Pictorial representation of the settings are mentioned below:
- 1 Tap on Message app on your device and then access Messages. Then tap on message that is pinned to top.
- 2 Tap on More options.
- 3 Tap on Unpin or Unpin from top option.
- 4 Now, the conversation will be displayed as per the Time order.
How do I unpin a text message on my iPhone?
- To unpin a Messages conversation, tap on the triple-dot icon located at the top, right next to the option to compose a new message. Next, choose “Edit Pins” from the pop-up menu to proceed.
- 1 How do you unpin a message on Iphone?
- 2 How do you unpin?
- 3 What is pinning a text message?
- 4 How do you drop a pin on iPhone?
- 5 How do you unpin a start?
- 6 What are pins on Iphone messages?
- 7 How do you block text messages?
- 8 What is edit pins on iPhone?
- 9 How to Pin & Unpin Messages on iPhone & iPad
- 10 How to PinUnpin Conversations in Messages for iPhoneiPad
- 11 How to Pin and Unpin Conversations in the iOS 14 Messages App
- 12 How to Pin Conversations in Messages
- 13 How to Unpin Conversations in Messages
- 14 How to Hide Alerts From Pinned Conversation
- 15 Popular Stories
- 16 How to Pin and Unpin a Text Message on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- 17 Pin Messages on iPhone or iPad
- 18 Pin Messages on Mac
- 19 Unpin Messages on iPhone or iPad
- 20 Unpin Messages on Mac
- 21 See also:
- 22 How to Unpin Message Conversations in iOS
- 23 How to Unpin Message Conversations in iOS
- 24 When You Unpin a Text Message, Where Does It Go?
- 25 When You Pin a Text Message, Where Does It Go?
- 26 How to Unpin Message Conversations in MacOS
- 27 Do Messages You Pin or Unpin Sync Between iOS and MacOS
- 28 How to pin message conversations on your iPhone in iOS 14 to keep important chats at the top of your screen
- 29 How to pin message conversations on an iPhone with iOS 14
- 30 How to unpin message conversations on iPhone with iOS 14
- 31 Related coverage fromTech Reference:
- 32 How to Pin and Unpin Text Messages on iPhone or iPad — Max Dalton Tutorials
- 33 Pin and unpin text messages on your iPhone
- 34 iOS 14: How to pin text messages on iPhone for quick access
- 35 iOS 14: How to pin text messages on iPhone and iPad
- 36 How to unpin messages on iPhone and iPad
- 37 About the Author
- 38 How to Pin Text Message Conversations on Android
- 39 How to Pin and Unpin Messages on iPhone and iPad
- 40 Pinning a message conversation on iPhone
- 41 Unpinning conversations in Messages
- 42 The new and hidden texting features you should be using
How do you unpin a message on Iphone?
To unpin a Messages conversation, tap on the triple-dot icon located at the top, right next to the option to compose a new message. Next, choose “Edit Pins” from the pop-up menu to proceed. As you can see here, the pinned conversations are located right at the top above all the other messages.
How do you unpin?
You can pin an app’s screen to keep it in view until you unpin it. To unpin a screen:
- Gesture navigation: Swipe up and hold.
- 2-button navigation: Touch and hold Back and Home.
- 3-button navigation: Touch and hold Back and Overview.
What is pinning a text message?
Pinning a text message on your phone is a great way to keep your most important text conversations on your radar. By pinning a text, you’re essentially adding it to a priority spot at the top of your other messages so it is always easy to access.
How do you drop a pin on iPhone?
Here’s how you can drop a pin on a map on your iPhone.
- Open the Maps app.
- When viewing a map, tap on the icon on the bottom right.
- Tap on the Drop Pin button.
How do you unpin a start?
Pin and unpin apps to the Start menu
- Select Start from the taskbar.
- In the Recommended section, select More and then scroll to the app you want to pin.
- Press and hold (or right-click) the app, then select Pin to Start.
- To unpin an app, select Unpin from Start.
What are pins on Iphone messages?
Pin important conversations With Messages in iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 and later, you can pin up to nine conversations. When you pin a conversation it shows up at the top of the Messages app, so it’s easy to get to. To pin a conversation, open Messages, then swipe right over the conversation.
How do you block text messages?
How to block text messages on Android
- Start the Messages app and tap a message that you want to block.
- Tap the three-dot menu at the top right of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu, choose “Details.”
- On the Details page, tap “Block & report spam.”
What is edit pins on iPhone?
The edit mode allows you to pin and unpin conversation to your heart’s desire. Navigate to iMessage. In the right-hand corner of your screen, tap on the “Edit” button. Tap on “Edit Pins” You’re going to be greeted by Apple’s jiggling icons, allowing you to remove a pinned conversation by tapping on the “-” sign.
How to Pin & Unpin Messages on iPhone & iPad
Do you find yourself receiving a large number of messages from a variety of sources on your iPhone or iPad? Do you have a few folks with whom you routinely communicate by text message or email? It is possible that you will find the pinning function of Messages to be helpful in this situation. This feature allows you to pin a message thread or contact to the top of the Messages app on iOS and iPadOS devices. People who get a large number of messages sometimes find it difficult to keep up with the conversations, as frequent iMessage users will confirm.
In order to combat this, Apple has included the option to pin and unpin chats in the default Messages app, ensuring that the discussions that important to you are always at the top of the list of conversations.
This article will cover both the process of pinning and unpinning conversations in Messages on both the iPhone and the iPad.
How to PinUnpin Conversations in Messages for iPhoneiPad
There are several methods for pinning and unpinning conversations on the default Messages app, but the process is very basic.
- Starting from the home screen of your iPhone or iPad, open the stock “Messages” application. When you want to save a Messages discussion, swipe right on the message thread and touch on the pin symbol highlighted in yellow, as seen in the image below. If you want to unpin a Messages discussion, simply touch on the triple-dot icon, which is found at the very top of the screen, right next to the compose new message option. To continue, select “Edit Pins” from the pop-up menu that appears. As you can see in this screenshot, the pinned discussions are positioned just above all of the other messages at the top of the screen. Unpin a chat by tapping on the “-” icon that appears next to it. There’s also the option of pinning many discussions at the same time from the same menu
- If you prefer not to pin a discussion, you can unpin it by long-pressing on it and then selecting “Unpin,” as demonstrated above.
And that’s how you may pin and unpin chats in the Messages app on your iPhone or iPad, respectively. The discussions that have been pinned display as a chat head above all of the other messages. If you have numerous pinned discussions, you may rearrange them in any order you like according to your preferences. To adjust the chat heads, simply long-press on them and drag them about the screen. This allows you to prioritize talks in a much more effective manner. Keep in mind that there is a limit to the number of discussions that may be pinned at one time.
- You’ll be required to unpin a discussion after you’ve reached the maximum number of pins before you may pin another.
- This feature allows you to designate the message you are replying to when you reply in-line.
- In addition, you may mention and inform other users, even if they are also mute in the group discussion at the time.
- What are your thoughts on this new feature?
How to Pin and Unpin Conversations in the iOS 14 Messages App
Apple has made it easier for users to keep track of conversation threads in Messages in iOS 14 by allowing them to pin conversation threads within the app. Pinned discussions display as giant contact circles at the top of the main messages list and remain there until they are unpinned. There is a limit of nine pinned threads that can be used. Individual and group discussions may be pinned in Messages, and a thread can comprise both SMS messages (green bubbles) and iMessages (blue bubbles) (blue bubbles).
Actually, there are three different methods for pinning discussions within Messages. Let’s take them one at a time and examine them.
How to Pin Conversations in Messages
- Open the Messages application on your iPhone or iPad. Long-press on the discussion that you wish to move to the top of your message list in your message list. Select the Pin option by tapping it.
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone or iPad and start typing. Swipe right across the discussion that you wish to pin to the top of your message list in your message list
- To the left of the discussion, click on the yellow Pin symbol to save it.
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone or iPad and start typing. When you are viewing your message list, selectEdit in the upper-left corner of the screen. In the pop-up menu that appears, select the Edit Pins option. To pin a discussion to the top, tap the yellow pin symbol on the right side of the conversation that you wish to pin.
Remember that when you pin a discussion to the top of your screen, it will no longer display in the messages list below it. It is possible for a contact to not have an iMessage profile picture; in this case, their contact circle will show as the initial letter of their name on a grey backdrop. If you are the recipient of a message in a one-to-one discussion thread, the typing ellipsis (three dots) will appear on top of the contact circle, and a chat bubble will appear to provide you a preview of the message that will be delivered to you.
How to Unpin Conversations in Messages
When you want to remove a discussion from the top of your messages list, long click the large contact symbol and then tapUnpin from the pop-up menu that appears. Alternatively, select Edit from the menu bar at the top-left of the screen, and then select the gray minus icon next to the discussion you wish to remove from the top-left of the screen.
How to Hide Alerts From Pinned Conversation
For a pinned discussion, simply long press on the contact circle, then selectHide Alertsfrom the pop-up option that appears afterward.
Sunday, December 26, 2021 at 8:13 p.m. Pacific Standard Time Joe Rossignol contributed to this report. The iPhone 15 Pro models, according to a rumor published earlier this week by the Brazilian website Blog do iPhone, may not include a physical SIM card slot in at least some countries and regions, with the shift perhaps occurring even sooner. Image courtesy of iFixit According to an anonymous tip sent to MacRumors, Apple has told major U.S. carriers to prepare for the launch of eSIM-only handsets by September 2022, according to the company.
What to Buy With the Apple Gift Card You Unwrapped
Sunday, December 26, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time Joe Rossignol contributed to this report. Apple gift cards are usually a popular choice as a holiday and other special occasion gift. For those of you who received a gift card this year, we’ve put up a list of 23 options for how to spend it, with all of the items on the list costing less than $100 in the United States. Keep in mind that Apple formerly offered two different gift cards: an Apple Store gift card for in-store purchases and an iTunes gift card for online purchases.
Apple Bringing Its Custom Silicon to an Unexpected Device
According to a recent source, Apple intends to integrate its unique silicon chips inside the Pro Display XDR. The leaker known as “Dylandkt,” who has a good track record when it comes to Apple-related speculations, recently stated that LG is working on a 32-inch display panel for a new Pro Display XDR that would include an unidentified Apple silicon processor, according to the Wall Street Journal. Apple’s proprietary silicon SoCs, such as the S7 and A15, are examples of this.
Some Apple Engineers Rewarded Up to $180K in Stock Bonuses as Incentive to Stay
Julia Clover posted on Tuesday, December 28, 2021 at 11:53 a.m. PST. According to Bloomberg, Apple is offering stock bonuses to some of its engineers in order to keep them from joining startups like as Meta, which compete with Apple.
A $50,000 to $180,000 stock incentive was announced last week for chosen engineers in silicon design, hardware, software, and operations, according to Bloomberg. The award is “unique and big,” according to Bloomberg. The vast majority of engineers earned shares worth $80,000.
Apple to Offer Limited-Edition AirTag as Part of Japanese New Year Promotion
Monday, December 27, 2021 at 1:33 p.m. Pacific Standard Time Joe Rossignol contributed to this report. Specifically, in honor of the Japanese New Year, Apple has announced a two-day deal that would provide consumers in Japan with a free Apple gift card valued up to 24,000 when they purchase a qualifying Apple device on the days of January 2 and 3. A gift card will also be given to the first 20,000 consumers in Japan who purchase a new iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, or iPhone SE during the promotional period, according to the company.
How to Pin and Unpin a Text Message on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
The Messages app offers the option of pinning your most essential text messages to the top of the screen so that you always have an instant access to them until you unpin them. This will allow you to keep your most crucial messages in plain sight. This is something you can do on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Any conversations that are pinned will be put to the top of your message inbox. This will make it easier for you to locate them later on. You may also pin messages from a group. Messages also allows you to pin both SMS text conversations and iMessages to the top of your inbox.
You have the option of pinning up to nine messages.
Pin Messages on iPhone or iPad
1. There are three possible approaches, any of which can be used:
It is possible to pin many discussions at the same time using this strategy.
- In Messages, go to Edit in the top-left corner of the screen and select Edit Pins from the menu. To pin a discussion, click on the yellow pin button that appears on the right side of the chat that you wish to pin. You have the option of selecting several pins. When you are finished, press the Done button.
- Open Messages and find the discussion you want to save as a favorite
- Keep the conversation going for a long time
- And then press the Pin button.
- Open the Messages app and locate a message that you wish to save as a favorite
- Swipe right across the discussion to see what happens next. Select the Pin icon from the drop-down menu.
Pin Messages on Mac
You may also pin a message to the desktop of your Mac. There are two ways to go about it. Here’s how it’s done:
- Find a message that you’d want to pin on the wall
- Message should be ring-clicked (control-clicked). Choose Pin as your option.
- Other options include dragging and dropping messages
- And searching for a chat. To move it to the top of the sidebar, click and drag it with your mouse or trackpad.
Unpin Messages on iPhone or iPad
Messages can also be unpinned if you want to move them to the bottom of the messages list. Once again, there are several options for accomplishing this:
- In Messages, select Edit
- Then select Edit Pins. And then hit the minus symbol to remove the message from the pin
Unpin Messages on Mac
On your Mac, you may also unpin messages that have been pinned to it. There are two alternatives:
- The message you want to pin is selected
- Right-click (control-click) it
- Unpin the pin by selecting it.
- The message you want to pin is selected
- Right-click (control-click) it. Unpin is the option to choose.
- Learn how to prevent text messages and iMessages from being sent to your iPad while you use your iPhone. Getting WhatsApp Notifications, Sending Messages, and Receiving Messages on the Apple Watch
- Group text messages on the iPhone and iPad will not be unmuted
- Instructions on How to Delete Messages on a Mac iPhone is not receiving SMS messages. What should I do? Fix
- Messages: “Number Changed to Primary” Notification, Fix
- “Number Changed to Secondary” Notification, Fix
- The Best Way To Get Out Of A Group Message On Your iPhone
Dr. Serhat Kurt was a Senior Technology Director at the time of his death. A PhD (or doctorate of philosophy) from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and a master’s degree from Purdue University are among his qualifications. His LinkedIn profile may be seen here.
How to Unpin Message Conversations in iOS
- Activate the Messages application on your iPhone or iPad
- When a menu displays, tap and hold the symbol of the message thread you wish to unpin until it appears. TapUnpin
iPhone and iPad users may now pin messages to their devices thanks to an update to Apple’s iOS operating system, which was released with iOS 14. Pinned message discussions, also known as threads in the official lingo, will remain at the top of the app until they are unpinned or deleted. As a result, they are more easily found, but the software takes up more storage space. It is possible to unpin messaging chats in iOS in order to free up space within the app.
How to Unpin Message Conversations in iOS
To unpin a message discussion, also known as a message thread, in iOS, follow the procedures outlined below. The procedures below are applicable to all iPhones and iPads running iOS 14 or later on the device.
- Pinned message threads display at the top of the app and are represented by huge icons that depict the photographs or avatars of the persons who are involved in that thread. Open theMessagesapp. When a new menu displays, tap and hold the thread you wish to unpin until it appears. TapUnpin
When You Unpin a Text Message, Where Does It Go?
Choosing to unpin a thread will move it off the home screen and into the usual chronological list of message threads. The thread you unpin will appear to have vanished as a result if no new message has emerged in it in a reasonable amount of time after you unpin it.
Don’t be concerned. The thread is still active and may be seen farther down the list if you scroll down to the bottom of the page. Additionally, you may search for the thread you deleted using the search option in Messages, which is situated at the top of the Messages app.
When You Pin a Text Message, Where Does It Go?
A thread may be pinned to the top of the Messages app by selecting it and pressing the PIN button. It will remain in that position until you remove the pin from the message thread. Threads that have been pinned do not appear in the threads that have been pinned chronologically. By tapping on the symbol for the pinned topic, you may see the whole message thread.
How to Unpin Message Conversations in MacOS
You can unpin a message thread in the Messages app for MacOS in a similar fashion to how you would do it on iOS, however the specific procedures are a little more complicated. This feature was included with the release of MacOS Big Sur in November of 2020, and it will be available in the future. This article will show you how to unpin a thread in the Messages app on Mac OS X. The following procedures are applicable to any MacOS device running macOS Big Sur or later versions of the operating system.
- Right-click on the icon of the message you wish to unpin and select Unpin from the drop-down menu that appears.
Do Messages You Pin or Unpin Sync Between iOS and MacOS
With Apple’s iMessage service, you can sync your text messages across all of the devices that are connected to your iCloud account. Pinned messages, on the other hand, are not synced across iOS and MacOS. Each device will need that you pin or unpin messages according to your preferences. FAQ
- How can I set up iMessage on my iPhone or iPad? iMessage may be set up by going to Settings > Messages and making sure the iMessage option is switched on. To transmit more than just text in your iMessage, select Photos, Apple Pay, or Images from the drop-down menu in a new message. What is the best way to send a text message from my Mac to my iPhone? What is the best way to transmit texts between iPhones? To back up your messages, go toSettingsand press your nameiCloudand drag the Messagesslider to the on/green position. Log into the same iCloud account on the second phone and set up Messages to automatically move your iPhone messages to the other phone. What is the best way to remove texts on my iPhone? To delete iPhone texts, press and hold the message, then tapMoretrash canDelete Message, or tapDelete All to delete the whole discussion
- To delete messages on an iPad, tap and hold the message, then tapMoretrash canDelete Message, or tapDelete All to erase the entire conversation. In what format do I write handwritten notes on my iPhone? In what format do I store audio messages on my iPhone. To locate audio messages on your iPhone, launch the Messages app and choose the thread in which you are conversing with the person who sent the message. In the thread’s title bar, tap their name, then tapInfo(i) to view any attachments or messages they have sent.
Thank you for informing us about this!
How to pin message conversations on your iPhone in iOS 14 to keep important chats at the top of your screen
- If you have an iPhone, you may pin message conversations to the top of the Messages app by installing the latest software version, iOS 14. To make it more convenient to retrieve your discussions, the Apple Messages app enables you pin up to nine conversations to the top of the app. Conversations may be pinned or unpinned with a few simple clicks on the screen. Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library to read more stories related to technology.
With the new iOS 14 software update, you may move message conversations to the top of the Messages app on your iPhone. To make it more convenient to access discussions, the Apple Messages app allows you pin up to nine conversations to the top of the app. Pinnable and unpinnable conversations may be created with a few simple touches. More stories may be found in the Business Insider Tech Reference collection.
How to pin message conversations on an iPhone with iOS 14
1.Open the Messages application. 2.Click on “Edit” in the top left corner of the screen. In the Messages app, select “Edit” from the menu bar in the upper left corner. Business Insider photo by Abigail Abesamis Demarest 3.Click on “Edit Pins.” “Edit Pins” may be accessed using the dropdown menu. Business Insider photo by Abigail Abesamis Demarest When you are through with your chat, pin it to the top of your app by hitting the yellow pin symbol next to the conversation. To save a discussion, click on the yellow pin button.
Alternatively, you may pin a chat to the top of the app by pressing and holding your finger on a conversation and then tapping “Pin” on the menu bar.
How to unpin message conversations on iPhone with iOS 14
1.Open the Messages application. 2.Click on “Edit” in the top left corner of the screen. 3.Click on “Edit Pins.” 4.To unpin a discussion, tap the minus “-” icon next to the name of the participant.
To unpin a discussion that has been pinned, tap the minus symbol. Business Insider photo by Abigail Abesamis Demarest 5.When you’re finished, press the “Done” button. If you choose, you may unpin a discussion by pressing and keeping your finger on it for a few seconds, then touching “Unpin.”
Related coverage fromTech Reference:
In New York, Abigail Abesamis Demarest works as a contributing writer for Insider, where she lives. The science of food and how it’s manufactured are two of her passions, and she enjoys a delicious glazed doughnut as much as the next person. When you make a purchase after clicking on one of our links, Insider Inc. earns a commission.
How to Pin and Unpin Text Messages on iPhone or iPad — Max Dalton Tutorials
Apple will include the ability for device owners to pin up to nine conversations to the top of the Messages app with the release of iOS 14 for the iPhone and iPadOS 14 for the iPad in late 2020. It will be easier to find your most critical message threads if you pin discussions on your iPhone or iPad. Exemplifications of all instructions contained within the steps may be seen in both the YouTube movie above and the image collection provided below the steps. You’re in the market for a new set of wireless earphones, but you’re also want to save a few dollars.
- Open the Messages app from the home screen of your iPhone or iPad, and then choose one of the discussion threads you wish to move to the top of the list
- Move your cursor across the chat by swiping from left to right briefly. You’ll see a yellow pin icon
- Select the “Pin” icon from the drop-down menu. Now, when you open your list, you’ll see the discussion pinned at the top, where you’ll be able to tap it more simply to jump to it. Repeat this procedure until you have pinned up to nine text message threads to the top of your to-be-read list. By executing a long press upon any of your pinned conversations to bring up a menu, and then hitting “Unpin” in the menu, you may remove any of your pinned conversations from your phone.
Are your mobile gadgets always running out of battery life? You may learn more about Anker’s most popular high-speed portable charger by visiting this page, or you can learn more about their latest charging devices by visiting this page on Amazon. If you found this tutorial useful, the quickest and most convenient way to express your gratitude and support my material is to click here to buy on Amazon using my affiliate link, which will result in a small compensation for any purchases that you make from Amazon.
Pin and unpin text messages on your iPhone
Pinning a text message to your phone’s home screen is an excellent method to keep track of your most critical text discussions. By pinning a text, you’re effectively elevating it to a higher priority position at the top of your other messages, making it more accessible at all times. This tutorial will show you how to pin and unpin a text conversation on your iPhone. MORE: How to conceal likes on Instagram posts (with screenshots) Go to your text messages and choose a message by pressing and holding it.
- MORE: Providing coverage of worldwide, national, and local news sources It will display at the very top of your text messages if you pin a post.
- Pinning messages is analogous to adding someone’s phone number to your favorites list, in my opinion.
- To unpin a text, go to your pinned messages and unpin it from there.
- MORE: Enroll in media consulting services now!
Support our blog!
Decide on a dollar amount.
Alternatively, input a custom amount. Your gift has been much appreciated. Your gift has been much appreciated. Your gift has been much appreciated. Donate on a regular basisDonate on a regular basis Donate once a year
iOS 14: How to pin text messages on iPhone for quick access
A highly handy new feature introduced in iOS 14 is the option to favorite chats so that they can be accessed quickly at the top of the Messages app’s screen. Learn how to pin text messages to your iPhone or iPad by following the steps below. With this year’s big iOS release, the Messages app receives a few important enhancements, including mentions, an emoji search bar, the option to pin conversations, and the addition of a photo for the icon of group messages, among other things. Your favorited conversations are shown at the top of the Messages app with prominent icons when you utilize the pin message function, which is quick and simple to use.
iOS 14: How to pin text messages on iPhone and iPad
- Open the Messages app on your phone. Locate a chat you’d like to save and long-press on it. TapPin _
- In the top-right corner of the app, you’ll see the message that has been pinned. Alternatively, you may long-press on a message or the pinned symbol and hit Unpin to undo it.
The following is an illustration of the procedure: You may pin up to nine messages, which can include both iMessages and conventional text messages, as well as messages to specific persons or groups.
How to unpin messages on iPhone and iPad
Once you’ve reached the maximum of nine conversations, you’ll receive an alert telling you to unpin one in order to add a new one. The following is an example of how to unpin a message:
- Long-press the message icon that has been pinned to the top of the screen or the message thread from the list below
Read more 9to5Mac tutorials:
- Investigate the top 10 iOS 14 features for the iPhone and iPad in-depth iPadOS 14 includes more than 50 new features and enhancements. Here’s how to make advantage of the new iPhone home screen widgets in iOS 14
- Using Widgetsmith, you can create widgets that are completely customized for your iOS 14 home screen. iOS 14: How to multitask while watching a video in Picture in Picture mode on your iPhone
- Instructions for using iOS 14 to watch 4K YouTube videos on your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV
- What is the small call interface on the iPhone and how does it work? iOS 14
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has approved the use of auto affiliate links that generate money. More. More Apple news may be found on 9to5Mac’s YouTube channel:
About the Author
@michaelpotuck Michael works as an editor for the 9to5Mac website. Since joining in 2016, he has produced more than 3,000 pieces, which include breaking news, reviews, extensive comparisons, and tutorials, among other things.
Michael Potuck’s favorite gear
- I have an LG G6 and when I open the messaging app, it shows that new conversations are being pinned without my intervention. These talks do not belong on top of my other chats, and I do not want them to appear there. I only have the choice to pin them
- I do not have the ability to unpin them. Is there anything I can do to find a workaround? When I keep a pinned chat open for an extended period of time, I only have the option to remove it. There is also no choice in the three-dotted drop down menu in the top-right corner. 8:00 a.m. on November 28th, 2017. Hello! I recommend that you go into your text message settings and poke about in there a little bit. LG is a terrific company, however it might be difficult to find the precise toggle or option you’re searching for on occasion. If so, are you making use of the messaging application that came with your phone? On November 29, 2017, at 8:49 a.m., There is absolutely no way in hell I’m rooting my phone for any reason at all. I’m texting using the texting application that comes with the device. 29th of November, 2017 at 1:53 p.m. Oh, I meant “rooting” in the sense of going through your phone’s settings – I didn’t mean that you had to root your phone, of course! Sorry for the misunderstanding! If you’re using the texting app that came with your phone, I recommend going into each individual contact’s texting conversation to see if there are any settings within that window that can be used to unpin that specific conversation. If you’re using the texting app that came with your phone, I recommend going into each individual contact’s texting conversation to see if there are any settings within that window that can unpin that specific conversation. 11-29-2017 04:37 PM
- I am unable to locate the ability to pin or unpin messages in the settings menu or in the individual discussion choices for any conversations. Because I’m using a Sprint G6, my stock message settings may be different from what you’re used to, however I doubt this is the case. You may also attempt to wipe the data from the messaging app and see if it makes a difference. 05:47 p.m. on November 29th, 2017. Yes, none of it is effective. The situation can only be resolved by terminating the present discussion with that person and beginning a new one with that individual. It’s quite inconvenient. the 12th of January, 2017 at 4:13 p.m. It’s perplexing – yet it’s feasible. It is necessary to navigate to the message thread. To access the menu, go to the upper right-hand corner and select “Menu” (the three lines.) Go to the bottom of the page where there is a pin. To change the color of the pin, simply click on it. It does not specifically state “unpin.” To exit the thread, press the bottom right-hand button on your keyboard. This should be done for each of the pinned messages. It worked for me, at least. Cheers Rachel Friday, June 28th, 2018 at 6:58 PM
- When I open the messaging app on my LG G6, it shows that new conversations are being pinned automatically, without my intervention. These chats do not belong on top of my other conversations, and I do not want them to. My options are limited to pinning and unpinning, with no opportunity to remove a pin. As a workaround, what options do I have? I can only erase conversations that I have pinned for an extended period of time. Additionally, there is no choice in the three-dotted top-right dropdown menu. 8:00 a.m. on November 28th, 2017 Hello! To find out more about your text message settings, I recommend going into your text message settings and digging around. Even while LG is excellent, it might be difficult to locate the precise toggle or setting you’re searching for. If your phone came with a messaging app, are you making use of it? 8:00 a.m. on November 29, 2017
- I have absolutely no intention of rooting my phone for any purpose. Texting is done using the phone’s built-in messaging app. 1:00:53 p.m. on November 29th, 2017. Oh, I meant “rooting” in the sense of going through your phone’s settings – I didn’t mean that you had to root your phone, of course. Apologies for the misunderstanding. It is recommended that you go into each individual contact’s texting conversation to see if there are any settings within that window that can be changed so that that specific conversation is no longer pinned. If you are using the texting app that came with your phone, I recommend that you go into the texting app that came with your phone to see if there are any settings within that window that can be changed so that this specific conversation is no longer pinned. 11.29.2017 04:37 PM
- In the settings menu or in the individual chat choices, there is no option to pin or unpin messages. It is possible that my stock message settings are different because I am using a Sprint G6, however I suspect this is the case. You may also attempt to wipe the data from the messaging app and see if it makes a difference. 05:47 p.m. on November 29th, 2017 No, none of that is effective at all! There is only one way to remedy the problem: delete the existing chat with that individual and start a new conversation with that person. I find this to be really irritating. 12:00:13 p.m., December 1, 2017 Even if it’s difficult to understand, it may be feasible. Go into the message thread if you want something specific. Navigate to the upper right-hand corner of the screen and select the menu tab (the three lines.) Take a step down to the bottom, where you’ll find the pin. To make the pin change color, simply click on it. It doesn’t specifically state “unpin,” but the implication is there. If you want to go out of this topic, use the bottom right hand button. Similarly, repeat the process for each of the pinned messages It did the trick for me, at least! Cheers Rachel June 28, 2018, 6:58 p.m.
The following link was copied and pasted into the clipboard:
How to Pin Text Message Conversations on Android
You may find that your text messaging app becomes swamped with discussions if you keep up with a large number of individuals. Wouldn’t it be great if you could keep some talks at the top of the list all the time? On Android, you have the ability to do precisely that. It is possible to pin discussions to the top of Google’s “Messages” app, which is available for both Android and iOS. It is possible to pin just three talks at a time, but you will never have to look for those chats again. Let’s get started because it’s quite simple to accomplish.
- If you do not already have it, you may obtain it from the Google Play Store.
- A screen or a pop-up will appear when you press the button, and you may pick “Messages” and then touch “Set as Default.” As soon as you’ve completed this process, communications from your old SMS application should show in Messages.
- This will bring up a few options in the toolbar at the top of the screen.
- The topic of conversation will now remain at the top of the priority list.
- Conversation that has been pinned.
- As previously stated, you can pin a maximum of three chats at a time.
The talks that have been pinned will reorganize themselves chronologically, but they will remain at the top of the list. You won’t have to waste time scrolling down to find your favorite talks anymore! CONNECTED:How to Send Text Messages from a Windows 10 Computer Using an Android Smartphone
How to Pin and Unpin Messages on iPhone and iPad
Apple added the pinning function in iOS 14 to allow users to keep track of discussions and threads in Messenger by pinning their favorite chats to the top of the screen. With an aniPhone or an iPad running iOS 14 or later, you may now pin up to nine messages to both devices at the same time. Here’s how you pin a message or a thread to the home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
Pinning a message conversation on iPhone
- Open Messages, then tap Edit (located at the top-left of your screen). Pins can be selected and edited. To pin a discussion, click the yellowpin icon, which is located to the right of the conversation you wish to pin. You have the option of selecting numerous messages. TapDone
Your pinned messages will be shown at the very top of the screen, as seen below. They will no longer be shown alongside the rest of your messages. There is an other method of anchoring messages to a discussion – which we’ll describe in more detail below. This strategy is very beneficial if you’re pinning a single thread together with a single thread.
- Press and hold on the chat that you want to pin until a pop-up displays
- Then pressPin.
Unpinning conversations in Messages
- Tap Edit (located in the top-left corner of your screen)
- To unpin a chat, tap theminusicon that appears on the discussion that you want to unpin
According to Simple Texting, a firm that provides bulk text messaging software, the average adult spends a total of 23 hours per week text chatting. As a result, specific features on messaging applications are required to assist our fast-moving thumbs.
Google’s most recent update, which is available on Android phones running version 7 or higher, offers the ability to schedule text messages to be sent at a later date and time in the future. Consider all of the times you’ve needed to send a text to someone but couldn’t because it was too late at night or too early in the morning. When you’re texting someone who lives in a different time zone than you, it feels like there is never a good moment for both of you to connect effectively. We make a conscious effort to remember to send the text later at a reasonable hour, but if you’re anything like me, the SMS is frequently forgotten.
In order to send a message, press and hold the send button.
There are pre-designed alternatives such as “later today,” “later tonight,” and “tomorrow,” but you may also choose a custom date and time in the field provided.
Always remember that you may use the clock symbol to make changes to your message, cancel it, or send it right away.
I recently discovered a solution for a friend’s problem, however the functionality is a little difficult to locate. This is useful if you’re the type of person who normally responds to messages within a short period of time, and people may worry if there’s an issue if you’re backed up and can’t react straight away. Instead of using the “Do Not Disturb” setting in the Messages app, you’ll need to utilize the “Do Not Disturb” setting in the phone’s settings app. While I’m sleeping at night, I’ve enabled my phone’s “Do Not Disturb” feature to automatically quiet all calls and alerts, with the exception of those from contacts I’ve selected as my “favorites.” “Do Not Disturb” might also be handy during a conference, while exercising, or when dining out or seeing a movie at a theater.
It is possible to create an auto-response text message that will be sent to anybody who messages you if you have this feature switched on.
Go to the “Do Not Disturb” section of the settings and choose the person who will get the auto-reply text message if it is enabled. You can select from the following options: “no one,” “recents,” “favorites,” or “all contacts.”
The ‘Pin’ feature
With the majority of us receiving dozens of SMS every single day, it can be tough to remember to react to each and every one of them. Those texts that need further investigation may get buried, and you may never get around to responding to them at all. Make use of the “Pin” option to ensure that this does not occur. Important discussions can be “pinned” so that they remain at the top of your text stream, enclosed in a circle. By swiping right or holding pressing on any text, you may pin up to nine conversations at once.
Individual conversations and group chats may both be pinned, and a helpful new feature in iOS 14 lets you to create a personalized photo for each of those group chats.
Notifications in group chats
Bringing up the subject of group conversations, how many of you have turned them off when things get out of hand? Although it is a useful function for reducing the number of alerts you receive, it might pose issues if someone asks you a question in a thread and you do not react. Here’s how you attract someone’s attention in a group chat, even if they have their computer’s sound turned off. Using the @ symbol followed by the contact name of someone in a group chat is as simple as typing the person’s name and then pressing on it, followed by the contact name of that person when it appears on the screen.
It’s deceptive, but it’s effective.
Make use of these messaging suggestions to make the process more efficient and less irritating.