue: Gig workers from businesses such as Door Dash, Uber Eats, and InstaCart frequently utilize rotating unique text message numbers to communicate with consumers while they are shopping or picking up their order from their location.
- Likewise, see: I downloaded and installed Verizon’s free junk call filter, and it appears to be somewhat effective.
- For new iOS users who have an empty contacts app, all messages will be from contacts who are not included in the address book by default.
Let us know whether you’re looking forward to this new feature in the comments section. How many spam mails do you receive on a daily basis these days? Please share your thoughts in the comments box below.
More iOS tips
- IOS 13 introduces some new features that you may have overlooked previously. Today, take a look at your security and privacy settings. Instructions on how to completely delete your Siri and dictation history from Apple’s servers
- Is your iPhone’s battery life suffering? This article will show you how to detect and resolve battery drain issues. Tips for iPhone users: If you are in a hurry, turn off this iOS setting.
You can keep up with my project updates on social media, which I post on a daily basis. Follow me on Twitter at @DavidGewirtz, on Facebook atFacebook.com/DavidGewirtz, on Instagram atInstagram.com/DavidGewirtz, and on YouTube atYouTube.com/DavidGewirtzTV for the latest news and updates.