Open the text message from the number or contact you wish you block.
- Tap the number or contact at the top of the message, then click the small info button.
- On the Details screen, tap the right facing arrow next to the name, phone number, or address which texted you.
- Tap “Block this Caller.”
How can I block people from seeing my text messages?
- Use a strong passcode.
- Disable text message forwarding.
- Turn off lock screen message previews.
- Use an anti-intruder app.
- Enable two-factor authentication for iCloud.
- Use security software to protect your device.
- 1 How do I block unwanted text Messages?
- 2 Can you block someone from texting you?
- 3 How do I block incoming text messages on my cell phone?
- 4 How do I stop text messages from unknown numbers?
- 5 Can you block someone from text but not phone?
- 6 Can I block all unknown numbers?
- 7 Why am I getting spam texts on my iPhone?
- 8 Block, filter, and report messages on iPhone
- 9 Block messages from a specific person or number
- 10 Filter iMessage messages from unknown senders
- 11 Report spam or junk messages
- 12 How to Block Robotexts and Spam Messages
- 13 Do Not Respond
- 14 Block Phone Numbers
- 15 Report Phone Numbers
- 16 Filter Out Spammers
- 17 RoboKiller
- 18 SpamHound SMS Spam Filter
- 19 TextKiller
- 20 How to Block Text Messages in iOS and Android
- 21 Block texts from the Messages app in iOS
- 22 How to block texts from known contacts in iOS
- 23 Block texts from numbers that appear as unknown or private
- 24 Report spam iMessages
- 25 Blocking texts on a Google Pixel from the Messages App
- 26 How to block texts on a Samsung phone from a conversation
- 27 How to block texts on a Samsung phone in the Messages app settings
- 28 How to block texts on (most) other Android phones
- 29 How to block texts using your carrier
- 30 Block texts with apps
- 31 Message Blocking
- 32 You can easily block text messages on iPhone: Here’s how
- 33 How to block text messages from an individual
- 34 How to filter messages and calls from people you don’t know
- 35 How to Block Text Messages on Samsung Smartphones
- 36 Method 1: How to Block Texts on Samsung Galaxy with Phone Settings
- 37 Method 2: How to Block Text Messages with Third-Party Apps
- 38 Method 3: How to Block Text Messages through Service Providers
- 39 Block Text Messages on Samsung Smartphones – Gain Some Peace of Mind
- 40 iPhone: How to block texts
- 41 About the Author
- 42 How to block a text message’s source on iPhones
- 43 How to block or filter texts from all unknown numbers
- 44 Why am I still getting texts from a number I blocked?
- 45 Tired of Spammy Texts? Block Them
- 46 How to Block Text Messages on iPhone
- 47 How to Block Texts on Android
- 48 How to Block Text Messages in Other Apps
- 49 Block Text Messages Through the Carrier
- 50 How to block and report text spam
- 51 Do not answer
- 52 Use the spam filter on your phone
- 53 Block specific texts
- 54 Forward the text to 7726
- 55 Block spam using your carrier’s services
- 56 Use a third-party spam-blocking service
- 57 How to Stop Spam Text Messages (SMS)
- 58 What is a phishing text message?
- 59 How to block unwanted texts
- 60 How to block spam texts on Android
- 61 How to block spam texts on iPhone
- 62 Add extra protection with Avast Free Antivirus
How do I block unwanted text Messages?
Here’s how to block unwanted texts on your Android phone:
- Step 1: Open your messaging app and find the text you want to block. Then, select the three-dot icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Step 2: Tap the Block number option and confirm your decision in the pop-up.
Can you block someone from texting you?
Follow these steps to block a number from texting you: Open the Messages app. Open the conversation with the person you want to block. Tap the More icon. Select Block number.
How do I block incoming text messages on my cell phone?
How to block text messages on Android
- Start the Messages app and tap a message that you want to block.
- Tap the three-dot menu at the top right of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu, choose “Details.”
- On the Details page, tap “Block & report spam.”
How do I stop text messages from unknown numbers?
Go to Settings and tap on Messages. Scroll down to Filter Unknown Senders and toggle the setting on. If you are an Android user, open your phone app and tap on the three-dot icon and choose Settings. Under Settings, enable Caller ID & Spam.
Can you block someone from text but not phone?
You can’t block messages separately. However, you could set the text notification tone for that contact to “none”. Then messages received from them won’t wake you up or distract you. If you block someone on the iPhone, they are blocked for phone calls, messages and FaceTime.
Can I block all unknown numbers?
SILENCE ALL UNKNOWN CALLS For Android, tap the phone icon usually found at the bottom of your home screen. Then at the top right corner of the screen, tap the three dots, Settings, then Blocked Numbers. Then enable “Block Calls From Unidentified Callers” by tapping the toggle switch on the right.
Why am I getting spam texts on my iPhone?
You might sometimes receive spam text messages on your iPhone. Open Settings on your iPhone. Tap Messages. Turn on the feature under “Message Filtering” called “Filter Unknown Senders.”
Block, filter, and report messages on iPhone
In the Messages app, you may block undesired messages, filter communications from unknown senders, and report spam or junk messages to the appropriate authorities.
Block messages from a specific person or number
- You can block undesired messages, filter messages from unknown senders, and report spam or junk messages using the Messages app.
To access and manage your list of blocked contacts and phone numbers, click to SettingsMessagesBlocked Contacts. Apple Support provides the following article:Blocking phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (in English).
Filter iMessage messages from unknown senders
It is possible to turn off iMessage alerts from senders who aren’t in your contacts by filtering messages from unknown senders. The messages are sorted into the Unknown Senders tab in the Messages list when you filter messages from unknown senders.
- Go to SettingsMessages and choose Filter Unknown Senders from the drop-down menu. Please keep in mind that you will not be able to open any links in an email from an unknown sender until you either add the sender to your contacts or respond to the email.
Report spam or junk messages
When using iMessage, a message you receive from someone who isn’t already in your contacts list may be flagged as spam or junk mail. Apple can be contacted if you receive any of these messages. Hit Report Junk in the message, then tap Delete and Report Junk again. Information about the sender as well as the message are transmitted to Apple, and the message is permanently wiped from your device. Keep in mind that reporting trash or spam does not prohibit the sender from continuing to send messages; however, you can block the number in order to stop receiving texts.
The maximum number of characters is 250.
How to Block Robotexts and Spam Messages
You receive the sound of an incoming text message and eagerly check your phone, only to discover that it is a spam message sent to you by a spammer who is attempting to trick you into clicking on a link, opening an attachment, dialing a phone number, or doing something else that will put you in danger. Robotexts and spam messages, like robocalls and junk email, are an unavoidable aspect of modern life. Despite the fact that they are less intrusive than a spam call since they may be mainly ignored, this does not imply that they are completely safe.
However, you are not obligated to put up with their antics.
Do Not Respond
First and foremost, refrain from interfering with the communication. If you click on a link or attachment in a spam message, you run the risk of infecting your phone with malicious software. You don’t want to be the one to answer. When using a real robotext, there is usually an option to text STOP to have the firm remove you from their distribution list. However, this does not work when using a scammer’s robotext. When you react to spam, you’re actually merely confirming to the fraudster that your phone number is legitimate.
Your phone number may then be passed on to other fraudsters, increasing the likelihood of receiving further unsolicited calls and text messages. It is thus recommended that you should not answer to texts unless you are certain the text originated from a genuine firm that respects such requests.
Block Phone Numbers
You have the option of blocking a phone number that has been sending you spam texts. The disadvantage of using this strategy is that spammers frequently fake or swap phone numbers in order to avoid detection. If you block the phone number, you will still get messages from the same spammer who will use a different phone number to contact you. Open the text message that you have received on your iPhone. To get more information, hit the phone number at the top of the screen, followed by the Infobutton.
Open the text on your Android phone and hit the three-dot icon in the top right corner to zoom in.
It is possible to report spam by either selecting theBlock numberoption or by selectingDetailsand then tappingBlockreport spam.
Report Phone Numbers
It is possible to notify your mobile service provider of a robotext by forwarding it to a designated number. If you want to do this, copy and paste or forward the original message and text it to 7726, which is the number that spells SPAM. In order to forward, hold down the cursor on the problematic message, touch More, and then choose the forward option. The number is valid for AT T, Verizon Wireless, and T-Mobile, all of which will utilize the information to attempt to prevent further spam texts from being sent.
Filter Out Spammers
It is possible to turn off all potential spam messages from Google’s Messages app on an Android smartphone. SelectedSettingsSpam protectionand turned on theEnable spam protectionswitch may be found by tapping the three-dot icon in the top right corner of the program. If you receive an inbound message that is thought to be spam, your phone will now notify you. When using the Messages app on iOS, you may filter messages from unknown senders into a separate folder within the app. Activate it using the SettingsMessagesFilter Unknown Senders menu option.
They are primarily designed to stop spam phone calls, but they may also be used to block numbers that attempt to transmit spam text messages.
There is no charge for the basic version, however the Plus version costs $2.99 per month for a single line or $7.99 per month for three or more lines.
A caller identification tool is also included for numbers that are not currently in your contact list.
If you want a more sophisticated robotext filtering solution, you may want to consider using a third-party application.
RoboKiller, which is available for both iOS and Android devices, costs $3.99 per month or $29.99 per year. In order to assess if a text message is real or not, the program scrutinizes each message, examining the phone number, message content, attachments, and other data. If you have an iPhone and have installed the app, go to SettingsMessagesUnknownSpam. Turn on the RoboKiller switch in the SMS Filtering section of the settings. The message is moved to the SMS Junk folder in the Messages app if it is determined to be spam by RoboKiller.
SpamHound SMS Spam Filter
When it comes to SpamHound, each phone model has its own unique set of features that differ from one another. In order to filter SMS spam, theiOSapp works in conjunction with Apple’s built-in Messages software. TheAndroidapp, on the other hand, becomes your default SMS app for sending and receiving text messages. However, you are unable to upload GIFs, photos, videos, or other files to SpamHound, which automatically shows prior text messages and allows you to quickly access your contacts. It can identify spam messages based on keywords and other variables, which is useful for message filtering.
If you opt not to use RoboKiller, the same developers have created the iPhone application TextKiller, which is designed to exclusively block text messages. By default, the software scans texts for certain words, phrases, and other cues that indicate they are spam in order to identify whether texts are legitimate. If you label spam communications, you can aid it in learning from your activities. Creating block filters by adding particular phone numbers and blacklisting terms such as “Buy now” is another option.
The basic version is completely free, however it has certain limitations.
A premium edition is also available.
Like What You’re Reading?
How to Block Text Messages in iOS and Android
When dealing with a continual stream of spam messages or a persistent ex who won’t take “no” for an answer, it’s important to learn how to block communications on your computer. Regardless of whether you’re using iOS or Android, the procedure is typically less time-consuming and painless than you anticipate.
You can easily block text messages — and even unwanted phone calls — no matter what sort of phone you have, and we’ll show you how. No matter what kind of phone you have, you may be wondering how to stop text messages — and even unwanted phone calls.
Block texts from the Messages app in iOS
Text messages may be blocked with relative ease in iOS. The Messages app on your iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, or previous iPhone is the quickest and most convenient way to block a message. Step 1: Select the message from the contact you wish to block and tap “Block.” Step 2: At the top of the message, tap their name or profile photo to send them a message. Tapinfo is the third step. Step 4: TapBlock the person who is calling.
How to block texts from known contacts in iOS
An alternative method of preventing messages from known contacts is to include them on yourBlocked list. It is possible to block not just texts, but also phone calls and FaceTime calls using one of the two methods discussed in the previous section. This saves you the time and effort of having to go into both the Phone and FaceTime applications to block the same person. Step 1: Launch the Settings application, scroll down, and select Messages. Step 2: Tap on the contacts that have been blocked.
Choose the contact you wish to prevent from contacting you.
To delete a contact, go to the Edit menu in the upper-right corner of the screen and choose theminus sign next to the name of the person you want to remove from the list.
Block texts from numbers that appear as unknown or private
Unfortunately, unlike known contacts, you are unable to completely block unknown and private numbers in the same manner that you may block known contacts. You may, on the other hand, screen and isolate them from the folks you are familiar with. The Unknown Senders tab will be created in your Messages app, and you will not get alerts for messages from unknown senders. It’s not the ideal solution, but it’s a respectable compromise. Step 1: Open your Settings app and scroll down to the Messages section.
Report spam iMessages
An other action you may do is to report spam and trash iMessages. In the event that you get an iMessage from someone you do not know, there will be a link to Report Junk in the message. Apple will receive the information and message from the sender if they click on the link. This should be handled by corporate personnel who should ultimately prevent the individual or bot from contacting you in the future. You may also send an email to [email protected] to complain about spam. Keep in mind that you’ll need a screenshot of the message, as well as the email address or phone number that sent the iMessage, as well as the date and time that you got it to prove you received it.
For example, AT&T recommends sending the spam message to the number 7726.
Following that, the carrier will check into the message further.
Blocking texts on a Google Pixel from the Messages App
There are two methods for blocking SMS on a Google phone, such as the Pixel 6 or the Pixel 6 Pro, which are described below. Both occur within the Messages application. Begin the Messagesapp first, and then open or start a chat with one of your contacts from there. TapMore (which is symbolized by three vertical dots), selectDetails, and then tapBlockReport Spam to complete the process. Step 1: Go to the Messages tab. Step 2: Tapping and holding on a message from someone you wish to block will do the trick.
Step 4: Press the Button. To open a message in a different way, you can hit the three dots in the top right corner after you have tapped on it. Step 6: Tap the Details button. Step 7: TapBlockReport Spam to report spam.
How to block texts on a Samsung phone from a conversation
Samsung phones such as the Galaxy S20 FE, Galaxy S21, and Galaxy S21 Ultra, which are similar to Google phones, feature two methods for blocking texts. The first occurs while a user is engaged in a chat in theMessagesapp. Start by opening the Messages app and selecting the discussion you want to ban. Step 2: Verify that the contact is not a previously stored contact by tapping it, then tapBlock Numberat the top of the message to confirm. Please keep in mind that if the person you wish to block is a known contact, the procedure will be different.
- Tap Delete discussion in the dialogue box that appears to complete the process of removing a particular chat from your list.
- Step 5:Once more, in the dialogue box that appears, you may select Delete chat to erase the conversation from your list of conversations.
- Select “Block Contact” from the drop-down menu.
How to block texts on a Samsung phone in the Messages app settings
If you prefer, you may block messages, contacts, or phone numbers straight from theMessagesapp’sSettings menu item. Step 1: In the app, press the three dots in the upper-right corner to open the settings menu. Step 2: Select Settings from the drop-down menu. Step 3: Use the tap button to block numbers and spam. Step 4: Tap the corresponding block numbers. Using this dialogue box, you may manually input phone numbers to block, or you can acquire the numbers from your Contacts or via Conversations, whichever is appropriate.
How to block texts on (most) other Android phones
Android is a fantastic operating system that is available in a variety of forms, sizes, and tastes. As a result, there are a variety of methods for blocking texts and contacts in each Android operating system version. Messagesapp will be your primary destination for the majority of your communications. In most cases, a three-dot menu will appear, and inside it will be the option to access the Settings menu. If you receive a message, you may touch on it and check for a block option in the message body.
How to block texts using your carrier
In order to assist their clients in blocking texts from certain numbers, such as those belonging to telemarketers, several mobile carriers offer services and extra settings. T-Mobile offers Message Blocking, Verizon offers Calls and Messages Blocking, and AT T offers Secure Family.
Block texts with apps
There are hundreds of applications available in both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store that give you with additional options for blocking phone numbers and text messages. If you decide to proceed with this option, we urge that you look into it more. However, you should be aware of the potential privacy risks associated with sharing your contacts.
Should I Answer? (free)
Is it appropriate for me to respond? If you’re looking for a call-blocking app, is one of the greatest options available. It features an active forum where users can discuss and rate different phone numbers, as well as other information that makes it simple to determine if a phone number is authentic, a bot, a telemarketer, or a scam. It’s simple to block numbers, whether online or offline, and you have the option of blocking any or all numbers that are not in your contacts list. Text-blocking software does, in fact, have access to your contacts list.
The developer, on the other hand, claims that your contacts will stay private, with no sharing or uploading, and that contacts will only be accessible to check for incoming phone calls. Unfortunately, this application is not compatible with iPhones. Android
Hiya Caller ID and Block (free)
Using a vast database containing millions of phone numbers, this call-blocking application can identify and flag telemarketers, robocalls, scammers, and debt collectors, among other things. This program allows you to create a list of numbers to block or search for numbers in your phone call log using the reverse search feature. On the negative side, Hiya accesses your contacts and stores them in an encrypted database, which is accessed by third parties. In addition, the organization ensures that your contacts will never be sold and that they will only be used to generate white lists and match information.
Hiya was created by the same team that created Mr.
Truecaller, the follow-up to the well-regarded Truemessenger app, operates in a similar manner to its predecessor in that it notifies you when you get a spam call or text message. As soon as the program identifies spam, it will ban the senders, preventing them from calling or texting you in the future. The app’s powerful Caller ID algorithm quickly and accurately detects any strange numbers that are harassing you. This software is used by over 250 million people worldwide. Truecaller has told us that, despite the fact that your phone book will be accessed in order for the service to combat spam, your privacy will not be compromised.
While the app will access your phone book in order to provide its Caller ID feature, it will not collect or use any of the information that you have saved in your phone book.
- Telegram is planning to incorporate animated emoji replies into its platform. The most effective antivirus applications for the iPhone
- The greatest iPhone 7 covers that are waterproof
- Have you recently purchased a brand new iPhone? As an example, here is how we set ours up
- WhatsApp is developing a new voice-calling experience for its users.
There will be animated emoji reactions available on Telegram’s platform; The most effective antivirus applications for the iPhone The greatest iPhone 7 cases that are water-resistant. A brand new iPhone has arrived in your possession. As an example, here is how we set up ours; WhatsApp is currently developing a new voice-calling interface.
Manage Message Blocking
It is possible for the primary account holder to toggle on or off Message Blocking using My T-Mobile or the T-Mobile app. It is at the bottom of the blocking page, which we have provided a link to just below, that you will discover the Message Blocking choices. Configure the blocking options
More about Message Blocking
Messaging Blocking is intended merely to prevent messages from being sent, not to prevent overages. Message blocking allows you to do the following:
- Text and picture communications are blocked: This feature prevents all charged incoming and outgoing SMS and MMS messages from being sent or received. Instant Messages Delivered Via SMS: This feature prevents charged instant messages from being sent via SMS. Using this service, you will be unable to send or receive instant messages, regardless of whether you have a messaging bundle. It is possible that this service may not prevent all instant messages. Taxes and fees are included in the charges for customers on tax-inclusive rate plans.
Messages not blocked with Message Blocking
- Messages from third-party suppliers delivered to alert you of bought material are considered to be gratuitous. Text messages from short codes that are standard-rated
- Voicemail notifications
- Wireless emergency alerts and service notices
- Emails sent to and from your @tmomail.net email address are considered spam. On Windows Mobile or BlackBerry handsets, you may send instant messages or emails.
Report spam text messages
See Text message spam for information on how to report spam text messages.
- Commercial messages are text messages that businesses send to their clients, and they may be sent from two sorts of phone numbers:
- 4/5/6-digit sender number in a shortcode
- Longcode10-digit sender identification number
- Businesses must first obtain your consent before sending you these sorts of messages. These messages may include the following types of communications:
- One-time PINs
- Two-factor authentication (2FA)
- Security codes
- Promotional codes
- Appointment reminders
- Billing-related communications
- Messages relating to transportation and delivery services
- Political messaging
- And more.
- Check out our text messaging page for more information on the differences between consumer and non-consumer text messaging
Block unwanted messages
If you believe you are receiving messages from a business without your permission, follow these steps to ban certain phone numbers from sending you messages.
- First, respond to the message with one of the following words: STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, or QUIT
- When unsolicited communications continue to arrive, forward the message to (7726) to stop them (SPAM). Read more about strange communications on theHelp with scams, spam, and fraudpage
- If you require extra assistance with blocking a specific sender number, or if unwanted messages continue to arrive, please contact us for further assistance.
Block messages from a specific number
AddFamily Allowances to your account if you want to ban texts from a certain phone number. Family Allowances allows you to adjust the amount of allowable calls, minutes, texts, and downloads for all of the lines on your account from one place.
Message Blocking Active error message
If you receive a Message Blocking Active issue while communicating, refer to the troubleshooting section under Messaging and Email.
What is the significance of a text message informing me that I am not receiving critical messages? We’ve detected that you have a setting on your account that prevents you from receiving any commercial SMS texts. These messages may contain communications such as one-time PINs, security codes, promotional codes, appointment reminders, fraud warnings, and other types of informational messages. We sent you a text to let you know that we’ve lifted the restriction so that you may continue to receive these critical communications.
- Isn’t it possible to simply block them all?
- We do not advocate blocking all messages in order to guarantee that you get crucial messages, such as one-time PINs, security codes, promotional codes, appointment reminders, fraud warnings, and other communications.
- When receiving undesired communications, you have the option to respond with STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, or QUIT.
- What really is the situation?
- Please check with customer service to see if a block has been placed on your credit card account.
You can easily block text messages on iPhone: Here’s how
Whatever your reason for wanting to block text messages from someone, whether it’s to avoid spam or simply to keep undesirable people out of your life, there will almost certainly come a time when you’ll want to do so. It is rather simple to block text messages on an iPhone if you are using the iOS operating system. The same is true whether you’re attempting to restrict access to a single individual or using a more “scorched earth” approach, and we’ll explain how both strategies operate in this section.
How to block text messages from an individual
The procedure of barring texts from a certain person or phone number on an iPhone is basic. To start a new chat with that person in Messages, first open the conversation with them in Messages and then touch on their name (if they are in your contacts) or number at the top of the screen. Following that, pick “Info” from the panel that opens, and then click the “Block this Contact” option that is highlighted in red on the screen. Confirm your selection, and the offending individual is no longer accessible.
Just keep in mind that blocking someone is an all-or-nothing affair, which means that when you block someone, you’re effectively shutting down all modes of communication with them, including phone calls, FaceTime, email, and texts, among others.
Alternatively, if you change your mind in the future, you may access your banned callers list by navigating to SettingsPhoneBlocked Contacts on your smartphone.
This approach for blocking callers is functional in iOS 15, although it may be significantly different in previous or legacy versions of the operating system, such as iOS 7.
Though not identical across contemporary editions of iOS, the method should be comparable enough that following these steps will put you in the correct way. More information on how to restrict calls or texts on an iPhone may be found on Apple’s support website.
How to filter messages and calls from people you don’t know
When using an iPhone, you may also mute the constant stream of spam messages that arrive in your inbox through the use of an app. When using an iPhone, you may filter texts and calls from numbers that are not in your contact list, which might be handy if you receive a large volume of spam on a daily basis. To filter messages, navigate to SettingsMessages and turn on the “Filter Unknown Senders” toggle switch. That’s all there is to it. Using this method, you can also silence unknown callers by heading to SettingsPhoneSilence Unknown Callers and turning on the feature.
- For starters, these texts and phone calls will not be blocked outright by your iPhone’s security settings.
- Additionally, Apple states that you will not be able to open any links contained in such messages unless you either add that phone number to your contacts or react to the message in question, according to the company.
- If you receive a large number of trash messages or spam calls, this option may be beneficial; nevertheless, we recommend that you first block particular callers before relying on this service.
- In this day and age of two-factor authentication, many SMS messages received by unknown persons have some validity to them.
- In any case, regardless of who you want to ban or why you want to block them, the iPhone makes it rather simple to do so.
How to Block Text Messages on Samsung Smartphones
Have you ever received unsolicited text messages? Or did you keep receiving texts from someone you didn’t want to communicate with? We, on the other hand, have a solution for Samsung cellphones. When it comes to blocking undesired incoming messages, there are several options available, whether you wish to do it through your phone’s settings or through third-party apps. In order to prevent those bothersome spam text messages from wrecking your day, let’s look at what you can do. Unwanted text messages can be blocked.
Method 1: How to Block Texts on Samsung Galaxy with Phone Settings
You have three alternatives when it comes to blocking text messages through your phone’s settings. Let’s have a look at what they are:
1. Block the Number
To stop receiving text messages from a specific number, all you have to do is ban the number from sending you texts. However, you will not receive any type of notice from this number if you do not do so.
Here’s how it’s done: Open the contact you wish to block, choose Add to reject list from the drop-down menu, and then confirm your selection. That’s all there is to it! There will be no more alerts from blocked numbers!
2. Add to Spam
The alternative method of blocking text messages is to open the message that is troubling you, pick the menu option, and then select Add to Spam numbers from the drop-down menu. The result is the same as it would be if you blocked the number; the only difference is that the number will not be aware that you have blacklisted them; instead, you will simply not get any notifications.
3. Auto-Reject List
You may quickly blacklist phone numbers so that they will have no way of reaching you while they are on the list, which is a simple process. Adding or removing phone numbers from the list is as simple as going to Settings, then Call Settings, then Call Rejection, and then adding or removing them from the list.
Method 2: How to Block Text Messages with Third-Party Apps
There are a variety of programs available to assist you in blocking text messages on Samsung smartphones. This post will explain you how to use the Calls Blacklistapp, which will be demonstrated in the following video. However, if you are interested in seeing additional programs, we propose that you read our post on the Best Text Blockers for Android.
Step 1: Download the App
All you have to do is launch the app, click on the “+” icon, and enter the phone number from which you do not wish to receive text messages. Calls are blocked from reaching you if you are on the blacklist.
Method 3: How to Block Text Messages through Service Providers
Furthermore, you may restrict access to numbers through your service providers, and we will demonstrate how to do so with US Carriers in this article. You may learn more about this topic by reading “How to Block Numbers on Android,” which we recommend you read.
You may do this using your personal computer by visiting their website, selecting the Blocks page, and entering the phone numbers from which you do not wish to receive text messages. Alternatively, you may utilize the Verizon App, where you must first enter the menu, then select Devices, and then Manage. Select CallMessage Blocking from the drop-down menu and enter the phone numbers you wish to ban.
2. AT T
Log in to your AT T account by opening the AT T app. Then, from the screen that will appear, you may manage the blocked numbers on the list as needed.
Just as with Verizon, there are 2 choices for banning numbers. Go to Preferences and then click on Limitations and Permissions from your desktop, where you will be required to check in to your account first. Click on Block Voice and just add the numbers that are troubling you. Alternatively, you might utilize the Sprint App, in which case you would click to Settings and then select Call+SMS Filter. Tap on Block Calls, find the number you want no notifications from and block it.
Block Text Messages on Samsung Smartphones – Gain Some Peace of Mind
There are instances when receiving text messages from someone is simply not something you want to do. You may be annoyed by them, whether or not they are spam. This is very natural. Because your smartphone is a commodity, not a need, it is important to treat it as such. As a result, we hope that the methods we offered to you were helpful in getting you out of a jam and that they performed as expected. So, what methodology did you employ? Were you completely satisfied? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below!
He is enthusiastic in writing and technology, and he has a particular interest in Android problem-solving. When he isn’t writing or talking about technology and marketing, you can find Jag slamming cricket balls or shooting baskets on a basketball court near him.
iPhone: How to block texts
Unwanted text messages, whether from someone you know, someone you don’t know, or someone you’d prefer to forget, may be a pain. Follow along on how to ban messages on iPhone. It’s easy to fall into the habit of deleting text messages from undesired senders instead of unsubscribing or blocking them, just as it is with email communications. However, it doesn’t take more than a few seconds to avoid future difficulties and time-consuming mistakes from occurring. It’s important to note that if you block texts from a certain number, it will also ban conventional phone calls and FaceTime calls from that number.
How to block texts on iPhone
- When you receive unwelcome text messages, it doesn’t matter if they are from a friend, a stranger, or someone you’d rather forget. Learn how to ban SMS on your iPhone by following the steps below. It is easy to fall into the habit of deleting text messages from undesired senders rather than unsubscribing or blocking them, just as it is with emails. However, it doesn’t take more than a few seconds to avoid future difficulties and time-consuming mistakes from happening. Remember that if you block texts from a certain number, it will also ban conventional phone calls and FaceTime calls from that number as well! Due to the fact that the method has evolved over time, we’ll look at how to block text messages on iPhone on iOS 14 and 13, as well as iOS 12.
Here’s what it looks like on iOS 14 and iOS 13 respectively:
How to manage blocked numbers
- On your iPhone, navigate toSettings
- sSwipe down and tapPhone
- Swipe down again and chooseBlocked Contacts
- You’ll see the entire list of numbers you’ve banned (including SMS and calls)
- Then, to unblock a number, select it and press the Edit button in the upper right corner. When completed, press the Done button.
How to block texts in iOS 12
- In the Messages app, choose a message from a phone number that you’d like to ban
- In the top right corner, tap the arrow to the right of the phone number
- In the lower right corner, tap the arrow to the left of the phone number
- In the lower left corner, tap the arrow to the right of the phone number
- In the lower left corner At the bottom of the screen, selectBlock this Caller.
How to manage blocked numbers
- Swipe down and touch on Messages after opening Settings. Swipe down and choose Blocked from the drop-down menu. In the upper right corner, choose Edit, and then delete any numbers you’d like to unblock.
Read more 9to5Mac tutorials:
- Swipe down and touch on Messages in the Settings menu. Select Blocked by swiping down and tapping it
- In the upper right corner, choose Edit, and then delete any numbers you’d wish to make available.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has approved the use of auto affiliate links that generate money. More. More Apple news may be found on 9to5Mac’s YouTube channel:
About the Author
@michaelpotuck Michael works as an editor for the 9to5Mac website. Since joining in 2016, he has produced more than 3,000 pieces, which include breaking news, reviews, extensive comparisons, and tutorials, among other things.
Michael Potuck’s favorite gear
@michaelpotuck Micheal works as an editor for the website 9to5Mac, among other things. Having joined the team in 2016, he has authored more than 3,000 pieces, which include breaking news, evaluations of products, extensive comparisons, and tutorials. You’ve probably already registered your phone number with the Federal Trade Commission’s Do Not Call Registry, but fraudsters and toxic individuals in your life will not follow the FTC’s rules. As a result, we’re here to guide you through every option open to you when it comes to blocking unsolicited texts.
Instead, you should block them.
How to block a text message’s source on iPhones
Consider the scenario in which you receive a strange and unpleasant text message, like I did yesterday with the extremely sarcastic wording seen in the image above. You can block that number in just a few short steps.
- Upon opening the text, choose the blank profile symbol to the right of the phone number. TapInfo. Tap Infoagain in the succeeding menu to return to the previous screen. There will be an option to Block this Caller at the bottom of your next page
- Click on it.
This strategy works for recently received spam SMS. However, if you’ve already erased someone’s text messages, or if you haven’t gotten any yet but want to preemptively block them, you may do so using your Phone Contacts — provided you know the phone number you wish to block. Your spamming days stop here, Spammington (Image courtesy of Future)
- Open the Phoneapp and select the Contactstab from the drop-down menu. If you already have the person in question registered, tap their name and then go to the bottom of the menu choices to findBlock this Caller
- If you don’t already have the person in question registered, tap their name and then scroll to the bottom of the menu options to findBlock this Caller
- If you don’t have a Contact entry, you’ll need to establish one. To access the Contacts page, click on the +symbol in the top-right corner. Enter a name and phone number, and then clickDone. Then scroll all the way down to the bottom to block them
If you ever decide to unblock a phone number, you may do it quickly and easily by contacting them using their phone contact page. You can also get a list of all the numbers you’ve banned by going to SettingsMessagesBlocked Contacts.
How to block or filter texts from all unknown numbers
If you are receiving an excessive amount of messages from unknown numbers, you may not want to go to the trouble of banning them one by one. The best course of action is to block out any SMS that do not originate from a confirmed Contact so that you do not get them. Navigate to SettingsMessages and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. Unknown senders are separated out into a separate list if you select the ‘Filter Unknown Senders’ option from the drop-down menu. Then, to locate the concealed texts, select theFiltersbutton, followed by theUnknown Senders option.
Of course, unless you’re meticulous about adding new phone numbers to your contacts list, using this method may result in you losing essential communications.
The majority of people use them to automatically block robocalls, but they also have technology that can block texts from known spam numbers. As a result, you won’t have to worry about auto-blocking messages from individuals who you’ll genuinely want to hear from. (Image courtesy of Future)
Why am I still getting texts from a number I blocked?
This is a frequently asked subject on iPhone support forums, and there does not appear to be a straightforward answer. According to reports, a large number of consumers reported getting calls and messages from previously prohibited numbers shortly after upgrading to iOS 14. To soft-reset their iPhone– or, in other words, to turn it completely off and on again– has proven to be a successful remedy for some people. According to reports, this appears to assist the phone in recognizing that it should block the new contacts you have just made.
Your phone number and Apple ID email address will be listed after the phrase “you may receive iMessages from and reply from.” It’s conceivable that barring a contact merely prevents someone from spamming your phone with SMS, rather than from spamming your email account with messages.
He began his freelance writing career with TechRadar in 2016, where he wrote on upcoming technologies such as virtual reality and self-driving automobiles.
Tired of Spammy Texts? Block Them
Using the text message blocking feature, your phone is prevented from receiving texts from any certain number. There are a variety of reasons why you would wish to do this, including to halt spam or to end a relationship with another person. Because you don’t need a special message blocker to accomplish this, you can just use the built-in settings on your iPhone or Android device to disable text messages. The technique you must use to block numbers, on the other hand, varies depending on the application you are using to deliver messages.
When you block a phone number in order to avoid receiving texts from it, you are also prohibiting phone calls from that number.
They apply to both iPhone and Android smartphones, independent of their manufacturer (for example, Google, Samsung or HTC) or service provider (for example, AT&T or Verizon) (like AT T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon).
How to Block Text Messages on iPhone
There are a variety of options for blocking messages on the iPhone. Not only will you be unable to receive text messages from that number, but you will also be unable to receive phone calls or FaceTime calls from that number.
From an Existing Text Message
- Start by opening Messages and tapping on the discussion that contains the phone number you wish to ban
- Make use of the arrow to the right of the contact to choose it. Choose information (shown by the circular I icon)
- Select Info (the final item in a sequence of four buttons that displays), and then click OK. Scroll down and selectBlock this Caller from the drop-down menu. Confirmation is obtained by selectingBlock Contact.
From a Recent Call
If the point of contact is a phone call, open the list of calls in the Phone or FaceTime app, press the(i)icon next to the number you want to block, and then selectBlock this Caller from the pop-up menu that appears.
If you don’t have a recent message or phone call from the person you want to block, but they’re a contact on your phone, you may set up the call and text blocking from the Settings menu in your phone.
- Choose MessagesBlocked Contacts
- And then select Add New. If you have a large number of previously blocked numbers, you will need to go to the very bottom of the page. Select the contact you wish to ban from further communication
How to Block Texts on Android
The messaging software you use to send and receive texts is critical in terms of blocking unwanted messages on Android.
If you use the Google Messages app on your phone or tablet, take these steps to prevent SMS from being sent to you:
- Tap the screen to keep the discussion going
- Activate the app by selecting the circle with a line through it in the upper right corner. To report the number as spam, select it from the drop-down menu and press OK.
Another method of blocking texts in the Google Messages app is to just start the chat and close it. Details, blocking, and reporting spam may be accessed via the menu at the upper right of your screen.
How to ban messages on your Android phone if you use the Facebook Messengerapp as your default SMS software is described below.
- Hold the phone call with the number you wish to block for as long as you can. SelectBlock from the drop-down menu
- TapBlock once more to confirm your selection.
Other Text Blocking Methods for Android
There are many different versions of the Android operating system still in use, so if you’re using one that doesn’t conform to the guidelines above, the screenshots you see here will be different from what you see on your phone or tablet in real life. If you haven’t had success with any of the above techniques for banning messages on Android, try one of the following:
- In order to start a discussion, open it, press the three dots at the top right of the screen, selectBlock number, and then clickOK. To block numbers and messages, go to SettingsBlock numbers and messagesBlock numbers by tapping the three dots at the top of the screen. You may either type in the number you wish to block or pick one from your Inbox or Contacts, and then click on the green plus symbol to include the number in your block list. Select the Settings or menu-looking button and then search through the choices for anything connected to SMS, text messages, phone calls or other phrases that may be used to describe how someone could contact you. Alternatively, select the Contacts option from the drop-down menu. There ought to be a block option available
How to Block Text Messages in Other Apps
There are so many messaging applications available for iPhone and Android that including SMS blocking instructions for each and every one of them would be impossible. To block text messages in a handful of the most popular applications, follow the steps outlined below:
- WhatsApp: We have a separate guide on how to ban a WhatsApp contact, which you can find here. Signal: Open the chat, touch the three-dotted menu button, selectConversation options, and then selectBlock
- Or Opening a chat on Telegram, tapping the contact’s name at the top of the screen, and then using the menu button to selectBlock user
- Block people on Google Voice by selecting them from the Messagestab, then tapping the menu button at the top right of the screen to get to Peopleoptions, and then selectingBlock
- In Skype, open the chat by selecting it and then tapping the person’s name at the top of the screen, then scroll down to the bottom and selectBlock contact
- Although you cannot ban messages in Verizon Messages (Message+), you may do so from your Verizon account
- Verizon Messages (Message+):
Block Text Messages Through the Carrier
Some wireless carriers have message blocking tools that you may use to filter spam text messages or to ban certain phone numbers from sending you texts. For parents who supervise many phones and don’t want their children to be able to readily erase their limitations, this could be the ideal method of blocking communications for their children. Follow these links to find out all you need to know about blocking text messages on each of these carriers’ websites, regardless of what sort of phone is being used to access the account: Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile (depending on the carrier).
Spam texts may be reported by sending the message to the number 7726 if you are using an AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, or Bell phone plan (it stands for SPAM).
Thank you for informing us about this!
How to block and report text spam
If you buy anything from a Verge link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our code of ethics for more information. Getting a spam SMS may be really inconvenient; you receive a notice and stop what you’re doing to check your phone, only to discover that someone is attempting to sell you something that you don’t want or need.
What can you do to avoid it? Unfortunately, when it comes to combating text spam, there are no absolutes. However, there are several measures you can do to at the very least reduce the quantity of spam SMS that make it through. Here are some ideas to get you started.
Do not answer
Most important is to never respond to spam texts and to never click on any links contained inside spam texts, which you are probably already aware of. If you’re not sure if a text message is spam or authentic, don’t respond until you’ve done some investigation.
Use the spam filter on your phone
Spam-filtering tools are available on Android phones and iPhones, and you can turn them on.
If you have an Android phone:
- Open the Messages app on your phone. Select the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen. Make sure that “Enable spam protection” is toggled on in the SettingsSpam protection menu
- Then click OK.
If you want to view what numbers you’ve designated as spam, you may go to “Spamblocked” in the primary menu.
If you have an iPhone:
Apple’s spam blocking is a touch more basic than Android’s: it bans phone numbers that you don’t have recorded in your contacts list and with whom you haven’t previously communicated, which might be a problem (for example, if you’re anticipating a call from a car service), but it is still useful.
- Launch the Settings application. Scroll down to and choose MessagesUnknownSpam from the drop-down menu. Toggle the “Filter Unknown Senders” switch on.
Block specific texts
When you get a spam SMS, you can choose to prevent that particular number from contacting you in the future.
If you have an Android phone:
Whenever you touch on a message that Android identifies as suspicious, the operating system will frequently provide you with the option to report it as spam (or to confirm that it is not spam). However, if you get a spam text that has not been flagged:
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner
- Select DetailsBlockreport spam
- You can merely block the number if you desire, or you can click “Report spam” to submit the number to Google and probably your carrier as well
Note that this method might alter depending on whatever Android phone you’re using.
If you have an iPhone:
- Open the spam text and then click on the user symbol at the top of the page to log out. To get more information, click on the “info” symbol. Select “Block this Caller” from the drop-down menu.
If you wish to report a spam iMessage that you got, search for the “Report Junk” link under the message, press it, then tap “Delete,” and then “Report Junk” to complete the process. Please keep in mind that this does not instantly ban that phone number; you will need to do it individually.
Forward the text to 7726
Sending a spam text to 7726 may be done if you’re using one of the main carriers (Verizon, AT&T, or T-Mobile), and the spam text will be reported. (On your phone’s keypad, this will appear as “SPAM.”) This may also be feasible with other carriers; to find out if this is possible with your carrier, contact them directly. By the way, this isn’t simply a problem in the United States. Ofcom, which oversees communications services in the United Kingdom, also takes allegations of spam SMS routed to the number 7726.
Block spam using your carrier’s services
Most major carriers now provide spam-blocking services for phone conversations, and these services may be extended to text messages as well. Information about security services supplied by carriers such as AT T, T-Mobile, and Verizon may be found on their websites; if you use a different carrier, you can consult its website for specifics.
Use a third-party spam-blocking service
If you’re feeling very annoyed and the tactics outlined above aren’t working for you, you might want to consider employing a third-party anti-spam service. These are not provided for free. When you sign up for a seven-day trial of RoboKiller, the cost is $4.99 per month or $39.99 per year. Nomorobo, on the other hand, is $1.99 per month per device after a 14-day trial. If you do decide that you require a third-party service, you may take advantage of the trial period to determine if it is a good fit for you before committing to it.
ET on June 30th, 2021: Original publication date: June 29, 2020; this page has been updated to include the fact that forwarding to 7726 may be accomplished in the United Kingdom.
Updated on December 9th, 2021, at 9 a.m. Eastern Time: The information has been updated to match the most recent options for applications and phones.
How to Stop Spam Text Messages (SMS)
It’s possible that hiring a third-party anti-spam solution can solve your problems if you’re really irritated with the aforementioned methods. However, these services will cost you money. When you sign up for a seven-day trial of RoboKiller, the cost is $4.99 per month or $39.99 per year. Nomorobo, on the other hand, costs $1.99 per month per device after a 14-day trial. If you do determine that you require a third-party service, you may take advantage of the trial period to see if it is a good fit for you before committing to the full-time subscription.
ET, on June 30th, 2021.
Today’s update comes in at nine o’clock ET on December 9, 2021.
What is a phishing text message?
If you compare it to regular spam, which merely offers a product or service, phishing text messages are frauds that are intended to trick you into supplying personal information, such as your login and password, or your credit card information. Because they are frequently sent to numerous recipients at the same time, phishing messages can be readily mistaken for spam. Phishing attempts, on the other hand, are designed to steal your data or trick you into downloading dangerous software instead of promoting a product.
How to block unwanted texts
Are you ready to get rid of all of the fraudulent text messages in your inbox? Text messages from random numbers may be permanently blocked with a few easy steps, and your accessibility to spam phone numbers can be reduced as a result of these actions. We’ve developed a list of Dos and Don’ts to help you make your website less appealing to spammers. Here’s how to avoid spam text messages from reaching you:
- Don’t respond: By ignoring spam messages when you see them, you convey to the sender that your phone number is not a responsive target, pushing them to find an audience elsewhere
- Do block numbers: Although it appears to be a simple process, blocking a known spam number can assist in cutting off the sender’s channel of communication (though many spammers canspoofcountless new phone numbers). Thankfully, preventing spam SMS is equally effective on both iPhones and Android smartphones
- Do report spam texts to your mobile network provider: Scammers are growing smarter, but so are mobile service providers. By reporting suspicious or spam messages to your carrier, you help avoid such texting scams in the future
- Make advantage of spam-blocking applications: The installation of a spam filter on your mobile device helps to eliminate unpleasant robocalls and messages while also providing an additional degree of data protection for your personal information. If you’re an iOS user, click down to our selection of thebest SMS blocking applications for iPhone. If you’re on Android, jump on to our overview of thebest SMS blocking apps for Android
- Don’t click on links in communications you receive: Strange links can lead to dangerous websites that steal your data, run up your cell bill, or infect your device with malware. Don’t click
- Do secure your personal info:Legitimate firms won’t ask for sensitive personal information, such as account passwords or government identity numbers. Please keep this information to yourself. Make sure to check your cell bill on a frequent basis: Some mobile scams compel your phone to call or text premium numbers, resulting in an increase in your monthly phone bill. Examine your mobile billing accounts for any abnormally high prices or unexpected data consumption
- If you find anything, contact your carrier. Make advantage of the spam-blocking capabilities built into your phone: Check your phone’s privacy and security settings, and utilize caller blocking, spam filters, and other anti-spam features to keep unwanted calls and messages at bay.
How to block spam texts on Android
When you get a potentially spam text message on your Android device, the question becomes: How can you prevent the caller from calling you again in the future? You should start by simply blocking spam SMS as a first line of protection. Here’s how to prevent unsolicited SMS from arriving on your Android phone: 1.
- Opening your messaging app and looking for the text you wish to block is the first step. Afterwards, click on the three-dot icon that appears in the upper-right corner of the screen. To proceed to Step 2, select theBlock number option and confirm your selection in the pop-up window.
While the technique outlined above is the same across most Android devices, call and text blocking may differ based on your Android version, as explained above. Additionally, if you have installed a different calling or messaging app on your Android smartphone, this will apply to you as well.
Best text blocking apps for Android
For an added layer of spam defense, install an Android app to block text messages. We have something for everyone on our list of the top text blockers for Android, which includes features such as call silencing and spam identification. Additionally, for additional protection from the spam annoyance, consider using an ad blocker for Android.
Calls Blacklist is a comprehensive call and SMS message blocking application that allows you to stop calls and SMS messages from both unknown and private numbers.
Alternatively, you may completely minimize unwanted interruptions by disabling call alerts entirely.
- Calls Blacklist is small and lightweight, taking up less than 1 MB of disk space. The following features are completely customizable: Other parameters can be adjusted to better recognize and block numbers that have the identical initial digits. Create a timetable that is unique to you: Lock your phone down at a moment that is convenient for you
The AI-drivenKey Texts text message blocker for Android is an award-winning text message blocker that automatically prevents spam messages from unknown senders.
- MMS-compliant in every way: Simple and straightforward delivery of multimedia material
- Streamlined screening procedures: SMS messages can be blocked based on the categories you pick
- Keep copies of the following documents: Data backups should be done to a Google Drive account.
Featuring a comprehensive set of features, Call Control is a spam call and SMS blocker for Android that automatically detects and stops both spam phone calls and spam SMS messages.
- Incognito mode: Select this option to automatically hide incoming calls and texts. Take complete control: Make your own customized blacklists. Smart screening: This feature automatically rejects all proven and probable spam contacts.
How to block spam texts on iPhone
In the event that you find yourself gazing at yet another iPhone spam SMS, your only option is to block the spammer. In addition to breaking the line of contact established by the caller, you will make yourself less vulnerable to future attempts by instantly blocking spam texts sent to your iPhone.
Block spam texts from the Messaging App
Are you ready to take action to combat spam at its source? Here’s a step-by-step instruction on how to prevent spam messages and unsolicited SMS from arriving on your phone:
- Step 1: Go to the text message conversation thread and start typing. Step 2: Tap the name of the sender, then click theInfo symbol at the top of the text screen
- Step 3: Tap the name of the recipient
- The Block this Calleroption, which is indicated in red, may be found at the bottom of the page. Step 3:
Filter and block spam texts automatically
Your iPhone is also capable of automatically filtering out spam text messages. Here’s how to automatically prevent spam text messages:
- Step 1: Navigate to the Settings menu on your iPhone and choose the Messages section. Second, activate the Filter Unknown Sendersfeature by swiping the toggle button to its right, just below theMessage Filtering header. Messages received from unknown numbers will be collected in a separate list if you have this option enabled.
Best text blocking apps for iPhone
We propose a text blocking software for iPhone for iOS users who want to add an extra degree of security to their device. Our most recent update to our list of the top iOS text and call filters includes applications that are effective against every type of spam. For even more protection against unwanted interruptions on your phone, consider using an ad blocker for iOS.
Hiya is a feature-rich call and SMS blocker software for the iPhone that automatically detects and stops spam calls, such as robocalls and telemarketers, without the need for user intervention.
- Interface that is more streamlined: Easily view numbers that have been blocked
- Blocking of area codes and prefixes: Identify and block possibly faked spam calls based on their location
- Option for a reverse phone lookup: Connect names to numbers that haven’t been saved
TrueCaller, one of the largest and most widely used spam-blocking applications, offers a completely free membership tier while also methodically preventing spam messages from reaching users’ phones.
- Feature-rich: It comes with a spam-blocker as well as a caller ID. Automatically detects spam, automated phone calls, and other fraudulent messages before you respond to them
- Developed by the community Confirms the identification of any caller based on the experiences of other users in an informational database.
VeroSMS is a specialized and powerful SMS filter that prioritizes your privacy. It allows you to block texts based on a keyword or using crowdsourcing data from a certain location.
- Enhanced privacy protection: VeroSMS does not have access to your texts, and none of your information is transmitted to its servers. Customized contacts: Prevent outside callers from being banned while allowing verified contacts to be blocked
- VeroSMS has an unlimited number of keyword options and will not allow any spam to get through undetected.
SMS Shield is a spam filtering program that uses machine learning to discover and filter junk messages with great efficiency. It works both offline and on your smartphone to find and filter trash messages.
- Manual control options include: blocking particular SMS contacts based on keywords
- Restricting access to specified websites
- And restricting access to specific applications. AI engine included into the app: Easily distinguish between fresh and recycled spam
- Mode of transportation for frequent travelers: While functioning in various languages, it is possible to block border-crossing SMS messages.
Add extra protection with Avast Free Antivirus
Spam may appear to be innocent, but dodgy links and concealed viruses can cause serious damage to your computer or smartphone. Avast Mobile Securityprovides an additional layer of protection against risks hidden in spam communications, making it an excellent choice. In addition to providing real-time protection against malware and other dangers, Avast Mobile Security protects your sensitive information as well as your system, ensuring that you and your data are never compromised. It’s never been easier to keep secure, thanks to the availability of versions for both Android and iOS devices.