The intended meaning of HMU on Snapchat is “Hit Me Up.” This slang is generally used instead of “text me” or “let’s talk.” This abbreviation simply suggests that you want to start a good conversation on Snapchat with your friends.
What does Hmu mean in Internet slang?
- HMU is internet slang that might be seen used during online chatting, texting, email, and instant messaging. The HMU expression, like many other internet expressions, is a part of online conversation culture.
- 1 Is HMU flirty?
- 2 What is HMU in a text message?
- 3 What does MHM mean in a text?
- 4 What does it mean when a girl says HMU?
- 5 What DM means?
- 6 Whats IG stand for?
- 7 What does OFC mean?
- 8 What does SMH mean in text?
- 9 How do you HMU someone on Snapchat?
- 10 What does HMU mean? on Instagram, in Text, on Facebook
- 11 What does HMU mean?
- 12 HMU Meaning
- 13 What does HMU mean in text?
- 14 HMU Acronym
- 15 HMU for a TBH meaning
- 16 What does HMU with Plans mean?
- 17 HMU with Plots meaning
- 18 HMU with Moves meaning
- 19 HMU to FT meaning
- 20 Is HMU Flirty?
- 21 HML vs HMU
- 22 HMU Quotes
- 23 HMU Universities
- 24 HMU Insurance
- 25 Snapchat slangs like HMU, BRB and SMH explained: What does HMU mean on Snapchat?
- 26 Snapchat slangs explained! What does HMU mean on Snapchat? Know what do slangs like HMU, BRBSMH and how to use them appropriately to up your text slang game!
- 27 What does HMU mean in Snapchat?
- 28 What Does BRB mean on Snapchat?
- 29 What Does SMH mean on Snapchat?
- 30 What Does “HMU” Mean, and How Do You Use It?
- 31 What It Means
- 32 The History of HMU
- 33 How Do I Use HMU?
- 34 What Does HMU Mean (And How to Use It)
- 35 What Does HMU Mean?
- 36 Examples of Use
- 37 The Origin of HMU
- 38 How to Use HMU
- 39 Start Using Acronyms in Your Daily Communication
- 40 What Does HMU Mean and Where Can You Use It?
- 41 What Does HMU Mean?
- 42 Where Can You Use HMU?
- 43 When Did HMU Originate?
- 44 Get Hip With More Slang Terms
- 45 What Does HMU Mean?
- 46 History of HMU
- 47 Spelling
- 48 How to Use HMU in a Sentence
- 49 HMU Meaning: What Does HMU Mean? Useful Text Conversations
- 50 HMU Meaning
- 51 What does hmu mean?
- 52 What does hmu mean?
- 53 Where did hmu come from?
- 54 110 Texting Acronyms, Abbreviations and Slang to Know
- 55 110 texting acronyms, texting abbreviations and texting slang
- 56 Using texting acronyms and texting abbreviations with customers
- 57 Want more texting for business resources?
- 58 Text Message Abbreviations and Texting Acronyms
Is HMU flirty?
Using HMU is not always flirty, but it can be depending on context. In general, it just means you want someone to call you back. If it is used in a flirty way it’s to set up a date.
What is HMU in a text message?
Hmu is an abbreviation for the phrase “hit me up.” It’s a request for social invitation, often posted online to announce that you’re looking for something to do and to encourage others to reach out to you.
What does MHM mean in a text?
Mhm is a version of mm-hmm, an interjection variously used to express agreement or make an acknowledgment, among other senses. Mhm is especially common in the casual writing of the internet and text-messaging.
What does it mean when a girl says HMU?
HMU is the abbreviation for “ hit me up.” It’s a quick way to tell someone to contact you or make plans in the future.
What DM means?
In the digital world, “DM” usually stands for “ Direct Message.” A DM is a private mode of communication between social media users. When you send a direct message, only you and the recipient can see the content. Instagram, Facebook and Twitter all have their own direct messaging platforms.
Whats IG stand for?
IG stands for the social media platform Instagram. It also sometimes short for I guess.
What does OFC mean?
Of Course! OFC is an abbreviated internet acronym for “of course.” It’s used in online chats as a shorthand when you don’t want to type the entire phrase.
What does SMH mean in text?
SMH stands for ” shaking my head.”
How do you HMU someone on Snapchat?
The intended meaning of HMU on Snapchat is ” Hit Me Up.” This slang is generally used instead of “text me” or “let’s talk.” This abbreviation simply suggests that you want to start a good conversation on Snapchat with your friends. Also Read | How to change username in Snapchat?
What does HMU mean? on Instagram, in Text, on Facebook
Have you ever met someone and overheard them mutter HMU to themselves? Then you’re probably wondering what HMU stands for and why they haven’t contacted you to hang out again. The possibility exists that you misread the phrase HMU, if this has occurred to you before. This acronym is quite popular among young people, particularly when used in text messages and on social networking platforms. However, it is also employed in everyday language by a wide range of people from a variety of backgrounds.
What does HMU mean?
Please contact me at HMUstands forhit me up. HMUmeans you may phone or text me.
This indicates that the individual wishes for you to contact them through phone or email, or to contact them for whatever reason they may have. This is an open invitation for you to contact them with any questions you may have, to invite them to an event you may be hosting, or to inquire about anything else.
What does HMU mean in text?
Because it is slang, you should avoid using it in front of your supervisor or teacher. When you are conversing with people who are on an equal footing, such as at conferences and networking events. You may inform folks who you’d want to meet up with again or who you’d like to cooperate with to contact you! Hitting someone up is an open invitation, although it is frequently done in a very casual manner. It is understandable if you do not contact someone or do not follow up with them once you have made contact.
If you contact these individuals, you will almost certainly not receive a response.
- It was a lot of fun to spend the day with you today! If you wish to do it again, HMU, my firm is looking for new employees! HMU In the event that you or someone you know is a specialist in internet marketing, particularly through email
- HMUwhen you’re in town the next time
- HMUwhen you desire this love
- HMUwhen you’re in town the next time HMU as soon as you are ready
- Is there anyone who canHMU
- HMUand I’ll be on my way
You may substitute any other individual for the pronoun “me,” just as you can with other popular sentences (includingyou, them, my mother, etc.). However, you should avoid abbreviating that sentence (for example, HYU) since the other person will not grasp what it means.
Hmu is an abbreviation meaning “hit me up.” You have requested that a particular individual phone or notifyyou when they know or desire anything. When you ask someone to hit you up, you want them to contact you as soon as possible. Examples:
- If you happen to locate the t-shirt I misplaced at your house, please let me know
- If there’s a party this Saturday, please let me know. Don’t forget to HMU when you’ve finished the exam.
HMU for a TBH meaning
HMU stands for “hit me up,” while TBH stands for “tell the truth.” The HMU is formed when these two elements are united to form a TBH. It signifies that you want someone to give you their completely honest view of yourself. Alternatively, you might ask the individual to provide you with their honest view about someone else. Examples:
- Lisa expressed her dissatisfaction with my demeanor. If you know Steven, you may ask him for a TBH about it afterwards. Well, HMU for a TBH on him, to be honest
What does HMU with Plans mean?
When you are making agreements with someone, you utilize HMU with plans to help you communicate more effectively. When you aren’t the one making all of the decisions, you delegate this responsibility to someone else. Alternatively, if someone else is making arrangements, you might request that they be shared with you. Examples:
- I’ve heard that the team is playing this weekend, and you’re the only one who’s missing. I’m available to join the HMU with ideas
- We have a presentation to finish by tomorrow afternoon. I’ll be available all day, so HMU with your plans
- Denise has confirmed that she’ll be in town today. If you’re planning a trip, make sure you tell us where you’re going.
HMU with Plots meaning
When you’re preparing and strategizing, it’s common to have a certain aim in mind.
In order to attain a goal, a whole strategy must be devised. When you ask someone to help you with plots, you’re seeking for creative ways to reach your objectives. Examples:
- Derek is going to have to pay the price for the trick he played on me yesterday. HMU is hatching schemes to retaliate against us
- The gang is attempting to infiltrate our region. We must retaliate in some way. If you have anything on Melissa, HMU with plots
- If you have anything on Melissa, HMU with plots. She treats me with such contempt.
HMU with Moves meaning
Making moves is a phrase that refers to making preparations to launch an attack on someone or an organization. It is frequently related with criminal activity. When you invite someone to HMU with movements it shows thatyou are interested in joining in the strike. Examples:
- This street is being taken up by people from the uptown area. I’m down
- HMU with moves
- We should seize this opportunity while it is still there
- I believe we will be able to take advantage of it. We need a game plan for the HMU including maneuvers
HMU to FT meaning
HMU is an abbreviation for hit me up, while FT is an abbreviation for Facetime. When you ask someone for FT, they will respond with HMU. In other words, you’re asking them to give you a Facetime call instead of a phone call. Examples:
- I haven’t seen you in a very long time. I’m going to HMU for FT later because I can’t get in touch with Jennifer. Can you please tell her to HMU for FT later today
- I’m now occupied, so could you please HMU for FT tomorrow?
Is HMU Flirty?
However, it may be considered flirting depending on the context.In general, it just signifies that you want someone to call you back.If it is used in a flirty manner, it is to set up a date.Flirty examples:
- What are your plans for the evening following your shift? We can go to HMU and have some food if you don’t have any plans
- I’d love to see you again. I understand you’re quite busy, but please come to HMU whenever you get the opportunity
- I had a great time with you last night. Whenever you have the want to go out, just call HMU.
HML vs HMU
HMU and HML are abbreviations for hit me up and hit my line, respectively. Both words have the same or a similar meaning, which makes these two words synonymous with one another. It is OK to use any of them, and they both signify the same thing. When you use either HMU or HML, you are requesting that someone contact you.
There are even some that
- Harrison Middleton University, Hawler Medical University, and Hainan Medical University are among the institutions of higher learning in the area.
HMUHit me up or (text, hangout, or phone) me if you want. Hey, you should check out HMU someday. byyeah? Yeet! Get an HMU mug for your grandmother, Jovana, on January 28th, 2015. HMUH It has been seen the most on Snapchator’s Instagram. The majority of the time, individuals say this when they’re bored and need to chat to someone. If you notice DHMU, don’t chat to them since they are either too busy or too dissatisfied. Snapchat:Streaks HMU Instagram Story courtesy of HMU byThat.one.person The 24th of August 2017FlagGet an HMUmug for your barber Sarah.
- someone HMU byrissxbitch Get an HMU mug for your mother, Nathalie, on April 18, 2009Flag HMUHold on to your unicorn.
- I’m in desperate need of a new sneaker.
- HMUAcronym for “Hit Me Up” (Hit Me Up).
- Hide my underwear/underwear2.Hold on to my Unicorn 3.
- How is MyUnderdog doing?
- Someone HMU as soon as possible!
What is HMU?
HMU in 30 minutes and I’ll email you a naked picture.
HMU It is an acronym for the phrase ” Hit Me Up.” It simply signifies that you would want someone to phone you or send you an SMS message.
” hmu ” was found in 1,600 status updates a day over the course of a year.
Get an HMU mug for your brother-in-law Georges for the 15th of January, 2011.
Snapchat slangs like HMU, BRB and SMH explained: What does HMU mean on Snapchat?
The most recent update was made on:
Snapchat slangs explained! What does HMU mean on Snapchat? Know what do slangs like HMU, BRBSMH and how to use them appropriately to up your text slang game!
Snapchat is a widely used multimedia messaging software that has millions of active users all around the world that use the service on a regular basis. It allows users to take photos, record films, and edit them using a large collection of filters that may modify a user’s appearance and even make the photographs and videos appear more amusing. A video captured with this application can also be fast-forwarded or slowed-down using the app. The Snapchat app’s design allows users to share selfies and videos to their friends and other people in their network.
Additionally, the sender gets alerted if the recipient screenshots the conversation or the selfie that was provided to them.
They are often brief in length and allow users to compress several words into one or two lines of text so that the recipient may read the text included inside the image before the time limit for seeing the image expires on the image.
If you’ve ever wondered what the letters BRB and SMH stand for, or what the letters HMU represent in Snapchat, you’ve come to the right place. Also Take a look at this | What is the best way to erase your Snapchat account? Learn how to do it in simple steps here. Read
What does HMU mean in Snapchat?
Many individuals who are not familiar with the Snapchat text lingo have difficulty understanding texts such as HMU and other similar phrases and acronyms. HMU on Snapchat is meant to signify “Hit Me Up,” which is what it actually means. In most cases, this slang phrase is used in place of “text me” or “let’s chat.” This shorthand simply indicates that you wish to start a pleasant conversation with your friends on Snapchat using the hashtag. Also Read more about How to Change Your Snapchat Username?
What Does BRB mean on Snapchat?
BRB is slang for “Be Right Back” in Snapchat text messages. This slang expression is often used to signify that a person will be unavailable for a little period of time. It also carries the message that the individual will text once they have regained access to the internet. Also read |What Does the Letter SMH Mean on Snapchat? SMH, ROFLOMFG, and other slang terms have been debunked!
What Does SMH mean on Snapchat?
SMH is an abbreviation for “Shaking My Head” on Snapchat. A person is expressing their dissatisfaction with what they have just read by communicating this slang. When used in a communication, it may also indicate a feeling of incredulity that the sender is experiencing as a result of what they have just written about. SMH is a popular abbreviation on Snapchat that is used to indicate the sentiments stated above in situations where words may not be sufficient to express fully. What does SU signify on Snapchat is also worth reading.
Published for the first time:
What Does “HMU” Mean, and How Do You Use It?
Acidmit/Shutterstock.com The acronym HMU is widely used on the internet. Throughout the internet, you’ll see it employed in a variety of contexts. Here’s what it implies, as well as how to utilize it effectively.
What It Means
‘Hit me up’ is an acronym for the phrase “hit me up.” If you want to tell someone to contact you or make arrangements for the future, this is a simple method to do so. For example, you may tell a buddy, “HMU when you want to playMario Kart,” or, “HMU when you come back to town,” or anything like. The majority of the time, HMU is employed in social or informal commercial settings. Some individuals sometimes use HMU to indicate that someone has requested something from them, such as “He HMU asking for money” or “She HMU for a date,” among other things.
The phrase “hit up” may also refer to the desire to visit a specific location, which is worth pointing out.
The History of HMU
Photograph courtesy of Zhu difeng/Shutterstock.com The term “hit me up” is inextricably linked to the hip-hop culture of the 1990s. The use of one-way pagers to communicate with one another was widespread throughout that decade, and not just among drug traffickers. Although “communicate” is perhaps not the best term to use here, because these gadgets were unable to receive text-based communications. Instead, they were provided with telephone numbers. Someone would call your pager from his phone and it would beep.
- The phrase “hit up” originated as a result of the highly particular requirements of paging.
- It is now strongly connected with cellphones, which are undoubtedly the current equivalent of pagers in terms of function and functionality.
- As you can see, it sort of appeared out of nowhere.
- Accordng to Facebook’s 2010 Memology Report, HMU jumped from being a rare occurrence to becoming the most popular trend of the year.
- The number of searches for HMU reached a peak in 2010 and then stabilized after around a year, according to Google Trends.
However, this does not always imply that the term is less popular now than it was previously. If anything, the meaning of HMU is probably being searched up less because it is now so widely used that most people are familiar with what it implies.
How Do I Use HMU?
Fizkes/Shutterstock.com HMU is an acronym for “hit me up,” as it has been said previously. It’s simple to use and will be understood by the vast majority of individuals. As a result, if you want to express “hit me up,” simply use the abbreviation HMU. “HMU when you come home,” or “HMU whenever you want to hang out,” are both acceptable phrases. Again, it’s a plain abbreviation, so there’s no need to be concerned about any odd syntax or anything like that. In the case of an unexpected communication from a friend or acquaintance, you may say something like, “He HMU just last week,” or, “They HMU asking for a ride,” to convey the circumstance.
It’s possible that you’ll notice it as lowercase (hmu).
What Does HMU Mean (And How to Use It)
You’ve undoubtedly come across HMU as another one of those acronyms that you had to look up the meaning of on the internet before continuing. The acronym HMU, as well as other popular online abbreviations such as NSFWorSMH, are used to describe ideas that are beyond the realm of current language. Using these abbreviations is a terrific method to communicate your feelings fast and efficiently on the internet. Are you still perplexed by everything? Learn what the term HMU stands for, where it originated, and how to properly utilize it to avoid becoming a social media faux pas.
What Does HMU Mean?
It is abbreviated as HMU and is used to request that a person contact you at a future time. In the world of HMU, expressions like “contact me,” “message me,” and “phone me” are interchangeable with variations on the theme of “get in touch to follow up and discuss this more at a later time.” If you want to urge someone to contact you, you can use the acronym HMU. However, you should not use it right now. It is particularly useful when you want to leave a discreet reminder for the other person, or when you don’t want to lose contact but don’t have the time to address matters right away.
When you use this acronym, you are giving them the option to choose the sort of follow-up communication they want to receive: a DM on Instagram, a video call on WhatsApp, or anything else.
Examples of Use
It is common to hear the term “HMU” used in online conversations, social networking sites, texting and internet memes that aren’t particularly popular at the time. If it’s a fast (and casual) communication from someone who is reasonably close to you, you’re unlikely to see it in your email inbox. While it is usual to use the abbreviation HMU to request that the other person contact you, there are other instances in which individuals are likely to utilize this acronym. When people are flirting online, they frequently utilize the acronym HMU.
Another option to make use of HMU is to solicit input from others in the form of ideas or suggestions.
Consider the following scenario: If you’re seeking for restaurant recommendations in a new place, you may post on social media, “Where should I go for supper in X city?” “Hmu with a few recommendations.”
The Origin of HMU
Some users believe that the origins of Hit Me Up may be traced back to pagers, which were popular communication devices in the 1990s. When a pager was used, it could not accept text messages; instead, it beeped and displayed the phone number of the person who attempted to contact you or “hit you up.” The fact is that no one knows where the abbreviation came from in the first place. HMU, like many other acronyms, arrived in the Urban Dictionary one day out of nowhere. HMU thereafter became a popular online fad that spread swiftly throughout the internet community.
Because the term HMU is frequently used for flirting, it was only natural for it to evolve into a part of the online dating scene as time went on.
where they provide a lot of evaluations for other dating apps such as Tinder or OkCupid, as well as a number of female-only accounts that don’t appear to be actual individuals, among other things.
How to Use HMU
While it is OK to say hit me up out loud without drawing attention to yourself, the abbreviation HMU is only acceptable for online use. The way you use this abbreviation in your everyday conversation may vary based on the scenario and the setting you are in.
Use HMU in Texting
While it is OK to say hit me up out loud without drawing attention to yourself, the abbreviation HMU is only acceptable for online communication. Depending on the circumstance and context, you can employ this abbreviation in a variety of ways in your daily conversation.
- HMU is a punctuation mark that is used alone and in all capital letters to signify the importance of a message or contact request
- Hmu Utilize this form if you want to be a part of the rising trend of writing things in lowercase letters to make it appear more casual or laid-back
- HMUin the beginning or conclusion of the message are good examples of this. If you don’t want to run the danger of another person misinterpreting your message, including the acronym within your message is usually the best approach to take.
Use HMU to Contact People Back
HMU isn’t always utilized in its original form, but it is sometimes. One variant of this abbreviation is HYU, which stands for hit you up, which has the inverse connotation of HMU (hit you up). Using it in a text message to another person is a good idea if you want to be the one who contacts them back.
Use HMU as a GIF or Meme
If you want to express the same concept as HMU on social media or while exchanging messages with friends, you may use GIFs or memes to do it. Because tools like as GIPHY are now incorporated into the majority of social networking platforms, all you have to do is open the appropriate discussion, locate the option to share GIFs in the chat box, then put HMU into the search bar to discover the HMU. In order to inject some fun into your conversation, you might look for HMU memes on the internet and post them in a chat session.
Start Using Acronyms in Your Daily Communication
Having a conversation with someone online is typically a different experience than having a conversation with someone in person. So why not have a good time with it? along with some intriguing acronyms, emoticons, animated GIFs, and other methods of communicating your message.
and Have you ever heard of the HMU abbreviation before? Do you have any other acronyms that you like to utilize in your online correspondence? Please share your thoughts about internet slang in the comments section below.
What Does HMU Mean and Where Can You Use It?
The internet is filled with jargon that is difficult to understand. HMU is a word that you may have come across before. Everywhere you look, you’ll see people using it: on social media, in conversations and messages, and on dating apps. But what exactly does HMU stand for? In this post, we will explain what HMU is and provide you with examples of how, where, and when to apply it in various situations.
What Does HMU Mean?
HMU is an abbreviation for H itM eU p. An invitation for someone to contact you is contained inside this message. Most of the time, as is customary these days, it is not capitalized. The initial circumstance in which someone would say “hit me up” to them would be when they were asking for anything, generally money. To provide an example, “My brother called me since his business had gone out of business.” While it might still refer to the same thing, the term has been broadened to encourage communication.
If you encounter the abbreviation HMU on the internet, it’s probable that’s what people are referring to.
Because the definition was given by user UnicornLover238, one might even argue that they have a personal bias towards unicorns.
Where Can You Use HMU?
HMU is mostly used online, primarily on social networking platforms such as Twitter and Facebook, as well as on messaging applications such as Snapchat and WhatsApp. While it is possible to say “hit me up” out loud, the abbreviation has not yet gained widespread acceptance, thus it should only be used online. Using HMU is appropriate in a number of different scenarios, as explained below. Here are some instances of them, along with explanations:
- Suggestion to get together, either at a certain time or at some point in the future, if possible. As an illustration, “I think we should go see that new film! hmu whenever you have some free time.”
- Requesting anything, such as advice or views, is an example of a request. As an illustration, “What restaurant should I go to for lunch? hmu with some thoughts.”
- Flirting is a technique that may be employed on dating apps such as Tinder or Bumble to generate discussion or a date. To cite an example, “hmu if you enjoy animals, travel, and gingerbread cookies” might be appropriate.
- Contact information, such as your phone number or email address, should be provided. For example, “If you’d like to talk, please contact hmu at [email protected]”
When Did HMU Originate?
The term HMU was unheard of in the early days of 2009, according to Facebook. A total of just a few of postings every day included it, with the majority of them being errors. By May of the same year, the word had grown in popularity, with an average of 20 postings per day. Each month, it increased by a factor of two. In 2010, the pace of growth surged dramatically, expanding at a rate of 75 percent every month. By the conclusion of that summer, HMU had received over 80,000 daily mentions on social media.
However, as the children returned to school, the word began to be used more frequently on weekends.
This makes sense since, as previously said, individuals use HMU in conversations and on social media, rather than as a normal word in Google searches, and therefore the relevant searches for the phrase are all variants on “what does hmu imply.”
Get Hip With More Slang Terms
Although HMU gained popularity in 2010, it continues to be a commonly used slang term on the internet today. After you understand what HMU stands for, you may begin to use this particular acronym with confidence going forward. If you want to broaden your knowledge of slang terms and phrases, here are some of the most popular internet acronyms you should be familiar with. The 15 Most Valuable Android Developer Options That Are Worth Trying The following are the most effective Android developer options: Absolute loudness, animation scales, peak refresh rate, and other features can be turned off.
Joe Keeley is an American actor and director.
He holds a BA (Hons) in Business and is now a full-time freelance writer who likes making complex technology understandable to the general public. Joe Keeley has more to say.
Sign up for our newsletter to receive tech tips, reviews, free ebooks, and special offers! To become a subscriber, please visit this page.
What Does HMU Mean?
HMU is an abbreviation for “Hit Me Up” in the internet world. When someone contacts you, you can say something like, “contact me,” “text me,” “phone me,” or some other variation on the phrase “reach me to follow up on this.” It’s a current slang term for inviting someone to continue a conversation with you, but it’s not appropriate right now. Hemingway’s acronym (HMU) is a type of internet lingo that may be used when talking, texting, sending informal emails, and instant messaging. You will not (and should not) come across it in any commercial or professional interactions, on the other hand, Lifewire The HMU term, like many other internet idioms, is a part of the culture of online discourse, and it is used often.
It has also been used in jest to refer to the phrase “Hold My Unicorn,” however this is not the most popular meaning of the acronym.
History of HMU
HMU was originally used to refer to “the individual who asked me for something,” as in “David comes to me every Friday night and asks for a modest loan.” However, starting about 2009, the phrase began to be used to signify “speak with me in greater depth.” It’s possible that the Hold My Unicorn variant of HMU was first noticed on Urban Dictionary in 2010 or 2011.
HMU can alternatively be spelt with all lowercase letters, as in ashmu, to avoid confusion. Both the capital and lowercase variants convey the same word, and you may use either depending on how informal the internet is in your writing. To avoid being perceived as disrespectful, avoid typing complete words in capital, as this might be construed as yelling over the internet.
How to Use HMU in a Sentence
The following are a few instances of HMU in regular conversational situations:
HMU Example No. 1
- Daniel: I have two e-coupons for Jinx.com that are good for a 20 percent discount. Is there anyone that wants one? Tyler: I’ll take one of those! I’m in desperate need of a new clothing. Daniel: hmu, please provide me with your email address so that I may give it to you
HMU Example No. 2
- Abidola:Jay! Later, I’ll go to HMU for the tickets. Fortunately, I have them with me in my car. Jay:Cool. What do you think about seeing you at your house after 5 p.m.? I’ll bring cash with me. I like the sound of Abidola’s voice: kk
HMU Example No. 3
- Tuan:Dude, I need to borrow your identification card. Daniel: Can you tell me my ID? What exactly are you doing? Tuan: Intramural hockey is my sport. They need me to present a valid school ID before allowing me to skate on the ice. Daniel:Gotcha. Lunch with K and HMU. At 11:30 a.m., I’ll be at the Subway in the CAB building.
HMU Example No. 4
- Sheldon: Hey, I’m looking for some decent recommendations for winter tires. I’m considering purchasing some for my daughter’s automobile. Kaveh: That was the subject of a good piece I read. Second, perhaps I can locate it in my bookmarks
- Sheldon: Excellent, HMU, please provide a link as soon as possible.
HMU Example No. 5
You may also come across HMU being used to refer to Hold My Unicorn, like in the following example:
- Benjamin:Hey, guy, why did you text me at such a strange hour last night? Andy:I wanted you to hmu while I was preparing dinner
HMU Meaning: What Does HMU Mean? Useful Text Conversations
What exactly is HMU stand for? Are you looking for the definition of HMU? Learn the definition, how to use it, and when to use it with this online slang phrase by seeing an ESL picture and engaging text chat in English.
“Hit Me Up” is an acronym for the phrase. If someone instructs you to contact HMU, that person is implying that you should contact him by whatever means possible. You might reach out to him via phone, text message, or email. Anyone may use it in a casual manner. Internet slang words that are similar HMU is a slang term that is related to HYU, which stands for “Hit You Up.” It is diametrically opposed in meaning, yet practically same in appearance. It implies I’ll get in touch with you.
Conversation Examples Using “Hit Me Up”
An exchange of text messages between Meg and David is depicted below.
- Meg: How are you doing, Dave? It’s been a long since we’ve seen each other. David:Please accept my apologies
- I’ve been quite busy recently. It would be wonderful to hang out with you on Friday evening
- Meg David: I’m sorry, but I’m not in town at the moment. I’m on official business at the moment, but I should be returning next week. Meg: It’s not an issue, justHMUwhen you return to town
- David:All OK, I’ll HYUwhen I get back
Other Meanings of HMU
- Help Me Understand
- Hook Me Up
- Height Monitoring Unit
- Hold My Unicorn
- Hollow Masonry Unit
- Hydro-Mechanical Unit
- Help Me Understand
Learn more about texting abbreviations in English with these intriguing texting abbreviations.
HMU Meaning Infographic
- Please call me back. Get in contact with me if you want to
- My phone calls were returned
- Please get in touch with me. You might give me a call
- Could you please call me as soon as possible? Please contact me later. Please come and speak with me
- Send me a message
- Please get in touch with me. Let’s get together.
HMU Synonyms with Examples
Please call me back.
- If it’s okay with you, could you please phone me back in 10 minutes?
Contact me if you have any questions.
- People working at a studio could phone me, or they might urge the act to get in contact with me directly.
My phone calls were returned.
- I tried to contact Tom and Jame to find out more about these encounters, but none of them answered my calls.
To find out more about these encounters, I called Tom and Jame, but neither answered the phone.
- Despite our distance, we remain in touch – we write to one other a couple of times a year.
You may give me a call. Can you give me a call as soon as possible? Please contact me later. Please come and speak with me.
- If somebody has a different point of view, they should come and talk to me.
Please contact me.
- If you do not understand the job description, please do not submit a bid. Please contact me if you require any other information. There will be no partial remuneration for part-time labor.
Please get back to me.
- She simply keeps phoning and messaging me, attempting to get in touch with me
Let’s get together.
What does hmu mean?
Because we are living in the digital era, there are a plethora of abbreviations and acronyms to cope with when communicating. There are several online shorthand phrases that, while their meanings are evident, can be difficult to comprehend for those who are not familiar with the language. 1 There are a plethora of abbreviations and acronyms that are used on social media platforms. Photograph courtesy of Getty Images
What does hmu mean?
Simply said, the term “hmu” stands for “hit me up.” A casual and easy approach for someone to invite you to message them is what it is essentially. It’s most typically seen on social media sites such as Snapchat and Instagram, among other places. The phrases “hmu when you’re free” and “hmu while you’re at home” are examples of how to utilize it.
Where did hmu come from?
It is believed that the use of hmu began to gain popularity in 2009, when the term first appeared on Urban Dictionary. The informal initialism’s popularity skyrocketed in 2010. That same year, Facebook disclosed that those three letters had had such a quick increase in usage that they had topped the trend in status updates and had been the phrase that had grown the most in use over time. According to Facebook’s Memology research from 2010, “In early 2009, the abbreviation HMU was nearly unheard of,” according to the company.
“By the end of the summer, HMU had attained a daily mention rate of 80,000.” In comparison, the phrase was barely mentioned in Facebook’s 2009 memology report, which was a solitary sentence.
110 Texting Acronyms, Abbreviations and Slang to Know
You’ve almost certainly received a text message that had an acronym, abbreviation, or slang phrase that left you perplexed at some point. Perhaps you’re familiar with a few text acronyms such as “lol” or “OMG,” but you’re not as familiar with online lingo such as “Sus” or “Tea,” which are terms that ultimately become text jargon. Even if you’re well-versed in texting jargon or can’t tell the difference between “IDC” and “IDK,” keeping up with the constant barrage of acronyms and abbreviations that seem to find their way into the text messaging vocabulary may be tiresome.
Consider it a handy sheet for text abbreviations in general.
If you run a business that communicates with clients through text message, we’ve included some recommendations at the bottom of this piece on how to effectively employ texting acronyms and the like in your interactions.
110 texting acronyms, texting abbreviations and texting slang
- AKA: Also known as
- AFAIK: As far as I am aware
- AKA: Also known as
- AMA: Feel free to ask me anything. AMAA: You may ask me nearly anything
- ASAP: As quickly as possible
- AMAA: You can ask me almost anything
- AMAA: You can ask me virtually anything
- ATM stands for “at the time.” Bae: First and foremost
- Before anybody else
- B4N: Goodbye for the time being
- BBL: I’ll come back later. BC or B/C: For the reason because
- BDAY: A person’s birthday
- The terms BFF and Bestie are used interchangeably
- BRB is an abbreviation for “be right back.” BFF and Bestie are both best friends forever
- BRB is an abbreviation for “be right back
- ” BRB is an abbreviation for “be right back
- ” BRB is an abbreviation for “be right back.” By the way, just a little note:
For example: The Crown is a fantastic television program, by the way. I would highly suggest it.
- COB stands for “close of business.” CYA: See you later
- CYT: I’ll see you tomorrow
- Thanks. DAE: Is there anything else? DIKY: Do I recognize you? DIY stands for “do it yourself.” DM stands for “direct messaging.” EOD is an abbreviation for the end of the day. F2F stands for face to face
- Finna means “going to” or “intentionally”
- FOMO is for “fear of missing out.” FTFY stands for “fixed that for you.” FTW: For the win, of course
- For what it’s worth, here’s my two cents: For your knowledge, I’m including this as an FYI. G2G: I’ve got to get out of here
- GR8: Excellent
- HBU: How are you doing? HIFW: What I’m thinking while
- HMU: Give me a call
- I hope this has been of assistance
- In case you missed it, here’s what happened: IDC: It doesn’t matter to me. I’m not sure
- I’m not sure. IFYP: I understand your suffering
- Instagram is abbreviated as IG
- IIRC: If my recollection serves me correctly
- Yes, I know what you’re thinking. ILY: I’m in love with you
- If I were to say something, it would be IMO
- IMHO: In my humble/honest opinion
- IRL: In real life.
COB (Close of Business): The end of the business day. CYA: Until next time. The CYT: I’ll see you tomorrow. DAE: Can you tell me anything else about yourself? “Do I recognize you?” says DIKY. “Do it yourself” is an abbreviation. In this case, DM stands for direct messaging. Day’s end is referred to as EOD. The term F2F refers to face to face communication; Finna refers to going or planning to travel; Afraid of missing out; FTFY: Fixed it for you; FOMO: Fear of missing out; To be victorious, use the phrase “for the win.” For what it’s worth, I’ll throw in my two cents.
- AWESOME; GR8: I’d want to know how you’re doing.
- I hope this has been of assistance.
- If you’re in pain, I understand; IFYP: Twitter: Twitter; IIRC: If my memory serves me properly, Instagram is the acronym for Instagram.
- “I really like you.” ILY: I really like you.
- ISTG: I swear to you in the name of God
- IYKYK: If you know what you’re talking about
- JIC stands for “just in case.” I’m joking, of course. JSYK: Just so you’re aware, KMN: Assassinate me right now
- LMK: Please let me know.
For example, let me know if you’re available to hang out this weekend. It appears to be a pleasant day with plenty of sunshine.
- Laughing aloud is referred to as LOL. MFW: The expression on my face at the time
- MRW: This was my response when
- MSG stands for message
- NBD is for no big deal. NGL:I’m not going to lie
- NP: That’s not an issue. I think it’s nice to have
- NVM: It’s all right
- OFC: Without a doubt
- OMG: Oh my God/Goddess
- I’m speechless. OML: Oh my lord, please forgive me. OMW: On my way
- OOO: Out of office
- OMW: On my way
An example of an auto-reply text message: Hello, there. Thank you for your message. I’m temporarily out of the office and will be back on Monday, May 10th. When I return, I’ll make sure to respond to your text message. If you want immediate assistance, please contact my colleague Holly Nelson at 555-123-4567 or through text message.
- OOTD stands for outfit of the day. On the other hand: On the other hand
- PNL is for Peace and Love
- POV stands for Point of View
- PPL stands for People. QAP stands for “as soon as possible.” QOTD stands for Quote of the Day. RN: At the moment
- ROFL: I’m rolling around on the floor laughing
- SFLR: Apologies for the delayed response
- I’m smirking and shaking my head
- This isn’t my problem, then. SO stands for significant other.
An example of promotional text for retail: Do you need a last-minute Christmas present for your significant other or closest friend? Today only, we are offering an additional 20% off our entire sale area! Visit www.website.com to make a purchase.
- SRSLY: I mean it
- Suspicious is a slang term for suspicious. • TBD: to be determined or decided
- TBA: to be announced
- TBC: to be continued. • TBF: I’ll be completely honest with you
- To be quite honest, I’m not sure what to say. Gossip and drama are served with tea.
For example: How did the phone call go, by the way? What’s the deal with the tea?!
- TFW: That sensation you get when
- The phrase TGIF means “Thank goodness/thank God it’s Friday.” THX: Thank you so much
- TIA: Please accept my thanks in advance. TIL: I discovered something today
- To summarize: it’s too long, don’t/didn’t read it
- TMI stands for “too much information.” TTP: Straight to the point
- TTYL: I’ll get back to you later. TY: Thank you very much
- TYT: Take your time
- Don’t rush anything. V:Very
- WD YM: Excuse me, but what do you mean? Work from home (WFH) is an option. Without
- W/O: without
- WYWH: I wish you were here with us. Yeet is a verb that means to toss something or to exclaim. YGTI: I’m sure you got the picture
- YMMV: Individual results may vary. YOLO (You Only Live Once) means “You Only Live Once.” YP: Please accept my request
Using texting acronyms and texting abbreviations with customers
If your company communicates with consumers by text message, here’s a brief introduction of how texting acronyms may be used to enhance your discussions with them.
Know your audience
A Zipwhiptext generation poll asked participants—whose ages spanned from baby boomers to Generation Z—about how frequently they used acronyms such as “LOL” or “BTW.” Interestingly, we discovered that whereas a majority of Generation Z (62 percent), millennials (56 percent), and Gen X (48 percent) utilize acronyms at least once a day, only 26 percent of Baby Boomers do so. While the survey question was designed to determine how frequently people of all ages use texting acronyms in general, companies can still benefit from the information.
The fact that they do not use acronyms in their regular chats with friends and family means that they are unlikely to wish to use them in your company’s communications.
Use texting abbreviations and acronyms with SMS marketing
You may opt to not utilize abbreviations or acronyms in ordinary, two-way discussions with consumers if that’s not part of your brand, but texting lingo might make sense in yourtext message marketing. Incorporating well-known, relevant text message abbreviations and acronyms might help you better relate to your audience while also allowing you to stand out from the crowd. Keep the following points in mind to prevent making any mistakes:
- Don’t try to push it. You should avoid using text phrases that don’t seem natural in your text message if you truly want to utilize them in your text message. Also, keep an eye out for anything that appears to be out of date. Utilize them sparingly
- For example, run it by your coworkers, consult a knowledgeable friend or family member, or conduct a short web search to double-check your findings. While they are entertaining to use, using too many short words when texting can cause your receiver to become confused. Keep it simple and limited to no more than one or two items at a time
Want more texting for business resources?
With the aid of Zipwhip, you may become an expert at texting your consumers now that you have a text language cheat sheet in your possession. The free information provided below might assist you in getting started.
- Report on the State of Texting in the United States in 2021
- The Ultimate Guide to Texting Your Customers
- Additionally, visit our Resource Center for additional e-books, webinars, podcasts, and films
Text Message Abbreviations and Texting Acronyms
AML means All My Love in text messaging.
AOTA means All of the Above in text messaging.
ASL means Age / Sex / Location in text messaging.
ATM means At The Moment in text messaging.
AYOR means At Your Own Risk in text messaging.
AYTMTB means And Your Telling Me This Because in text messaging.
BBC means Big Bad Challenge in text messaging.
BBL means Be Back Later in text messaging.
CU means See You in text messaging.
DEF means Definitely in text messaging.
DM means Direct Message in text messaging.
DTS means Don’t Think So in text messaging.
DW means Dear Wife in text messaging.
EG means Evil Grin in text messaging.
F2F means Face to Face in texting messaging.
FBM means Fine By Me in text messaging.
FITB means Fill In The Blanks in text messaging.
FML means Freak* My Life in text messaging.
FOH means Freak* Outta Here in text messaging.
FOMO means Fear of Missing Out in text messaging.
FR means For Real in text messaging.
FT means Face Time in text messaging.
IG means Instagram in text messaging.
IGHT means Alright in text messaging.
IIRC means If I Recall in text messaging.
IKR means I know Right in text messaging.
ILY means I Love You in text messaging.
IMAO means In My Arrogant Opinion in text messaging.
IMHO means In My Humble Opinion in text messaging.
IMK means In My Knowledge in text messaging.
IMO means In My Openion in text messaging.
IMY means I Miss You in text messaging.
INBD means It is No Big Deal in text messaging.
ION means In Other News in text messaging.
IRL means In Real Life in text messaging.
ISO means In Search of in text messaging.
IYKWIM means If You Know What I Mean in text messaging.
JIC means Just in Case in text messaging.
JJA means Just Joking Around in text messaging.
KIT means Keep in Touch in text messaging.
KK means Okay Cool in text messaging
LTR means Long Term Relationship in text messaging.
MBN means Must Be Nice in text messaging.
MHM means I Agree in text messaging.
MMK means Mhmm Ok in text messaging.
MMS means MultiMedia Message in text mesaging.
NBD means No Big Deal in text messaging.
NFS means Need for Speed in text messaging.
NGL means Not Gonna Lie in text messaging.
NNN means No New News in text messaging.
NSA means No Strings Attached in text messaging.
NTH means Nothing in text messaging.
NUN means Nothing in text messaging.
NVM means Never Mind in text messaging.
NYA means Need Your Advice in text messaging.
OBJ means Ojbect in text messaging.
OFC means Of Course in text messaging.
OML means Oh My Lord in text messaging.
OOF means Out of Office or Ouch in text messaging.
OTP means One true Pairing in text messaging.
P means Sticking Tongue Out in text messaging.
PLS means Please in text messaging.
POS means Parent Over Shoulder in text messaging.
PP means Personal Problem in text messaging.
RN means Right Now in text messaging.
RUS means Are You Serious in text messaging.
SIL means Son in Law or Sister in Law in text messaging.
SKSKSKSKS means Surprise or Oh My Goodness in text messaging
WYM means What You Mean or Watch Your Mouth in text messaging.
WYWH means Wish You Were Here in text messaging.
XLNT means Excellent in text messaging.
YBS means You’ll Be Sorry in text messaging.
YGG means You Go Girl in text messaging.
YH means Yeah in test messaging.
YHGTBKM means You Have Got To Be Kidding Me in text messaging.
YNK means You Never Know in text messaging.