Apple iPhone – Delete Messages
- From a Home screen, tap the. Messages icon..
- To delete a single conversation, swipe left on the conversation that you want to delete. To delete more than one conversation: Tap. Edit. (prior to selecting a conversation). Tap. Select Messages..
- Tap the. Trashcan icon..
- Tap. Delete..
How do you delete an unread text message?
- Check the box next to View to select all unread messages. Right-click on the area with the messages and select Delete.. This will move all the messages to your trash can. Alternately, you can click Delete on the menu bar second from the top to move the messages to the trash.
- 1 How do I delete a text message already sent?
- 2 How do you delete iPhone messages on both sides?
- 3 How do you delete text messages on both sides?
- 4 Can you delete a text sent to the wrong person?
- 5 Can you delete Imessages on both sides?
- 6 Can you delete text messages on someone else’s iPhone?
- 7 How do I delete messages from iPhone but not iCloud?
- 8 How to delete messages and conversations on your iPhone, and set them to auto-delete
- 9 How to delete a conversation on an iPhone
- 10 How to delete one or more messages in a conversation
- 11 How to automatically delete old messages
- 12 Related coverage fromHow To Do Everything: Tech:
- 13 How to Delete Text Messages on an iPhone
- 14 How to Delete Single Text Messages on iPhone
- 15 How to Delete Entire Text Message Conversations on iPhone
- 16 What to Do if Deleted Texts Keep Appearing on iPhone
- 17 How to Delete Text Messages on iPhones and Androids
- 18 Can I Delete a Message for Everyone?
- 19 How to Setup Auto-Delete on iPhone
- 20 Disable iCloud Backup
- 21 Why Does Apple Make it So Hard to Delete Things Entirely?
- 22 What About Other Apps?
- 23 What About Recovering Deleted Messages?
- 24 How to Completely Delete Text Messages on Android
- 25 How to Delete Text Messages on Your Smartphone
- 26 12 Simple Hacks to “Undo” Those Embarrassing Tech Mistakes
- 27 1) How to Un-Send an Email on Gmail
- 28 2) How to Restore Tabs in a Web Browser
- 29 3) How to Recover an Unsaved Word Document
- 30 4) How to Edit a Facebook Post, Status, or Caption
- 31 5) How to Undo Typing on an iPhone to Recover Deleted Text
- 32 6) How to Undo Typing on a Computer
- 33 7) How to Redo Typing on a Computer
- 34 8) How to Unsend a Text Message on iPhone, Android, or Blackberry
- 35 9) How to Un-Send an iMessage
- 36 10) How to Rewrite Your Instagram Caption
- 37 11) How to Delete Instagram Comments
- 38 12) How to Undo a Retweet on Twitter
- 39 Archive or delete messages, calls, or voicemails – Computer
- 40 Archive text conversations, calls, or voicemails
- 41 Restore archived text conversations, calls, or voicemails
- 42 Delete text messages
- 43 Delete call history
- 44 How to Delete and Recover Text Messages in Android
- 45 Delete an individual text message on Android
- 46 Delete an individual text message on Samsung
- 47 Delete an individual text message on Facebook Messenger
- 48 Delete multiple messages at once on Android
- 49 Delete multiple messages at once on Samsung
- 50 Recovering text messages
- 51 Use Google Drive
- 52 Use third-party software
- 53 Android Data Recovery ($50)
- 54 Wondershare Dr.Fone ($70+)
- 55 FonePaw ($49+)
- 56 SMS BackupRestore (Free)
- 57 How to Permanently Delete Text Messages
- 58 Can You Delete Text Messages Permanently?
- 59 Permanently Deleting Text Messages on Apple
- 60 Permanently Deleting Text Messages on Android
- 61 Read More Online Guides at Gazelle
- 62 Deleting Individual Messages
- 63 Deleting Entire Conversation Thread
- 64 Put It on Auto
- 65 Are Messages Truly Gone for Good?
- 66 Frequently Asked Questions
- 67 Happy Texting
- 68 How to Delete Text Messages From an iPhone
- 69 About This Article
- 70 Is this article up to date?
How do I delete a text message already sent?
There is no way to unsend a text message or iMessage unless you cancel the message before it was sent. Tiger text is an app that allows you to unsend text messages at any time but both the sender and receiver must have the app installed.
How do you delete iPhone messages on both sides?
How to remove messages for both chat partners
- Long tap on the corresponding message & select the trash icon. To delete a message, long tap on the corresponding message and select the trash icon in the top menu.
- Tap on “Delete for everyone”. Tap on “Delete for everyone”.
- The message will be removed.
How do you delete text messages on both sides?
To delete messages on Messenger from both sides, hold the message, select “More…”, select “Remove”, and tap on “Unsend”. What is this? After you’ve tapped on “Unsend”, the message will be deleted from your side of the chat and the receiver’s side of the chat.
Can you delete a text sent to the wrong person?
If you’re talking about email or text messages you’ve sent to the wrong person, yes, you can delete them off of your device.
Can you delete Imessages on both sides?
You can delete a message from your device, but that is only for deleting the messages for that device. This process would need to occur for each member in the group chat. You cannot edit the message history on another person’s device without access to that person’s device.
Can you delete text messages on someone else’s iPhone?
You simply cannot delete, or unsend a message. Once you send a message to the recipient(s), they will forever have it until they decide to delete the conversation. On iMessage you can delete messages on YOUR END but it DOES NOT effect the recipient(s).
How do I delete messages from iPhone but not iCloud?
You need to go to settings – iCloud and toggle off Messages. If you delete that thread it will be local to your device but that thread will still remain in Messages in iCloud since you haven’t deleted it from there.
How to delete messages and conversations on your iPhone, and set them to auto-delete
- In the absence of any action on your part, your phone will retain a permanent copy of all of your messages indefinitely. The messages app on your iPhone allows you to delete an entire conversation by simply swiping it to the left on the screen. Individual messages can be deleted by tapping and holding on the message until the pop-up menu appears, then tapping it to access the trash can. In the Settings app, you can set your iPhone to automatically delete messages after a month or after a year. More articles may be found on the Business Insider homepage.
The majority of plain text messages take up a negligible amount of space on aniPhone, so removing them is unlikely to result in significant space savings. However, you may choose to delete texts for privacy reasons or simply to make your Messages app more organized in general. (Also, sentences with graphics might take up a significant amount of space.) Whatever the cause, you have the option of deleting whole conversations or simply certain messages if you so want. Furthermore, you may set your phone to erase texts automatically after a specified length of time if you so choose.
There is no confusion about which messages are which: your iMessages show in blue text bubbles, and your SMS text messages appear in green text bubbles.
How to delete a conversation on an iPhone
It’s simple to end an entire discussion with a single sweep of the finger. 1. Launch the Messages application. 2: Scroll through your messages until you identify the discussion that you wish to delete from your account. To delete an item, swipe to the left until you see the word “Delete.” The Messages app allows you to erase an entire conversation by swiping left. Dave Johnson of Business Insider has contributed to this article. When the confirmation popup comes at the bottom of the screen, hit “Delete” twice more times to confirm your action.
How to delete one or more messages in a conversation
If you don’t want to remove the entire chat, you can delete individual messages or groups of messages. 1. Launch the Messages application. Tap on the discussion you wish to erase messages from and then scroll through your messages until you locate it. 3.Select the message you wish to delete and press and hold it for about three seconds to confirm. To access other choices, tap and hold on a certain message for a few seconds. Dave Johnson of Business Insider has contributed to this article. Tap “More.” in the pop-up box and then choose one of the following options:
- The trash symbol may be found at the bottom left of the screen
- If this is the sole message you wish to remove from the system, touch “Delete Message” in the confirmation box. If you want to delete multiple messages at the same time, select all of the messages you want to delete by tapping the empty bubbles to the left of each message, then tap the trash icon, and then tap “Delete Messages” in the confirmation window
- If you want to delete one message at a time, select all of the messages you want to delete by tapping the empty bubbles to the left of each message
You have the ability to delete any number of messages from a discussion forever. Dave Johnson of Business Insider has contributed to this article.
- Tap “Delete All” and then “Delete Conversation” to erase all of the messages at once. Essentially, this is the same as swiping left on a whole chat, as previously mentioned.
How to automatically delete old messages
If you don’t want to keep messages on your phone for an indefinite period of time, you may set your phone to delete them for you. 1.Open the Settings app and choose “Messages” from the drop-down menu. 2.Press the “Keep Messages” button. 3.By default, the iPhone retains all of its messages indefinitely (or until you manually delete them). Alternatively, you may select “30 Days” or “1 Year.” After the time period you specify has expired, the iPhone will automatically trash your texts. If you don’t want to preserve your messages for an indefinite period of time, you may choose them to be automatically deleted after a month or a year.
Related coverage fromHow To Do Everything: Tech:
Dave Johnson is a musician and songwriter from the United Kingdom. Writer on a freelance basis A technology journalist, Dave Johnson covers consumer technology and how the industry is changing the futuristic realm of science fiction into a reality that is more like ours today. Dave grew up in New Jersey before joining the Air Force, where he worked as a satellite operator, space operations instructor, and space launch planning specialist. After that, he worked for Microsoft for eight years as a content lead on the Windows team.
Besides being the author of more than a dozen books, Dave also contributes to a variety of websites and magazines such as CNET, Forbes, PC World, How To Geek, and the Insider magazine. When you make a purchase after clicking on one of our links, Insider Inc. earns a commission.
How to Delete Text Messages on an iPhone
- A message may be sent by tapping and holding it. TapMoreTrash to remove an individual message, or tapDelete All to erase the whole discussion. Another method of deleting a chat is as follows: Tap the trash canDelete option from the right-hand side of the dialogue. Alternatively, pick DeleteDelete from the messages list by tapping and holding the chat.
If you have an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 12 or later, this article will show you how to erase a text message from theMessagesapp. We’ll show you how to delete a single message or an entire discussion in this tutorial. You will not be able to retrieve erased texts, so make sure it is what you want to do before you go.
How to Delete Single Text Messages on iPhone
The following are the procedures to take if you want to remove a few particular messages from a discussion while leaving the rest of the messages in the conversation intact:
- To access it, choose Messages from the menu bar. Select the discussion in which the messages you wish to remove are contained
- To erase a message while the conversation is open, press and hold the message you wish to delete until a menu appears. Then selectMore from the drop-down menu. Each individual message is represented by a circle. The circle next to a message indicates the message has been marked for deletion. In that box, a tick appears, indicating that it will be removed
- Select all of the messages you wish to remove by tapping the circle next to them. Select the trash can icon from the toolbar. In the pop-up menu, select the Delete Message option (previous versions of the iOS may have slightly different options in the menus, but they should be similar enough that it shouldn’t be difficult to distinguish between them). Alternatively, you may selectDelete Allfrom the upper left to completely erase the chat. Delete any messages if you change your mind after pressing Cancel
- Otherwise, press Cancel.
Catherine Song’s Lifewire is a collection of her writings.
How to Delete Entire Text Message Conversations on iPhone
When you want to delete a whole discussion in Messages, you must follow a separate set of actions. Here’s how it’s done:
- Start by launching Messages
- If you were in the middle of a chat when you last used the app, you will be returned to that conversation. That being the case, you may return to the list of discussions by tapping on the back arrow (or the Messages button, depending on the version of iOS you’re using) in the top left corner. Once you’ve located the chat you want to delete, swipe from right to left across it and hit the trash can icon to the right. To confirm, press the Delete key. If you change your mind, simply use the Cancel button. If you’re running the most recent version of iOS, you have another option: Select DeleteDelete from the messages list by tapping and holding the chat for a few seconds.
What to Do if Deleted Texts Keep Appearing on iPhone
- Text messages that you’ve erased may still be accessible on your phone in some instances. Even while this may not seem like a huge concern, it might cause issues if you’re attempting to keep any information private or secretive. See Deleted Messages Are Still Showing Up? for more information if you’re experiencing this issue or want to learn how to avoid it. This is what you should do
Thank you for informing us about this!
How to Delete Text Messages on iPhones and Androids
The advent of iCloud, Google Drive, and other cloud-based storage solutions has rendered the act of deleting anything obsolete. Photographs from years past may now be retrieved with relative ease, even if the originals are no longer stored up on the user’s device. However, there are some items that should be removed, and this includes text messages in particular. Here’s all you need to know about the process.
Can I Delete a Message for Everyone?
Unfortunately, this is not the case with iMessage. Whenever you send a message, it is automatically synchronized with Apple’s server and the address of the receiver. A sent message from another person’s smartphone cannot be deleted from either an iOS or an Android handset. Even if you erase a message or a discussion, the other person will still have a copy of it on their computer or phone. However, it will look as though it were a fresh chat on your phone. Using secure messaging applications such as Telegram and Signal will allow you to erase any messages that have been transmitted.
How to Setup Auto-Delete on iPhone
Unfortunately, this is not the case with iMessage. Whenever you send a message, it is automatically synchronized with Apple’s server and the address of the receiver. A sent message from another person’s smartphone cannot be deleted from either an iOS or an Android handset. Even if you erase a message or a discussion, the other person will still have a copy of it on their computer or phone. However, it will look as though it were a fresh chat on your phone. Using secure messaging applications such as Telegram and Signal will allow you to erase any messages that have been transmitted.
- Open the settings menu and choose Messages. Keep Messages is selected. Change the default setting from “forever” or “manually deletes” to “30 days” or “1 year.” Once you’ve done this, your iPhone will automatically destroy the message after a certain amount of time has passed.
Disable iCloud Backup
Check to see whether any of your text messages are still stored in iCloud. After enabling message synchronization across your devices for Backup, you’ll need to verify that the messages are still present. It is possible that you will need to remove data from other devices after deactivating iCloud Backup. On your iPhone and iPad, you may do the following: It’s important to note that if you switch off Messages, your message history will be included in a separate iCloud backup that will be created.
You’ll have to erase everything from here to be sure it’s gone for good. More information about deleting iPhone storage may be found here.
Why Does Apple Make it So Hard to Delete Things Entirely?
Apple’s ultimate objective is to provide you with ease across all of your devices. They want to make certain that you never get access to information that is useful to you. Given that you wish to save the majority of your information, including messages and other attachments like as images and videos, it is tough to completely delete everything. You will still be able to access your texts even if you perform a factory reset on your iPhone, unless you have deleted them from your iCloud or iTunes backups.
What About Other Apps?
Other applications, such as Whatsapp, offer their own mechanisms for removing messages. The vast majority of the time, you may either press on particular messages to eliminate them or delete whole discussions. In the same way that you did with iMessage, you’ll need to remove chat backups to ensure that the message is completely gone. If you want to remove a text message sent using Android’s default messaging service, you must first launch the Messages application. Then tap and hold the message you wish to remove from your inbox.
As an alternative, you may remove numerous messages at the same time by selecting them all and deleting them all at the same time.
How Do I Delete Text Messages Other Apps?
Each messaging app has its own set of protocols for removing messages. As a general rule, you should be able to touch on any single message and have it deleted. It’s also possible to erase whole chats, as well as have them removed from cloud backups.
What About Recovering Deleted Messages?
If you have mistakenly erased something, it may be able to recover the message from your computer. A few third-party programs are available that will allow you to accomplish this. However, they are not inexpensive (ranging between $50 and $80). Options such as Wondershare Dr. Fone andFonePawcan assist you in recovering not just lost text messages but also other data such as programs, photographs, videos, and other information that you may desire back. Recognize that these programs are not guaranteed to function because lost data might be difficult to retrieve in a secure manner, but they are often extremely successful.
How to Completely Delete Text Messages on Android
You’ll need to do more than simply delete single messages or chats to ensure that all communications are permanently wiped and cannot be recovered. You’ll have to factory reset your gadget to get it back to the state it was in when you originally purchased it. It is crucial to note that this will wipe all data from your phone, so create a backup of anything that is critical.
How to Delete Text Messages on Your Smartphone
Apple and Android have purposefully made it tough for you to erase text messages fast and easily on their own platforms. The goal, like with everything you do on your phone, is for you to have access to your data whenever you need it—even data you didn’t believe you wanted or required at the time of acquisition. If you wish to erase messages fast, you may do it on both platforms by just tapping them and deleting them. For something more complete and secure, though, you’ll need to make sure that the message has been erased from any cloud backups as well.
That is the only way to ensure that an SMS message is actually erased from existence.
Are you still having difficulties with iMessage?
Alternatively, if you’re tired of having bloatware, messages, and unwanted applications on your phone, check out this method to emptying useless apps on your phone. For all you need to know about cellphones, click over to our blog page right away.
12 Simple Hacks to “Undo” Those Embarrassing Tech Mistakes
Unless you cancel the message before it is sent, there is no way to undo the sending of a text message or an iMessage. It is possible to unsend text messages at any moment using the Tiger text app; however, it is required that both the sender and the recipient have the app loaded. In our fast-paced world, when we’re shooting off emails, updating status updates, and sending messages at a mile a minute, we’ve all made the mistake of pressing “send” or “delete” a little too soon at some point. I’ve had the sensation of regret many times, whether it was for publishing a picture of my “amazing view of the mountains” or sending an email too soon.
However, with so many possibilities to make a mistake on the internet, it’s simple to make careless technological errors from time to time.
Download this free guide for HTML hacksanddownload this free guide for content marketing hacks.
Fortunately for us, there are solutions to rectify some of these humiliating gaffes in the future. The following tech hacks were discovered after consulting with colleagues and scouring the web (thank you, PureWow, for your assistance): they are so basic and yet so life-changing that you will wonder how you ever got by without them.
1) How to Un-Send an Email on Gmail
Have you ever sent an email and immediately wished you could go back and change your mind about it? If you use Gmail, you may absolutely do so. Technically speaking, the un-send tool in Gmail does not truly un-send your email; rather, it only delays the transmission of your message for a few seconds, allowing you the opportunity to cancel the send while the clock is still running on your computer. All that is required is that you enable the option through Gmail Labs. Here’s how you go about it.
- The General tab should be the default tab to be accessed.
- Scroll down until you reach theUndo Sendsection, and then click on it.
- Note: Don’t forget to click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the screen when you’ve finished.
- In the event that you know of any, please feel free to share them with other readers in the comments area.
2) How to Restore Tabs in a Web Browser
As someone who frequently has 10 or more tabs open on their internet browser at the same time, it may be a bit depressing when you mistakenly shut a tab without meaning to or, even worse, when you accidentally close them all at the same time. In fact, it brought me great joy when I discovered this Chrome and Firefox trick that enables you to retrieve some, all, or none of your previously opened browser tabs without having to trawl through your browsing history.
This will not function if you close the program completely.) It’s straightforward: On a Mac, use the keys Command-Shift-T. On a computer, use the keys Ctrl-Shift-T.
3) How to Recover an Unsaved Word Document
This is the absolute worst. Have you ever had a Word document collapse on you? Alternatively, perhaps your computer crashed, causing you to lose hours – or even days – of work? In rare situations, you may be able to recover a lost file in the state it was in at the time of the loss. Unfortunately, if you didn’t save the document in the first place, you’re out of luck – but this means you should get into the habit of saving documents as soon as you begin working on them. For example, if your version of Microsoft Office has AutoRecovery, you may recover a file that was accidentally autosaved by checking in the AutoRecovery folder the next time you open Word and clicking on it.
Open Microsoft Word and select File, then Open Recent- and your file will (hopefully!) appear in the list of files that have been opened recently. Additionally, you may locate it by opening your Finder and searching for/Users name/Documents Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 AutoRecovery. (Please keep in mind that you must replaceusername with your own personal username.) Taking the precaution of specifying where you want Word to automatically store files in the future will eliminate the guessing game in the future for you.
- Select the AutoRecover files option.
- It’s also possible to establish a new folder that will only contain autosaved files.
- You have complete control over how frequently your data should be stored.
- Here’s how to make it more personalized: Preferences may be found on the Word menu.
- In the ” Save AutoRecover info every.
- For example, ” Save AutoRecover info every.
Step 1: Open Microsoft Word and select File > Open > Recent Documents from the drop-down menu that appears. Step 2:Scroll to the end of all of your recent documents and then clickRecover Unsaved Documents to recover any previously saved documents. Step 3:If you discover the Word Document you’re looking for, double-click on it to open it, and then save it as soon as you can after opening. Alternatively, you may look for it on your computer by searching for it.
If you have Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.
Step 1: To launch Windows Explorer, press the Windows logo key + E at the same time. Step 2:In the Search This PCbox, input the name of the document and hit the ENTER key. (If you’re not sure of the document’s name and don’t have a large number of documents to sort, you may simply type.docxin theSearch This PCbox and click ENTER to search across all of your documents by date.
3:If you find the Word document you’re looking for, double-click it to bring it up in a new window.
If you have Windows Vista or Windows 7.
The first step is to click Start, put the name of the document in the Start Searchbox, and then hit ENTER. However, if you are unsure of the document’s name and don’t have a large number of papers to filter through, you may just enter in.docxand hit ENTER to search through all of your documents by date. In step two, if you come across the Microsoft Word document that you’re looking for, double-click it to open it.
4) How to Edit a Facebook Post, Status, or Caption
For those times when you write something on Facebook and then decide you want to alter it later, using an internet browser, you may make the changes. (Unfortunately, you are unable to alter it at this time using the Facebook mobile app.) The following is how to accomplish it in a browser: To begin, move your mouse cursor over the post you wish to modify. A little grey arrow will appear in the top right-hand corner of the post, pointing to the correct location. Select Edit by clicking on the arrow.
When you’re finished editing, click Done Editing.
5) How to Undo Typing on an iPhone to Recover Deleted Text
Was what you just typed unexpectedly erased by mistake? You must Undo Typing in order to get it back. With a simple shake of your phone, a popup will appear, inviting you to undo any typing that has taken place. You’ll get that text back if you click the Undo button. Keep in mind, however, that The “undo” tool appears to only restore text that has been erased by choosing the text and clicking delete – not if you have destroyed it letter by letter using the delete key. Take a look at it in action: Chris Wade is the photographer that captured this image.
6) How to Undo Typing on a Computer
This keyboard shortcut is a classic that never gets old. Have you ever deleted something you put down but regretted doing so later? On a Mac, you can undo typing by hitting Command + Z, while on a PC, you can undo typing by using Control + Z. It will “undo” anything you were typing (or deleting) prior to pressing this button. As an alternative, you may select Undo Typing from the Edit menu at the top of your screen by clicking on it. You can repeat this procedure as many times as necessary to completely reverse the past several key stroke sequences you entered.
7) How to Redo Typing on a Computer
Want to “redo” the typing that you just undid because your mind has changed? For the most part, there is also a shortcut for this in most programs. On a Mac, you may undo typing by pressing Shift + Command + Z, unless you’re working in Microsoft Word, in which case you should press Command + Y. Unless you are in Word, in which case you should use Shift + Ctrl + Y on a PC to delete a paragraph. Alternatively, you may go to the Edit menu at the top of your screen and select Undo Typing from the drop-down menu.
8) How to Unsend a Text Message on iPhone, Android, or Blackberry
Are there any text messages you’ve sent that you’ve wished you could take back? There’s an app for that, believe it or not! TigerText is a free program that allows you to remember a text message at any moment, even after the recipient has seen it. This software can also encrypt your text messages and cause them to self-destruct after a certain length of time (similar to SnapChat), as well as notify you when your texts have been viewed by the receivers of those messages.
Install the app, link it to your email address and phone number, and set a password before you can start using it. Although this method is only effective if both you and the receiver have the app loaded, I thought it was interesting enough to share with you.
9) How to Un-Send an iMessage
If you send an iMessage on an iPhone and it is delivered, you will not be able to un-send it until you use TigerText. It is possible, however, to prevent the transmission from proceeding while it is still in the process of transmission. How? By activating Airplane Mode on your phone, you may prevent the text from being sent. You don’t have much time because iMessages are sent out quite rapidly these days. In other words, if you have any intention of doing something in the future, you should definitely practice beforehand.
- Step 2: Open the Settings application.
- The little airplane icon will show in the top-left-hand corner of your iPhone screen if it was successful.
- If it was unable to deliver, it was successful!
- (Generally speaking, you can turn on Airplane Mode by swiping up from the bottom of your screen – but keep in mind that you can’t do this when you’re messaging, which is why you need to go into Settings instead.)
10) How to Rewrite Your Instagram Caption
Can’t come up with an extremely creative Instagram caption on the spur of the moment? You don’t have to worry about it because you can always alter (rewrite) your caption afterwards. Here’s how you go about it: Step 1: Open the photo on your phone and hit the ellipsis to make it disappear completely. Step 2: From the drop-down option that opens, select Edit. Third, edit the caption to your heart’s content, and then pressDone to save your work of art. Please keep in mind that you may completely erase your caption by following the procedures mentioned in11.
11) How to Delete Instagram Comments
You may use the same approach to remove Instagram comments as you can to erase your own Instagram captions on the platform. Here’s how you go about it: Start by opening the image on your phone and tapping the thinking bubble symbol. Step 2: Hold your comment for approximately two seconds before swiping to the left. Tap the garbage container to empty it. In addition, you may do this with each remark you get on your photo. You may also do this with any comments you leave on other people’s images on social media.
12) How to Undo a Retweet on Twitter
Have you ever retweeted a post on Twitter and then decided that you didn’t want it to appear in your Twitter stream anymore? It simply takes a single click of the mouse to complete the process. If you utilized Twitter’s retweet tool, you may undo your retweet by clicking on the same retweet button you used to send it (the rotating arrows). It won’t remove the tweet from the original poster’s page, but it will remove it from your own stream, if you have one. In the event that you were retweeted with a remark, you can delete the retweet by clicking on the “delete” option situated underneath the tweet, just as you would delete a standard tweet from your profile page.
Please share them in the comments section below! Note from the editor: This piece was initially published in July 2014, but it has been revised for relevance, accuracy, and comprehensiveness. Originally published on October 12, 2015 at 8:00 a.m., and last updated on July 28, 2017.
Archive or delete messages, calls, or voicemails – Computer
You have the option of hiding or deleting texts and chats from Google Voice. Text messaging is only accessible in the United States for Voice for Google Workspace accounts that are administered by your employer or school.
Archive text conversations, calls, or voicemails
Text conversations, phone calls, and voicemails from your Google Voice mailbox can be archived instead of being deleted entirely. If someone answers to a text discussion that you have preserved, the messages will appear in your inbox once again as a result.
Restore archived text conversations, calls, or voicemails
A conversation, call, or voicemail that you’ve deleted from Google Voice is no longer available for viewing or listening. It is possible that it will be stored on your devices or the devices with which you communicated. It is important to note that you must delete each communication separately.
Delete text messages
If you delete a text message through Google Voice, you will not be able to view it again. It may have been saved on your devices or the devices to whom you sent the message.
Delete one message
- Go to Google Voice and enter your information. Select Messages from the drop-down menu on the left. To join the conversation, click here. To remove a message, select OptionsDeleteDelete from the enlarged box, which appears next to the message you wish to delete.
Please note that if you are using a Google Voice account for work or school, you may not be able to utilize this function.
Delete multiple messages
- Go to Google Voice and enter your information. Select Messages from the drop-down menu on the left. To join the conversation, click here. While holding down the Shift key, choose the messages you want to remove from your inbox. Click DeleteDelete in the upper-right corner of the enlarged window to delete the selected item.
Delete call history
You have the option of deleting all of the calls in your call history at once.
- Go to Google Voice and enter your information. Settings may be found in the upper right corner. Select Calls from the drop-down menu on the left
- Then, next to “Remove call history,” select Remove
- Then, in the box next to “I understand,” select Remove.
- When you erase your call history, it eliminates all of your previous calls. It might take up to two days to finish this task. If you use the Voice app on your mobile device or your desktop computer, you may need to restart the program in order for it to display your updated call history. Despite this, call records may still be maintained for billing purposes, as needed by law, as requested by Google Workspace administrators, or in any other way specified in the Google Voice Terms of Service.
All previous calls are deleted if you want to erase call history from your phone system. To accomplish this task, it might take up to 2 days. You may need to restart the Voice app on your mobile device or on your desktop computer if you use it to view your most recent calls. Despite this, call records may still be maintained for billing purposes, if needed by law, as requested by Google Workspace administrators, or in accordance with the Google Voice Terms of Service.
How to Delete and Recover Text Messages in Android
Text message deletion is normally an easy process, but some individuals may be perplexed by (or uninformed of) the many methods available for selecting and deleting text messages on an Android smartphone. This guide will teach you how to do it. Samsung phones come pre-installed with a stock messaging software, which is Google’sAndroid Messagesapp. The instructions below cover both of these apps. We also demonstrate how to erase SMS texts in Facebook Messenger if you have made it your preferred messaging app.
However, if you have mistakenly erased the incorrect message(s), we recommend a few programs to help you recover them.
Delete an individual text message on Android
This is applicable to the Google Messages application. The emblem is made up of lines in the shape of a discussion bubble. Step 1: Press the Messages button to open them. Step 2: Press and hold the message you wish to erase until it disappears. If you accidentally selected the wrong message, hit the X in the top left corner, or tap the message itself to deselect it. Step 3: Click on the trash icon, which is found in the upper right corner. Step 4: To confirm, tap Delete in the pop-up box that appears.
Delete an individual text message on Samsung
This applies to the stock Messages app that comes pre-installed on Samsung smartphones. A discussion bubble is depicted by the dots on the symbol. Step 1: Press the Messages button to open them. Step 2: Press and hold the message you wish to erase until it disappears.
If you accidentally selected the incorrect message, simply tap it again to deselect it. Step 3: Select Delete from the drop-down option at the bottom of the screen. Step 4: To confirm, tap Delete in the pop-up box that appears.
Delete an individual text message on Facebook Messenger
In the event that you are using the Facebook app as your preferred SMS client, you may filter out your private messages by pressing the SMS button in the app’s search box, which will then only display SMS messages. To add Facebook messages back to the list, press the button once again. Step 1: Press the “Open Facebook Messenger” button to get started. Step 2: Press and hold the message you wish to erase until it disappears. Step 3: Select Delete from the pop-up menu that appears. Unfortunately, there is currently no method to erase numerous messages at the same time from within the Messenger application.
Delete multiple messages at once on Android
This is applicable to the Google Messages application. The emblem is made up of lines in the shape of a discussion bubble. Step 1: Press the Messages button to open them. Step 2: Tap and hold on the first message you wish to erase until the message disappears. It should have a checkbox to the left of it. Step 3: Select all of the additional messages you wish to be removed and tap on them. Step 4: Select Delete from the drop-down option at the bottom of the screen. Step 5: To confirm, tap Delete in the pop-up box that appears.
Delete multiple messages at once on Samsung
This applies to the stock Messages app that comes pre-installed on Samsung smartphones. A discussion bubble is depicted by the dots on the symbol. Step 1: Press the Messages button to open them. Step 2: Tap and hold on the first message you wish to erase until the message disappears. It should have a checkbox to the left of it. Step 3: Select all of the additional messages you wish to be removed and tap on them. Step 4: Select Delete from the drop-down option at the bottom of the screen. Step 5: To confirm, tap Delete in the pop-up box that appears.
Recovering text messages
As soon as you realize you’ve mistakenly erased text messages and need to recover them, put your Android device into airplane mode. The phone will not be able to make any additional modifications to your local data, which would prevent it from overwriting deleted texts with fresh ones. There are two alternatives available to you after that.
Use Google Drive
One method of restoring lost texts is to restore the phone to its factory defaults and then restore it from a backup stored on Google Drive or another cloud storage service. However, you must first check this backup to ensure that it was not stored after you removed the text messages from your computer. There is no purpose to go through this process if the file was saved after the deletion. If you haven’t yet backed up your data to Google Drive, you may skip this part entirely. Step 1: Press the “Open Google Drive” button to get started.
Step 3: Select Backups from the drop-down option on the roll-out menu.
You should be able to view an SMS entry on this screen. If it was created before you erased the messages, you can utilize it to recover the texts that were previously deleted. This is an extreme choice, but it is the only one available to you if you do not want to use third-party software.
Use third-party software
Below you’ll find a few strategies that have proven to be effective in regaining lost texts.
Android Data Recovery ($50)
This is one of the most widely used programs for retrieving data from an Android phone, including text messages, and it is available for free. This desktop program, which is available for Windows 10 and MacOS, will scan all deleted files and offer you with a list of data from which you may select and recover what you need. It even recovers deleted images, videos, chats, and photos that have been supplied using WhatsApp messaging service. Android Recovering from a Droid
This Android device recovery tool is compatible with the most recent Android smartphones. On top of that, the program is available for download and installation on both MacOS and Windows-based devices. Using this tool, you will be able to quickly access text messages, photographs, videos, and even information from third-party applications such as WhatsApp and other similar ones. Additionally, it can assist you in recovering files from your device that have been lost due to a system failure, a rooting issue, or a variety of other terrible circumstances.
This specific program will allow you to recover information from computers that are running the most recent version of Android, all the way back to the ancient Android 2.1 version of the operating system. Additionally, it is compatible with all of the most prominent brands and is capable of retrieving a wide range of data types, from text messages and contacts to photographs, media, and documents. It is even capable of retrieving WhatsApp data. Internal storage, as well as SD cards and SIM cards, are used in the repair.
SMS BackupRestore (Free)
You must have an application that creates backups of your text messages if you want to protect your communications and make sure they’re secure at all times. The good news is that you are one of the fortunate ones if you consistently create backups. This program will allow you to preserve text messages as well as phone call logs. It is compatible with smartphones running Android 4.0.3 or above and is incredibly simple to use, allowing you to back up to Google Drive or Dropbox without difficulty.
- Now is the time to act, because Samsung is basically giving free this Android tablet today
- The finest covers for the Huawei P40 Pro Plus
- The finest screen protectors for the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
- The greatest iPhone 7 covers that are waterproof
- Android 13’s language and notification management capabilities are demonstrated in an early leak.
How to Permanently Delete Text Messages
The act of deleting text messages from one’s phone occurs all the time. Do those erased texts, on the other hand, disappear for good? When purchasing or reselling old iPhones or Androids, it is necessary to delete messages in order to provide purchasers with a clean slate when they first use their new device. Text removal might also help to clear up storage space on mobile devices. Make careful to follow the precise technique for deleting texts on your phone, which may vary depending on the model.
Can You Delete Text Messages Permanently?
Yes, it is possible! Text messages may be deleted from your phone in a variety of methods depending on whether you have an Apple or a Google device, but it is doable and offered as an option for users. To guarantee that messages do not remain on your phone, you may use an app that permanently deletes texts to completely eliminate the problem. Examples include Snapchat, which doesn’t preserve messages unless you specifically opt to save them, and all other texts, which are deleted after a specified period of time.
If you’re looking for an app that will erase your messages for you, Telegram and Wickr are two additional options to consider.
If none of these alternative applications appeal to you, there are still ways to permanently wipe your messages from your phone by modifying your phone’s settings and following particular procedures.
This will remove all of your personal information from your phone, thereby turning it into a blank slate.
There are various approaches to erase your SMS that take use of cloud settings and the wide variety of mobile manufacturers and models. Here’s how to remove text messages from your Apple and Google devices, as well as from the cloud:
Permanently Deleting Text Messages on Apple
At first glance, the process of deleting texts from an Apple iPhone appears to be complicated. When you delete a message, it does not disappear permanently. Apple’s Messages software does little more than flag texts for deletion and conceal them from users for a short period of time. You may have observed something similar with your photos after you delete them – instead of being completely removed from your smartphone, they are moved to a new album where they will remain for 30 days in case you desire to retrieve them from your device.
Messages work in the same way, with the exception that there is no specific location where you may retrieve such messages and permanently erase them.
Deleting Texts From Your Apple Devices
Delete SMS from your Apple smartphone permanently is a simple method that takes only a few minutes. Sync your device with iTunes or iCloud once you’ve deleted your messages and activated the Apple code that designates them for permanent deletion. This will permanently delete all marked messages from the device in question. When removing texts from Apple’s Messages app, you have the option of deleting whole conversations or individual texts. To remove a chat, open the app to the discussion list, swipe left on the conversation you want to delete, and then tap the trash can icon.
When you are in this feature, you may also opt to delete everything, which would eliminate the whole chat from your computer.
Deleting Texts From the Apple Cloud
If you have a number of Apple devices, you could consider storing all of your data in the iCloud. You may save time by removing messages straight from iCloud, which will ensure that they are removed from all of your linked devices. When you utilize iCloud, Apple wipes messages from your smartphone permanently as soon as you erase them from your device. Make certain that iCloud backup is enabled for your Messages app. With this approach, you may erase messages from any device, including your Mac, iPad, or iPod Touch, without having to go through the tedious process of manually synchronizing them.
Permanently Deleting Text Messages on Android
There are methods for permanently deleting text messages on Google devices and smartphones, just as there are for deleting text messages from Apple iPhones.
Deleting Texts From Your Android Phone
Within your messaging app, you have the option to erase certain texts or chats. You may erase individual messages from a discussion by hovering your cursor over them and selecting the trash can symbol in the upper right corner to delete them. To delete a discussion and all of its texts, you may hover your cursor over the message and click the trash can icon from the action bar that displays at the top of the page.
This approach will swiftly restore text chains that have been deleted from your Google smartphone, even though these alternatives will destroy messages from your Google device. Texts will need to be deleted from the cloud in order to be permanently removed from the system.
Deleting Texts From the Android Cloud
Google devices have a handful of distinct options for permanently deleting text messages from the cloud. One method is to connect your smartphone to your computer via a USB link and then manually erase all of the texts on the phone itself. Depending on whether or not you have done this before, you may need to download the cloud software for your phone in order to do this operation. It is also recommended by Samsung that you download software for erasing messages and other data. When it comes to selling your phone, this might be a great alternative because it ensures that your buyer will be able to start from scratch with a new device.
Read More Online Guides at Gazelle
Clearing up unnecessary space on your smartphone is a great way to prepare to sell your used phone and make room for the next owner’s personal information. Because users can retrieve messages fast, the best option is to completely delete messages in the cloud program that is compatible with your device. Using Gazelle, you can purchase and sell secondhand phones in a secure and efficient environment. Interested customers will receive unique selling points for the devices that are now available, allowing them to choose the greatest match for their requirements.
In spite of the fact that you may choose to save discussion threads and text messages with specific contacts, you are not required to keep all communications. Individual messages can be deleted from your iPhone, but the majority of the threads will remain. Continue reading to learn how to accomplish it.
Deleting Individual Messages
Rather of removing a whole thread, you may remove a single message by following these instructions:
Launch Messages and go to the discussions in which you’d like to remove a certain message from the thread.
To reveal the pop-up window, press and hold the message in question for a few seconds.
When you tap More, you’ll notice little circles in front of each of the messages. Select the messages that you want to remove from your inbox and press the trash can symbol. By pressing on “Delete Message,” you may confirm your selection. There is no doubt that you may select numerous messages and delete a group of them all at the same time.
If you change your mind, just touch Cancel or uncheck the message from your list of options. The procedure mentioned above differs somewhat from the procedure described above for older iOS versions. However, it’s close enough that you won’t need to hunt for a separate tutorial to get started. For example, you would simply need to touch Edit rather than More if you wanted to change the font size.
Deleting Entire Conversation Thread
Removing an entire thread is even simpler, and there are three different methods to go about it.
To view the threads, tap Messages and then browse to the thread that you wish to remove it from.
Swipe left without opening the thread, and then click the Delete option that appears on the right side of the screen. Once again, a pop-up window will appear, requesting that you confirm your selection. To send the thread to digital paradise, use the Delete button one more time.
A single message can be deleted in this case, which is identical to the previous one. Make your way into a chat thread and click on a message (it doesn’t really matter which one). Select More and then “Delete All” from the drop-down menu (upper left corner). Tap on “Delete Conversation” to confirm your decision.
Go to Messages and choose Edit in the upper left corner of the screen. All conversation threads will be denoted by little circles that will appear in front of them. Tap on the circle to choose one or more threads, then click on the Delete button in the bottom right corner. It is important to note that this approach does not include a confirmation popup that pops up. Observations:With the exception of the second approach, the activities are the same for prior versions of iOS, all the way back to iOS 7.
Put It on Auto
By default, your iPhone is configured to retain texts indefinitely. It is possible, however, to configure the phone to automatically erase them after 30 days or one year. Launch Settings, browse to Messages, and then select “Keep Messages” under Message History to override the default setting. Then, in the pop-up box, select the relevant choice and repeat the process.
Are Messages Truly Gone for Good?
They aren’t, at least not immediately after the fact. This is related to the way in which the iPhone handles information. When you tap the final Delete button, the message is permanently erased from your phone’s screen. Although the technology just conceals the message on the phone, it really schedules them for deletion and then deletes them. If you have a message that has been scheduled for deletion, don’t be concerned; it is virtually hard to recover the message unless you have access to a very competent hacker.
Sync your iPhone with iTunes on a regular basis, and turn off the Spotlight search feature in the Messages app.
Here’s how to go about doing it: Settings Suggestions from Siri for SearchMessagesSearchSiri Suggestions (toggle off)
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. However, this is only true if Messages is enabled in iCloud. The meaning of this is that your communications are being saved to your iCloud account, and as a result, they are accessible from any of your devices. In most cases, if you remove a message from one device, the message should be deleted from all of your Apple devices. However, if you simply want to erase the message from the device that you’re now using, you’ll need to go toSettingsTap your name at the topiCloudand flip the’Messages’switch to the off position.
How do I delete a single message on a MacBook?
If your message does not instantly disappear from your computer, you may still erase it via the iMessage program on your computer’s desktop. Here’s how it’s done: 1. Select the message thread from the drop-down menu. 2. Click in an empty spot in the message bubble using the ‘Control + Click’ keyboard shortcut.
3. Select ‘Delete’ from the drop-down menu. Keep in mind that if you right-click on the text, the ‘Delete’ option will not be available to you. Check to ensure that you have clicked on a blank spot within the bubble before continuing.
If I delete a message, can the recipient still see it?
Yes. Apple’s iOS does not allow us to remember a text message, unlike several other messaging systems that do provide this functionality. No matter what you do with the messages on your phone after you’ve sent a message, it is still in the possession of the recipient.
Can I delete all of my messages at one time?
In order to completely delete all of the messages from your iMessage app, you must conduct a factory reset on your iPhone. This isn’t the ideal method because everything else on your phone will be erased as a result of this action. In addition, if the texts were saved in the iCloud, they will be restored automatically when your phone is restored again. The most effective method is to follow Method 3 above and tap on each individual message thread before removing them all at once.
It is rather simple to delete undesired text messages once all is said and done. All of the information above is applicable to iPads as well. However, it would be wonderful if one of the future upgrades included the ability to archive messages in the same way that you do with emails. How many text messages do you delete each week? Would you be interested in utilizing an automated option? Please discuss in the section below.
How to Delete Text Messages From an iPhone
- 1Go to the Messages app on your iPhone. This may be accomplished by touching the white speech bubble symbol on a green backdrop. The app should be accessible from one of your Home screens. 2From the Messages menu, choose a discussion to join. If you’re already in a chat, you may tap the top left corner of your screen to return to the Messages menu
- Otherwise, you can swipe down from the top left corner of your screen. 3 Tap and hold a text you want to erase until it disappears. Hold down the button next to the message you wish to erase until a pop-up option appears. 4 SelectMore. In the pop-up menu that appears at the bottom of the screen, there should be an option for this. 5 If you want to remove more than one message, select them one by one. The one you first picked will be the one that is selected by default. Any messages that you choose will be marked with a blue checkmark. 6 Toss the rubbish in the trash can symbol. This is located in the lower left-hand corner of your screen. 7 Select Delete Message from the drop-down menu. Your selected message will be removed as soon as it is received.
- In the case of numerous messages, this option will read something like Delete 5 Messages
- Otherwise, it will state Delete 5 Messages. You may simply select “Delete All” to remove the whole thread of messages from your computer.
- 1Go to the Messages app on your iPhone. This may be accomplished by touching the white speech bubble symbol on a green backdrop. It should be shown on one of your Home screens
- And 2. Select a discussion you wish to delete and swipe left. Swipe your finger from right to left to move the cursor.
3 When the Deletebutton appears, press it. All of the information from the selected conversation will be removed from your iPhone’s memory.
- If you downloaded any media from the discussion to your Camera Roll, it will remain in your Camera Roll
- Otherwise, it will be deleted.
- 1Go to the messages section on your iPhone. This may be accomplished by touching the white speech bubble symbol on a green backdrop. It should be shown on one of your Home screens
- And 2. TapEdit. On the Messages screen, this button is located in the upper left corner.
- If you have a discussion open, you may return to the Messages menu by tapping the top left corner of the screen
- You can also press on two different message threads at the same time if you have two conversations open. As soon as you do this, you’ll see that circles will appear next to all of your message threads.
3 Select each discussion that you want to remove from the list. Each thread may be selected by tapping on the circles.
- If you hold down your finger on one of the blank circles and drag your finger down in a straight line across the rest of the circles, you can pick all of the message threads very rapidly. All of the circles that you have picked by swiping your finger down will now be selected
4TapDelete. Your cursor will be in the lower right corner of your screen. Your chosen mails should have been removed at this point. Create a new question
- QuestionHow can you remove numerous chats from your iPhone at the same time? Josef Storzi is a well-known composer. Apple and Mobile Phone Repair Professional In addition to being an Apple and mobile phone repair specialist, Josef Storzi is also the founder and owner of Imobile LA, a mobile phone repair company situated in Los Angeles, CA. Josef is a mobile phone repair specialist who works on all mobile phone brands, including Apple, Samsung, LG, Nokia, and Sony, and can fix screens, charging ports, batteries, water damage, speakers, and microphones. Besides that, he has a lot of experience with tablet, laptop, and computer repairs, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of latest mobile software upgrades. Contribute to wikiHow by unlocking this expert answer from an Apple mobile phone repair specialist. Navigate to the homepage of your messaging app, then softly push on two different message threads with two fingers at the same time to perform a double tap. All of your communication threads will be represented by circles, which will appear adjacent to them. If you want to remove a specific message thread, click on the circles next to it. If you want to delete many message threads at once, swipe down over the circles. Once you’ve selected the messages you wish to remove, click on the “Delete” button, which is found on the bottom right of the screen. Question What is the best way to erase a whole conversation? Josef Storzi is a well-known composer. Apple and Mobile Phone Repair Professional In addition to being an Apple and mobile phone repair specialist, Josef Storzi is also the founder and owner of Imobile LA, a mobile phone repair company situated in Los Angeles, CA. Josef is a mobile phone repair specialist who works on all mobile phone brands, including Apple, Samsung, LG, Nokia, and Sony, and can fix screens, charging ports, batteries, water damage, speakers, and microphones. Besides that, he has a lot of experience with tablet, laptop, and computer repairs, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of latest mobile software upgrades. Apple and Mobile Phone Repair Professional Question: How do you erase individual texts from an iPhone? Expert Answer: How do you delete individual messages from an iPhone? Josef Storzi is a well-known composer. Apple and Mobile Phone Repair Professional In addition to being an Apple and mobile phone repair specialist, Josef Storzi is also the founder and owner of Imobile LA, a mobile phone repair company situated in Los Angeles, CA. Josef is a mobile phone repair specialist who works on all mobile phone brands, including Apple, Samsung, LG, Nokia, and Sony, and can fix screens, charging ports, batteries, water damage, speakers, and microphones. Besides that, he has a lot of experience with tablet, laptop, and computer repairs, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of latest mobile software upgrades. The AppleMobile Phone Repair SpecialistExpert AnswersWikiHow to Get Support How? By gaining access to this expert response. To begin, open the individual message you wish to remove and tap on it with our finger to activate the delete button. A little menu will display on the screen. From there, select “More,” and then you’ll see a trash can symbol on the bottom left of the screen. To remove any of the messages that have a blue tick to the left of them, click on the corresponding symbol. By clicking the “Erase All” option, you may also delete all of the messages included inside that thread. Question What are the benefits of deleting texts from my iPhone? Josef Storzi is a well-known composer. Apple and Mobile Phone Repair Professional In addition to being an Apple and mobile phone repair specialist, Josef Storzi is also the founder and owner of Imobile LA, a mobile phone repair company situated in Los Angeles, CA. Josef is a mobile phone repair specialist who works on all mobile phone brands, including Apple, Samsung, LG, Nokia, and Sony, and can fix screens, charging ports, batteries, water damage, speakers, and microphones. Besides that, he has a lot of experience with tablet, laptop, and computer repairs, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of latest mobile software upgrades. Questions and Answers with an Apple Mobile Phone Repair SpecialistExpert Is it true that this would destroy every single record of communications from all accounts? In this case, it will not remove the messages from the iCloud account. It will just erase the messages from the DEVICE
- It will not delete any other messages. Question What is the best way to remove a YouTube video from a text message? Simply choose the words you wish to remove from your data by clicking on the edit button. Select DELETE from the drop-down menu. Question What is the best way to get rid of the messages that have accumulated in my search storage? Select the messages you wish to delete from your iPhone by going to the Messages app on your device. When the message shows, keep your finger on it and push the erase button. Question When I erase SMS from my phone, will they be deleted from the phone to whom they were sent as well? No, unless that individual decides to erase them as well
- Question There are no questions, simply a sincere thank you for your assistance! You’re fantastic
- Question How can I ensure that the discussions are permanently deleted? However, if you want to avoid receiving messages from that person in the future, then you must block them
- Otherwise, they will remain removed.
More information on the replies Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Submit
- Swipe left over the message’s bar and tapDelete to remove it. If you simply want to delete one message from your Messages app, swipe left over the message’s bar and hit Delete to do so. After choosing the messages you want to delete, you may press Delete All in the top left corner of your screen to completely remove the discussion. It’s the same process for deleting Digital Touch messages, photographs, videos, and attachments as it is for deleting conventional text messages.
- Without the use of a restore point, it is frequently impossible to recover deleted text messages.
About This Article
Summary of the ArticleX 1. Click on Messages. 2. Start a discussion with someone. 3. Press and hold a text message. 4. Click on ‘More’. 5. Check the boxes next to each message you want to remove. 6. Select the trash can icon from the toolbar. 7. Select Delete Message from the menu bar. Did you find this overview to be helpful? The writers of this page have together authored a page that has been read 1,705,728 times.