Send anonymous texts by email
- AT&T. SMS (a text-only message): [email protected]
- Metro PCS. SMS/MMS: [email protected]
- Sprint. SMS: [email protected]
- T-Mobile. SMS/MMS: [email protected]
- Verizon Wireless. SMS: [email protected]
How do you send a text anonymous?
- Create a new e-mail account for yourself. You don’t want to use your personal account since the sender will be able to view your personal
- Get the person’s phone number. Make sure to find out and confirm the phone number of the person you’d like to text .
- Discover the person’s carrier. The person you want to text has a phone carrier,like AT T,T-Mobile,Verizon Wireless,Sprint,Metro PCS,or others.
- Combine your contact’s phone number with their phone carrier e-mail. In other words,you’ll compose an e-mail that will reach the person’s phone,
- 1 Can you text without showing your number?
- 2 Can you * 67 a text message?
- 3 How do I send an anonymous text?
- 4 How can I send SMS without number?
- 5 What is a ghost text message?
- 6 How do I disguise my phone number?
- 7 What is * 82 on the phone?
- 8 Can texts be traced?
- 9 How to Send an Anonymous Text Message That Can’t Be Traced Back to You
- 10 How to Send an Anonymous Text Via Email
- 11 Mobile Apps That Allow You to Send Anonymous Texts
- 12 How to Send an Anonymous Text Online
- 13 Send Messages That Can’t Be Traced Back to You
- 14 How to Send an Anonymous Text
- 15 About This Article
- 16 Is this article up to date?
- 17 Anonymously Texting Someone
- 18 Apps to Send an Anonymous Text
- 19 Websites That Let You Send an Anonymous Text
- 20 Anonymous Texting 101: How to Block Your Cell Phone Number While Sending Text Messages
- 21 Sending Anonymous Text Messages via Email
- 22 Sending Anonymous Text Messages with Instant Messagers
- 23 Free Anonymous Text Messaging Websites
- 24 Smartphone Apps for Anonymous Texting
- 25 Anonymous Texting: How to Text Privately
- 26 Send an Anonymous Text With SMS Gateways
- 27 Send an Anonymous Text via Instant Messenger Apps
- 28 How to Block Your Number When Texting
- 29 Use a “Burner” Number for Anonymous Texting
- 30 How to Call and text anonymously
- 31 Calling anonymously
- 32 Texting anonymously
- 33 Encrypted VoIP and text messaging
- 34 Final thoughts
- 35 How to Make Your Number Private When Texting
- 36 Step 1
- 37 Step 2
- 38 Step 3
- 39 Step 4
Can you text without showing your number?
Yes, you can send text messages from your cell phone and keep your number private if you follow a few simple steps. You may want to send an anonymous message as a secret admirer or play a harmless prank on a friend. Route your message through an anonymous text message service for privacy and for entertainment.
Can you * 67 a text message?
If you want to hide your number and make a private call, just dial *67 before entering the destination number you want to contact. But keep in mind that this only works for phone calls, not text messages.
How do I send an anonymous text?
Mobile Apps That Allow You to Send Anonymous Texts
- Signal. Signal offers strong end-to-end encryption that doesn’t store any data and has a reputation of one of the most secure messengers out there.
- TextMe Up.
- Cover Me.
- Anonymous Text.
How can I send SMS without number?
If you quickly want to send a message to an unknown number, you just have to type the number on your phone’s keypad along with the country code and the plus sign before it, like, +911234567890. After typing the number, select it on the keypad itself.
What is a ghost text message?
Ghosting is done without any explanation for the lack of communication. Ghosting includes not responding to any text messages, social media posts, phone calls or any other form of communication.
How do I disguise my phone number?
To block your number on Android:
- Open the Phone app, and open the Menu.
- Select Settings, then Call settings.
- Click on Additional settings, then Caller ID.
- Choose “Hide number” and your number will be hidden.
What is * 82 on the phone?
This Vertical Service Code, *82, enables calling line identification regardless of subscriber preference, dialed to unblock withheld numbers (private callers) in the U.S. on a per-call basis. *82 can be dialed from U.S. land-line house phones and business lines, as well as most cell phones and mobile devices.
Can texts be traced?
Text messages can be traced. Mobile service companies must keep logs of text data for law enforcement, including a general location. The average person has a few ways to track the origin of texts.
How to Send an Anonymous Text Message That Can’t Be Traced Back to You
Sometimes it’s preferable not to reach out to someone in a public setting when you want to express your feelings. Perhaps you’re concerned about your own personal privacy or the sensitivity of the material, and you’re seeking for a means to communicate with someone without disclosing your identity to them. Create an anonymous Facebook account to communicate with someone, or use a private email service to communicate with someone. Instead of going to the trouble of sending them an anonymous text message, you may send them an anonymous text message instead.
To be clear, virtually all of the applications and services described will allow you to conceal your identify; nonetheless, should any law enforcement agency enquire about your account, the firms will all be required to provide them with your true identity under applicable laws.
Second, the vast majority of the services that genuinely operate are those that require a financial investment from you.
How to Send an Anonymous Text Via Email
Sometimes it’s preferable not to reach out to someone in a public setting when you want to. Perhaps you’re concerned about your own personal privacy or the sensitivity of the material, and you’re seeking for a means to communicate with someone without disclosing your identity. You can utilize a private email service or an anonymous Facebook account to communicate with someone. Instead of going to the trouble of sending them an anonymous text message, you may send them one instead. Learn all you need to know about anonymous texting, including the tools you’ll need to get started.
Be careful to only use these services for harmless pranks and other amusement purposes.
Try as you may, sending free SMS will almost always fail due to “heavy demand,” or some such nonsense.
- Make certain that you have the correct phone number of the person to whom you will be texting. In fact, it’s a portion of the email address that you’ll be using to send the text message
- Find out which phone service provider they are using: Choose between AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, or another provider. To create an email-to-text address, you’ll need the domain names for the cell phone carriers that you’ll be using. You may either ask them personally or use one of the services that allow you to search up the person’s carrier to find out what they are using. Make a list of all of the people’s email addresses. Take the first four digits of the phone number and add the carrier domain
Here are some examples of popular carrier domains that are currently available:
- T-email Mobile’s address is @tmomail.net, whereas Verizon’s is @vtext.com (for SMS), and VZWPix.com (for MMS). Other mobile phone companies’ email addresses are: Boost Mobile’s is @myboostmobile.com, Cricket’s is @sms.mycricket.com, Cricket’s is @mms.mycricket.com, Metro PCS’s is @mymetropcs.com,
- Create an email in your usual manner and send it to the recipient’s phone number
Simply compose an email in your usual manner and send it to the recipient’s phone number.
Mobile Apps That Allow You to Send Anonymous Texts
If you want to send messages anonymously from your phone, you may do it by utilizing one of the mobile messaging applications that provide anonymous texting features. Check that the app you’re going to use is secure, and that it has robust encryption measures before proceeding. Here are two applications that we think you’ll enjoy:
Signal has strong end-to-end encryption and does not keep any data, earning it the reputation of being one of the most secure messaging services available. The software has an option to hide your caller ID, allowing you to phone or text without being identified.
Keep an eye out for theSealed Senderoption, which allows you to send anonymous communications to anybody who has agreed to it on their end. Signal is compatible with both Android and iOS devices, and it is available for free download and usage.
TextMe Up allows you to send free unlimited messages to any phone number in the United States and Canada while using numerous phone lines. Texting does not require the purchase of any plan minutes in order to send messages to anyone, regardless of whether or not they are also TextMe Up subscribers. Using TextMe Up, you may now send photographs, audio recordings, and video calls to your friends and family. TextMe Up is a free app that works on both iOS and Android devices. A premium membership provides unlimited calling and messaging to phone lines in the United States and Canada.
Phoner is yet another excellent option if you want to send an anonymous text message that can’t be linked back to your account or identity. If you use the program, you may choose between sending secret texts from a random phone number every time or getting a set second phone number for messaging and making calls. The registration process is simple and simply needs that you provide your email address. Following that, you will be able to text and call for free while remaining anonymous. When you initially launch the app, you will be given 100 credits, which is equivalent to 5 minutes of talk time, as well as 5 SMS that you may use for free.
Phone provides a variety of tier credit packs that can be purchased for a range of prices starting at $7.99 for a Silver Credit Pack that includes 5500 credits and going up from there.
If you’re searching for a paid app for private texting and calling, CoverMe is definitely your best bet. It’s available for iOS and Android devices. A safe program that allows you to obtain a second phone number that you can use to send messages around the world anonymously is called iMessage. It’s also possible to make a private phone call to someone using the same (or a different) number, send vanishing messages, and retrieve previously sent messages. CoverMe employs end-to-end encryption, so you don’t have to be concerned about your messages and call history remaining private and confidential.
When you initially sign up with CoverMe, you’ll be asked to provide an email address, a password, as well as your age and gender identification.
After that, you may begin making phone calls and sending text messages.
The application is accessible for both Android and iOS devices.
How to Send an Anonymous Text Online
In order to send an anonymous text message to someone’s phone, you do not need to download and install any additional software on their computer.
Instead, you might make use of a web-based application to do the task on the internet.
Anonymous Text is the greatest website for sending an anonymous text message to anyone in the globe. It is available 24/7. There is a $1.49 fee to send a single text message up to 160 characters in length, which is a significant amount of money, but the text message really got through in my test and was received relatively immediately. If you want to send an international text message, just replace the +1 with the country code for the destination country. I tested all of the free services listed below, and they were all found to be lacking in functionality.
Unfortunately, there is no way to see whether or not you have received a response to your text message.
Send Messages That Can’t Be Traced Back to You
For sending anonymous text messages from anywhere in the globe, Anonymous Text is the finest website to use. There is a $1.49 fee to send a single text message up to 160 characters in length, which is a significant amount of money, but the text message really got through in my test and was received quite immediately. International texts may be sent by simply replacing the +1 with the country code of your chosen destination. After testing a few other free services, I discovered that they were all lacking in functionality.
In the case of a text message, unfortunately, there is no way to see the response.
How to Send an Anonymous Text
Article in PDF format Article in PDF format The prospect of communicating with others in an increasingly virtual society may be both exciting and intimidating at the same time. Despite the fact that most individuals value their anonymity, they have a difficult time maintaining it. If you’d want to send a text message while remaining anonymous, there are several options available to you. Continue reading to learn how to send an anonymous SMS message.
- Article in PDF Format Article in PDF Format Speaking with others in a more and more digitally connected world may be both entertaining and intimidating at the same time. However, despite the fact that most individuals value their anonymity, they struggle to maintain their anonymity. If you want to send an SMS but want to remain anonymous, there are several options available to you. Find out how to send an anonymous text message by continuing reading this article.
- While sending an e-mail, you’ll need the recipient’s phone number as part of their e-mail address
- Even though you’re sending a letter.
- s3 Find out who the person’s carrier is. The person you wish to text is connected to a phone carrier, such as AT T, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Metro PCS, or another provider of similar services. All of these service providers allow you to send a text message to a person’s phone from an e-mail address. You may either ask your contact personally or use one of the free look-up services listed below to determine a person’s phone carrier:
- 4 Combine your contact’s phone number with the e-mail address associated with their phone provider. In other words, you’ll create an e-mail that will be delivered to the recipient’s phone, rather than his or her email account. Simply enter the person’s ten-digit phone number (without hyphens or spaces) and then select one of the following e-mail templates for their individual carrier from the drop-down menu:
- T-Mobile sends SMS/MMS messages to [email protected]
- Verizon sends SMS/MMS messages to [email protected] and MMS messages to [email protected]
- Sprint sends SMS/MMS messages to [email protected] and MMS messages to [email protected]
- And AT&T sends SMS The following SMS/MMS addresses are available: Metro PCS: [email protected]
- Alltel: [email protected]
- Virgin Mobile: [email protected]
- 5 Create a new e-mail message using your newly created e-mail account. Following the completion of your research on the person you wish to text, log into your new e-mail account and begin writing a new e-mail to that individual. In the addressee line, enter the person’s phone number and the appropriate e-mail address template from the list above, followed by a period. Then press the Send button.
- The Subject line should be left blank in order to make the e-mail look more like a real text message
- Your contact will get an anonymous text message.
- 1 Choose an app for your iPhone from the list below. Although there are no iPhone applications that can disguise your real phone number, there are a plethora of apps that will generate a new, fictitious phone number from which you may send messages to others. The following is a list of a few examples of probable applications
- 2Go to the App Store and download the app. Then, look to the bottom right of the screen and select Search
- 3enter the name of the app of your choosing. Alternative search options include inputting Anonymous Text to do a broad search. There will be a variety of results. Select an app of your choosing, then hit GET (most of these applications are free), and the program will be downloaded and installed on your phone. 4 Use your Apple ID password to confirm your identity. Following the completion of the GET command, the App Store will prompt you to confirm your Apple ID password. Fill up the blanks with your information. Then press the OK button
- 5 To begin, press the Open button. Once the program has completed installing, select Open from the menu bar. After that, you’ll be prompted to log in or register. Sign up by tapping on the sign up button and entering your phone number. Make a note of the fact that you will be required to input your actual phone number in this stage. Upon installing the app, you will most likely receive a text message from it with a confirmation number. Following your successful registration, the app will prompt you to generate a new, fictitious phone number. Alternatively, you may request that the app select one for you at random.
- Keep in mind that while certain programs, such as Burner, are free to download, you will be required to spend credits in order to send anonymous messages
- This is something to keep in mind.
- 6 Send your text message. Once you’ve configured your texting application, you can simply compose a message from within the application. Simply enter the phone number of your contact and press the Send button.
- 1 Choose an application for your Android device. When it comes to blocking your phone number while maintaining the ability to send messages from your Android phone, there are a few choices. The following is a list of a few probable alternatives
- Anonymous texting
- Private text messaging
- Anonymous SMS
- Anonymtext, anonymous texting, private text messaging, anonymous SMS are all terms used to refer to anonymous texting.
- Based on whether or not the app is free, you will either press on Install or on the price of the app
- Depending on whether the app is free or not.
- 5Select your application and launch it. Then, once the software has done installing, you can just launch it. Some applications may supply you with a limited number of free messages, while others will need you to pay a price before you can begin utilizing the app’s features. 6 Please provide the phone number of your contact. To begin texting, select the option and then enter the phone number of your contact. Fill up the blanks with your message and click Send. The majority of applications are simple to use, and they will walk you through all of the procedures necessary to get started messaging.
- An anonymous text message will be sent to your contact’s phone.
- 1Select a web-based messaging service that is anonymous. Simple web searches may be conducted by putting keywords such as Anonymous Texting or Free Anonymous Text Messaging into a search engine. The search engine will return a variety of results
- 2 Check out the regulations of the website you’ve chosen. The service’s basic regulations often restrict you from using it to perpetrate fraud, stalking, or other types of criminal activity. In addition to the restrictions listed above, there may be rules pertaining to costs, frequency of usage, privacy, and other issues.
- Some free text messaging providers have been known to be forced to close their doors owing to misuse. Double-check to see sure the service you’re using is still operational, and pay particular attention to the Terms of Service posted on the website. It’s important to remember that these services have the capability of tracking you down depending on your IP address. In other words, if you do use the service for something illegal or shady, you will be apprehended and charged.
- Free text messaging services have been known to be suspended or even terminated due to misuse. Double-check to see that the service you’re using is still operational, and pay particular attention to the Terms of Service posted on the website
- Keep in mind that these services have the capability of tracking you down depending on your IP address, so exercise caution. In other words, if you attempt to use the service for illicit or shady purposes, you will be apprehended.
- Some free text messaging providers have been known to be forced to close their doors owing to misuse. Check to see if the service you are using is still operational, and pay particular attention to the Terms of Service posted on the website. It’s important to understand that these services have the capability of tracking you down depending on your IP address. In other words, if you attempt to use the service for illicit or shady purposes, you will be apprehended
- Some free text messaging services have even been known to be shut down owing to misuse. Check to see sure the service you are using is still operational, and pay particular attention to the Terms of Service posted on the website. Be warned that some services have the capability of tracking you down depending on your IP address. In other words, if you use the service for something unlawful or shady, you will be apprehended
- An anonymous text message will be sent to your contact
- Character limitations are imposed by certain free messaging services. In most cases, these character restrictions correspond to the character limits that are prevalent for messages received through mobile phone, and they can range anywhere from 130 characters to 500 characters.
Create a new question
- Question Using an email or a website, would I be able to view the answers of the person with whom I am anonymously texting? No, that’s why apps are preferred in this situation. Many websites charge for sending anonymous SMS, whereas applications are completely free. Question Someone has been sending my child scary anonymous text messages from a fictitious phone number, and I’m not sure who it is. I’m interested in knowing if they can be tracked down. Yes, you will be able to trace them down. Go to the police station so that they can assist you in tracking down the IP address of the phone, and they will have the resources necessary to do it successfully
- Otherwise, call the police. Question When someone sends an SMS using a fictitious number, would the fictitious number be recorded as having “sent SMS”? RLMARIO003Community Answer It shouldn’t be the case. The ‘Sent’ message record is saved in the phone’s records of the person who sent the message. The only time a message is returned to the sender’s phone is when the message fails, the destination is inaccessible, or some other error occurs. Question Will a response from the person to whom I sent the anonymous SMS appear on my phone if I do not get it? If you utilize an app or a website-based anonymous text messenger, the answer will vary depending on your preference. As long as you are using an app, notifications from that app should display in the notification bar just like a normal text message (if notifications are enabled for that app). Question Will it work if I use the carrier email to send a text message through my usual text messaging service? It does function when using iMessage with a Verizon wireless provider
- Question Is it possible for the person who gets the anonymous text message to reply to it? It is dependent on the application you are using. Others allow you to text back and have a real discussion with your recipient, but some applications merely allow your recipient to read the message. Question How can I find out if the phone number I used to register for a Yahoo account will appear in my phone’s contacts?RLMARIO003Community Answer It is not possible to link your phone number to your Yahoo or other Web-based mail accounts unless you provide it to them for purposes such as password recovery. If you’re using a different phone, it will only appear if you add it to your Contacts list. Question Is it still possible to track down an anonymous SMS message if I delete it? RLMARIO003Answer from the Community In cyberspace, nothing is ever truly erased out of existence. For the most part, “delete” is a fallacy that only serves to “hide anything from view.” The identification number of a phone as well as its location are recorded. The routing logs that are used to go to and from a web server are kept track of. To effectively conceal your identity on the internet, you’ll need specialized equipment and skills. Question What happens if your normal phone number is blocked? Will your phony phone number also be blocked? RLMARIO003Answer from the Community At least, not at first. You can’t send a text message to someone who has already blocked you if you go to a website and use a “fake” phone number to deliver the message. However, if they don’t like the SMS, they may also block the new, fictitious phone number. Thus, you’d have to start over with a fresh set of fictitious numbers. Question Currently, I have a Verizon iPhone plan, and the individual to whom I wish to send an anonymous text message also has a Verizon plan. Will they be able to tell who the text is from if I type their phone number without including a name in it and send it to them? Yes. They can check up your name on any of the reverse lookup websites available. If they already have your phone number and have you on their contact list, your name will appear on the list anyway. Making the mistake of entering their phone number instead of their name makes it more difficult for you and has no effect on the receiver.
Question If I use an email or a website to communicate with someone anonymously, would I be able to view their responses? In fact, apps are preferable since they are more user-friendly. Many websites charge for anonymous texting, however apps are completely free. Question An anonymous text message threat has been sent to my child’s phone number, which was created by a scam artist. I’d want to know whether they can be located and identified. Yes, it is possible to locate them. Go to the police station so that they can assist you in tracking down the IP address of the phone, and they will have the resources necessary to do it efficiently; otherwise, call 911.
- RLMARIO003Community Answer There’s no reason for it to be that way.
- It is only when a message fails, is undeliverable, or is otherwise undeliverable that the message is returned to the sender’s phone.
- If you use an app or a website-based anonymous text messenger, the answer will vary depending on your preferences.
- Question Will it work if I send a text message using my carrier email instead of my usual text message?
- Question The anonymous text message can be replied to by the person who gets it.
- Others allow you to reply back and have a real discussion with your recipient, but some applications merely allow your recipient to see the message.
- The phone number will only appear in the Contacts list if you are using another phone.
A response from the community for RLMARIO003.
Generally speaking, “delete” is a fiction that only serves to “hide anything from sight.” Phone numbers are logged, as is the phone’s identification number and its location.
To completely disguise oneself on the internet, you’ll need specialized equipment and expertise.
A response from the community for RLMARIO003.
You can’t send a text message to someone who has already blocked you if you go to a website and use a “fake” phone number to send the text.
Thus, you’d have to start over with a fresh set of fictitious phone numbers; Question A Verizon iPhone plan is what I’m using right now, and the individual to whom I’d like to send an anonymous text message also has a Verizon iPhone plan.
You will still be included if they already have your phone number and have you on their contact list. When you enter their phone number instead of their name, you are merely making your job more difficult; it has no effect on the receiver.
- Question Is it possible to view the answers of the person I’m anonymously messaging if I use an email or a website to communicate with them? No, that is why mobile applications are preferred. Furthermore, many websites charge for anonymous texting, whereas apps are free. Question Someone has been sending threatening anonymous text messages to my child, using a fictitious phone number, and I’m not sure who it is. I’d want to know whether they can be tracked down somehow. Yes, it is possible to trace them down. Go to the police station so that they can assist you in tracking down the IP address of the phone, and they will have the resources necessary to do it successfully
- Otherwise, call 911. Question When someone sends an SMS using a fictitious phone number, would the fictitious number be recorded as having “sent SMS”? RLMARIO003Community Answer It shouldn’t be like this. The ‘Sent’ message record is stored on the phone that sent the message. The only time a message is returned to the sender’s phone is if the message fails, the destination is inaccessible, or something similar
- Question If the person to whom I sent the anonymous SMS responds, would the response appear on my phone? If you utilize an app or a website-based anonymous text messaging, the answer will vary depending on your choice. It should display in the notification bar like a normal text message if you are using an app and notifications from that app are enabled. Question Will it work if I use the carrier email to send a text message through my regular text message? It does work when using iMessage with a Verizon carrier
- Question Is it possible for the person who gets the anonymous SMS to reply to it? It all depends on the app you’re using. Others allow you to text back and have a real discussion with your recipient, but some applications merely allow your receiver to read the message. Question Will the phone number that I used to register for my Yahoo account appear in my phone’s contacts?RLMARIO003Community Answer Yahoo or any other Web-based email accounts are not linked to your phone number unless you provide it to them for purposes such as password recovery. Even if you’re using a different phone, it will only appear if you add it to your Contacts. Question Is it still possible to trace an anonymous SMS message if I delete it? Answer from the RLMARIO003Community In internet, nothing is ever truly wiped out. Most of the time, “delete” is a fallacy that merely serves to “hide anything from view.” The identification number of a phone as well as its geographic location are recorded. The routing logs that are used to go to and from a web server are kept on file. To effectively conceal your identity on the internet, you will want specialized tools and skills. Question Will your phony number be blocked as well if your normal number is blacklisted? Answer from the RLMARIO003Community At least not at first. If you go to a website and send a text message using a “fake” phone number, there’s no way the recipient could have stopped the message before you sent it. But, if they don’t like the messages, they may also block the new, fictitious phone number. As a result, you’d have to start over with a new fictitious number. Question I have a Verizon iPhone plan, and the individual to whom I wish to send an anonymous text message also has a Verizon iPhone plan. Will they be able to tell who the text is from if I type their phone number without including a name in it and send it? Yes. They can check up your name on any of the reverse lookup websites available to them. They will see your name even if they already know your phone number and have you on their contact list. Using their phone number instead of their name just complicates your work
- It has no influence on the receiver.
Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration! Advertisement
- It is strictly prohibited to utilize anonymous texting in any manner in order to stalk, threaten, or harass someone, as well as to send scams or viruses, or to engage in any other criminal activity. Even if a service or technique is otherwise considered “anonymous,” it is possible to track out the individual who used it if necessary.
It is strictly prohibited to utilize anonymous texting in any manner in order to stalk, threaten, or harass someone, as well as to send scams or viruses, or to engage in any other criminal actions. Even if a service or technique is generally considered “anonymous,” it is possible to trace you down if required.
About This Article
Summary of the ArticleXIf you wish to send an anonymous text, download an app such as Pinger, Wickr, or Anonytext and open it up in your browser. Send you text messages from that location, and the recipient will never know your true phone number. It’s also possible to find anonymous texting websites on the internet, which can produce a unique phone number for you and allow you to send messages through it for free. Always read their privacy policies first to ensure that you are aware of what they do with your information.
Did you find this overview to be helpful?
Is this article up to date?
Occasionally, you may find yourself in the position of needing or wanting to send a text to someone without your phone number appearing on the other end of the text. In a world when privacy and anonymity are both gradually eroding, knowing how to send a message to someone’s phone without revealing your identity may be quite beneficial. The ability to send an anonymous text message is a tiny measure of privacy protection, but it may prove to be one that you require in the future. This article outlines many methods for sending a text message anonymously or semi-anonymously, as well as the risks associated with doing so.
Anonymously Texting Someone
Because of various circumstances, you may find yourself needing or want to text someone without your phone number appearing on the other end of the text message conversation. To be aware of methods for sending a message to someone’s phone without disclosing your identity is beneficial in a world when privacy and anonymity are both being gradually undermined. A small privacy safeguard, the ability to send an anonymous text message, may one day prove to be a necessary protection. Here are numerous methods for sending a text message anonymously or semi-anonymously that you may try out.
Apps to Send an Anonymous Text
When it comes to texting, apps provide a plethora of features. For example, you may utilize applications to route text messages to your email account or to modify the fonts and layouts of your texts. Anonymous messaging is available in a few apps, either as a major feature or as an extra bonus. Here are some examples. The majority of them will function on both Android and iOS devices. All of these programs are completely free to use and provide end-to-end encryption for the highest level of security.
Private Text MessagingCalls
Your texts might be enhanced significantly by using apps. Text messages may be forwarded to your email account, and the fonts and layouts of your messages can be customized using applications. Anonymous messaging is available in a few apps, either as a major feature or as an extra bonus. All but a few of them are compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
For maximum security, all of these programs are completely free to use and have end-to-end encryption. Examine the applications that have been investigated so that you can make an informed decision on which one is most suited for you.
When it comes to texting, apps provide a great deal of versatility. For example, you may utilize applications to forward text messages to your email address or to modify the fonts and layouts of your texts. Anonymous texting is available in a few apps, either as a major function or as an additional feature. The vast majority of them will operate on both Android and iOS devices. All of these programs are completely free to use and include end-to-end encryption for maximum security. Consider the applications we’ve reviewed to make it easier for you to decide which one is most suited for your needs.
Websites That Let You Send an Anonymous Text
For those who don’t want to download an app, there are a few websites that enable you to send anonymous SMS without having to register. Many of them have a limit on the number of messages you may send in a day, but they are generally trustworthy. We’ve tested each of these websites and found them to be adequately functional. The fundamental appearance and functionality of all of the websites are the same, and the messages evaluated were sent within two minutes of being submitted. Because these services are free, it is crucial to realize that message delivery cannot be assured.
You may send anonymous texts to any phone number in North America or internationally using the TxtEmNow website, which is a really sleek service. You will have to navigate through the advertisements in order to discover the alternatives to send a message to someone. However, the good news is that you are not need to register or provide any personal information in order to utilize our website to counteract those intrusive advertising escapades.
- Make your way to the bottom of the page by scrolling. Enter the phone number and a message, then press the Continue button. On the following page, you will be asked to confirm the information and submit the message. Your message is delivered as soon as you click on the confirmation button.
The transmission of messages might take some time, especially if the website is experiencing a significant volume of traffic. Fortunately, just reloading your web browser will provide you with the most recent information.
However, although the website appears to be from the 1990s, the text ’emis is virtually same. Whatever the case, the website accomplishes its objectives. Fill out the form with the phone number, the carrier, and the message. Complete the Captcha and agree to the Terms of Service before clicking Send Message. The site appears to include the vast majority of North American airlines, with a few overseas carriers thrown in for good measure.
SendAnonymousSMSdoes exactly what it says on the tin: it sends an anonymous message to any receiver in virtually any country. The website is well-organized and simple to navigate. Fill out the form with the sender’s phone number, the country, the delivery number, and the message you want to send. Then you’ll need to input the Captcha code and send an SMS. Delivery was quite slow with this one, and it’s not entirely apparent why you had to provide your phone number before sending the message. It’s possible that this website is attempting to hunt down or remove criminal behavior.
TextForFree.net is another another website with a very simple design that does the job well. Despite the fact that this site appears to only function in the United States, it does transmit the message as long as you use one of the permitted carriers. Enter the phone number, the message header, and the message itself, and then select the appropriate phone service provider from the drop-down menu. Click on Send Free Text Message at the bottom of the page, and delivery will take some time, but it will eventually arrive.
In all, there are two excellent applications and four excellent websites that will allow you to send anonymous messages for no cost. Each has its own set of advantages and disadvantages, but they are all successful.
Anonymous Texting 101: How to Block Your Cell Phone Number While Sending Text Messages
When I’m perusing the web, I like the fact that I can be alone. That I can browse the internet without being concerned about my activities being tracked back to me is reassuring, and it allows me to write amusing, anonymous remarks when the need to troll strikes. When sending a message, it might be vital to remain anonymous, and because to the efforts of like-minded developers, it is simple to download an app or visit a website to send a message that does not include a recipient’s name or phone number.
Due to the large number of options available for sending anonymous text messages, we’re going to take care of the legwork for you.
Sending Anonymous Text Messages via Email
You may send an anonymous text message to any phone number using your email account, as long as you use a throwaway account so that it cannot be traced back to your identity. Providing you know which carrier the person you’re messaging uses, you can just put that person’s phone number into one of the following templates to send an SMS or MMS message to that individual. TELEPHONE TELEPHONE TELEPHONE TELEPHONE TELEPHONE
For any of these carriers, the recipient of your SMS can respond to it, and you can interact back and forth between them by email and mobile device. When you get a text message in your email, the message will display as a TXT file, which you may open to see the text message. Respond to it in the same manner as you would any other email.
Sending Anonymous Text Messages with Instant Messagers
If you still use instant messaging software such as AIM or oriChat (which was deprecated in Mac OS X Mountain Lion), you may send text messages to any phone number in the world. Simply select “File” and “Send SMS” from the drop-down menu and enter the phone number and area code. Only thing you need to remember is to create bogus accounts with such instant messaging services in order to keep your identity completely hidden. You won’t be able to launch iChat for the first time until you first connect to an AIM, Me.com, Mac.com, Jabber, Google Talk, or Yahoo!
iChat is available for Mac and PC.
Free Anonymous Text Messaging Websites
As an alternative, you may quickly and simply send text messages using any one of the myriad free text messaging services available online, and you don’t even need to know which carrier the recipient uses. Pinger, which now has mobile applications available, is a fantastic alternative for secretly communicating while online. Simply create an account by providing a username and password (or logging in if you already have an account) and sending a text message to a random phone number. Additionally, you’ll receive replies directly through the website.
Register (or create an account), enter your phone number, and you’ll be all set.
You may check your messages on your mobile device if you have the necessary mobile applications.
In order to send a few text messages without receiving a response, you don’t have to sign up for anything. Instead, you may pick from one of the several dozen free text messaging services available online, such as:
The only thing you have to do is choose a nation, input the phone number of the person you’re seeking to reach, then click on “Send Message.” A place where you may put your email address indicates that the person to whom you’re sending a message has the option of replying through email. When you receive a response, the phone number that you texted will appear on the website, along with the carrier email that the system has determined. It is unfortunate that not all websites will have the ability to receive messages; thus, be careful to double-check before sending a message.
Smartphone Apps for Anonymous Texting
While there were just a few anonymous text messaging applications available a few years ago, there are currently a large number of them available in both the iOS App Store and the Google Play Store. Because there are so many applications available, I’ve narrowed the list down to just a few of my favorites, which you can see below.
- Apps such as Text Free (AndroidandiOS), TextNow (AndroidandiOS), textPlus (AndroidandiOS), Text Me! (AndroidandiOS), Burner (AndroidandiOS), and Text Me! (AndroidandiOS) are available. Mustache (available only on Android)
- Smiley Private Texting (available only on iOS)
(1) Text for Free, (2) Text Immediately With all of the applications listed above, you’ll be able to send and receive text messages from a phone number that has been provided to you, which may be local in some cases but not others. Either an email address or a username and password will be required, but the process is simple and will have you messaging anonymously in less than a minute after completing the sign-up process. In addition, if you don’t mind spending money, there’s another fantastic software that provides you with as many burner, or throwaway, phone numbers as you want to use for phone calls and text message sending.
- Credits for extra numbers can be purchased with cash.
- Any additional applications that you use, whether on your computer or on your smartphone, please let us know in the comments area below and we will be sure to check them out!
- Plenty of suggestions are available to you.
- Maintain the security of your connection without having to pay a monthly fee.
- Purchase Right Away (80 percent off) Other great discounts to consider are as follows:
- 41 percent off a Wi-Fi analyser for the house
- A learn to code package is available for 98 percent discount. A 98 percent discount on an accounting bootcamp is available
- XSplit VCam video backdrop editor is on sale for 59 percent discount.
Cover picture courtesy of Digital Journal
Anonymous Texting: How to Text Privately
- Using SMS gateways is a good idea: Fill out the form phone [email protected] gateway address to send texts to other phone numbers through email
- Disable caller identification: TapPhonethree dotsSettingson Android andSettingsPhone to access the settings menu. Show My Caller IDon iOS
- Show My Caller IDon Android
- Show My Caller IDon iOS
- As an anonymous phone number, use a second phone number from a VoIP provider such as Google Voice or Skype.
Sometimes we need to text someone, but we don’t want them to know who we are or what our phone number is. Fortunately, there is a solution to preserve your privacy by just showing a certain email address on the internet.
Send an Anonymous Text With SMS Gateways
The most straightforward method of texting anonymously is to utilize SMS gateways, which require only an email address. Any email sent to your phone number is sent to your phone as a text message, and all major carriers provide this service. Your phone number acts as both an email address and a text message delivery service. Example: If your friend’s phone number is 555-867-5309 and they use Sprint, you may send an email to [email protected] from your email address to let them know you’re thinking of them.
This is especially beneficial if you’ve been contacting someone you don’t know well or if you can’t recall their email address from the previous email.
Sending an anonymous text message should only be done when you are certain it will be well received. However, there are two drawbacks to this approach:
- Because to the nature of the SMS gateway protocol, messages longer than 160 characters are split up
- Messages longer than 160 characters are not broken up. It is possible that lengthier messages will be delivered out of order, or that certain messages in the series will not be sent at all
- Fees: Text messaging fees will be charged to the individual who receives your message, so be kind in your use of the service.
Your email address will display as the “sender” of the text message when using text-to-email functionality. You may establish a “burner” email address, which is an email account that does not have any links to your identity, in order to make this more anonymous. Consider jotting down these email addresses and putting them in your address book for close friends and family members who you see frequently. It’s a convenient method to send them a text message without having to switch to your phone.
Simply swap their ten-digit number for the following:
- Sprint: SMS/MMS:@messaging.sprintpcs.com
- T-Mobile: SMS/MMS:@tmomail.net
- Verizon Wireless: SMS:@vtext.com
- AT&T: @txt.att.net
Keep in mind that if you wish to send an image or video, you should use an MMS (multimedia messaging service) address instead. Use an SMS address if you just want to send text messages.
Send an Anonymous Text via Instant Messenger Apps
If you had an older Mac, you might recall using chat apps like AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) or iChat. These also allow for the transmission of messages to mobile phones. Many current services allow you to send text messages to phone numbers, generally by entering the phone number into the “send” section on the service’s website. Depending on the program you use, this may also include capabilities such as end-to-end encryption and self-destructing messages, among other things. You’ll need to create a new account that has no connections to your identity, as well as a new email address, in order to protect your privacy.
How to Block Your Number When Texting
Another approach is to configure your phone to withhold your phone number until you call it back. In order to keep your phone number as private as possible and prevent it from being shared with outsiders, this is the ideal option. However, this will not prevent you from doing operations such as dialing a number that has sent you a text, and depending on your phone and carrier, it may cause other functionalities on your phone to malfunction. After selecting this option, you will often receive a warning informing you of the functions that have been disrupted.
Many individuals still link withheld phone numbers with scam calls, even if this has changed.
Withhold Number on Android
- Open your phone’s application and choose the keypad
- SelectSettings from the three dots in the top right-hand corner of the screen. On your phone, select eitherCall Settings orPhone Settings, depending on your preference. TapCaller IDHide the caller’s identity. Look for and tap eitherAdvanced SettingsorAdditional Settings if you don’t see Caller ID when you first log in.
Withhold Number on iOS
- SelectPhoneShow My Caller ID
- Toggle theShow My Caller IDtoggle to the off position to turn off the function.
Use a “Burner” Number for Anonymous Texting
Additionally, you may utilize a throwaway phone number, which is commonly referred to as a “burner,” to send text messages without being identified. The usage of these services is especially beneficial for persons who do not want their phone number to be shared or who wish to communicate in a one-way fashion. It is also possible to keep burner numbers and use them for other purposes, such as a number to enter contests or to reroute annoying calls to a voicemail box that you can check later. There are various options for obtaining a second phone number that is functionally anonymous, but the quickest and most straightforward is to sign up for a VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) number.
Several services, such as Skype, will need you to “purchase” a phone number, whilst others, such as Google Voice, will just provide you with one as part of your Gmail account.
A free number linked to your Gmail account, for example, will be assigned to you, and you will be able to make free phone calls and text messages, but only to numbers in the United States or Canada.
If you wish to communicate anonymously with someone in another country, you’ll need to figure out how much it will cost in total. Thank you for informing us about this!
How to Call and text anonymously
The seemingly limitless array of applications on our smartphones makes it easy to forget that we can still use our phones to send text messages and make phone calls from time to time. Since privacy and internet safety issues have been increasingly prevalent in recent years, you might feel that there is no way to text or phone anonymously. This is not always true. Fortunately, there is. When setting up their smartphone, the vast majority of users use their real name and attach the device to their personal email account.
- However, with a few easy tactics or the use of third-party programs, it is possible to phone and text anonymously in several situations.
- Use a virtual phone number instead.
- It’s possible that you’d just want to interact with someone in a safe and encrypted manner, so that no one other than the two of you has access to your conversation.
- Here’s how to go about it.
There are a variety of reasons why you might not want specific individuals or organizations to have access to your personal telephone number. You may wish to avoid telemarketers, frauds, robocalls, or even stalkers, to name a few potential dangers. When you make a phone call, the default setting on every smartphone is for your phone number to be displayed on the screen. Caller ID must be hidden in your phone app’s settings in order to make an anonymous call, therefore make sure to do so. In this case, the person you call will not see your actual phone number, but will only be aware that they have been contacted by a “private number,” rather than your actual phone number.
Hiding caller ID in Android
There are several Android versions available on the market. The settings menu is frequently modified as new versions are released and as new features are added. Depending on whether or not your phone is completely updated, as well as whether or not it is running a different developer skin (such as one created by Samsung or Motorola), your settings menu may appear somewhat different from the photos shown here. Alternatively, you may simply search for the appropriate keywords and finally come across what you’re searching for.
Want to keep your Android device’s caller ID hidden?
Take the following steps to get started:
- Launch the phone application on your smartphone. This is the app that you use to communicate with people. In most cases, the app is located in the bottom left corner of the home screen and has the appearance of a (green) square with a phone inside it. Select “Settings” from the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen. “Call Settings” should be opened. Make a selection from the SIM card that you are presently using. It is possible to skip this step if your smartphone only has one SIM card installed. Select “more settings” from the drop-down menu. Select “Caller ID” from the drop-down menu. Select “Hide Number” from the drop-down menu.
On your smartphone, launch the phone application. Calling other people is done with this application. Appearing as a (green) square with a phone in the bottom left corner of the home screen, the app is often seen in the home screen’s bottom left corner. Select “Settings” from the three-dot menu in the upper right corner. “Call Settings” should be accessed. Select the SIM card that is presently in use. When using a smartphone, you may skip this step if you just have one SIM card in it.
“Caller ID” should be selected.
Hiding Caller ID in iOS (iPhone)
As with Android, hiding your caller ID on iOS is a straightforward process that takes only a few seconds. Here’s how to go about it:
- Open the settings application on your iPhone
- Select ” Phone ” from the drop-down menu. Select ” Display my Caller ID” from the drop-down menu. Toggle the “Show my Caller ID” setting so that it is not displayed
Making a single anonymous call
It is also feasible to make a secret phone call to someone by prefixing the number you are calling with a tiny number code. You will save time by not having to go through all of your settings and then change them back when you want your phone number to be visible again. If all you want is to make a single private phone call, all you have to do is figure out which country code to append to the end of the phone number you want to contact.
|*67||United States (except AT T), Canada (landline), New Zealand (Vodafone phones)|
|31||United States (AT T phones), Australia (mobile), Albania, Argentina (mobile), Bulgaria (mobile), Denmark, Canada (mobile), France, Germany (some mobile providers), Greece (mobile), India (only after network unlock), Israel (mobile), Italy (mobile), Netherlands (KPN phones), South Africa (mobile), Spain (mobile), Sweden, Switzerland (mobile)|
|*31||Argentina (landline), Germany, Switzerland (landline)|
|*31*||Greece (landline), Iceland, Netherlands (most carriers), Romania, South Africa (Telkom phones)|
|0197||New Zealand (Telecom or Spark phones)|
|1167||Rotary phones in North America|
|*9||Nepal (NTC prepaid/postpaid phones only)|
|*32||Pakistan (PTCL phones)|
|*23 or *23||South Korea|
|141||United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland|
If your phone operates on the GSM network (as do the vast majority of Android devices), you can always dial 31 to have your caller ID blocked. The same holds true if you’re still unsure about which code to employ. 31works in the majority of situations.
It is also feasible to send anonymous text messages with the use of dedicated websites. If you choose to do so, please be advised that there are several fraudulent messaging services available on the internet, and that you should exercise caution when doing so. They claim to transmit your text messages, but instead attempt to infect your device with malware by installing malware on it. In the meantime, your text is never even received. If you ever receive an unusual text message from an unknown sender, make a point of never clicking on any links contained within the message.
Anonymoustext.com is a reputable website that truly sends out your anonymous SMS on your behalf.
This service can be accessed by following the instructions outlined in this document:
- Choose how you want the sender’s identity to appear on the recipient’s device by going to the anonymoustext.com website. Keep this set to “Anonymous” is the most apparent decision here. You may, however, specify whether a phone number from the United Kingdom or the United States is shown. Fill in the recipient’s phone number in the appropriate field. Do not forget to include the appropriate country code. Fill in the blanks with the message you want to send
- Decide whether you want it to be sent immediately or at a later time. Continue by pressing the enter key. Pay for your SMS message. You may pay using PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, or a credit card
- However, you cannot pay with a debit card.
Anonymoustext.com provides a dependable service, although it is not very inexpensive. A single text message might cost you as much as $1.25 per message. However, if you desire to send more than one anonymous text message, there are specific alternatives available: “Sending a text message costs $1.25 each message. A text message that is more than 160 characters is charged $0.25 more every additional message. You may make a payment using PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, or a credit card, among other methods.
“There will be no payment to the person who received the text message.”
Encrypted VoIP and text messaging
The fact that you don’t want to be identified by the individual with whom you’re interacting is not always a source of concern. When communicating privately, there are a variety of third-party applications available that might help you remain anonymous from any strangers who might be listening in on your communication. Fortunately, most of these alternative applications are completely free and accessible to everyone with an internet connection. The default apps that are pre-installed on your smartphone are frequently insufficiently safeguarded against possible spying by other parties.
Therefore, they are excellent tools for whistleblowers, journalists, those living in authoritarian nations, or anybody who just wishes to interact in a secret manner with others.
The website privacytools.io is a helpful resource for evaluating private communication applications.
Signal: encrypted calling and texting
Signal was created expressly for the purpose of secure, encrypted communication. End-to-end encryption is used to protect all of the company’s messages and telephone conversations. Aside from that, Signal has a variety of handy features, such as a timeframe for messages to self-destruct and a message deletion function. Signal is a 100% free app that is accessible for Android, iPhone, and Windows devices, among other platforms.
Linphone: encrypted VoIP
Linphoneis a very good option if you want to make a video call to someone in a safe and secure environment. The program is fully free and open-source, and it is available on the internet. Android, iOS, and Linux are the platforms on which it is available. Linphone uses end-to-end encryption to ensure the security of all messages sent through the service.
There are a variety of options for communicating safely and anonymously by text and phone call. Hide your caller ID, send out your messages through an external website, or utilize a third-party software that enables end-to-end encryption for any communications you send are all options available to you. Finally, we’d like to point out that these advice and tools are in place to ensure that users’ privacy and security are protected. They are not intended to be used in an abusive or harassing manner.
It is crucial to maintain your privacy, but doing so should not come at the price of others.
How to Make Your Number Private When Texting
There are a variety of methods accessible to you in order to send a private text message with ease. Is it possible to send a text message to someone without them ever knowing who sent it to them? Yes, it is possible to send text messages from your cell phone while keeping your number hidden if you follow a few easy instructions. You could want to send a hidden admirer a note anonymously, or you might want to pull a harmless joke on a buddy. It is possible that they will recognize you if you send a text message directly from your cell phone.
Use your cell phone or computer to navigate to a free text-to-cell phone website on the Internet to send free text messages. AnonTxt.com, Textforfree.net, and Txtemnow.com are examples of free websites where you may send anonymous text messages.
The 10-digit mobile phone number, including area code and 7-digit phone number, that will receive your anonymous text message should be entered here. It is not necessary to insert “1” before the area code. There should be no spaces between the numbers, and no dashes or periods should be typed.
Text messages should be entered into the text box given on the website.
Text messages, including spaces, are limited to a particular amount of characters in length. The message will be limited to between 140 and 160 characters in length, depending on the platform.
To send a message, enter the verification code and click “Send Message.” Your text message will be delivered to the intended recipient in an anonymous manner. You never input your mobile phone number, and the recipient has no way of knowing who made the call or where it came from. In order to make the receiver aware that the text message was received from an anonymous internet service, some services will attach “anontxt” or a similar notification to the text message before sending it.
Before clicking on the “Send” button, be sure you have completely read the instructions. If you send many messages to the same phone number in a short period of time, your IP address may be detected as spam and your account suspended.
Use of anonymous internet text messaging services to stalk, harass, irritate, or threaten another individual is strictly prohibited. If you want to engage in unlawful activity, such as placing bets or sending threatening text messages, avoid using anonymous internet text messaging services. You should avoid sending obscene or unpleasant text messages to other people using anonymous internet text messaging platforms. When utilizing an online text messaging service, never give out personal information such as your name, date of birth, or Social Security Number to anybody else.